Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (335837 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by MSEdLAW(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2013
guysparrow: Good day
I have posted this about 2weeks ago
I recently secured a job with the saudi arabia ministry of Health
I am now 3 yrs post internship and my starting pay is $2k
I am currently working in a Private Health Facility FCT(Nigeria) with a pay of $1,150
I am seeking advice on a viable option to take considering the security challenges for non moselms in the middle east and I also want to know If It is easy to commence residency in saudi. Are there countries I can easily get jobs with a 1 - 2 years saudi experience.
Thanks I await your response
Pls which. Private health facility did u work with in abuja?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 08, 2013
bukahands:

Hmmm quality control is a nice course but has little prospects in Nigeria even in the UK and US it has little prospect and I don't know any school where u can complete med school under 3 years check again. In the US it 3yrs -4yrs after ur first degree
alryt..u can complete medical sch under 3yrs in some schs in Uk..
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by bukahands(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
vivichocs: alryt..u can complete medical sch under 3yrs in some schs in Uk..
Kk
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Oma95: 6:25am On Apr 13, 2013
Cmanforall: @Moderator,, y U̶̲̥̅̊ go hide ma post nahh?
D U̶̲̥̅̊ think am not a Dr.? Or  don't knw those lecturers  asked Oma abt?

This is a way to connect to ma junior colleague and U̶̲̥̅̊ decided hid d post. If thrs anythng wrong wit that, can U̶̲̥̅̊ lemme knw

@Oma, hws is FECAMDS and NCCMDS ova thr now? Hope Prof Ihemalandu and Dr Ekpo r doin well.  jst wan establish contact wit U̶̲̥̅̊ incase U̶̲̥̅̊ need advice etc. Check absumsa facebook page and holla me. Write CMANFORALL only..
Admin, no hide ds one, abeg.
All d best.
ya..they r ol fyn...i enjoy Dr Ekpo's lectures..i couldnt find you on facebook..here is my facebook name"OKEZIE CHIOMA"
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by owilondon: 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
@fedico,please am interested in that school.what is the visa procedure like? just tell me about the processes.please reply.tnx!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by bukahands(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
owilondon: @fedico,please am interested in that school.what is the visa procedure like? just tell me about the processes.please reply.tnx!
Google the school
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Cmanforall: 9:03am On Apr 22, 2013
Oma95: ya..they r ol fyn...i enjoy Dr Ekpo's lectures..i couldnt find you on facebook..here is my facebook name"OKEZIE CHIOMA"
Many results with that name...

I will be coming to ur sch soon... Mayb wil come to d block and ask afta U̶̲̥̅̊.
Nice meeting U̶̲̥̅̊ here. smiley
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by sparkle2k3: 8:54am On Apr 29, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Hi, stumbled on this thread late I guess..and too lazy to go through it all to check out what the gist has been about.
But I'll like to ask what anyone knows about going to Canada for Masters in Medical courses and possibly residency.
Does Canada also require USMLE or have their own licensing exam?
Are GRE and TOEFL a must for all schools?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by sparkle2k3: 9:03am On Apr 29, 2013
toyingbad: After BSc Anatomy am now going in for medicine in a medical school in Nigeria. I have my fears but I pray its worth it. The passion outweighs d stress right?

Believe me,Your level of passion would determine if it outweighs the stress.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Danyl(m): 6:36pm On May 02, 2013
fedico21:
I am also a Biochemistry graduate from a Nigerian university currently studying medicine(MD) in a Canadian offshore medical school situated in Dominica, Caribbean Islands. I will not advice Ukraine as their graduates are consistently proving incompetent in handling medical practice in Nigeria, including their recent inability to perform well in the local MDCN local licensing exams. If you have a few more dollars (up to 9000usd), i will advice you enroll in an American/Canadian offshore medical school. They also consider students for scholarship but u have to write to the schools personally during your application. Direct entry in Nigeria ia another option for you. lets i forget, admission here is 3rice, Ukraine/Romania is once per year. for more information, visit www.allsaintsuniversity.org
pls are u currently studying @allsaintsuniversity? If yes, pls how can u rate them i heard they offer admissions easily to foreigners provided u av all d necessary documents.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 02, 2013
Danyl: pls are u currently studying @allsaintsuniversity? If yes, pls how can u rate them i heard they offer admissions easily to foreigners provided u av all d necessary documents.

