Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian (27474 Views)

Can You Hold A First Class Degree And Be Jobless? / Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics / 4.58million Nigerians Became Jobless In Buhari's Administation - NBS Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Suigenerisshegs(m): 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:
WHAT A SEPTEMBER TO REMEMBER
Bro, you still into blog training? I need it
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by fxbot: 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:
am not a seeker of wealth... am fulfilled

and how can 50*5=245 in your timestable?
did I infer so? You made mention of crayon paper remember?

Just get you blog to look good and help boost your business... Clean sites command authority, it build trust.

I am telling you to look good and that there is room for improvement but someone is telling you no need to improve.

2 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Caspian22(m): 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
I'm really happy for you damiloladuke, I want be a blogger and am in pretty much thesame situation u were in when you started. But I STRONGLY believe that by same time next month i'll hav an even bigger story to tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by jt2damoney(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
inspiring...

Abeg guys click d link on my signature so you too can start earning
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
did I infer so? You made mention of crayon paper remember?

Just get you blog to look good and help boost your business... Clean sites command authority, it build trust.

I am telling you to look good and that there is room for improvement but someone is telling you no need to improve.

Why you taking Ibucaps for my pain... let me be

I don't need your advice. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
Suigenerisshegs:

Bro, you still into blog training? I need it

Not anymore, I can only send you the materials and you study... they are self explanatory though.
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by fxbot: 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:

Why you taking Ibucaps for my pain... let me be
I don't need your advice. Thanks
whatever rocks your mediocre boat.

2 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by babymattas: 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
MrKIZITO:
God has been good to me all this months from Jan till date. Blogging is the best job in the word. I advise every young active person to blog. I make good living from it. Some times i make around 60k to 85 thousand a month by just selling my super E-books, writing business plan and selling softwares. Instead of traveling from Port Harcourt to Abuja, Lagos to Enugu, Kaduna to Calabar every month for one silly job interview, save the money and open a blog. I can still remember d day i made 15k just by writing a business plan. Just like the op said. I also started blogging with a mobile phone. Am giving all thanks to God for his love and mercy.

My name is nelson...i really appreciate ur effort,i feel encouraged sir. I wish u could sopot me somehow on my blog im stuck somehw. My email is babymattas@gmail.com or 08185786512
Thanks
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
whatever rocks your mediocre boat.

Reason most people don't make it is just this.

GTH.

you wont like it if I start with you... I swear... I will say things you don't like.

Kekere lotin bayin lo

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by fxbot: 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:

Reason most people don't make it is just this.

GTH.

you wont like it if I start with you... I swear... I will say things you don't like.

Kekere lotin bayin lo
what have you made if I may ask?
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Toks2008(m): 10:58pm On Sep 19, 2015
zangiff:
blogging is real

With my crazy passion for writing i have not even considered making money from it.

I just might consider that...
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by idoo4love: 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
@damiloladuke and @ fxbot.......please you guys should stop and make some peace .. Out of everything both of you said ,you both made some points.....please guys try educate each other ..Let's be matured here.................
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2015
undecided
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
what have you made if I may ask?

Silence is the best answer for the fool...if yoy reply me, yoy can be called an idiot, and if I replied, (should yoy decide to prove yoy are an idiot by replying ) then call me a dunce.

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by vislabraye(m): 11:17pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:

You are so much right, I don't work alone.. I create contents and have guys doing the publicity for me.

Thanks for the good words

What's the genre of your blog ?
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by guiddoti: 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I have been reading you both comments. Oga is ok na! abi you dey jealous ni?

3 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by darmochy1(m): 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
I didn't start making money online today man. I go lost you inside blogging.

Now here are my verdicts: Your blog needs total overhaul. Do away with all those colour fonts, italics or underlining would help emphasize your point.

Get a better theme. Head over to Themeforest.net and buy a premium theme because many free themes, which I believe your are using, have been compromised with embedded codes which they often use to steal info or hack blogs.

