Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:54 AM

Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (78652 Views)

Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagogue Church Of All Nations / I Was Paid To Lie Against Pastor T. B. Joshua; Bisola Johnson. / Pastor T.b Joshua Predicted Michael Jackson's Sudden Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2006
choice.A:

Fascinating. I thought you had no intentions to judge, but forgive me if what you stated above is not a classic example of judging others. Doesn't it say in your own Bible that you should not condemn yourself in the very same things that you allow? (Rom.14:22). So, it's okay for you to condemn others, but sinful for others to disagree with your ideas about your choice of miracle worker?

Did i call any fake preacher's name? Your insinuations are wrong brother. I am not denying the fact that i have passed judgement. And mine is a  righteous one, based on God's Word and under the incfluence of His Spirit. TB Josuah is a man of God. If he were not, i will say so and tell you why, from God's Word. How do i know Pastor Adeboye is a christian? Because he said so. I do not follow any of them home to know how they live. But from what i see them do and say, i judge with God's Word. I do not say you must agree with me. But if you are  christain, act like one. Judge under the guidaince of God's Word and not 'hearsay'.

choice.A:

It is particularly sad that your ideas are lopsided as regards ministers - whether miracle on non-miracle workers. In the first place, you make it sound as if anyone who doesn't perform miracles is therfore not called of God. That idea is not sustained in the Bible, because John the Baptist (though he was not a pastor in the church) was mightily used of God even though he did not perform a single miracle (John 10:41); and in the church, the apostle Paul taught that not everyone works a miracle because we all have different gifts (I Cor. 12:10,29). The power to work a miracle is given by God to whomsoever He wills - it is not the minister who forces himself to perform miracles.

That is true of Paul's teaching. But remeber he was writing to the entire church and not just ministers. No minister forces himself to do miracles -correct. In the same vein, no minister should force himself into any of the five-fold ministry office. You do not even desire it. You are called into these offices. I still maintain my stand because this is God's standard: God never sent a man without the necessary signs and credentials. Otherwise, anyone can just wake up and start a church in his parlour to keep the family going.

Talking about John the baptist, was his baptism ordinary? Of course not. It was powerful and a sign given to him from God. Is it ordinary for him to have visions and revelations of the Son of God so that he identified the messiah amongst the many that came to hear him? He was given these gifts and signs from God to help him in his ministry which was unique: to prepare the way for our Lord. He was filled with the Spirit. When he spoke, men's hearts burned within them.

choice.A:

And what would you say about those who perform miracles but whose focus on money is as equally hideous? How long ago was it reported that Benny Hinn was in Nigeria conducting a crusade that flopped on questions of how much money was being collected? (if you've forgotten, you can find the story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4619733.stm ). I don't care whose ox is gored or whatever big names they represent; the call of God upon a minister does not give him the license to use bad language (as secret_447 did) or use the ministry as a money-making enterprise. There are sound teachers who perform miracles and have a balanced view of money matters; and there are equally sound teachers who do not perform miracles and have godly respect for money matters. True servants of God will not focus on themselves, but rather turn people over to focus on God Himself.

Hmm, money. So that is the problem hun? Well, crusades are not done to raise money but for the salvatiuon of souls. In that respect, the crusade was a success. The many contoversies that arose were actually baseless false accusations heated and blown up by mostly carnal people who could only see money in such a spiritual event.

choice.A:
Whatever your ideas or convictions, I don't make it my aim to judge TB Joshua (or any other minister) to be this, that or the other. Everyone who has worn the ministerial cloak is answerable to God. However, that does not mean that we should be gullible and swallow everything that is said or done in Jesus' Name. If I know nothing else, I know that my Bible says I should 'prove' (or, test) all things and hold onto that which is good (I Thes. 5:21). My salvation does not rest on what TB Joshua claims to be, or who is defending him. There is only one Name under heaven that saves - Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12).

