Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince (1494 Views)

A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) / You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ephesians 1:7
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

People have said to me, “Pastor Prince, I was taught that
only my past sins—from the day I was born until the day I
became a Christian—have been forgiven, and that my future
sins are not forgiven until I confess them and seek
forgiveness.”

My friend, when Jesus died on the cross, how many of your
sins were future?
Unless you are more than 2,000 years old, all your sins were
future then! Jesus took them all upon Himself, nailed them
to the cross and declared, “It is finished!” So if you are not
forgiven of all, then you are not forgiven at all.

“You mean Jesus also died for the sin that I have just
committed?”

Yes!

“And also for the sins which I will commit?”

Yes! That is why He said, “It is finished!”

But many of us are inconsistent in our believing. One part of
us says, “God has forgiven me of all my sins.” But another
part says, “Yes, but I must still confess my sins to be
forgiven of them.” Are you like that?

Beloved, you are forgiven not because of your work of
confession. Your confession cannot wash away your sins.
You are forgiven because of the blood of Jesus shed for
you. His blood alone cleanses you.

You cannot believe that you are forgiven of your past,
present and future sins, and still think that there is
something for you to do to make that forgiveness complete.
If you do, then it becomes your work too, not Jesus’ alone.

Is there a place for confession of sins? My friend, if you
have just sinned, you can always tell God about it without
feeling condemned because you know that you already have
forgiveness and that Jesus was condemned in your place.
But you don’t confess your sins to God in order to be
forgiven. You already have total and complete forgiveness
because of the blood of Jesus!

Thought For The Day

You are forgiven because of the blood of Jesus shed for you. It
is His blood alone that cleanses you.

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/total-and-complete-forgiveness/
Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by Zillionglobal(m): 7:59am On Sep 19, 2015
HaHAHAHa................. Th bible warned us that in the last days, many will heap unto themselves teacher with itching ear, who will tell them what they want to hear, ........1. Joseph smith can interprete the bible the way he likes but he can't change the word of God, he is telling people what they want to hear, giving them false hope with strange doctrine, let's examine what the bible said abt it. .... Jesus warned his followers in mathew 24, that only those who endure to the end will be saved, paul warned that we are not of them that draw back, my brother in as much as you like joseph smith teaching, just know that 2 timothy 2v 19 can't be change.
jiggaz:

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

forgiveness.”

sins were future?

committed?”

Yes!

Thought For The Day

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/total-and-complete-forgiveness/
Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:12am On Sep 19, 2015
Zillionglobal:
HaHAHAHa................. Th bible warned us that in the last days, many will heap unto themselves teacher with itching ear, who will tell them what they want to hear, ........1. Joseph smith can interprete the bible the way he likes but he can't change the word of God, he is telling people what they want to hear, giving them false hope with strange doctrine, let's examine what the bible said abt it. .... Jesus warned his followers in mathew 24, that only those who endure to the end will be saved, paul warned that we are not of them that draw back, my brother in as much as you like joseph smith teaching, just know that 2 timothy 2v 19 can't be change.
It is well my brother... keep to your believe. As for me, i totally believe in Grace and the Finished work of CHRIST.
Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:34pm On Nov 27, 2015
Noted
Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
jiggaz:
Noted
Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by ayoku777(m): 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
jiggaz:

forgiveness.”

sins were future?

committed?”

Yes!

Thought For The Day

I think we should be careful to let the word say what it said and not interprete scripture with sentiments.

Look at this;

1Cor 3v13 -Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

v14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

v15 If any man's work shall be burned, HE SHALL SUFFER LOSS: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Scripture says here that those whose works are considered carnal (either works of the flesh or works done in the flesh) will suffer loss at the judgment seat of Christ.

If our carnal works are forgiven and written off automatically, even when we don't repent of them, why will they still cost us at the judgment? Can a debt be written off and still cause a loss?

This should not be if indeed our sins and carnal works have automatic remittance through the blood even when we don't repent.