At least you earned £245 recently and have been doing 50k+ previously. Therefore, you should be able to afford $49.

Optimize your blog.

The OgbongeBlog you referred to, have you taken your time to look at the feel of his blog? What do you think?

Get yourself a dorm account. I see no reason why money should be sent via parcel in this age.

To get a dorm set up for you faster, make sure your referees are from same bank where you wish to obtain the account.

Link your dorm account to Escrow.com (Escrow.com have started allowing Nigerians on their platform after I spoke to their president regarding the need to include us on their site a few months ago and they are safer than paypal for huge funds) so that you can avoid being scammed when you want to receive your money. Or better yet, use only Dorm account.
Bros, e be like say I go 'steal' your brain o. You're loaded, na people like you I need as mentors. Expect my PM anytime but pls free the OP, Abeg. I was actually inspired by his story.

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by guiddoti: 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:

Silence is the best answer for the fool...if yoy reply me, yoy can be called an idiot, and if I replied, (should yoy decide to prove yoy are an idiot by replying ) then call me a dunce.
abeg no reply again

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by hector: 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2015
How true is this story?? coz i hav frnds who blog buh none of them is celebrating yet.
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Freaknasty: 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
@damilola. Op. Be careful here. U have ur chance on nairaland front page dont allow critics to run u down.
U should learn to MANAGE criticism. So far u are not doing good.

3 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by darmochy1(m): 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2015
hector:
How true is this story?? coz i hav frnds who blog buh none of them is celebrating yet.
The niche they're into matters a lot. Also, are they adding values with their blogs?

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by talktohaywhy(m): 12:28am On Sep 20, 2015
Congrats. Happy for you.
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by bobojoshua(m): 12:29am On Sep 20, 2015
fxbot:
I didn't start making money online today man. I go lost you inside blogging.

Now here are my verdicts: Your blog needs total overhaul. Do away with all those colour fonts, italics or underlining would help emphasize your point.

Get a better theme. Head over to Themeforest.net and buy a premium theme because many free themes, which I believe your are using, have been compromised with embedded codes which they often use to steal info or hack blogs.

At least you earned £245 recently and have been doing 50k+ previously. Therefore, you should be able to afford $49.

Optimize your blog.

The OgbongeBlog you referred to, have you taken your time to look at the feel of his blog? What do you think?

Get yourself a dorm account. I see no reason why money should be sent via parcel in this age.

To get a dorm set up for you faster, make sure your referees are from same bank where you wish to obtain the account.

Link your dorm account to Escrow.com (Escrow.com have started allowing Nigerians on their platform after I spoke to their president regarding the need to include us on their site a few months ago and they are safer than paypal for huge funds) so that you can avoid being scammed when you want to receive your money. Or better yet, use only Dorm account.
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by ifyan(m): 12:31am On Sep 20, 2015
May God continue to bless our hustle.

But my problem is that I haven't made any kobo in blogging since when l started some months back within the year.

Please if l make ask how did you guys made it.
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by ifyan(m): 12:32am On Sep 20, 2015
hector:

I am also in his shoe
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 20, 2015
Hello Dami,congrats on your dilgence.I have writing skills,but laziness won't just allow me develop myself further.I have a blog,but it as good as dormant.And even have an idea to write a book,but still yet to start.
I really need to develop this God-given skill of mine alongside with my engineering profession.
You are an epitome of holding forth to your dream just as the leech holding to its host's skin.
Wishing you brighter horizons.
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by solomonjesus: 1:06am On Sep 20, 2015
good one
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Ademat7(m): 3:38am On Sep 20, 2015
exhibition:
God lifts up the poor from the dunghill! promotion comes from God.

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
maybe it's high time you start selling your own product and leave jumia alone by that we go follow you cos we go take naira by naija made #sayNotoImportation

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by BTT(m): 3:58am On Sep 20, 2015
damiloladuke:
people that end up making nothing in blogging start this way

Adieu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 / 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.