Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

8 Greatest Banned Movie Posters Of All-time - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 8 Greatest Banned Movie Posters Of All-time (1601 Views)

BBNaija: Nina "My Greatest Fear Is Losing Collins, My Boyfriend" / I Feel Pretty 2018 Movie Posters Trailer Review Impelreport / The Best Movie Posters In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Greatest Banned Movie Posters Of All-time by Komex(m): 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
#1) Rules Of Attraction

You don’t need severed fingers to cause a scene.
You don’t need nipples either. Instead, as this
poster proves, you only need a willingness to go
shocking places others won’t. In this case, that’s
done by taking some loveable stuffed animals and
dropping them in as many sexually graphic
positions as possible. It’s knee-jerk funny,
incredibly sophomoric and completely perfect for
the movie it’s advertising. That’s why this Rules Of
Attraction artwork is the greatest banned movie
poster ever.

#2) Ali G Indahouse

This poster is utterly tasteless. It’s the type of
thing a middle school boy would fantasize about.
It’s cleverly edited in such a way that it’s not
graphic, but its implication is somehow even dirtier.
It’s like she’s being used for his own benefit. Thus,
it’s perfect for the Ali G Movie, which is all about
one douche bag’s dream of doing douche bag
things. Obviously, Sasha Baron Cohen would go on
to do bigger and more successful things, but
thankfully, he didn’t lose his ability to offend.

#3) Shame

No one wants to look at semen. I realize there are
all sorts of people into some weird shit, but I’m not
even sure looking at ejaculated semen is a fetish
anyone has. It’s creepy, weird, uncomfortable and
in no way appropriate for children. That being said,
I love the creativity here. These people probably
thought, since it was under the table graphic, that
they could get away with it. No dice. You can use
pretty much any font you want to write Shame.
Times New Roman. Even Comic Sans. But ejaculate
just doesn’t work, probably since it's not a real
font.

#4) Saw II

There are a ton of gross-out horror posters, and
most of them don’t impress me. I’m just not a huge
fan of slapping gross crap on some marketing
material and trying to ruin everyone’s afternoons.
This Saw 2 poster, however, has some art to it.
The severed fingers are used in a clever way, and
it’s not knee-jerk terrifying. It’s only gross when
you examine it closely and realize the digits aren’t
protruding out of the snow. They’ve been full-on
chopped off, probably by Jigsaw. Or former MPAA
head Jack Valenti.

1 Share

Re: 8 Greatest Banned Movie Posters Of All-time by Komex(m): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
#5) Zack And Miri Make A Indecency
The great thing about this poster is how safe for work it is. In fact, I’ll come right and say it was BS this got banned. Anyone who shouldn’t know what’s going on in this poster, isn’t going to know what’s going on, and anyone who can figure out what’s happening is old enough to not be scarred by the implication of MouthAction. Besides, there’s exactly the right level of head here in which a casual glance might not even register what’s going on. I love it. And that pun WAS intended.

#6) Sin City 2
It was a little bit silly to ban this poster, especially considering the fix was just to turn down the volume on the see-through nipple action a little bit, but that’s just where we’re at in America. Regardless, I think we can all admit what’s happening here, nipple or not, is pretty hot. Something tells me that’s exactly what the marketing team was going for. Well, that and perhaps a little bit of controversy. Nothing gathers a crowd quicker than the phrase "excessive nudity".

#7) The People Vs Larry Flynt
If nothing else, this poster should make everyone fall in love with Woody Harrelson. That dude goes for it. There’s almost no situation you could put him in where he would be unwilling to put it all on the line for the character. He’s awesome in The People vs Larry Flynt, and he’s damn good in this poster as a scantily clad anti-hero who spends his days wrapped in the American flag and getting up close and personal with mystery vaginas.
#cool Teeth
I get why the MPAA thought children would be confused and uncomfortable with this anatomically bizarre Teeth poster, but the great thing about it is how clearly it lets fans know whether or not they can handle the movie. If you can look at that poster and think, "Yeah, I want to go on this journey", then you’re going to have a great time. If you like at it and can’t stop thinking about how terrifying those vaginal teeth are, then it’s best to stay away.

Source: Cinema Blend

Re: 8 Greatest Banned Movie Posters Of All-time by IamRespected: 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
Chai!!! Chukwu ekwero iye ojoo, see iluminati at work
Re: 8 Greatest Banned Movie Posters Of All-time by eddyline(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
I must admit, people can be quite creative when it comes to negative things. the shame poster for instance I was wondering why it should be banned not until I realised that the write up was made using semen.
Re: 8 Greatest Banned Movie Posters Of All-time by tobiboss(m): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
^^^ ewww, but it looks like it though
Re: 8 Greatest Banned Movie Posters Of All-time by khanivorous(f): 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Posters!!!

If you have seen more than one movie in this poster, then you are tormented and scared for life

(1) (Reply)

Kumkum Bhagya Episode 422 Promo / Bbnaija: Mercy Strips Show Off Her Butt And Boobs During Night Party / Zee World Mehek Season 1 Finale Tuesday 22 Oct 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.