Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (43059 Views)

Lady Makes Shorts With "Isi Agu": "This Is A Total Disrespect To Our Culture" / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by hemartins(m): 8:20am On Sep 21, 2015
Jamean:

.... You didn't check my dp undecided

hmmm. maybe you are an exception.
I will rate you 6 outta 10.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by hemartins(m): 8:22am On Sep 21, 2015
player007:

You obviously have been looking for them in wrong places.

the last time I was in Delta state, I was shocked
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Akposy(m): 8:29am On Sep 21, 2015
Goodboiyy. Is isoko not part of Delta? Huh?

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by asamaigho(m): 8:38am On Sep 21, 2015
Ioannes:

Ondo dialect. Ondo township.

itsekiri is very close to owo,ikare and ijebu language.

VERY GRATEFUL TO GOD DAT I AM ITSEKIRI.

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by asamaigho(m): 8:41am On Sep 21, 2015
mop4:
Proudly itsekiri sons amd daughters....

NO BE TEMISAN B DAT?....DATD MY FELLOW ENGR,BACK DEN IN UNIBEN.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by asamaigho(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2015
haul:

I'm not itsekiri but funny part I was able to read this part you posted

"Mo ki agha oma itsekiri dede yi gha nibe"

Which means "mo ki awa omo itsekiri dede ti(o) wa nibi"

Between I'm yoruba ooo, is this coincidence? Somebody educate me, I know ilaje is yoruba sha
but itsekiri I don't think so,pardon my naivety.

It sound more like the ijebu-yoruba sha,I stand to be corrected tho

U ARE VERY CORRECT,...ACTUALLY ITSEKIRI IS 70% ijebu,30% owo,.......cos i have neva seen an yoruba man dat doesnot understand itsekiri,and there is no itsekiri man dat doesnot understand yoruba.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by onome324(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2015
hemartins:
Proudly Deltan
uhrobo gurlz are just too ugly.
I'm sorry if I offend anyone
it's the simple truth.
U no get sense
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by haul: 8:56am On Sep 21, 2015
asamaigho:

U ARE VERY CORRECT,...ACTUALLY ITSEKIRI IS 70% ijebu,30% owo,.......cos i have neva seen an yoruba man dat doesnot understand itsekiri,and there is no itsekiri man dat doesnot understand yoruba.

But one itsekiri guy earlier said they aint yoruba naa? You guys are getting me confused
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Sabadon(m): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2015
a proud Deltan #i rep Anioma an Ika man to d marrow
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by asamaigho(m): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2015
onuwaje:

Itsekiris r NOT from yoruba.. ok

actually there have been a long misconception dat d itsekiris are are from benin,but dats light years from d truth,cos the itsekiri nation has been in existence befor d prince iginuwa came from benin,ode itsekiri,ureju,ode ugborodo,omadino communities e'tal has been in existence centuries before d bini prince arrival,....even my own grandfather,told me dat the ITSEKIRIs ARE RIVERINE YORUBAS,WHO STAYed CLOSE TO THE RIVER BANKS,BECAUSE OF THEIR KIND OF OCCUPATION,NAMELY FISHERY AND MERCHANDISE,.
NO WONDER (ALL) ITSEKIRI TOWNS AND VILLAGES ARE CLOSE A RIVER,FROM UGBOLOKPOSO,TO KOKO,FROM WARRI TO UGWANJA...

OSANGBERE DEDE.....
STILL MOURNING D GREAT KING D OLU OF WARRI
PROUDLY IWERE
PROUDLY WARRI.

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by alcuin(m): 9:03am On Sep 21, 2015
asamaigho:

actually there have been a long misconception dat d itsekiris are are from benin,but dats light years from d truth,cos the itsekiri nation has been in existence befor d prince iginuwa came from benin,ode itsekiri,ureju,ode ugborodo,omadino communities e'tal has been in existence centuries before d bini prince arrival,....even my own grandfather,told me dat the ITSEKIRIs ARE RIVERINE YORUBAS,WHO STAYed CLOSE TO THE RIVER BANKS,BECAUSE OF THEIR KIND OF OCCUPATION,NAMELY FISHERY AND MERCHANDISE,.
NO WONDER (ALL) ITSEKIRI TOWNS AND VILLAGES ARE CLOSE A RIVER,FROM UGBOLOKPOSO,TO KOKO,FROM WARRI TO UGWANJA...

OSANGBERE DEDE.....
PROUDLY IWERE
PROUDLY WARRI.

The Olu of Itsekiri. ....not Warri.

Thank you and let's not quarrel. One love.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by oyinpr(m): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2015
Haaaaa izon!!! Izon keme emi aaaa!! Una doo ooo,proudly bayelsan..I love my ijaw and niger deltan brother...God bless Niger Delta God bless Nigeria #Manage

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by onuwaje(m): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2015
asamaigho:

OSANGBERE DEDE.....
PROUDLY IWERE
PROUDLY WARRI.

@bolded...

There were communities independent as fishing settlements..

The itsekiri nation was born when iginuwa came!
Before iginuwa there was nothing like itsekiri

Below are excerpts from itsekiricanada.com

History reveals that in several waves of migration before the 15th Century, and some a little later, groups from Igala in Nupe country came in through the creeks; Yoruba from ljebu-Ode, Akure and Owo found their way into parts of the Kingdom and a group from Aboh also came in. Some along the coast came in through Gulani/Amatu.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by dejavski(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2015
haul:

Half ijebu man by maternal, well that's true like the "dede" word. Will read up on edekiri, history is interesting though.

