Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (335810 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
rugged7:

ANSWERS
Guy, u don't have parallax. I said 12,000£. It is not a typo error

1.We are talking from level of Junior doctors. But note that laws are fluid and could affect this at some point eg Junior doctors contarct will change from april 2016. Either way, its still a better option than naija
2.Advise that u complete minimum of house job and youth service
3. ielts plab 1 and 2 minimum requirements. extensive/international/u.k Experience boosts marketability
4. As per tax issues; lol there are ways around the thing which i can't reveal online. Ur locum people go handle am 4 u. Even if u dont like work and u decided to work 2 weeks in a month only. U could still earn baseline £2800-£4000
5. Depends on where u live. in london more expensive. As u head towards scotland/wales maybe cheaper. Lets assume u make only 2k a month. Even if u spend 1k a month on utilities and rent. u can still save £1k= naira350,000/month
6.guy u work however u feel comfortable. there is flexibility
7. Become a consultant and u'll find out. fewer hours, more money
8.Some specialties are more difficult than others to get in. But indians and pakis are getting in because they collaborate among themselves. the consultants help out the juniors. The Nigerians will stab u in the back or hide information. the nigerian consultant don't even want to be associated with u. Personally, i think itz an inferiority complex angry
Also try and join MANSAG or some association. may be helpful
All said and done, you can do whatever u want to do. ur mind is ur only limitation
A couple friends got neurosurgery
9.There are always openings. U.K Laws change anytime. Difficult to predict.
10.USMLE residency is more certain. IF u can pass 1st time. The more u fail, the harder it becomes. PLAB is faster and possibly easier to pass. If ur a sharp guy, u can round up ielts plab 1 and 2 in 6 months. Start working and raise money for USMLE exams in between
USMLE no be beans. You have to be well prepared b4 u write it.
Of recent, I've seen a lot of ??ABSU-?abia state university doctors both in U.S and U.K and they seem to be doing very well
You hv to make up your own mind what u want. So that when u f-up, u can't blame anyone else. grin grin

My heart broke for nigeria when some consultants i knew left nigeria to write PLAB. Fear catch me sha. They complained of inability to pay school fees of their children, insecurity, poor remuneration, strikes, poor diagnostics etc
My Naija peops
don't stay in Nigeria... MOVE
Especially now that u are young
SA, U.K, U.S.A, Australia,Even western/Eastern europe sef
MOVE!!
NO LIMITS!!
Naija no dey carry last
You can always come back to Nigeria to practice when ur old/retired abroad/ or litigation has damaged ur credit line abroad grin grin grin
marospylankymoore@yahoo.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
Medic98:
@ rugged7: thanks a whole lot for ur reply. I'm very grateful. As per leaving naija, omoh, I don run comot for over 8mnths now. Na ksa I take dey type this thing so. I'm actually able to save up to 350k naira here per month overall, thats why I'm asking these questions to be sure of where next I'm moving to. I want my next movement to be a final one... somewhere I can really settle down for good. I wouldn't want to move to the UK and then begin to plan for the US. So in your opinion, would you say overall and in the long run that the US is better? What other advantages does the US have over the UK than a more certain residency position assuming one passes with a very high score? Thanks in advance...
please can you help me on how to get a job in KSA please
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by rugged7(m): 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
I sent u a mail via nairaland, but i don't know watz gwan with this nairaland mail.

If ur on twitter, DM me @Idi Amin

basingstoke:
Oga thank you sir. please can you kindly reply to my email request. please sir.I am waiting i really need to discuss with you.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by OrthoDude: 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2016
rugged7:

I sent u a mail via nairaland, but i don't know watz gwan with this nairaland mail.

If ur on twitter, DM me @Idi Amin

Hi bro. Your twitter handle is a bit hard to find o! Is there an underscore btwn idi n amin?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by rugged7(m): 12:11am On Apr 14, 2016
OrthoDude:

Hi bro. Your twitter handle is a bit hard to find o! Is there an underscore btwn idi n amin?