It shouldnt be your aim to judge him. He is doing what he is called to do , you do yours. Nobody has asked you to rest your salvation on him. Even the prophet wouldnt want you to do so. I do not, neither do his members.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by choiceA: 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2006
Did i call any fake preacher's name?,,,I am not denying the fact that i have passed judgement. And mine is a  righteous one,

Donnie, please don't confuse yourself. You're making two contradictory statements in one breath: you've clearly passed judgement unfairly in the same way that you accuse people who do not agree with your views, whether or not you named names of any preacher - fake or genuine. If it's wrong for others to have passed judgement, is it right for you to do so because you claimed to be under the influence of the Spirit? How are you sure that the opinions of others who disgree with you were not voiced under the same influence you claim?

But if you are  christain, act like one. Judge under the guidaince of God's Word and not 'hearsay'.

This is the kind of lopsided views that amaze me. Where did I state that I was judging under 'hearsay', or even that I was judging at all? If this is what acting like a Christian is, I'm sorry to say that your brand does not appeal to me.

It shouldnt be your aim to judge him.

Then I wonder why you take it upon yourself to be his personal bodyguard and chief inspector of spiritual police on this forum. It seems that anyone who expresses a view you don't like about TB Joshua immediately gets your nerves rattled and itching for your horsewhip. You necessarily have something to say almost to the effect that nobody's allowed to say anything contrary to yours. The tenor of my posts have been simply to state that it was uncouth for any pastor to use uncivil language in addressing people, as secret_447 did. Not only was he breaking the law of decorum on Nairaland Forum, but he was not keeping to the character of the badge he claimed as pastor.

What is ever so astonishing to me is that you said nothing as regards what I was addressing. You could not find a verse in all your guidance of God's Word to justify a pastor openly calling people "retarded" with emphasis. I couldn't care less about what TB Joshua means to you; but if you want to make this thread your second home with padlock in hand, please put up a signpost and let's know that only those who curry your outlook are welcome to visit this topic. And I hope they certainly don't mind being called retarded or any other gutter names that suit the new wave of pastors as __.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by tolutope(m): 2:48am On Apr 08, 2006
jesus said let your yes b yes and your no be no,  if tb or tuberculosis or whatever  he calls himself seems to have a questionable xter then there is a problem,  people saying during jesus time jesus also went through same badmouthing 4get 1 thin,  the holy ghost wasnt there then to enlighten them,  now we got the holy ghost that speaks one language,  and that language for real xtians isnt tuberculosis', people lets b real,  i aint got no beef but if u want to talk on smthin then do your research,  if u want to talk on spiritual matters, pray for spiritual discernment,  for we do not fight with men or physical things but wit principalities and powers,  can we understand the magntitude  of that at all?if he be for god, other real pastors would have embraced him,  not just 1 'oyakilomess',  only God knows what is happenin,  the whole church just can't frown at 1 person. r u sayin no 1 pastor has God in him?only oya kilo and tb are God's tru servant,  dduuhhh? angry just like discussing witchcraft, if u can't discern how u wan discuss?4real, God aint stupid, likewise other real men of God, we aint talkin about his looks and manner only, but his spirituality is not christ and if it aint christ it aint God.the devil can also do miracles, doesnt mean he works for God, thats why pple can take chickens and goats to psychics and they get results, they will definitely keep on goin bak wen a problem arises, conclusion? psychic has a permament customer.likewise any other 'person'who has miracles to offer but by wat means is dat miracle?God said worship Him in truth and in spirit, so if we xtians all follow that rule then why shld there be confusion about tb? it means him no pure pple, and this aint opinion poll. this is spiritual understanding.he who has an ear let him hear, these r the end times, sh*t is happenin, even wolves are lookin like sheep now,
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Papa(m): 11:57am On Apr 08, 2006
r u sayin no 1 pastor has God in him?only oya kilo and tb are God's tru servant
I think you should calm down @tolu - really, you should.

Donnie this post is strictly to pass an important message to you. could you send me your email address @ plaun29@hotmail.com

As much as what I want to tell you is important, I don't want ppl intruding.

Thanks
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by babymine(f): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2006
Hmmm. I reserve my comment. lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Papa(m): 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2006
Maybe you shouldn't reserve that comment yet!
You could share it. There's always a opportunity
to be corrected if you're don't want to be wrong.
After all, we're still alive!

While there's life, there's a chance to learn!
- Me
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2006
Papa,

You cld send me a PM.