Between your signature is weird, hypocrites are everywhere.

We'll true talk @ what u said about the signature but if you really do a survey you'll find out that am saying it based on facts
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by onuwaje(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2015
alcuin:

Una go just dey find quarrel. U r not even from any of the. 3 warri LGA u go dey meddle in affairs wen nr consign u
Na wa o
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Macelliot(m): 9:36am On Sep 21, 2015
Jamean:

You don come angry

Must you mention Igbo
Seriously, no joke..
I know she is Urhobo, but she looks like Igbo 100%..
Ask a Yoruba or an Hausa who she resembles in cultural appearance, they won't waste a single seconds to tell you she is Igbo...
My Gf is Urhobo.. Similar resemblance in culture and language..
E.g Obara means blood in both Igbo and Urhobo..

Omugo which means "nursing one's newly born grand-child" is used both in Igbo and Urhobo...

And Many More......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by asamaigho(m): 9:40am On Sep 21, 2015
onuwaje:

@bolded...

There were communities independent as fishing settlements..

The itsekiri nation was born when iginuwa came!
Before iginuwa there was nothing like itsekiri

Below are excerpts from itsekiricanada.com

History reveals that in several waves of migration before the 15th Century, and some a little later, groups from Igala in Nupe country came in through the creeks; Yoruba from ljebu-Ode, Akure and Owo found their way into parts of the Kingdom and a group from Aboh also came in. Some along the coast came in through Gulani/Amatu.

if u say warri kingdom was born with d irrival of iginuwa,i will aggre wit u,but d iwere nation has always been in existence,that is y until recently,ugbangwe and ugborodo were autonomos communities.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by asamaigho(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2015
alcuin:

there is no need for quarrel,but get ur facts right.
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN OLU OF WARRI,AND IT WILL REMAIN SO......deal with it,cos there is nuffin u guys can do abt it.

not even gov. james ibori(an urhobo) nor former president jonthan(an ijaw),could do anything about it,......i pity u.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by londoner: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2015
I love the beads.....also can we leave people to celebrate and showcase their culture without Yoruba or Igbo being mentioned?
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2015
Proudly Urhobo!.......Thank God for the PEACE IN WARRI,may this peace continue among the three indigenous tribes of Warri: Urhobos,Ijaws and the Itsekiris.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by onuwaje(m): 9:58am On Sep 21, 2015
asamaigho:

if u say warri kingdom was born with d irrival of iginuwa,i will aggre wit u,but d iwere nation has always been in existence,that is y until recently,ugbangwe and ugborodo were autonomos communities.
Yea..
That's why lack of documentation is d cause
http://ngr.ng/pre-ginuwa-history-of-itsekiri/
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by mop4: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2015
asamaigho:

NO BE TEMISAN B DAT?....DATD MY FELLOW ENGR,BACK DEN IN UNIBEN.

Yes o boss..... Ur eye sharp o
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by asamaigho(m): 10:16am On Sep 21, 2015
mop4:

Yes o boss..... Ur eye sharp o

naxo...olori edema
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Jamean(f): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2015
Macelliot:

Seriously, no joke..
I know she is Urhobo, but she looks like Igbo 100%..
Ask a Yoruba or an Hausa who she resembles in cultural appearance, they won't waste a single seconds to tell you she is Igbo...
My Gf is Urhobo.. Similar resemblance in culture and language..
E.g Obara means blood in both Igbo and Urhobo..

Omugo which means "nursing one's newly born grand-child" is used both in Igbo and Urhobo...

And Many More......

Ok. Have a good day angry
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by check4elems: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2015
GboyegaD:
Beautiful people, awesome culture, and a great nation.

Proudly Deltan, we are naturally blessed by God
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by joory1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
I am very proud of my people,my culture and my state. indeed we are the good people.
Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
@Onuwaje, @Spanishkid thanks for Your Contributions.. really Appreciate..

#Proudly Itsekiri/Urhobo..
May God Strengthen our Unity...
Amen

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
Jamean:

Ok. Have a good day angry

Just ignore that guy.. Usual NL madness.. Haven't heard of Such Joke b4.. That Urhobo Re 100% Igbo.. I wonder wen this people go get sense.. be it food, Culture, Lifestyle, Clothing, Behavior, Nothing is common b/w dem..

Na wa

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Akposy:
Goodboiyy.
Is isoko not part of Delta? Huh?

Oniovo biko wor gu' or

Urhobo v'i Isoko ovi'or vo na..

am creating another thread abt our People, I will Include Isoko .. Sorry if this upset u.. 1 Luv..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
DBriteLitehouse:
Proudly Urhobo!.......Thank God for the PEACE IN WARRI,may this peace continue among the three indigenous tribes of Warri: Urhobos,Ijaws and the Itsekiris.

I need more of This..

So happy
. God bless Nairaland
God bless The Big Three

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
onuwaje:

Una go just dey find quarrel. U r not even from any of the. 3 warri LGA u go dey meddle in affairs wen nr consign u
Na wa o

They re nt even from Urhobo, Ijaw or Itsekiri, Trying to create confusion, I dey Online to Destroy there plan.. most of dem re nt from SS.. Evil people that don't like our unity,

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
@ Goodboiyy
GOOD THREAD smiley
God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Badirat Olaitan Ajoke Adeyemi Celebrates Her 29th Birthday With Adorable Photos / Canada At 150: Ooni Of Ife & Wife Land In Canada. See How They Were Received / Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi’s Palace & Golden Throne (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.