Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,154 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State (7282 Views)

Atiku's Ex-Classmate Now Works In His Factory (photo) / If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? / Gov Amaechi Like Taking Risk...(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by chiomy4u: 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2009
Since Governor Amaechi came into power in 2007, there has been alot of changes, delapidated roads are being reconstructed, new roads are being build, dualization of roads, electrification of rural area's and lots more,
We tank God for givin us a governor like these man and we pray God protects and keeps him to do more good things in Rivers State

1 Share

Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by DisGuy: 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2009
show us pictures of the road and the environment/infrastructures not pictures of the man himself!!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by chiomy4u: 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2009
more pics

1 Share

Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by chiomy4u: 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2009
more pics. Executive Governor rides on a local boat on the creek

1 Share

Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by RichyBlacK(m): 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2009
Kudos!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by chiomy4u: 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2009
new rivers master plan to gulp N50billion

1 Share

Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2009
Dis Guy:

show us pictures of the road and the environment/infrastructures not pictures of the man himself!!

are you happy now? grin there is an aggressive development presently going on now in port harcourt. you need to see for your self. fmr gov. peter odili just wasted 8 yrs without doing anything tangeble in rivers state. instead he bled the state to the tune of 1.2 trillion naira and retaired to abuja and surrounded himself with court injuctions and restraining order. angry
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2009
Those health care centers resemble the kind thing yar adua build for him people in Katsina back when he was governor of katsina. Roflmao!!!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by tpia: 12:00am On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by debosky(m): 12:03am On Apr 15, 2009
Amaechi doing great works? Difficult to tell. Given that Rivers state receives almost 5 times the amount other states receive, I'd prefer to measure his performance against income.

'Masterplans' can be easily created by paying some contractor to create some fancy model. The health centres look impressive, but at what cost? Compared to what the state receives in terms of revenue, can this work be said to be 'great'?
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by kaypumpin2(m): 12:54am On Apr 15, 2009
I cringe when i see and read these politicians and their boot-lickers spin and list neccesities and must-haves as achievements and dividends of democracy.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by tpia: 1:01am On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by kaypumpin2(m): 1:15am On Apr 15, 2009
tpia:

A million mile journey begins with a single step.

The overseas skyscrapers and amenities you're admiring, have a headstart almost a hundred years ahead of Nigeria. So if you're going to compare, do it from a proper perspective.

Oyibos themselves dont come to Africa expecting to see the exact same infrastructure they left behind in their countries. But Nigerians want gold paved streets in every village just because they went abroad.

Be realistic. undecided

No one is being unrealistic here,but i do not think a governor that utilizes financial allocation for what it is meant for is worthy of news.He is just doing the service he/she is elected for.

It is bizzare and grotesque how these elected officials are termed messiahs for doing their job.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by tpia: 1:22am On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by bawomolo(m): 1:43am On Apr 15, 2009
The both of you have good arguments. Seems some Nigerians want a quick fix but with the budgets of ND states, their governments could do much more
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by kaypumpin2(m): 2:02am On Apr 15, 2009
bawomolo:

The both of you have good arguments. Seems some Nigerians want a quick fix but with the budgets of ND states, their governments could do much more

Most times,it is not even about quick fix,it is about the normal things.We keep chanting the "Rome wasn't built in a day" mantra,but i am cock sure if Rome had been built with the pace at which governance is done in Nigeria,there will be no Rome today.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Apr 15, 2009
2 years ago, the excuse was “Rome was not built in a day”
2 years later, the same excuse, “Rome was not built in a day”
What is the probability that 2 more years down the line, the excuse would not be “Rome was not built in a day”?
Roflmao!!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 15, 2009
Kobojunkie:

2 years ago, the excuse was “Rome was not built in a day”
2 years later, the same excuse, “Rome was not built in a day”
What is the probability that 2 more years down the line, the excuse would not be “Rome was not built in a day”?
Roflmao!!