I'll read it and get back to u.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Papa(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11, 2006
Oh great! you're on nairaland, well, I don't know how to do that. could you please let me know how.
Thanks
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2006
Trust in the Lord,

, in Him only shalt thou trust,

, Then Shall they know that ye are my disciples; because ye love the bretheren.

, this is my song to you.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Idekeson(m): 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2006
He is just another guy trying to make a buck out of poverty- stricken, disease- ridden and emotionally- unbalanced Nigerians. Often scarring people with the age-long fear of eternal damnation. kudos to them because it takes lots of skill to perfect the art.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Mongue(m): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2006
I'm pretty sure that if Jesus was around today most people would view him as another TB Joshua,

He was followed by a few fanatical supporters who were a mixture the sick and outcasts etc.

He performed miracles that most people didn't believe in.

He was not liked by the ESTABLISHED religious orders of the time.

Most people thought that he was wrong, and a bit mad,
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 8:51pm On May 01, 2006
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by dearzi(f): 11:31pm On May 01, 2006
I'm a member of Christ Embassy, and i stand behind that 100%

@ Donnie
I especially liked the end of that article

Is TB Joshua a man of God? i'm not bothered about him--i'm most concerned about my own salvation, which's what we all should be. Leave TB alone; if you feel sorry for those in his congregation, pray for them. And if the ministry's really bad, it's up to them to seek the truth for themselves.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by holyfire2: 3:23am On Jun 15, 2006
I am amazed that many have based their opinion on this issue on miracles, followership, acceptability or the lack of it, and the fact that this individual is doing these miracles in the name of Jesus as a pointer to the one that sent him. I read with dismay the claims of the pastors among the contributors and the article on the White Dove website. That a pastor referred readers to this website as evidence that this man is of God is unfortunate. I am not debating whether he is or not as I do not know much about his work except what I have read. The article in question was signed by a Rev. Dr. and an alhaji and some other civil servants. Since when did the government become an authority in determining the origin of signs and wonders? Have we fallen to such level that we now need an alhaji to tell us who is Christ's? Where do we place such words of Jesus as Matt 7:21-23

21.  Not everyone that sayeth unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he
         that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
  22.  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy
         name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
  23   And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me ye that work iniquity.

In other words the Lord Himself is telling us here that one could perform mighty miracles and not be His, for the Lord cannot work iniquity.  You can perform signs and wonders without being Christ's. It is true that signs and wonders are part of the manifestations of the work of the Holy Spirit through the believer but we must bear in mind that the Devil tries to duplicate (counterfeit) whatever God does. This is why he is called the Deceiver. You can only be deceived by that which appears to look like the real, hence the scriptures warns us to beware of the deception of the enemy.

When Jesus said to the worker of iniquity "I never knew you", He actually meant "you do not have My seed in you";  that is to say you are not born of God for the believer is one that is born by the imperishable seed.

Also the reference to the last days by one of the pastors in his comment that we have been in the last days for 2000 years is bothersome. Indeed the last days started at the birth of the church and the enemy gets even more desperate as the end draws near. He wants to draw away as many as possible especially the believers, hence we are advised to walk circumspectly and to test all spirits. As a believer it will be a tragedy to judge situations as we are discussing by how blessed we are by what the individual preaches or the miracles present at his services. That one is a pastor does not immunize one against deception for this is a  very serious and difficult issue and requires total dependence on the Holy Spirit. I have seen very anointed ministers fall into deception without realizing it, so be careful.

We are entering a season of great and mind boggling manifestations of the Holy Spirit but at the same time we should know that the enemy is going to try to counterfeit these. He might even start his first before the church because of the general lethargy in the church. So these are dangerous times and we can only stand by being totally dependent on the Lord.