Jesus will not forgive and write off a sinful work, and still make you suffer loss for it again. Ofcourse not! If you suffer loss for a carnal work at the judgment seat of Christ, it means the sin was not written off or forgiven.

This goes to show that sin has consequences even for a believer at the judgment seat of Christ. There is no automatic remittance for sins and carnal works you don't repent of. The sins will still make you suffer loss at the judgment seat of Christ.

It may not be loss of salvation or eternal life but it will still be a loss nonetheless, if you don't repent.

That is why apostle John admonished us to confess our sins.

1John 1v9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

And mind you, he was writing to believers.

1John 2v13 - I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

So believers still need to confess their sins and repent of them, for it to be forgiven, and for it to not make them suffer loss at the judgment seat of Christ.

Also, look at everything Jesus said He will do to the Asian churches in Relevation if they do not repent.

Rev 2v5 -Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Rev 2v16 -16  Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Why would He do that to them, if there is automatic waiver and forgiveness for sins not confessed or repented of?

Sins in the life of a believer need to be repented of for them not to have consequences in this age and at the judgment seat of Christ. There is no automatic waiver or forgiveness for sins not repented of.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by ABDULADINO(m): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2015
ayoku777:

I think we should be careful to let the word say what it said and not interprete scripture with sentiments.

Look at this;

1Cor 3v13 -Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

v14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

v15 If any man's work shall be burned, HE SHALL SUFFER LOSS: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Scripture says here that those whose works are considered carnal (either works of the flesh or works done in the flesh) will suffer loss at the judgment seat of Christ.

If our carnal works are forgiven and written off automatically, even when we don't repent of them, why will they still cost us at the judgment? Can a debt be written off and still cause a loss?

This should not be if indeed our sins and carnal works have automatic remittance through the blood even when we don't repent.

Jesus will not forgive and write off a sinful work, and still make you suffer loss for it again. Ofcourse not! If you suffer loss for a carnal work at the judgment seat of Christ, it means the sin was not written off or forgiven.

This goes to show that sin has consequences even for a believer at the judgment seat of Christ. There is no automatic remittance for sins and carnal works you don't repent of. The sins will still make you suffer loss at the judgment seat of Christ.

It may not be loss of salvation or eternal life but it will still be a loss nonetheless, if you don't repent.

That is why apostle John admonished us to confess our sins.

1John 1v9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

And mind you, he was writing to believers.

1John 2v13 - I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

So believers still need to confess their sins and repent of them, for it to be forgiven, and for it to not make them suffer loss at the judgment seat of Christ.

Also, look at everything Jesus said He will do to the Asian churches in Relevation if they do not repent.

Rev 2v5 -Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Rev 2v16 -16  Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Why would He do that to them, if there is automatic waiver and forgiveness for sins not confessed or repented of?

Sins in the life of a believer need to be repented of for them not to have consequences in this age and at the judgment seat of Christ. There is no automatic waiver or forgiveness for sins not repented of.

Shalom
jiggaz:

feeling condemned.

Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by ayoku777(m): 9:29am On Dec 04, 2015
ABDULADINO:

jiggaz:

Is there a place for confession of sins? My friend, if you have just sinned, you can always tell God about it without feeling condemned.

Ofcourse I know that. We shouldn't repent or confess our sins to God in a spirit of condemnation but in a spirit of godly sorrow.

Godly sorrow means you realised you grieved the Holy Spirit by what you did, you're sorry for it and you apologize to Him in repentance.

While repenting in condemnation is repenting out of the fear of death (spiritual death in loss of salvation or the second death in the lake of fire)

2Cor 7v10 -Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow (or condemnation) brings death.

Godly sorrow results from love for God and the Holy Spirit when we grieve them, while condemnation results from fear of death.

The error I'm trying to correct is the impression that whether we repent and confess our sins to God or not, the sin is automatically forgiven and waived by God, and there is no consequence for it in this age or loss at the judgment seat of Christ.

That is a lie and there is no scripture that supports that ascertain.

