Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,444 members, 7,801,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain (42841 Views)

Leave Igbo Out Of Your Travails, APC Tells Ekweremadu / The Meaning Of Apc's Loss In Bayelsa / Saraki’s Travails Not Masterminded By APC – Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
The travails of Senator Bukola Saraki and his faction in APC is a pointer that all is not well with the political structure of APC. There are two power blocs in the APC fighting for the soul of the party. On one side is President Buhari and Bola Tinubu backed, on the other side is the Senator Saraki led Likeminds rebels. Irrespective of where the pendulum swing, the GREATEST beneficiary will be the PDP if it get its act right.

The APC Crises and Travails of Saraki
The emergence of Saraki as the Senate President and Ekweremadu as the Deputy created a crack and bad blood within the ruling the party. Saraki's insistence on 'appointing' his preferred candidates for the Senate's Principal offices instead of the party candidates was a move that set a brick-wall against ANY reconciliation. Then came Saraki's ongoing travails with the Code of Conduct Bureau that is likely to sweep him(which is his business).

APC's Loss
It is no doubt that Bukola Saraki controls the APC political structure of Kwara state. He has the unalloyed loyalty of Governor Fatah Ahmed and other state officials. He also has the loyalty of NASS contingents from Kwara state. Outside Kwara state he enjoys support of his co-APC rebels majorly in the North Central. This advently means that a faction of APC Chieftains loyal to Saraki will be at loggerhead with leadership of the party over the 'treatment' of their comrade. The crack in the APC means a shrink in the party structure. Recall that APC could only win through marginal advantage of less than 3million votes. This crack literally mean that APC structures has weaned especially in Kwara state and other little areas where the rebellious APC legislators and chieftains have influence. I am very optimistic that there's going to be more fall-out among party faithfuls. APC Chieftains may succeed in cutting short Saraki and his co-rebels ambitions but they also have helped in decimating portions of their structure.

PDP Must Be Prepared And Be Careful:
PDP need to manage themselves and must put machinery in place to manage the forthcoming convention of the party. It must not afford to mismanage every pre and post convention events. More importantly the PDP must take advantage of absorbing young people and redefine itself with the knowledge that they will be going into 2019 against a divided ruling APC (hopefully, there will be more cracks in the coming months/years).

APC Internal Problem Isn't Unexpected:
On April 02 (about 24 hours after Buhari was declared winner of the March 28 Presidential election), I did an article Titled Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright. In the said article, I anticipated this crack within the APC though I never knew that it will come 'too soon'. I shall conclude this piece with excerpt from that article.
I am very optimistic that power will change hand in 2019 as the ruling government-elect is nothing but conspiracy by some group of undemocratic political oligarchs that are bent on wrestling power from the outgoing incumbent to further their selfish political and self-economic interests using General Muhammadu Buhari as a front and media propaganda as weapon. When the joy of electoral victory is over and the business of governance set in from May 29, the real intention of the Buhari backers will begin to emerge though the manifestation may take some months or up to a year. The battle to control the machinery of the party(APC) and the government among the political oligarchs will emerge on one hand. On another hand there will be the inevitable confrontation between overbearing party leaders and elected/appointed officials. https://www.nairaland.com/2236507/arise-o-pdp-future-bright

May God Bless PDP
Power To The People!

206 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by SeverusSnape(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
Gbam. Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte.

Let us allow APC wash their stinking linen in public.

By the way, I see Saraki scaling through this hurdle.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by Blakjewelry(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
Well let's see how the game ends. On more serious note the apc is one of crook party I have ever seen that is one of the reasons I do not support buhari. I watch with dismay how apc was ready to bring down Nigeria because they hate gej. When saraki went against the party wish I know trouble is coming.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by ideology(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
If I hear, TonyeBarcanista, lol, listen here, Tinubu is not a fool, He knows what he's doing,

PDP for now doesn't have the mercy of the masses.

Distracting saraki by nailing his wife could not work, removing him on grounds that the procedure was forged could not work, if Tinubu did not plot his graph well, he will not have continued witch hunting him. He knows how to nail others, and he's working on it before 2019, even Godswill Akpabio maybe nailed.

He knows what to do to sway others over, see what is happening to Bayelsa state

Cc
Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxel erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue

7 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
Cc
Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxel erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by bettercreature(m): 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
The fact still remain PDP will never rise again unless they change the name
Beside we are going to control INEC for the next 20years
There will never be a JEGA again

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by obi4eze(m): 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mumu OP

Keep sounding like a broken chord till you follow him to jail.

You no even get shame.

PDP is dead and buried. Take it or leave it.