God bless you all and grant you the grace to press into Him for that is where our salvation lies in these dangerous times. Also remember that he that is born of God is an overcomer.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by K2: 10:17pm On Jun 15, 2006
I didn't read all the responses but let us be clear about some things. Performing 'Miracles' does not guarantee getting into heaven. Some would perform miracles/healings and still end up in hell. Not all supposed miracles/healings (to us as humans) have God's backing. Demons can do likewise only few years or months or days later it would be worse. There's an hierachy. A higher demon could expel a lesser one.
Furthermore, the bible even said the antichrist would perform outrageous miracles and to the extent that the elects might also be deceived. Be forewarned. Dig into your bible, study and read and ask Holy Spirit for discernment and to rightly divide the word.
There are some ministers that I watch them perform miracles and I respect that but when it comes to their teachings I tune out because they are full of heresies. Even if you call fire to come down, but your teachings are inconsistent with the Bible or you say God has given you a greater revelation than the scriptures, you are your own on that one.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by LiquidMind(m): 11:55pm On Jun 15, 2006
No body should gorge men of God
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by revival4us: 7:09am On Jul 18, 2006
Here's a few questions for those who are ready to denounce TB Joshua as a false prophet, heretic, etc.

How many people have you prayed for and seen them come out of their sickness?
How many blind eyes have you opened?
How many deaf ears have you opened?
How many people with cancer have you healed?
(Matthew 10 and Luke 10 in regards to semantics of the questions)

Every seen anyone run from a miracle?
Or refuse to be healed?

If you cannot easily answer these questions without arguing the entire pretext of my questions- More than likely you are making judgements about TB Joshua out of ignorance and fear.

I've seen enough scripture thrown around here to see that there is a lot of learning and little experience to back it up.

I come speaking as one who has seen the Power/Love of God prove the scriptures true. I have seen the results of what the Kingdom of God does to darkness. Darkness in incapable of doing what light can do,

I can prove that Jesus Christ is King, and his Kingdom is invading this earth without even saying a word - yet I do use words and a lot of scripture.
The Kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of Power!

Darkness does not have the Power! If you believe darkness can heal, open blind eyes, and raise the dead; you are going to have to prove it to me. And not by the scriptures, but demonstrated by a supernatural encounter in which the name of whatever lesser fallen deity makes some one whole or brings them from death.

Darkness is unable to produce the miracles and healing that occur through TB Joshua's ministry. The utter fear of being deceived and duped has lead many of you to toss out what God is doing. You know the scripture "no salt spring can produce fresh water." You do not dispute the miracles, yet you say Satan is the source. How can you be so quickly deceived in believing one healing in the Name of Jesus is healing by demonic power - that is unscriptural in itself and based on human fear and I dare say jealousy.

What if you could walk in the power that TB Joshua walks in? What if you could walk in a greater power? And do all the works in the Name of Jesus and see thousands of people come to Christ because of it.

What if that were your destiny?
Guess what, It is!

Sure you can get swayed by the power let it go to your head with the acclamation of men and miss God-his presence and his love and be judged as never knowing him. But what if you're at that point right now, even with out any power. You may know a lot about God, but it's all in your head. Do you really know him? Do you know what he thinks? About you? About those around you? About the universe in general? Are you full of peace at this very moment? What about Joy? Don't justify why you don't have peace and joy. Start a journey with Jesus to find it. It is your inheritance. Romans 8:30 means you are called to this before the world was created.

Finally is your doctrine spot free because you merely believe what men have collected as good doctrine. Do you really believe your good doctrine, to live it every moment or do you use it to debase your brother so that you might feel justified and "right" with God because of pointing out his theological "error." Think TB Joshua is a heretic? History would call most who are first cry heresy the heretics. We all carry a level doctrinal error, and we must have the Holy Spirit who will guide us into all truth and simply change our mind when confronted with the truth. Personally I have some different opinions over doctrinal issues to what TB Joshua believes, but have not I seen some of God's power move in my life to the extent of his - but what is that more that just disputable matters.

Well I think I've made this post to long - I didn't want too but it happened. I realize if your like me you catch the first couple paragraphs and the final statement so here goes:

Sorry if I was unable to offend you - offense often reveals the heart -
It's when you get your mouth in gear and say more than you're willing to admit, touche!
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by donnie(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2006
That was very enlightening.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by izoneb(f): 10:24am On Sep 23, 2006
donnie u are a jazz blabber.Remember to come back to nairaland to share your experience when the holy spirit of God descends on you.
So far your ignorance is screaming in all your posts.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Backslider(m): 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2006
I have read the interview of newswatch of "The Man of God" I have a very different View of The man Tb Joshua. I have heard alot about him from 2 different church members, One was attending his church and told me all kinds of Miracle he did.