Even though we should not repent in condemnation, we need to repent nonetheless for the sin to be forgiven and remitted by the blood, so that there will be no loss.

There is no scripture or new covenant principle that binds God to automatically forgive sins we do not repent of.

1John 1v10 - IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Proverbs 28v13 -He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: BUT WHOSO CONFESSETH and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Luke 17v3 -Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and IF HE REPENT, forgive him.

v4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, SAYING, I REPENT; thou shalt forgive him.

You see the principles here?

In every single one confession and repentance always preceeds forgiveness, even with God. There is no automatic forgiveness or waiver for sins not confessed and repented of.

It is only sins confessed and repented of that are remitted by the blood (that is, pardoned and have their consequence blotted out)

Let's not take this grace thing too far.

Shalom.
Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by ABDULADINO(m): 10:20am On Dec 04, 2015
ayoku777:

Ofcourse I know that. We shouldn't repent or confess our sins to God in a spirit of condemnation but in a spirit of godly sorrow.

Godly sorrow means you realised you grieved the Holy Spirit by what you did, you're sorry for it and you apologize to Him in repentance.

While repenting in condemnation is repenting out of the fear of death (spiritual death in loss of salvation or the second death in the lake of fire)

2Cor 7v10 -Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow (or condemnation) brings death.

Godly sorrow results from love for God and the Holy Spirit when we grieve them, while condemnation results from fear of death.

The error I'm trying to correct is the impression that whether we repent and confess our sins to God or not, the sin is automatically forgiven and waived by God, and there is no consequence for it in this age or loss at the judgment seat of Christ.

That is a lie and there is no scripture that supports that ascertain.

Even though we should not repent in condemnation, we need to repent nonetheless for the sin to be forgiven and remitted by the blood, so that there will be no loss.

There is no scripture or new covenant principle that binds God to automatically forgive sins we do not repent of.

1John 1v10 - IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Proverbs 28v13 -He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: BUT WHOSO CONFESSETH and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Luke 17v3 -Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and IF HE REPENT, forgive him.

v4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, SAYING, I REPENT; thou shalt forgive him.

You see the principles here?

In every single one confession and repentance always preceeds forgiveness, even with God. There is no automatic forgiveness or waiver for sins not confessed and repented of.

It is only sins confessed and repented of that are remitted by the blood (that is, pardoned and have their consequence blotted out)

Let's not take this grace thing too far.

Shalom.
There are sins of omission and commision. What about sins a believer isn't aware he did? If he or she didn't confess. It isn't forgiven right?
Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by ayoku777(m): 11:07am On Dec 04, 2015
ABDULADINO:
There are sins of omission and commision. What about sins a believer isn't aware he did? If he or she didn't confess. It isn't forgiven right?

It is because of such sins Jesus asked us to pray, And forgive us our sins;... (Luke 11v4)

He didn't ask us to mention or narrate all our sins one by one.

We can't even remember all the sins we committed the day before, much less longer. And even if we remember all, and we have the time to mention them one by one; what of the ones we committed without even knowing that they were sins?

That's why Jesus didn't ask us to mention our sins one by one; its ok If you can. But if you simply say, "Lord, forgive me all my sins", that is still good enough for His blood to go to work and grant forgiveness and remission for all your sins.

Thanks for bringing that up. Because some people might be asking, what of sins I've forgotten I commited, or that I committed and didn't even know they were sins?

Simply asking for forgiveness of "all your sins" is good enough for the blood to round them all up and remit them -known or unknown, omission or commission. That indeed is grace!

But you must ask. Forgiveness is not automatic. It is ...he that asketh that receiveth (Luke 11v10).

Don't omit asking for forgiveness of your sins when you pray. Ask for forgiveness everyday.

Shalom
Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by emmyileri(m): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
Re: Total And Complete Forgiveness - Joseph Prince by emmyileri(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Parisbookaddict, Does Islam Discriminate Against Negroes? / Shiloh 2015 Heaven On Earth Live Telecast / ’’tell My Children Not To Work On Sundays”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.