Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling (43058 Views)

Saraki's Appeals Against CCT Trial Delayed / Saraki Appeals CCT Ruling, Seeks To Stall Trial Today / PDP Expels Napoleon Adamu For Accepting Tribunal Ruling In Favour Of Mama Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by DickDastardly(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
The Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, has filed an appeal challenging the ruling of the Code of Conduct Tribunal which ordered the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase, to arrest and produce him before the tribunal on Monday, September 21.
In his ground of appeal, Senator Saraki through his counsel, Joseph Daudu, submitted that the tribunal erred in law and also acted without jurisdiction‎ by assuming jurisdiction over the criminal trial of the appellant at the Code of Conduct Tribunal for a charge which is being challenged at the Federal High Court.

Senator Saraki, in his appeal, stated that as at the time the tribunal overruled the appellant’s application to discharge the order for bench warrant for his arrest by the respondent, there was an order of the Federal High Court which was served on the tribunal.

He further submitted that the appellant filed an application‎ dated September 17, challenging the jurisdiction of the tribunal to adjudicate on the charge brought before it.

The Senate President also submitted that it was trite that when an accused files an application challenging the jurisdiction of a court/tribunal to adjudicate on a charge brought before it, the accused need not be in court.

The appellant therefore asked the Court of Appeal to set aside the order of the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

The Code of Conduct Tribunal had earlier ordered the arrest of the Senate President for failing to appear before the Tribunal to answer charges of alleged false declaration while he served as Governor of Kwara State between 2003 and 2007.

Delivering a ruling on the suit filed by the Code of Conduct Bureau, Chairman of the Tribunal, Justice Danladi Umar ordered the Inspector-General of Police to produce the Senate President on Monday, September 21, which is the next adjourned date.

The Tribunal held that no court of coordinate jurisdiction can restrain the Tribunal from performing its constitutional duties.

source: http://www.channelstv.com/2015/09/18/saraki-appeals-code-of-conduct-tribunal-ruling/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by DickDastardly(m): 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lalasticlala, the scale has tilted again to the other side. Oya carry the dish go dining table make my oga dem chop wink

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Bevista: 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
The looser has only filed an appeal which will not be heard till Monday. In the meantime, the IG should just obey the subsisting court order and get this criminal arrested already. He must spend the weekend behind bars.

This is one of the major problems with these nefarious criminals... using looted funds to hire expensive SANs to abuse court processes.

Just remember, even judges are now responding to the now famous Body Language. The New Nigeria has no place for you and your ilk.

174 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by wasco24: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Reekadict04: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
And Who is this Dump Saraki 's Lawyer?

He should go back to his constitution and read it where it is clearly stated that the CCT and the high court have coordinate jurisdictions. Thus, the high court does not have the power to stop the CCT.

Saraki go and defend yourself. There is no more room for Corrupt people like you in Nigeria

You called the vice president 'A mere Commissioner', betrayed the President, your party and a whole Jagaban & you want to go Scott free? I hope you'd answer that when you go from Senate President to Prison President.

I rest my case grin

209 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Burger01(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
Saraki, fighting a lost battle.undecided

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Mogidi: 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
In his ground of appeal, Senator Saraki through his counsel, Joseph Daudu, submitted that the tribunal erred in law and also acted without jurisdiction‎ by assuming jurisdiction over the criminal trial of the appellant at the Code of Conduct Tribunal for a charge which is being challenged at the Federal High Court.

Senator Saraki, in his appeal, stated that as at the time the tribunal overruled the appellant’s application to discharge the order for bench warrant for his arrest by the respondent, there was an order of the Federal High Court which was served on the tribunal.

The same govt fighting Saraki for corruption intends sending corruption personified Amaechi to Saraki's senate for clearance to be "noise maker".
This illegality won't be allowed to stand, Nigeria is not a banana republic yet.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
grin grin saraki nothing do you cool cool

Quote me anywhere.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by lonelydora: 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
I will comment later. Drinking beer at the moment.

Edited: after 6 bottles of Star beer and Fish pepper soup, all I can say is.......

Saraki, how market? Saraki read 48 laws of power and get back to me.

***whistling "reggae bluez" by Harry Songz****

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Dottore: 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hmm
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Ayoswit(f): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
Dis govt and their war against corruption. Abeg when will this govt treat d issue of unemployment? because na dat one concern me.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by aare07(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
Saraki
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by DiegoNakel(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
H
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by damton(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
These good times for the lawyers involved in the case

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
The battle begins grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by alaoeri: 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
Saraki the headless chicken running helter skelter in search of shelter, one thing is certain you can't defeat FG in FG's court if in doubt ask justice Salami. Saraki is just grasping at straws.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by kahal29: 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
Appeal to where? The content of this news is empty.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by veekid(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
we don knw

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by TOMTOM15(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
eyah. i only see a prisoner begging sad

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Demmzy15(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
Saraki thunder fire you o, I pray you rot in jail. Kwarans are angry! angry

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by otubujohn(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
so the code of conduct tribunal has deliberately forgotten ignored the order of the federal high court.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by DiegoNakel(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Burger01(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
bigFOOTcaveMAN:
grin grin saraki nothing do you cool cool

Quote me anywhere.
Plenty do am well well. He is fighting a lost battle.smiley

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by jamalsky: 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
I don't understand why Dr Saraki is making issues out of this very simple matter,a case has been put against him,he should go and answer ,he has a constitutional right to defend himself,so why running away or trying to make it seem that he has something to hide??he heads the senate & they summon people who answer to defend themselves as regards issues put against them,so why all the fuss from his side??The Code of conduct tribunal is a constitutional body which is carrying out it's constitutional function so he should spare us all his stories of political witch hunt ,go and defend the allegations Mr Saraki,he has not even refuted or given material facts in his press releases.
See you at the tribunal Mr Senate President Sir.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by sonnie10: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
See levels. Next move should be to start an impeachment proceedings against Buhari on monday way before hearing at the appeal court.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
We dey watch o where this season film go end

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
Saraki is a very good fighter!!! Nothing do you Oga

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by dammytosh: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
Yemi Osinbajo 'The mere Commisioner' is a Professor of Law.

How Saraki will escape will beat my imagination.

I don't believe in any Political Justice.

If you are accused of being a thief, step forward and say "I am not a thief" with proves.

I really pity him.

The only difference in a 'WITCH HUNT' is that you will lose the protection you had. Not that they will change the C Of O name to yours to lie that you own those things.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by jazinogold(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
saraki go jump m pass!

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by zicoraads: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
Now this is becoming funny cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by northvietnam(m): 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
tinubu at work again and this is pay back time. declare asset Don Bleep my manchie up.
still wathing in 12D

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg / Nnamdi Kanu: Nnia Nwodo Will Lose His Position. Sultan Has 23 Oil Wells / I’ll Go All Ways To Get Back My Mandate – Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.