The other person I heard from was a brother that played the an organ in synagogue he told me he told me he had a dream and in the dream he saw a big snake and people running into it. he told me he prayed and told God what that meant that God should please tell him he told me he got a similar one again.

we were on our way to some place and we had unusual encounters this was not clear to me but he later told me that he had written some thing about this "Man of God" and that is why we were having encounters. first we had the chain of our Okada of on fairly high spead loosed at Ejigbo Junction and a near miss of accident at okota junction on the Okada we were on but the car hit the okada that went in our front.

This happened in 95.

I have heard Jesus and only Jesus Say things about who he is a follower. WHAT IS THE HOLINESS CONTENT OF THIS MAN. is the holiness based on Jesus Christ what is his doctrine? when was he saved from the power of Sin by Jesus Chrst ?

Look at the man's Personal Character

Temperament
Meekness
love of God

What is The greatest Miracle? read The words Of Jesus Christ Our saviour You will find that it is to be free from sin and the Power of Sin. All this Miracles if it does not make Jesus More Powerful and make people more HOLY then there is a question mark. Because he said if I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me.

Well The bible says and they that know their God will do exploit. Jesus say my sheep hear my voice. you dont need to say we should not Judge. Jesus is the Righteous Judge and that is the measure we should use to judge people that say they are men of God.

WE MUST TRY ALL SPIRITS. we are supposed to take everything hook line and sinker because of miracles. I have seen Miracles that had made people worse please THE GREATEST MIRACLE IS TO BE SAVED FROM THE GRIP OF SIN THAT IS THE REASON WHY JESUS CAME BUT BECAUSE SIN IS RIFE IN THE CHURCH AND THE CRAVE FOR MATERIAL WEALTH IS HIGH. I have attended several Churches and there is this desire for miracles.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Backslider(m): 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2006
I have read the interview of newswatch of "The Man of God" I have a very different View of The man Tb Joshua. I have heard alot about him from 2 different church members, One was attending his church and told me all kinds of Miracle he did.

The other person I heard from was a brother that played the an organ in synagogue he told me he told me he had a dream and in the dream he saw a big snake and people running into it. he told me he prayed and told God what that meant that God should please tell him he told me he got a similar one again.

we were on our way to some place and we had unusual encounters this was not clear to me but he later told me that he had written some thing about this "Man of God" and that is why we were having encounters. first we had the chain of our Okada of on fairly high spead  loosed at Ejigbo Junction  and a near miss of accident at okota junction on the Okada we were on but the car hit the okada that went in our front.

This happened in 95.

I have heard Jesus and only Jesus Say things about who he is a follower. WHAT IS THE HOLINESS CONTENT OF THIS MAN. is the holiness based on Jesus Christ what is his doctrine? when was he saved from the power of Sin by Jesus Chrst ?

Look at the man's Personal Character

Temperament
Meekness
love of God

What is The greatest Miracle? read The words Of Jesus Christ Our saviour You will find that it is to be free from sin and the Power of Sin. All this Miracles if it does not make Jesus More Powerful and make people more HOLY then there is a question mark. Because he said if I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me.

Well The bible says and they that know their God will do exploit. Jesus say my sheep hear my voice. you dont need to say we should not Judge. Jesus is the Righteous Judge and that is the measure we should use to judge people that say they are men of God.

WE MUST TRY ALL SPIRITS. we are supposed to take everything hook line and sinker because of miracles. I have seen Miracles that had made people worse please THE GREATEST MIRACLE IS TO BE SAVED FROM THE GRIP OF SIN THAT IS THE REASON WHY JESUS CAME BUT BECAUSE SIN IS RIFE IN THE CHURCH AND THE CRAVE FOR MATERIAL WEALTH IS HIGH. I have attended several Churches and there is this desire for miracles.

