Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers (2671 Views)

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Virgins Speedily? / Heavenly Reward Vs Earthly Reward: Hilarious Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by deleib(m): 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
The scripture call the believers sons of God. It also admonishes us to ask and it shall be granted to us. Now why is it that God doesn't grant our prayer 4 a long time unlike our earthly father who does something in his capacity for us at our request?

I've been asking God to help me with a little thing now 4 a long time, He doesn't answer me. It makes me feel bad.

Where's God?

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by okenwa(m): 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
Try working towards getting it, the present can not come directly from Him yet but if you want to get it, work for it and then you will have it.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by Jeromejnr(m): 9:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
And what thing is that? If you would care to share.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by Blakjewelry(m): 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
Maybe he too busy with the politics of heaven

2 Likes

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
god where are you!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by tpiander: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
James 4:3

You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

Matthew 7

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by OgundeleT(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
ifeness:
god where are you!!!
He's in the sky
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by johnydon22(m): 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2015

If someone's father or just any person were to say

"I love you and you must love me too and do everything i say without questioning any of my dictates or i will torture you for the rest of your existence"

We would as a sane human society cry out and point out the fact
"That is not love but rather is sheer abuse"

But apparently and surprisingly this form of abuse is ok to many if its coming from a deity..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by UncleSnr(m): 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
If I request something from my father, he gives me as long as he can afford it. But God!!! Hell no, you must work for it and give him the glory.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 19, 2015
UncleSnr:
If I request something from my father, he gives me as long as he can afford it. But God!!! Hell no, you must work for it and give him the glory.

That exactly how gods work. You work,he takes the glory. clever dude!!

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by johnydon22(m): 12:38am On Sep 19, 2015
UncleSnr:

The concept of God as laid out by religions is very preposterous.

"I know your problems and i can solve them but first you have to beg, yes beg for it, grovel, shout and cry for it, yes yes continue praising and begging me, oh yes pay your tithes and dues and then continue begging me, go on your knees and pour tears, stay under the rain and sun and beg me, yes yes grovel and beg for it. . . ok i will think about it or better still screw you!" grin

That is narcissism ... wonder if earthly fathers behaved like that what we probably would think of them...

of course it should be ok if a deity does it.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 19, 2015
johnydon22:

If someone's father or just any person were to say

"I love you and you must love me too and do everything i say without questioning any of my dictates or i will torture you for the rest of your existence"

We would as a sane human society cry out and point out the fact
"That is not love but rather is sheer abuse"

But apparently and surprisingly this form of abuse is ok to many if its coming from a deity..
an almighty deity. D concept and amadioha concept, I swear I no kno which one mean pass. Ohhh. Its d christian concept. Religion na scam. Dose old men from dat council of nicea abi. Wicked mofos. Dey shud be exhumed from dia graves and buried bak again with voltage transformers (if ders a thing like dat.) No mind me bros na d kind hatred wey dia religion program me wit. I kno say my own small. Compared to dis my watchman room mate here.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 19, 2015
Nw let me tel u d bitter truth. The concept of god is smtms act of consolation. (Its how god wants it.)
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by kodded(m): 7:39am On Sep 19, 2015
ifeness:

undecided

your father left balls

undecided :\
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by kodded(m): 7:40am On Sep 19, 2015
johnydon22:

"I know your problems and i can solve them but first you have to beg, yes beg for it, grovel, shout and cry for it, yes yes continue praising and begging me, oh yes pay your tithes and dues and then continue begging me, go on your knees and pour tears, stay under the rain and sun and beg me, yes yes grovel and beg for it. . . ok i will think about it or better still screw you!" grin

That is narcissism ... wonder if earthly fathers behaved like that what we probably would think of them...

undecided

a clear definition of stupidity
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by bxcode(m): 8:35am On Sep 19, 2015
That's not who God is, it's religion that has succeeded in painting God like that. It's a pity and I don't for once blame anyone who dosent believe in God after hearing all these stuffs about rules and regulation one has to keep or else God strikes you, atheists are bolder than Christians in this aspect because they make more sense than most Christians who dosent even know the true nature of God. If ihadn't known this truth about God, you tell me that i need to worship someone who will strike me anytime i don't live up to his standard, i wouldn't want to do anything with that thing no matter what i will gain from him. But that's not who God is truly, he is not an angry God or a wicked or mean God as 99.99% of most religious doctrines teaches today. How I wish I can have a platform to let share with people on the true nature of God. God is a good God.
Op, there could be thousand and one thing that could be preventing your already answered prayers from manifesting from the spiritual realm to the physical realm. I don't know where to start from but you we can talk if you feel like cost all on me.... just let me know if your mind is free to that effect.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by UncleSnr(m): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2015
johnydon22:

At the end "Screw You". Hahaha! I love my heavenly father, he sabi screw me wella.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by UncleSnr(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2015
bxcode:
That's not who God is, it's religion that has succeeded in painting God like that. It's a pity and I don't for once blame anyone who dosent believe in God after hearing all these stuffs about rules and regulation one has to keep or else God strikes you, atheists are bolder than Christians in this aspect because they make more sense than most Christians who dosent even know the true nature of God. If ihadn't known this truth about God, you tell me that i need to worship someone who will strike me anytime i don't live up to his standard, i wouldn't want to do anything with that thing no matter what i will gain from him. But that's not who God is truly, he is not an angry God or a wicked or mean God as 99.99% of most religious doctrines teaches today. How I wish I can have a platform to let share with people on the true nature of God. God is a good God.
Op, there could be thousand and one thing that could be preventing your already answered prayers from manifesting from the spiritual realm to the physical realm. I don't know where to start from but you we can talk if you feel like cost all on me.... just let me know if your mind is free to that effect.
Go home, you are confused! You don't even understand your deity. Don't paint him to be what he isn't. Holy books spelt it clearly who he is and how he works, don't just try covering his deficiencies.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by UncleSnr(m): 9:46am On Sep 19, 2015
ifeness:

Somebody lied.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by UncleSnr(m): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2015
kodded:

undecided

your father left balls

kodded:

undecided
a clear definition of stupidity
kodded:

undecided

your father left balls

Is the only way to defend your perfect creator who couldn't build an aeroplane, before creating the perfect earth?
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by kodded(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2015
UncleSnr:
Is the only way to defend your perfect creator who couldn't build an aeroplane, before creating the perfect earth?

undecided

like i said earlier

your father left ball

undecided undecided
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by UncleSnr(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2015
kodded:

undecided

like i said earlier

your father left ball
undecided undecided
Yeah... It worked miracles, not like yours which was a waste.

1 Like

Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by kodded(m): 10:24am On Sep 19, 2015
UncleSnr:

undecided

your father left ball
undecided undecided
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by bxcode(m): 10:38am On Sep 19, 2015
UncleSnr:
Go home, you are confused! You don't even understand your deity. Don't paint him to be what he isn't. Holy books spelt it clearly who he is and how he works, don't just try covering his deficiencies.
Lol... do you for once think that man can cover God or defend God? He dosent need me nor anyone to do that. Am not covering up anyone, you are suprised because you probably haven't seen anyone talk about God in such a manner. Am not trying to prove anything to you either because it won't make sense to you. But i know that God is a good God and am sorry but your opinion dosent count, simple. Whether 7billion people dosent believe that or not, i don't give a rip. Now that's awesome. cheesy
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by kevoh(m): 10:49am On Sep 19, 2015
UncleSnr:
Learn to identify and ignore Religion section trolls. They never make any or sustain proper intelligent discourse. It's not worth replying them. Trust me!
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by UncleSnr(m): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2015
bxcode:

Lol... do you for once think that man can cover God or defend God? He dosent need me nor anyone to do that. Am not covering up anyone, you are suprised because you probably haven't seen anyone talk about God in such a manner. Am not trying to prove anything to you either because it won't make sense to you. But i know that God is a good God and am sorry but your opinion dosent count, simple. Whether 7billion people dosent believe that or not, i don't give a rip. Now that's awesome. cheesy
How I wish I read the post you made earlier... Man created god in his own image.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by keenn: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
bxcode:

Nigga, what other platform do u want again, is this not a platform?

What so complex about a prayer being answered, I mean!! If an ominipotent God has answered a prayer, what other protocols are needed again, why should there be a 1001 thing from preventing an answered prayer?

Let me tell u one secret, in medical school, prayers are not included among the option of modalities of treatment. Its so funny that this religious people havnt performed any miracle(proof for answer prayer) on hospital beds.

My brother do what u have to do, for if there's a God, the universe is so big that ourequest is probably irrelevant.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by bxcode(m): 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2015
keenn:

Nigga, what other platform do u want again, is this not a platform?

What so complex about a prayer being answered, I mean!! If an ominipotent God has answered a prayer, what other protocols are needed again, why should there be a 1001 thing from preventing an answered prayer?

Let me tell u one secret, in medical school, prayers are not included among the option of modalities of treatment. Its so funny that this religious people havnt performed any miracle(proof for answer prayer) on hospital beds.

My brother do what u have to do, for if there's a God, the universe is so big that ourequest is probably irrelevant.
A time will surely come when we all are gonna stand up for what we believe in and until then, I believe and will ever believe in God, who created the heaven and earth, the only living God. Remain blessed sir
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by bxcode(m): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
UncleSnr:
How I wish I read the post you made earlier... Man created god in his own image.
What's preventing you from doing that? undecided
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by Princewell2012(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2015
bxcode:

bxcode. pls could you share some of these true nature of God here?

I will be interested to know them.
Or still send me an email. gnwaneri@ymail.com

Thank you.
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
he/she/it works in mysterious ways...
Re: Why Doesn't God Answer Mankind Like Earthly Fathers by keenn: 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2015
bxcode:

A time will surely come when we all are gonna stand up for what we believe in and until then, I believe and will ever believe in God, who created the heaven and earth, the only living God. Remain blessed sir

I understand ur position,I once shared that faith and talked that way too bxcode

I believe u are a Christian, and I appreciate ur conviction. But What would u say about islamist fundamentalist and their killing spree all in the name of following their believe, what would u say about worshipers of men(satgurumaraji) or what would u say about worshipers of self(budhism)?

My objection is about prayers being answered by a God, if truely there's is anything of such, I am yet to see. I mean! The hospitals are there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Know How To Pray / The Truth About Ark Of Noah: Response to Hardmirror / Pastor Adefarasin Absent At Pastor Ekwueme’s Valedictory Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.