Use Idi Amin@buway7
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
Rugged7 I beg na me again. please if you can email me your number, i beg. i am not on twitter i need to speak with you urgently.i have replied to the mail you sent yesterday
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
rugged7:
Artificial skin is saving thousands of lives of burn victims.
Initial patents developed by a Nigerian in 1981

https://www.facebook.com/ScienceNaturePage/videos/771702856295308/

Patents; Wounded Person's Cells Generate Shield of Skin
By Stacy V. Jones
Published: December 12, 1981

A person suffering from burns or open wounds can be treated with a sheet of living skin grown from his or her own epidermal cells. The method was patented this week for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology by a physician and a former graduate student from Nigeria.

Patent 4,304,866 was granted to Dr. Howard Green, a former M.I.T. professor who is now a department chairman at Harvard Medical School, and Olaniyi Kehinde. The process is being tested at a Boston hospital.

The sheet is formed on the surface of a culture vessel in which some of the victim's cells have been grown. It can be detached after application of a special enzyme. The sheet is not rejected by the body, as it might be if created from cells of another person.

Dr. Green has worked on the technique for several years, and has an earlier patent on human skin culture. Pigskin is currently used in treatment of body surface injuries.
Rugged7 I beg na me again. please if you can email me your number, i beg. i am not on twitter i need to speak with you urgently.i have replied to the mail you sent yesterday
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by rugged7(m): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
what is ur email address?

basingstoke:
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
rugged7:
what is ur email address?

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
basingstoke:
Hello sir, please my email is marospylankymoore@yahoo.com, or goshen.goshen@yahoo.com. please sir i really want to discuss with you, please kindly send me ur number
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
rugged7:
Artificial skin is saving thousands of lives of burn victims.
Initial patents developed by a Nigerian in 1981

https://www.facebook.com/ScienceNaturePage/videos/771702856295308/

Patents; Wounded Person's Cells Generate Shield of Skin
By Stacy V. Jones
Published: December 12, 1981

A person suffering from burns or open wounds can be treated with a sheet of living skin grown from his or her own epidermal cells. The method was patented this week for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology by a physician and a former graduate student from Nigeria.

Patent 4,304,866 was granted to Dr. Howard Green, a former M.I.T. professor who is now a department chairman at Harvard Medical School, and Olaniyi Kehinde. The process is being tested at a Boston hospital.

The sheet is formed on the surface of a culture vessel in which some of the victim's cells have been grown. It can be detached after application of a special enzyme. The sheet is not rejected by the body, as it might be if created from cells of another person.

Dr. Green has worked on the technique for several years, and has an earlier patent on human skin culture. Pigskin is currently used in treatment of body surface injuries.
Hello sir, please my email is marospylankymoore@yahoo.com, or goshen.goshen@yahoo.com. please sir i really want to discuss with you, please kindly send me ur number please,
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by rugged7(m): 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
This man sef..

I sent you an email message

U ignored it and said u wanted to speak to another rugged

Wetin u wan make i do?

basingstoke:
Hello sir, please my email is marospylankymoore@yahoo.com, or goshen.goshen@yahoo.com. please sir i really want to discuss with you, please kindly send me ur number please,

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by phantom(m): 2:10am On Apr 17, 2016
wow ......this thread still dey alive shocked grin grin grin cant remember when last i was here.
a lot of water has passed under these past 7years since i started this thread. the salary has improved since then but unfortunately, inflation and the general bad economy have wiped off any gains.

