Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,699 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil (2481 Views)

Reward For Moslem Women / "jesus Came To A Moslem When Everyone Else Has Left Him To Die” / Jack Straw Versus The Veil Of Aisha Bint Talha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by dayokanu(m): 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2006
Jack Straw said Muslim women who wore full veils made community relations more difficult."I felt uncomfortable about talking to someone 'face to face' who I could not see," he wrote

This is someone' comment on the issue
Having worked in Saudi Arabia for 2 years I find there is a case of double standards here.
Western woman entering into Saudi Arabia are required by law to cover themselves and sometimes cover their heads. ID cards given to non-muslims are different in colour to those given to Muslims meaning that dicrimination is rife. EXPATRIATES also have to conform to strict laws during Ramadan and Prayer Times, so are we really asking alot to politely ask a veiled lady to remove it so that she can be heard in a Christian country?

David Walker, Northampton
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2006
@Dayokanu: Long time my friend. What Jack Straw is saying really, is that Muslim women should disrobe so that he and the others can see what they have real desire to see. What happens to the phrase that it is the brain of the woman not the body or the beauty?
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Aggressa(m): 3:04am On Oct 07, 2006
olabowale:

@Dayokanu: Long time my friend. What Jack Straw is saying really, is that Muslim women should disrobe so that he and the others can see what they have real desire to see. What happens to the phrase that it is the brain of the woman not the body or the beauty?

What you see above is very shallow statement; and a reflection of the ignorance that pervades among a lot of fundamentalists in the islamic community who will rather keep women in perpetual bondage. In Britain, as in most developed world, community relation, integration and conversation has to do with the face as well as vocal communication. What is it that 'they have real desire to see'? I wonder why a lot of people in islam behave like the 'gay community', say something that disagree with their paradigm of thinking and they are ready to call you 'racist and islamophobic', just like the gays will scream 'homophobia' at the slightest opportunity. What we are seeing in UK among the very minority muslims are a group of people who are not ready to integrate themselves into the community but rather will live separate lives. Jack Straw has just said the opinion of the majority of peoples in UK (according to poll conducted by BBC) about muslims; they want to live here, benefit from the system and community but live a separate life disregarding the way of life in the community. This is a multi-ethnic, multicultural, multireligous community founded on the Christianity- a relfection of the tolerance of Christianity- and muslims need to understand that by learning to live in a modern world. We wonder when a woman dressed as 'ojuju calabar' goes to the airport, or to the bank or shop-lifts, or goes for driving test or want to acquire passport, how will she be identified.? People need to wake up and start thinking with their brain and not their hormones.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 07, 2006
olabowale:

I fail to make any sense of your hypocritical diatribe. You mean of all the millions of white females parading London streets, Jack Straw is only fixated on the minority of women who hide themselves behind oppressive clothing and ideology in the name of freedom of expression?
So, it is an offence for the man who issues passports, the one who issues driver's licenses and those in charge of airport security to demand oppressed women take off their veils for identification?

What really do we have the "desire to see"? Osama bn Laden's wives? Women walking around pretending to be free yet are held bondage to a fraud?
And the same muslim men are free to prey on Jack Straw's fellow white women while keeping their own wives from the "preying" eyes of the likes of Jackie?

And you dear hypocrite, how did you meet your own wive(s)? By seeing their brains and not their bodies? Do you fools forget that it is not by force to live in the UK and USA? These are multicultural christian nations that appreciate the freedom of expression, the very reason the likes of you can sit back at your computer in NY blowing hot air about infidels and apes!
If pakistanis in the UK are not happy about being forced to remove their robes, may we suggest they take the nearest flight back to Islamabad? I'm sure the British Govt ably championed by Jack Straw himself would only be too pleased to finance their return to their 18th century caves!

We and all other westerners are tired of intolerant islamists who want to benefit from western benevolence while attempting to foist their own ways of life on their hosts! And of course anytime we point it out to them they suddenly label us islamophobes!
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 3:22am On Oct 07, 2006
@Havila: It is you who has failed to think with your brain. Amongst the British whites, Asiatics and blacks, you have Muslims. I guessit has not registered inyour mind that the women are making a conscious choice to veil themselves from people like you. You have to see the face and the body of a person before you can fully communicate, right? Shame. Would you expose any of your woman folks to sexual vultures, potential sexual criminals, who are only waiting for the right opportunity to do their evil deeds?

England is a multiculture and multireligion society. How then do you discard Islam, when the Nuns wear their garments and the sihks wear their headwraps?

You must really be a disgenuious and hypocritical in your reasoning. You need to start to do better.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 07, 2006
olabowale:

@Havila: It is you who has failed to think with your brain. Amongst the British whites, Asiatics and blacks, you have Muslims. I guessit has not registered inyour mind that the women are making a conscious choice to veil themselves from people like you. You have to see the face and the body of a person before you can fully communicate, right? Shame. Would you expose any of your woman folks to sexual vultures, potential sexual criminals, who are only waiting for the right opportunity to do their evil deeds?

England is a multiculture and multireligion society. How then do you discard Islam, when the Nuns wear their garments and the sihks wear their headwraps?

You must really be a disgenuious and hypocritical in your reasoning. You need to start to do better.

