Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,118 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! (24396 Views)

See The 7 Things I Did In Order To Understand My Lecturer In Class / Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? / See How I Was Able To Overcome Obstacles In My Secondary School Days(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Chartey(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2015
We've recently been sharing secondary school memories in my school's old students' Facebook group and I thought to write this.

1. BULLYING
This was a norm, a way of life and everybody was involved. A JS2 student could bully a JS1 student even if the latter looked like Goliath and was four years older. Even the SUs and spirikokos bullied their juniors because it was okay by all students not at the receiving end.
Fighting back your senior attracted a sentence short of death as you would be left with many scars to show your children. Reporting to a master/mistress was not much better because you would get into trouble with other seniors. How many would you keep reporting?
A senior unlucky to be reported for bullying could face any punishment ranging from weeding, digging, tree-felling to suspensions and expulsion from the school depending on how serious the case was.

2. BREAKING BOUNDS
You did not do this much in your junior days because you would die if you were caught by your seniors. With seniority came boldness and you only had the masters and security (especially "blue blue"wink to fear.
There were many reasons to break bounds. You wanted to play video games, you wanted to eat something better than your dining hall food, you wanted to attend a party, you wanted to watch El Classico, or you even wanted to sell your textbooks.
There were many routes like "Ishapa", "Kokodiks", "B/ball court", "2k" and our favourite "discor"
The standard punishment was a 2-week suspension plus or minus the purchase of bags of cement but could be less severe if you played your politics right or were just lucky.

3. COOKING IN THE HOSTEL
Can I ever forget the heavenly aroma of "blo-blo"? It could and should wake you from sleep if you did not want to be hungry. We mostly used buckets and boiling rings and it was sometimes done in the ceiling.
It almost always attracted a 2-week suspension when you were caught but the more painful part was not getting the opportunity to eat your "blo".

4. EXTORTION
You must have been James Bond if nobody extorted anything from you and you must have been an angel if you didn't "tax" or "chance" anything from anybody. It could just be the customary "dropping" for your school-father or someone collecting your "provisions" and eating them in your presence while you painfully watched him or even washed his very dirty jeans.
I cannot remember how many times I had to "pass" my Thursday fish to a senior, or my loaf, or my meat, or my egg, or my "moims"!
Was there even a school punishment for this? Honestly, I don't think.

5. EXAM MALPRACTICE
This one na straight repeat and if na SS2 third term na bye bye to school o. Investigations were shoddy or non-existent and you could be punished if someone just went to "pour" that you had "choks". People however threw caution to the wind and got all kinds of choks that "tallied" or did not (most didn't) during WAEC.

6. GRAFFITI
Why wouldn't you "sign" on the wall? Whether "block" or hostel, on trees or even tables. There were even roll calls of cliques on walls and the names made for fabulous stories told to new students. I remember names like "Dulla", "Danger", "Dadawizzy", "Lumzor", "Cocaine" "Suicide" and the revered members of the "Terror Squad". I'm still trying to remember so many.
You were never caught while signing but one useless human being "campaigning" for prefect would compile a list of signers and you would be asked to pay for buckets of paint when you came to collect your WAEC results but the walls would still be unpainted three years after.

7. STEALING
This is where students and the authority were on the same page. After days of people trying to find out "who dey jack locker" an unlucky thief might be found. There was no leniency here, you were stepping out of the school forever on the next assembly day.
Some forms of stealing were acceptable to students. These included stealing of mango at "mango island", stealing of "kpeke" (chicken) or "fourrunner" (goats) from the staff quarters to prepare and eat. Those who suffered the most where the staff whose houses were close to the boys' hostels but it was hard to pity them because honestly stolen chicken had the best taste especially when cooked in the bush.
There were other serious offences like entering the girls' hostel and fighting especially with weapons but this writing thing is not easy abeg. You can all add to the list.
May God forgive us all our sins and never let our children know all the things we did till they leave secondary school.

Source : Inspired by old friends.

Tosyne2much, emusmith, wristbangle and all the other list-makers una dey try o.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Zzyco: 7:31am On Sep 19, 2015
Lol
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Chartey(m): 7:32am On Sep 19, 2015
Zzyco:
Caught!

1 Like

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 19, 2015
Some NLders dey use alien tech. undecided

1 Like

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by lilmax(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2015
Exam malpractice is for the smart ones grin

1 Like

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Chartey(m): 8:38am On Sep 19, 2015
lilmax:
Exam malpractice is for the smart ones grin
Depends o. The smart ones for don solve the thing know am well before dem enter but the mumu ones go collect answer wan go do copy and paste, dem go come catch dem or d answers no go even tally with d question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by rollindollar(m): 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2015
chaii...na 'abete' we dey do for when we dy sku o nd dem neva born d teacher wey go enter dere come challenge us...make God forgive person o..#irepgosco sha..btw, op u go boarding sku?
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Chartey(m): 11:17pm On Sep 19, 2015
rollindollar:
chaii...na 'abete' we dey do for when we dy sku o nd dem neva born d teacher wey go enter dere come challenge us...make God forgive person o..#irepgosco sha..btw, op u go boarding sku?
Yes o. If no be boarding school e no be school o. Wetin be 'abete' abeg?
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by rollindollar(m): 7:13am On Sep 20, 2015
Chartey:

Yes o. If no be boarding school e no be school o. Wetin be 'abete' abeg?
lol...bros na hood o for d place ehn evrytn wey go make u comfortable dy dr,na dr persn dy bath go sku sef...bro,dis ur writeup fit go fp nw..
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Chartey(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2015
rollindollar:
lol...bros na hood o for d place ehn evrytn wey go make u comfortable dy dr,na dr persn dy bath go sku sef...bro,dis ur writeup fit go fp nw..
Na ur kind school I dey fear pass o. Sec sch wey students dey stay off campus. Na small town or village d school go dey I guess.
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Richiez(m): 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
cool
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Chartey(m): 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
Richiez:
cool
Oga do something
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by prodiG(m): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
brings back memories cry
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by SaiBuharii: 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
ug
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Bonapart(m): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by NaLaugh: 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
Doesn't that happen in every school in Nigeria? undecided

3 Likes

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by omusiliyu(m): 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
I can't count the number of bunches of banana and pine apples I stole from orchard.

It was fun then

1 Like

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by kennyman2000(m): 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
Hmmm
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Sijo01(f): 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
Jumping fence tongue
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Mznaett: 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
Pineapples,banana,plaintain,apples,oranges,mangoes,pear etc from orchads and sister's convent suffer for some girls hand back then chai!sad

They never termed it stealing rather there were just reaping from where they sow shawink

Night calls with Saminarians and other guyz nkor?

Oh my! I just remembered that autrocity house called "Osmond hall" different kinds of sins happened there lipsrsealed

But I thank God I was a saint thentongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by richyfunky(m): 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
Boarding Schools......Breeding Criminals since 1902

2 Likes

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by romzyxy(m): 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
Nairaland has turned to a toilet where pipu come and drop shiit without flushing. Now it is very dirty n smelling.

1 Like

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by denisbath(m): 9:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
k
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Shaadey: 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
ok
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by k4kings(m): 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
Pants down in a toilet with a gal.... U re gone or so I tot
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
Lol

That's for those who went to boarding school. My sisters would say it was the best life.
I enjoyed my day school so...

6 Likes

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Deefuray(f): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
Sneaking out of school

1 Like

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Seuncoded(f): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
Lol
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
A
Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by kennynelcon(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2015
FGC (put the location). Characteristic of a unity school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum / 2016/2017 OAU Predegree Admission / JAMB Releases Dates For 2018 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.