SRs now go home with 500+ but TODAY,that is equivalent to the 350+ in 2009. (refer to my earlier posts)

i didnt get to travel out. i got married and decided to do residency in the country partly because moving with my family was a task i was not willing to undertake( a decision i partly regret not taking).

i am currently in a radiology residency in southern nigeria and hopefully going for part 2 next year.i still think about travelling out BUT my pathway in 2016 would be different from my chosen pathway 7 years ago.
i will most likely be going for the FRCR(royal college of radiologists)postgraduate exams. this is the least path of resisitance for me AT MY CURRENT LEVEL.
the FRCR is in 3 steps and can be completed quite rapidly for a doctor who knows what hes doing.passing steps1 and 2 make you an SR(radiology) in the UK.

so my advice for residents IN NIGERIA who still want to leave,survey the option of writing foreign postgraduate professional exams in your current area of specialization. that may be easier. i hear pathology faculty(national postgrad college)has some arrangements with royal college of pathologists were an SR in pathology in nigeria is exempted from writing step 1 of the royal college of paths exam. Im not sure though.

For the medical students/fresh graduates, my advice is to decide what you want to do ON TIME. never be caught in one place. Always be on the move. you must have a strategy.
make up your mind fast. do you want to leave the country or do you want to stay back. while youre looking to write these foreign exams you must have a job that feeds you and can help you prepare for these exams. ALWAYS REMEMBER..... every decision has its pros and cons....moving to the UK or US does not mean all your problems in life are over. carefully weigh every decision(with prayer o!!).
I know our country is F.ucked(pardon the expression....couldnt find something MORE APT) BUT IT IS NOT ALL GLOOM AND DOOM..
i make up to 60% of my salary moonlighting in my current city of residence. i have friends who are SRs in anaesthesiology and are fully booked every weekend in town for surgeries netting about 35grand per surgery.these boys do not do less than 10surgeries in a month. Im not sure a doctor would have this kind of freedom in the US or UK(correct me if im wrong though).My guys(SRs) in O&G net about 50-100grand per month on performing C/Ss for GPs in town. my point?? our country is a useless place but that uselessness has created opportunities for youths to move in and provide solutions to problems.

i dont know what the carribean pathway is like these days. when i left school a decade ago, UNN.ABU.UI.IFE AND BENIN graduates were sought after in T&T. graduates of thses schools didnt have to write licensing exams in addition to to the tax free salaries they were to earn.(of course while attempting to nail either PLAB or USMLE).

so just survey all your options very well. cheers! wink wink

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
phantom:
wow ......this thread still dey alive shocked grin grin grin cant remember when last i was here.
a lot of water has passed under these past 7years since i started this thread. the salary has improved since then but unfortunately, inflation and the general bad economy have wiped off any gains.

SRs now go home with 500+ but TODAY,that is equivalent to the 350+ in 2009. (refer to my earlier posts)

i didnt get to travel out. i got married and decided to do residency in the country partly because moving with my family was a task i was not willing to undertake( a decision i partly regret not taking).

i am currently in a radiology residency in southern nigeria and hopefully going for part 2 next year.i still think about travelling out BUT my pathway in 2016 would be different from my chosen pathway 7 years ago.
i will most likely be going for the FRCR(royal college of radiologists)postgraduate exams. this is the least path of resisitance for me AT MY CURRENT LEVEL.
the FRCR is in 3 steps and can be completed quite rapidly for a doctor who knows what hes doing.passing steps1 and 2 make you an SR(radiology) in the UK.

so my advice for residents IN NIGERIA who still want to leave,survey the option of writing foreign postgraduate professional exams in your current area of specialization. that may be easier. i hear pathology faculty(national postgrad college)has some arrangements with royal college of pathologists were an SR in pathology in nigeria is exempted from writing step 1 of the royal college of paths exam. Im not sure though.