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by enugu(f): 11:03pm On Oct 04, 2006
Posted by: Backslider on: September 23, 2006, 03:27 PM

@Backslider,

thank you! the question for me is what is the spirit of God saying to you? If you sincerely follow on to know the Lord, He will always reveal Himself to you. YOU CAN NEVER SEEK GOD AND FIND THE DEVIL If you seek God, YOU WILL find Him for sure!!!

We MUST try every spirit especially at these times we are in. Arguing about miracles as a sign of God's approval or mark is folly.  The socerers at Pharoah's table were able to replicate miracles.

The point is what is the Spirit saying to you in light of His word. Let that determine who TB is. This is not judgement; this is obedience to God's word!!!
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by KDK(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2006
Heheheeheheh  grin  grin  grin
You guys really crack me up. I am sure some antagonists are itching to know what I want to write. Well, let me make it clear:
I have met the man TB Joshua.
He has prayed for me a couple of times (I don't remember how many times).
He has given me money for my upkeep a couple of times too.
I was a member of his church for close to 3 years.

I was attending the synagogue when the criticism was highest and it was sad to know that most of what the press was writing were false. He was said to be paying people to give testimonies? I am sure if it was true, he must have ran out of people in lagos by now or atleast , his agents must have approached you about coming to testify in the synagogue. The press is a joke.
They said the man never called the name of Jesus, blablabla;as far as i can remember, i never for once heard him exalt satan. I have some issues with the synagogue (however I shouldn't expect a church to suit every member) but I can not say he doesn't preach christ and since he preaches christ, I am okay with him because my bible tells me in philipians 1:18 "What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice".
Whether he is doing it sincerely or not is none of my business just like Paul said. It is God that will judge him on that great day.By the way, what gives you the impression that all the pastors and overseers will make heaven sef? Till we put aside doctrinal and denominational differences so as to seek JESUS CHRIST for who He is, we may never find God. I still pray the prayer of paul in Phillians 3:10 "that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,"

God bless you all.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by izoneb(f): 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2006
He has prayed for me a couple of times (I don't remember how many times).

Going by the way his miracles are portrayed he needs to blow air on you just once and all other things shall be added.
Y is he praying for u uncountable times so much so that u lost count?

1 Like

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by KDK(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2006
@ izoneb lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by izoneb(f): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2006
Whatever!!!!
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by ladykool(f): 11:29pm On Oct 07, 2006
@topic
i heard dat pator t.b jousha uses juju or wateva dats why is church is growing bigger and bigger everyday and also since some blacks ave known is truth they stop going to de church and is white people that is more in is church than black people undecided
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by lafile(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2006
most people who have authenticated tb joshua on this thread have done so based on the miracles. everybody talks about "the miracles of God." what about "the God of Miracles"? i have listened to him a few times on tv and honestly i no pick anything from the man. his teaching all seem rehearsed. this is my own personal opinion sha o! as some said " my spirit no just agree wit the man spirit". for me the Word is the most important factor. remember " He exalts his word above his name."

2 Likes

Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by enugu(f): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2006
[table]
lafile:

most people who have authenticated tb joshua on this thread have done so based on the miracles. everybody talks about "the miracles of God." what about "the God of Miracles"? i have listened to him a few times on tv and honestly i no pick anything from the man. his teaching all seem rehearsed. this is my own personal opinion sha o! as some said " my spirit no just agree wit the man spirit". for me the Word is the most important factor. remember " He exalts his word above his name."
[/table]

My brother,

That is what I have been saying, it's not about miracles, it is about God. I will keep my opinion of the man to myself . The most important thing is if your spirit agrees with him, fine; if not, then undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Backslider(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2006
Dear All, Read the Interview Pastor Tb Joshua Has with the Journalist. He said that he did not want to talk of His conversion. Why?

Anyway I have learnt not to Judge any Spirit that Calls Jesus The Son of Most High God. Any one that comes in the name of the Lord I will take him as such, but I shall watch out for the Tree and The fruits it bears thereof. How Do I know what type of fruit he bears.