The likes of Ekweremadu, Mark and co. will abandon Saraki then he will know his true friends. This is not just about dishing out money.

Saraki should have learnt his lesson. Maybe he thinks he is still in PDP or that he can do what he did to his father in Kwara.

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by doublewisdom: 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
Either way, It's a win win for PDP.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
The PDP senators should stand behind Saraki and other APC like mind senators!! They constitute the majority and should stand together!!!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by SeverusSnape(m): 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
obi4eze:
Mumu OP
Keep sounding like a broken chord till you follow him to jail.
You no even get shame.
Go and carry him to jail, Jail jail jail... Is this 1984

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by xpac01(m): 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
We want to start the corruption war from in-house. We are getting to PDP soon. Hope you'll be uphere to post the PDP heavy loss that is very imminent

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
bettercreature:
The fact still remain PDP will never rise again unless they change the name
Beside we are going to control INEC for the next 20years
There will never be a JEGA again

Ode you will first need a 2/3 senate majority to confirm a new INEC chairman

42 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by januzaj(m): 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
The travails of Senator Bukola Saraki and his faction in APC is a pointer that all is not well with the political structure of APC. There are two power blocs in the APC fighting for the soul of the party. On one side is President Buhari and Bola Tinubu backed, on the other side is the Senator Saraki led Likeminds rebels. Irrespective of where the pendulum swing, the GREATEST beneficiary will be the PDP if it get its act right.

The emergence of Saraki as the Senate President and Ekweremadu as the Deputy created a crack and bad blood within the ruling the party. Saraki's insistence on 'appointing' his preferred candidates for the Senate's Principal offices instead of the party candidates was a move that set a brick-wall against ANY reconciliation. Then came Saraki's ongoing travails with the Code of Conduct Bureau that is likely to sweep him(which is his business).

APC's Loss
It is no doubt that Bukola Saraki controls the APC political structure of Kwara state. He has the unalloyed loyalty of Governor Fatah Ahmed and other state officials. He also has the loyalty of NASS contingents from Kwara state. Outside Kwara state he enjoys support of his co-APC rebels majorly in the North Central. This advently means that a faction of APC Chieftains loyal to Saraki will be at loggerhead with leadership of the party over the 'treatment' of their comrade. The crack in the APC means a shrink in the party structure. Recall that APC could only win through marginal advantage of 3million. This crack literally mean that APC structures has weaned especially in Kwara state and other little areas where the rebellious APC legislators and chieftains have influence. I am very optimistic that there's going to be more fall-out among party faithfuls. APC Chieftains may succeed in cutting short Saraki and his co-rebels ambitions but they also have helped in decimating portions of their structure.

PDP need to manage themselves and must put machinery in place to manage the forthcoming convention of the party. It must not afford to mismanage every pre and post convention events. More importantly the PDP must take advantage of absorbing young people and redefine itself with the knowledge that they will be going into 2019 against a divided ruling APC (hopefully, there will be more cracks in the coming months/years).

On April 02 (about 24 hours after Buhari was declared winner of the March 28 Presidential election), I did an article Titled Arise O' PDP, The Future Is Bright. In the said article, I anticipated this crack within the APC though I never knew that it will come 'too soon'. I shall conclude this piece with excerpt from that article.

May God Bless PDP
Power To The People!
[/s]

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by Caseless: 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
Someone feel he has an opinion over everything, and find it easy to always put them out.

May God cure you this optical-illusions of self-imposed importance.

Blithering fatuity!

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by drey076(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
See this commander in chief of wailers, always giving himself hope. Get this fact, PDP can never rule this country again if they still bear dat name

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by StOla: 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc
Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxel erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

As usual, calling on the disciples to help promote your gospel.

Old habits truly die hard.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by warrior01: 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
PDP, the only true Democratic Party. I pray they've learnt their lessons

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by Caseless: 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
Amorphous and watery analysis typical of a hack.

9 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:
The PDP senators should stand behind Saraki and other APC like mind senators!! They constitute the majority and should stand together!!!
Oga mi, actually PDP Senators must distanced themselves from Saraki's issue and remain NEUTRAL. We won't want to send a signal that we are supporting corruption. PDP is in a restructuring phase! Saraki is a baggage.

May the body of Saraki Rest in Jail

27 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by FastShipping: 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
[s][quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=38147858]The travails of Senator Bukola Saraki and his faction in APC is a pointer that all is not well with the political structure of APC. There are two power blocs in the APC fighting for the soul of the party. On one side is President Buhari and Bola Tinubu backed, on the other side is the Senator Saraki led Likeminds rebels. Irrespective of where the pendulum swing, the GREATEST beneficiary will be the PDP if it get its act right.