I don't seem to understand your question. All schools offer admission to prospective students if they provide the necessary documents.In d case of ASUM, its a foreign/International Canadian offshore medical school. Yes, i study at All saints University of medicine.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 8:45am On May 05, 2013
Hello doc...my dream is health care consultancy...pls whice is more relevant msc health economics or MPH specializing in health economics
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by DollyParton1(f): 8:58pm On May 07, 2013
sparkle2k3: [color=#000099][/color]
Hi, stumbled on this thread late I guess..and too lazy to go through it all to check out what the gist has been about.
But I'll like to ask what anyone knows about going to Canada for Masters in Medical courses and possibly residency.
Does Canada also require USMLE or have their own licensing exam?
Are GRE and TOEFL a must for all schools?

Canada has its own licensing exam..
Check out this website: http://www.mcc.ca/en/exams/
From what I've heard from my Canadian friends, seem its a stiff competition to get into the system..but I've seen couple of people that got in, mostly canadians. And I heard the exam is crazy, as in its more difficult than USMLE...
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ositex: 6:52am On May 08, 2013
Hi lovely fellow colleagues. Happy to join you on this nice group. I am a cuban trained medical doctor currently practicing in Nigeria. Want to say a big welldone to all that have been offering quality info and assistance to others. God bless you all.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by bukahands(m): 7:54am On May 08, 2013
ositex: Hi lovely fellow colleagues. Happy to join you on this nice group. I am a cuban trained medical doctor currently practicing in Nigeria. Want to say a big welldone to all that have been offering quality info and assistance to others. God bless you all.

Welcome which school in cuba did u go to ?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Danyl(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2013
fedico21:
I don't seem to understand your question. All schools offer admission to prospective students if they provide the necessary documents.In d case of ASUM, its a foreign/International Canadian offshore medical school. Yes, i study at All saints University of medicine.
i mean in terms of their global standard.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by kitlady02(f): 8:13pm On May 09, 2013
hello,

i just go admission @ windsor university school of medicine st kitt for september..

please i need help with the whole visa procedure and i have alot of questions.

so please if you are a student or you are in my shoes and you know what to do.

please pm me or you can help me out here... thank you
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by bukahands(m): 9:58pm On May 09, 2013
kitlady02: hello,

i just go admission @ windsor university school of medicine st kitt for september..

please i need help with the whole visa procedure and i have alot of questions.

so please if you are a student or you are in my shoes and you know what to do.

please pm me or you can help me out here... thank you

i also got admitted to windsor sept 13. am currently processing my visa papers.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by kitlady02(f): 7:19am On May 10, 2013
bukahands:

i also got admitted to windsor sept 13. am currently processing my visa papers.

which stage are you now? have you sent out your application and the checklist?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by trendphemmy(m): 7:34am On May 10, 2013
Pls am looking for where to do my housemanship. Pls what is d pay bracket in ur area
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by bukahands(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2013
kitlady02:

which stage are you now? have you sent out your application and the checklist?

No I haven't sent out my visa application, am waiting to notarize some documents, by next week I shud have sent it out. I replied ur PM we shud discuss via email
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Lobolintin(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2013
xup doc,need a real doc for advice
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by missava(f): 12:18pm On May 30, 2013
Easygoing Female Medical student here! Anyonez welcome t add up... Bbm pin 25D06C50.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by igboboy3(m): 10:43pm On May 30, 2013
Hello people,
Is it better to pursue a Masters degree before or after residency. I'm thinking of doing my Masters in HealthCare administration after my internship but am afraid it will derail my plans of becoming a Consultant. Does anyone know of anybody who has combined Consultancy with post grad academics? (Masters, Phd). I'm looking for a medical elder to be my mentor
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by behkadame: 6:27am On Jun 01, 2013
Hello Learned Colleagues,
I'm a young lady,graduating from Medical School in a federal university in a few months and have a few issues bothering me.

Firstly,I'm worried about my Internship posting;It seems that one has to know someone in high places especially for someone like me who would like to go somewhere else apart from the centre where I trained.I have been only able to survive medical sch By His Grace and not because I know anyone.So I would like to use this medium to appeal to anyone who has information on internship entry exams or knows anybody too who could help.

Another issue is that of further Academic pursuit.I'm contemplating bagging a Master's degree in Public/Community health outside the country(most likely the UK) and wouldn't mind suggestions on good choices and what it would entail,both financially and non-financially.

Thanks for taking time to read my lengthy post.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.