Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State (6868 Views)

5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About The Efik People / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by Dakkada: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
Dakkada

Think Akwa Ibom State & its people is all about masquerades and festivals? Wrong! This fascinating state is so much more than that. The following tidbits and facts about Akwa Ibom’s history, people, and places might raise your eyebrows and make you reconsider what you thought you knew about this great state.

Did You Know:

1. Akwa Ibom state lies between latitudes 40321 and 5o331 north, and longitudes 7o251 and 8o251 east of the south-east region of Nigeria.

2. Whereas Akwa Ibom is credited with a resident population of about 5 million, it is also reputed to have about 10 million persons indigenous to it in the Diaspora.

3. The weather condition in Akwa Ibom is favourable to the cultivation and extraction of agricultural and forest products such as palm produce, rubber, cocoa, rice, cassava, yam, plantain, banana, maize, and timber.

4. Akwa Ibom state is one of the top three producers of crude oil in Nigeria.

5. Apart from crude oil, Akwa Ibom is blessed with other natural resources such as limestone, clay, natural gas, salt, coal, giver nitrate, and glass sand.

6. The Qua Iboe river which Akwa Ibom state is named after originates from the Umuahia Hills in Abia State and travels for about 150 km before it flows N-S and then empties into the Atlantic Ocean through Eket, Ibeno LGA of Akwa Ibom State.

7. Qua Iboe was also the site of Qua Iboe Mission, the third Protestant Church to arrive Nigeria in 1887.

8. When it was formed, Akwa Ibom state had just ten Local Government Areas (LGAs), but the number has since risen to thirty-one.

9. All the inhabitants of the state understand the Ibibio language of which there are many dialects.

10. Akwa Ibom state government offers assistance in the establishment of factory sheds for rentals, assisting in securing plant, office and residential accommodation for prospective investors, making it one of the most conducive states for the smooth operation of business activities.

Akwa Ibom is blessed with a rich history, lots of natural resources and a government that has put together a structure to help investors and entrepreneurs, both indigenes and those who plan to invest in the state. So if you’ve got dreams and ideas, don’t just sit there, get up and head to Akwa Ibom state, it’s truly the land of promise!

Source: http://akwaibomdakkada.com/ten-things-you-didnt-know-about-akwa-ibom-state/

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by Aminat508(f): 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by coolhumble(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
Wow, nice to.know this about akwa as i fondly call it to mock my wife
Re: Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by scholes0(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Re: Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by tpiander: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
Whereas Akwa Ibom is credited with a resident population of about 5 million, it is also reputed to have about 10 million persons indigenous to it in the Diaspora.

verifiable?
Re: Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by Dakkada: 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
tpiander:

verifiable?

Yes it is
Re: Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by abisola192(f): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2015
U forgot to mention that they also specialize in eating person animal
Re: Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by tpiar: 1:21am On Dec 13, 2015
Re: Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by Vectormike(m): 7:39am On Jul 02, 2017
abisola192:

Just as some persons eat snake
Just as some persons eat pork
Some persons eat Dog too and not everyone.

I'm from Akwaibom, and I don't eat Dog.

Stop creating a stereotype..

It's people like you that wants Nigeria to divide.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State by Oluwainnie(f): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Specialize yu say I carry my left bum for yu
abisola192:

(1) (Reply)

I Came Across This Picture On Twitter And It's Trending... / Are Somali/Ethiopian People Taking Over Modeling? / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.