APC's Loss
It is no doubt that Bukola Saraki controls the APC political structure of Kwara state. He has the unalloyed loyalty of Governor Fatah Ahmed and other state officials. He also has the loyalty of NASS contingents from Kwara state. Outside Kwara state he enjoys support of his co-APC rebels majorly in the North Central. This advently means that a faction of APC Chieftains loyal to Saraki will be at loggerhead with leadership of the party over the 'treatment' of their comrade. The crack in the APC means a shrink in the party structure. Recall that APC could only win through marginal advantage of less than 3million votes. This crack literally mean that APC structures has weaned especially in Kwara state and other little areas where the rebellious APC legislators and chieftains have influence. I am very optimistic that there's going to be more fall-out among party faithfuls. APC Chieftains may succeed in cutting short Saraki and his co-rebels ambitions but they also have helped in decimating portions of their structure.

May God Bless PDP
Power To The People!
[/quote[/s]]

TRASH.

37 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
Why is PDP always Gaining Corruption/corrupt people? Na curse?

Please make una take Saraki, we gladly dash una, abeg make una take along, Dino Melaye! grin

Yeye Regional Party!

42 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by bettercreature(m): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Ode you will first need a 2/3 senate majority to confirm a new INEC chairman
Alfa sule you think we are going to send in somebody who will not do our bidding?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by StOla: 9:19pm On Sep 18, 2015
warrior01:
PDP, the only true Democratic Party. I pray they've learnt their lessons

Very democratic in corruption.

The umbrella that protects all.

We fly to your protection oh umbrella, despise not our theft and our greed.

Saraki has truly learnt his lesson that APC, unlike PDP, is not the refuge for his type of person.
Femi Fani Kayode realised early and ran back to PDP where he got refuge and his court case disappeared in typical PDP efficiency when it is not a public infrastructure or utility that will benefit the masses.

Saraki will end up returning all his family, including his father, have ever stolen.

17 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by Truckpusher(m): 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Caseless:
Someone feel he has an opinion over everything, and find it easy to always put them out.

May God cure you this optical-illusions of self-imposed importance.

Blithering fatuity!
Aren't people suppose to make their opinion known?

I keep wondering how far the military era has destroyed our sense of freedom expression in this country - Why can't you accept or reject a different opinion without having to call for the head of the man with the opinion?
It seems that the feudal system that has been the modus operandi of the oligarchs in the North has completely destroyed your self worth in that region. Honestly.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
doublewisdom:
Either way, It's a win win for PDP.
Gbam!
xpac01:
We want to start the corruption war from in-house. We are getting to PDP soon. Hope you'll be uphere to post the PDP heavy loss that is very imminent
Actually, let's wait till then. For now, the Saraki movie is promising. grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by idu1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
Trash....
Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by rottennaija(m): 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Which pdp senators? Like the minority leader that is running away from the arms and dollar stashed in the govt. house that the DSS raided and tool away? Be the time saraki is dealt with, you will see that the best they will do is to make a press statement with empty threats and then chicken out

7 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by Bevista: 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
The crack in the APC means a shrink in the party structure. Recall that APC could only win through marginal advantage of less than 3million votes.
A ruling party losing with 3 million votes?...even after all the inflated votes from SS/SE.

They controlled so much money and all the institutions of State yet they lost by that margin. If another election is conducted today PDP will loose by more than 10 million votes. That margin will even be bigger come 2019.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
Day dreaming is allowed, for your info, PDP will never rise again. In fact, they will loose more in coming months

8 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by MaziOmenuko: 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
More importantly the PDP must take advantage of absorbing young people

Someone is eyeing a political post.

I laugh in Swahili...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
Truckpusher:
Aren't people suppose to make their opinion known?

I keep wondering how far the military era has destroyed our sense of freedom expression in this country - Why can't you accept or reject a different opinion without having to call for the head of the man with the opinion?
It seems that the feudal system that has been the modus operandi of the oligarchs in the North has completely destroyed your self worth in that region. Honestly.
Bros mi, just leave that guy make him de fool himself abeg.

9 Likes

Re: Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain by SeverusSnape(m): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
Caseless:
Amorphous and watery analysis typical of a hack.

Senseless Caseless grin

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Blasts Oba Adetona Over His Book “Awujale": "You Are Petty And A Liar " / Andy Uba And His APC Cow (Photo) / Governor Okowa Celebrates Neo And Dorathy For “Avoiding Controversy” In BBNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.