Rome was not built in our lifetime. Infact one begins to wonder if Rome was ever built at all.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by sbo(m): 2:36am On Apr 15, 2009
kay_pumpin:

No one is being unrealistic here,but i do not think a governor that utilizes financial allocation for what it is meant for is worthy of news.He is just doing the service he/she is elected for.

It is bizzare and grotesque how these elected officials are termed messiahs for doing their job.

I totally agree with you. And that is the riddicule we have been subjected to in Nigeria due to bad governance. Why should we praising a Governor for filling potholes, providing boreholes etc. Unfortunately, we are now seeing a case where Governors now receive awards for carrying out their statutory responsibilities. It would even have been better of these mundane projects are 'cost-effectively' executed. Can you imagine contracts for boreholes at N1million each!

www...com
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by texazzpete(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2009
Amaechi isn't just fillin gin boreholes, there are massive road constructions and rehabilitation projects in Rivers going on as we speak.

They don't come any more cynical than myself in Nigeria, but i have to admit the guy is doing something.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by debosky(m): 7:50am On Apr 15, 2009
It is a cultural flaw amongst Nigerians.

Whenever the king or ruler did something for the community, being the lord over everyone and everything in his domain, the natural (and right) tendency was to praise the king for his actions for blessing his people with whatever he did, be it a building or a road.

Unfortunately this mentality has been carried over to an era of elected officials who owe their being in power to the people, and are actually only custodians, not owners as kings and traditional rulers were. I find it nauseating as well when the praise singers go nuts simply because someone did something routine and normal.

Yes people should be acknowledged if they do the right (even if expected) things, but simply that - not acclaimed as doing 'great works' or any other unduly superlative praise.

Amaechi might be doing a competent job, but he is expected to - exceptional performance is what should attract outlandish praise.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by MrCrackles(m): 7:59am On Apr 15, 2009
Topic/Poster

All i know is that i cant be fooled (and we all wont be) by mere pictures of brand new buses and white men!

I reserve my other comments! cool
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by IFELEKE(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2009
Another Praise Singer. . .
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by chiomy4u: 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2009
before in rivers state, the state of primary schools were nothing to write home about, but today the case is different. Very soon (before june), the governor will commence on the building project of five ultra modern govt secondry schools in Rivers State, a boarding school with 1000rooms with two students to each room and a toilet and bathroom,

1 Share

Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by microgiant: 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2009
Best Praise singers on earth - Nigerians
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by microgiant: 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2009
Before giving the popular Nigerian politicians  excuse "ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY"

Present day Israel was started after the SECOND WORLD WAR (1945) It will take a miracle for our infrastructure development to catch-up with Israel
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Chioma4u. You know what though, I just find it hard to be impressed with structures such as those, in the year 2009. There is something unsettling about 1950 like structures in the year 2009, in rivers state. I mean, I rate it on the same level I did VIPit toilets in Anambra state. I could not believe my eyes. Double Roflmao!!!! 

I am not saying the man “is not trying” naija style but . . . why don't we wait till he starts going above and beyond call of duty before we start getting his head swelling with all these praises.
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by tpia: 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Macteejay2(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2009
Stop Praising him!!! Why was he elected in the first place?
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic/Poster

All i know is that i cant be fooled (and we all wont be) by mere pictures of brand new buses and white men!

I reserve my other comments! cool

roflmaoq!!!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by IFELEKE(m): 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2009
Nigerian is a country where our leaders steal money and use a microscopic amount of that money to carry out below par white elephant projects making us realise they are doing us a huge favour and  we in turn praise them to high heavens for stealing from us and mercifully giving us little back.
@Poster,
Shame On You!
Re: Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State by CrudeOil2(m): 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2009
Amaechi my foot. He was among the criminals that destroyed the state. He cant do anything meaningful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) / NPC Commences Training Of Functionaries For The 2023 Census / Seun Was Roasted On Twitter For Posting This (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.