For the medical students/fresh graduates, my advice is to decide what you want to do ON TIME. never be caught in one place. Always be on the move. you must have a strategy.
make up your mind fast. do you want to leave the country or do you want to stay back. while youre looking to write these foreign exams you must have a job that feeds you and can help you prepare for these exams. ALWAYS REMEMBER..... every decision has its pros and cons....moving to the UK or US does not mean all your problems in life are over. carefully weigh every decision(with prayer o!!).
I know our country is F.ucked(pardon the expression....couldnt find something MORE APT) BUT IT IS NOT ALL GLOOM AND DOOM..
i make up to 60% of my salary moonlighting in my current city of residence. i have friends who are SRs in anaesthesiology and are fully booked every weekend in town for surgeries netting about 35grand per surgery.these boys do not do less than 10surgeries in a month. Im not sure a doctor would have this kind of freedom in the US or UK(correct me if im wrong though).My guys(SRs) in O&G net about 50-100grand per month on performing C/Ss for GPs in town. my point?? our country is a useless place but that uselessness has created opportunities for youths to move in and provide solutions to problems.

i dont know what the carribean pathway is like these days. when i left school a decade ago, UNN.ABU.UI.IFE AND BENIN graduates were sought after in T&T. graduates of thses schools didnt have to write licensing exams in addition to to the tax free salaries they were to earn.(of course while attempting to nail either PLAB or USMLE).

Sir, you have done well for yourself. Thanks for creating the thread. please do you know how i can get a job in saudi/qatar/dubai etc.thanks in advance.
I know about T/T, they are chasing doctors away. they chased my friends away

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by leo1234(m): 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
phantom:

To get residency in Nigeria is something else!
My primaries will expire next year.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ASAbraham(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hi
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Waliyllahi(m): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2016
@ phantom sir, u av done well creatin d thread, more power to ur elbow. Now, d dilemma of a final year med student: to stay or travel out, still very indecisive atm. My choice of specialty (not made up my mind abt this yet too) I believe will affect my decision anyway. I get fascinated by many specialties wen Im rotatin thru them makin it difficult to select a precise one for now, though I have completely ruled out some. I pray God shld jst guide my decisions.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Damotino: 9:00am On Apr 20, 2016
Hello, Good morning all, I'm new here... great jobs y'all are doing here... Pls I need info on Canada or Australia route biko smiley
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by phantom(m): 9:55am On Apr 20, 2016
Waliyllahi:
@ phantom sir, u av done well creatin d thread, more power to ur elbow. Now, d dilemma of a final year med student: to stay or travel out, still very indecisive atm. My choice of specialty (not made up my mind abt this yet too) I believe will affect my decision anyway. I get fascinated by many specialties wen Im rotatin thru them makin it difficult to select a precise one for now, though I have completely ruled out some. I pray God shld jst guide my decisions.
Try and make a decision and fast. Weigh all options.
study hard and nail the professional exams(very well o!). competition is high especially in the US where doctors from other countries(particularly those indians wey i no know whether dem carry magnet for head) are also trying to get into the system.
I have a friend who smashed the USMLE(chick is very brilliant!Queens college to university of ibadan) and had 3 offers from different centers. She had to choose one.

Bottomline is study hard! Also know that certain specialties are difficult to get in the US......as a Nigerian,prepare to settle for internal medicine,family med or paediatrics.
I dont know what the UK situation is these days.

Make up your mind fast! consultants in Nigeria, employed primarily by the ministry of health(FMCs) start from 600k.Professors,800-1mill Doctors in the University system(employed primarily by the ministry of education),that lecture AND provide clinical services in the teaching hospitals earn a little less than their counterparts who work only in the hospital.

In the US you are looking at 150-500 grand PER ANNUM,depending on specialty. Great pay but you must also remember your taxes and malpractice issues.
so both options have their pros and cons. Make up your mind! cheers.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by reflx(m): 10:10am On Apr 20, 2016
hello Docs!
who can really tell me the financial breakdown for Uk exams

visa application : N60,000

IELTS: N52,000

plab 1: N95,000 (230 bpd)

Plab 2 :N350,000 (840 bpd)

travel costs : N 250,000

revision course: N180,000

MISC : 200,000

accomodation: VARIABLE.