True Test Of A man of God
listen to his preaching is it Holy? does it bear the fruit of the spirit. Humility Meekness, Goodness Kindness temperament Love Joy does his life direct you to Jesus alone. Does he say it words and deeds.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by Aggressa(m): 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2006
Backslider:

Dear All, Read the Interview Pastor Tb Joshua Has with the Journalist. He said that he did not want to talk of His conversion. Why? Anyway I have learnt not to Judge any Spirit that Calls Jesus The Son of Most High God. Any one that comes in the name of the Lord I will take him as such, but I shall watch out for the Tree and The fruits it bears thereof. How Do I know what type of fruit he bears.
True Test Of A man of God:
listen to his preaching is it Holy? does it bear the fruit of the spirit. Humility Meekness, Goodness Kindness temperament Love Joy does his life direct you to Jesus alone. Does he say it words and deeds.

@Backslider,
Preach it man!!!, I cannot but respect your exhortations. Keep it up, my brother.
Re: Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue by KDK(m): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2006
People tend to fear the guy 'because of the miracles which exceeds the imagination of majority of the world pastors. I see the man more of a challenge than anything else. If he is God's, I want to do more. If he is satan's I want to also exceed him. I belong to the class of people that believe in not just preaching the word of GOD but also demonstrating the power thereof[/color].
During the period I was in the church, I saw a few things that didn't fit. Infact, when i was in the uk sometime in July, a pastor ( white) whose members and elders go to the synagogue periodically asked me my opinion about the man and I told him how I truly felt about him.
I remember back then when some BLW members used to criticise me for attending the church. I kept telling them that I was there to observe and learn but that God will pull me out if need be. It was a great news for me when i heard Oyhakilome was there and has been a regular visitor. I wanted to go back to those guys and tell them I guess your pastor is an assistant to satan 'because T.B joshua was called satan. I no longer attend the synagogue but I learnt somethings there.The man could barely make a sentence in english back  and it is amazing to hear him speak now. [color=#000099]About the debt of the preachings, I must agree that he was far from deep but these can be due to a lot of factors, he preaches more on the practical side of christianity than theological sides. As a person whose foundations can be traced to a bible studying church, you will understand my discomfort at his superficial preachings till I started to drop this against his background.
The challenge is this, if this man can do these things through satan (if he is of satan), why can't men of God do it?[/color][color=#990000][/color] It is no longer a debate whether his miracles are farces or not' neither is it a debate if anyone can class the power he demonstrates. His miracles are not comparable with the contemporary guys in the healing and deliverance ministries.[color=#000099] The miracles were so powerful that antagonists called Him satan or the anti-christ 'because they believed he could actually call fire from heaven and with what I have seen, I do not doubt it. The fact remains that satan only does things that are counterfeit, if T.B Joshua is counterfeit then there must be an original so where is the original?But like earlier "posters" indicated, we should stop focusing on the miracles alone and also on the word. But have you guys ever taught about men of God who preach but can't demonstrate the power?
One of the criticms that used to be leveled against T.B Joshua was that he was not educated and as such God can not use him. It is ridiculous what some of these pastors said back then. I now wonder if those guys were actually pastors or just demos as I expected them to remember people like peter and more recently, Charles G Finney and Smith Wiggleswort who shook the world for God.
The church has had enough of word only and miracles only. It is great news that the prosperity preaching is loosing it's hold. People now want miracles but of what use is miracles without the word of God to seal it? I am waiting for the next move of the holyspirit and going back Smith Wiggleswort's prophesy on this move, it is the move where the word will be combined with the power as never seen before. i believe we are near that time. The bandwagon of God is about to move, if you don't jump on it now, you will only try to catch up with it.

In the kingdom of satan, they pay prices for power too so can you imagine what price T.B Joshua could have paid to operate at the level which he operates? (If he is of satan)
Contrary to what many think, power from God is not free, you have to pay the price for it so the quetion is this- who is the man willing to pay the price to be an extra-ordinary minister of God? It is not by power or by might but by my Spirit says the LORD.
I maintain my stand, whether the man is of God or not is not my business. What concerns me is that the level of power to which he operates must be exceeded. This is the time of the latter rain but where is the power? Someone please tell me, where is the power that was said to be in the latter rain?[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) / Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God / Pastor Obafemi Banigbe Resigns As A COZA Board Of Trustees Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.