ESTIMATED TOTAL = APPROXIMATELY 1.2 million Naira!

please guys help me verify as i am about to begin this journey...
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by reflx(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2016
what about USMLE Pathway fees too? help anyone!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Waliyllahi(m): 10:38am On Apr 20, 2016
phantom:

study hard and nail the professional exams(very well o!). competition is high especially in the US where doctors from other countries(particularly those indians wey i no know whether dem carry magnet for head) are also trying to get into the system.
I have a friend who smashed the USMLE(chick is very brilliant!Queens college to university of ibadan) and had 3 offers from different centers. She had to choose one.

Bottomline is study hard! Also know that certain specialties are difficult to get in the US......as a Nigerian,prepare to settle for internal medicine,family med or paediatrics.

Make up your mind fast! consultants in Nigeria, employed primarily by the ministry of health(FMCs) start from 600k.Professors,800-1mill Doctors in the University system(employed primarily by the ministry of education),that lecture AND provide clinical services in the teaching hospitals earn a little less than their counterparts who work only in the hospital.

In the US you are looking at 150-500 grand PER ANNUM,depending on specialty. Great pay but you must also remember your taxes and malpractice issues.
so both options have their pros and cons. Make up your mind! cheers.
Thanks sooo much sir. I will heed ur advice. I think stayin bak in naija isnt too bad anyway wt d analysis. So much factors to consider. will further keep in touch.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by RedCapChief(m): 9:05am On Apr 21, 2016
phantom:
@phantom, thank you so much for coming back to this thread after all this time and dropping tips. Good to know for things are looking up. Like you have said, it is important to know what you want to do and start on time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famohold(m): 5:38am On Apr 25, 2016
Pls, what are the options for dental surgeons willing to work in us ,middle east or uk
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famohold(m): 5:39am On Apr 25, 2016
[quote author=phantom post=44868605]

so both options have their pros
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famohold(m): 5:47am On Apr 25, 2016
[quote author=rugged7 post=42252155]i'm really sorry to hear about the harsh economic situation for doctors in a country i once loved so dearly.
I am deeply annoyed about how medical personnel are treated in that country.
Unfortunately i can't see anything improving in the near future.
Infact, a couple of medical friends who worked in the oil industry with appreciable pay checks are being disengaged and sacked from oil companies now.
That economy is in free fall, and unfortunately your president is playing tic tac toe with the well being of itz citizens.

I have a friend in Osun state government employ who had the foresight to exit to UK about when those troubles started .
I don't know if the visa methodology has greatly changed of recent.
BUT, i don't see a reason why you can't get your father to sponsor you for PLAB or Clinical attachment visas.
You lucky say u even get person wey ready to help u. If u see how we rugged am that time eh cry...Soaked garri was our best friend grin
People like us had NOBODY.

Like i said, it is extremely difficult for the UKBA to turn down these kinds of request unless there is something gravely wrong.
Include your letter from GMC for the exams with the date. Explain that you are going early to be able to acclimatize and prep for the exams
As far as i know 3 mnths payslip usually is sufficient, but oyibo dey craze, so it is safer to use 6 months payslip.
They won't ask u why ur father is sponsoring u; even if they ask, if u tell them the truth that sun state medical workers are on temporary industrial action; i don't see a problem. They will know anyway because other doctors have probably gone through the same route.

I can't comment whether it is standard of Business category so i will refer u to the UKBA website. or call them and ask.
...Scratch that:
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business-related activities, eg:
you’re a doctor or dentist and are coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post
you want to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)

When u reach...ur fellow Nigerians will betray u.
Be circumspect
Good luck bros.
Never
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Boscojugunu(m): 9:20pm On May 01, 2016
would realy love to be a surgeon (anyfield). i just need an insight on how to make the dream possible outside of the country.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by olasmith10(m): 5:27pm On May 06, 2016
BASIC AND ADVANCED ULTRASOUND TRAINING
OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND;Training-for-ultrasound-technician

TRANSABDOMINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
TRANSVAGINAL OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND
3D/4D OBSTETRICS ULTRASOUND

GYNAECOLOGY ULTRASOUND;

TRANSABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND
TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND
SONOHYSTEROGRAPHY ULTRASOUND

ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND;

UROLOGICAL(KIDNEY AND PROSTATE) ULTRASOUND
GASTROINTESTINAL ULTRASOUND
TRANSRECTAL ULTRASOUND
HEPATOBILIARY(LIVER AND BILIARY TRACT) ULTRASOUND

SMALL PARTS ULTRASOUND;

BREAST ULTRASOUND
TESTICULAR ULTRASOUND
THYROID ULTRASOUND
SALIVARY GLANDS ULTRASOUND
MSK & SOFT TISSUE ULTRASOUND
OCULAR(EYE) ULTRASOUND

Contact us today
Mobile No: 08074661723, 08168529179, 09032387828
http://devinediagnostics.com
email: info@devinediagostics.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Leopantro: 12:13am On May 10, 2016
the following books and materials are available for those interested in IELTS, PLAB and USMLE.
for a FREE DVD, call or send a text message in the following format to 08064955202

NAME
ADDRESS
MATERIAL(S) INTERESTED IN:

kindly allow 3 - 5 days for delivery via NIPOST.

please note that the DVD is free but most of the materials are not

INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTING SYSTEM ( IELTS)

1. ACADEMIC IELTS ENGLISH HELP BOOKS
2. ACADEMIC IELTS ENGLISH HELP KEY STRATEGIES – VIDEO
3. ACADEMIC IELTS ENGLISH HELP LISTENING SECTION – AUDIO
4. ACADEMIC IELTS ENGLISH HELP LISTENING SECTION – VIDEO
5. ACADEMIC IELTS ENGLISH HELP READING SECTION – VIDEO
6. ACADEMIC IELTS ENGLISH HELP SPEAKING SECTION – VIDEO
7. ACADEMIC IELTS ENGLISH HELP WRITING TASK- VIDEO
8. AUDIO BOOKS
9. CAMBRIDGE OFFICIAL IELTS – AUDIO
10. FOCUS ON IELTS
11. HOW TO MASTER THE IELTS
12. IELTS MASTERCLASS
13. IELTS PRACTISE EXAMS
14. IELTS TRAINER
15. IELTS WRITING
16. KAPLAN IELTS
17. LANGUAGE PRACTISE
18. LANGUAGE PRACTISE TEST
19. MODEL WRITING ANSWERS
20. VOCABULARY FOR IELTS
21. WRITING PROFICIENCY

PROFESSIONAL AND LINGUISTIC ASSESSMENT BOARD ( PLAB 1 & 2 )

1. 2013 Mocks
2. June 2014 Mocks
3. March 2014 Mocks
4. November 2014 Mock
5. September 2104 Mock
6. Nov 2013 PLAB 2 Stations
7. 100 cases in General Practice
8. 1000 mcqs for Davison
9. Anatomy and Epidemiology mix 2014
10. Atlas of Clinical Diagnosis
11. Bailey & Love Short Practice of Surgery - 26th Edition
12. Clinical Cases in Tropical Medicine
13. color atlas of family medicine
14. CVS QUESTIONS
15. Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine 21st Ed
16. ENT,EYE, DERMA mock
17. EYE mock
18. GYnae n obs mock
19. Gynaecology by Ten Teachers, 19th Edition
20. Hutchisons Clinical Methods 23rd Edition
21. Macleod's Clinical Diagnosis
22. March 13 2014 recalls
23. MOCKS INFECTIOUS 2014
24. Nephrology mocks sep2014
25. Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Review Pearls of Wisdom 4th Edition
26. Onexamination Solved full site
27. ORTHO MOCKS 2014
28. OSCES Mock Marking Scheme
29. Oxford Assess and Progress Clinical Medicine 2nd Ed
30. Oxford Assess and Progress Clinical Specialities 2nd Ed
31. Oxford Handbook of Clinical Examination
32. Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, 9th Edition
33. passmedicine internal medicine
34. Passmedicine Obstet and Gyna 2014
35. Pediatrics PreTest Self-Assessment and Review (13th Ed.)
36. Pharmacology PreTest Self-Assessment and Review (14th Ed.)
37. Physical Diagnosis PreTest Self Assessment and Review (7th Ed.)
38. Plab 2
39. Podrids Real-World ECGs Volume 2, Myocardial Abnormalities
40. Rheumato n toxi 2014
41. Samson mock 2014
42. Samson note 2014
43. sep 2014 mocks1
44. sep2014 mocsk2
45. SURGERY MOCKS 2014
46. Swamy and Samson teaching videos for Plab 2
47. tips for plabers from doctors who attempts plab1 successfully

UNITED STATES MEDICAL LICENSING EXAMINATION

USMLE STEP 1

First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2014
USMLE Step 1 Anatomy
USMLE Step 1 Biochemistry and Medical Genetics
USMLE Step 1 Behavioral Science Lecture Notes
USMLE Step 1 Immunology and Microbiology Lecture Notes
USMLE Step 1 Physiology Lecture Notes
USMLE Step 1 Pathology Lecture Notes
USMLE Step 1 Pharmacology Lecture Notes
Step-Up to USMLE Step 1 2015 Edition
USMLE step 1 complete mnemonic
USMLE™ Step 1 Pathology Lecture Notes
USMLE flash cards for step 1 & 2

USMLE STEP 2

Kaplan USMLE Step 2 CK Pediatrics Lecture Notes, (2014)
Kaplan USMLE Step 2 CK Psychiatry, Epidemiology, & Ethics Lecture Notes, (2014)
Kaplan USMLE Step 2 CK Surgery Lecture Notes, (2014)
Step Up to USMLE Step 2 Step Up Series
Boards & Wards for USMLE Steps 2 & 3 (Boards and Wards Series) 5th Edition
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK 8Ed
First Aid for the USMLE step 2 CK
First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS Clinical Skill 5th Ed
Kaplan LN's 2CK Internal Medicine 2013
USMLE Step 2 CK Internal Medicine
USMLE Step 2 CK Obstetrics & Gynecology
USMLE Step 2 CK Pediatrics
USMLE Step 2 CK Psychiatry, Epidemiology, & Ethics
USMLE Step 2 CK Surgery
Master The Boards USMLE Step 2 CK, 2nd Edition
Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (3rd Edition)

USMLE STEP 3

Internal Medicine CCS for the USMLE Step 3
Brocherts Crush Step 3 - The Ultimate USMLE Step 3 Review, 4th Edition
Kaplan Medical USMLE Master the Boards Step 3
Master The Boards USMLE Step 3, 3rd Edition
Master the boards usmle step 3

Kaplan videos done in 2015
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by jinglebell15: 10:32pm On May 10, 2016
ANyone writing family medicine primaries in october? need the recent wacp update
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Feanah(f): 4:24am On May 16, 2016
I'm a semifinalist medical student(almost a final year student,writing my exams),but I have almost lost all interest in being a doctor.I'll like to ask a few questions - 
1.how lucrative is MBA for doctors and can I get to work with hospital administration;if yes,how good is the pay?
2.Is it easy getting a job from other sectors eg banking?
3.I'll have to write the MDCN exam,can I do it after my postgraduate study or there's a time limit for it?
4.If by any chance,I want to go back to practising,how easy will it be?will I've to write the exam again or follow some hard protocols?
5.I'll also like some school recommendations (very good schools) for the MBA (The cheaper,the better),Do I need some work experience like internship/something?
Please I'll also like some lucrative courses recommendations that are not clinical apart from the MBA
Thank you very much
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by nnanyel: 6:49am On May 16, 2016
Hello I am Ugo Anekwe,medical officer down in Taraba.
Thinking about relocating and wish to write usmle step 1 soon.
please anyone with information about how to start will be helpful.....as you all know it's expensive so no room for gambling....
numbers,emails, and comments.....please help.....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.