Just shut up! Your warped theory does not hold water at all! Nuns wear their garments and sikhs were wraps but at least we can see their faces and WE CAN IDENTIFY THEM! Besides they dont employ knee-jerk violent reactions to force us to kow tow to their every whims and caprices!
Where are the sexual vultures you mention? What of the millions of women who walk the streets of London everyday? Have they all been raped and molested?

And before shallow minded folks like you begin to blow this out of proportion, all Jack Straw asked is to be able to SEE the FACES of the women he is supposed to be representing, i doubt he would be bothered about their bodies!
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Aggressa(m): 3:40am On Oct 07, 2006
@This old man wallowing in ignorance and hatred called Uncle Olabowale,
what is your problem? do you think it is everybody who think women are only sexual toys like you fundamentalist muslims? who are the real sexual vultures here? is it not you muslims who will rather keep a harem of unfortunate women in ninja-hoods and still be philandering around town because you are permitted plenty of women in islam. Who told you they are wearing it of their own will, if he refuses, then she is labelled as unislamic, what sort of sill choice are you giving.? What has happened to the million of beautiful women walking around, who has raped them?
My dear old man, people are busy working and buiiding communities here, there are plenty of women walking around with their face open for all to see, contributing to the development of community. Nobody is disregarding Islam in this multi-religious society, it is islam and muslims who are disregarding everybody else. The religion of Islam is stuck in the past because unintelligent, sexual-terrorists like yourself will rather prefer the women in bondage in other to fulfil your sexual fantasies on them after all that is what they are for, abi?, according to number one terrorist Muhammed (piss be upon him) You are not relevant, Olabowale, and you stopped making sense long time ago.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by GL(f): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2006
it makes sense, really. if non-muslims have to behave like muslims in muslim countries, then muslims should also behave like citizens of their host countries. muslims are free to practice their religion in many western countries, but christians cant even carry bibles in public in muslim countries.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2006
GL:

it makes sense, really. if non-muslims have to behave like muslims in muslim countries, then muslims should also behave like citizens of their host countries. muslims are free to practice their religion in many western countries, but christians can't even carry bibles in public in muslim countries.

Dear, that is the hypocrisy we face in our world! Have you seen the American and European journalists who travel to Islamic countries? They all have to weah hijabs and yet not one of us is kicking stones in protest yet. The animals have large mosques in Rome, London and the USA, yet no churches are allowed even in tiny dirt-poor Zamfara!
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2006
@Haavila: Fortunately, you don't know me. So your calling me a sexual terrost is your just shooting of the mouth. May be I am unitelligent. Sometimes, it is good. I am learning from you not to do anything that comes from you. All those things are evil and I do not want to suffer the safe fate as you. That is if you die in the station of mind that you are in, presently.

Let me tell you something, did you forget the several multitude of women that fought for their right to keep the Hijab in turkey? I guess, you are so wrapped up in your falsehood not to remember that. What a selective memory!

I have not worn a short pant since my college days. That was even for a passing fad, the ignorance days in old USA. You talked about shoplifting as if it is muslim problem. But you would not mind the whole neighborhood to be gorking at your sister, your aunt, your niece or your wife. Yes, you will like that, even if she does not feel good about it. You have to force her to disrobe. Good for you, Havila. What kind of a name is that. African or it is is your Jewish name, abi.

I do not want to be funny, but you need to reflect on what you say. I think the blood is boiling in your body so you are itching for a fight. God may count among those who talk itt of the prophets, if you continue without changing. When you insult one prophet (AS), you really insult all of them, including Jesus (AS). You have falsely claim for him a role he never claims for himself.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2006
olabowale:

I have not worn a short pant since my college days. That was even for a passing fad, the ignorance days in old USA. You talked about shoplifting as if it is muslim problem. But you would not mind the whole neighborhood to be gorking at your sister, your aunt, your niece or your wife. Yes, you will like that, even if she does not feel good about it. You have to force her to disrobe. Good for you, Havila. What kind of a name is that. African or it is is your Jewish name, abi.

Who is gawking (yes that's the correct spelling you illiterate!) at my sister and aunt? You must be living on another planet! Before Islam came to Africa, your ancestors were not even covering their breasts, how many of them were gawked at and raped by your fathers? You are a shame to mankind, that you cannot comfortably chat with a woman without gawking? Millions of women walk around each day, we have not stopped to gawk or rape them! If you have problems curtailing your libido then that is your problem! You may as well wear a veil too to prevent gawking! And is "disrobing" the same as NOT wearing a veil?

olabowale:

I do not want to be funny, but you need to reflect on what you say. I think the blood is boiling in your body so you are itching for a fight. God may count among those who talk itt of the prophets, if you continue without changing. When you insult one prophet (AS), you really insult all of them, including Jesus (AS). You have falsely claim for him a role he never claims for himself.

No sir! It is you fraudulent idol worshippers who claim false roles for Jesus in order to give your occult practices some measure of credibility! Jesus was and WILL NEVER be on the same plane as that murderer called Mohammed. One day your insolent knees will bow to HIM!
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Aggressa(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2006
olabowale:

@Haavila: I have not worn a short pant since my college days. That was even for a passing fad, the ignorance days in old USA. You talked about shoplifting as if it is muslim problem. But you would not mind the whole neighborhood to be gorking at your sister, your aunt, your niece or your wife. Yes, you will like that, even if she does not feel good about it. You have to force her to disrobe. Good for you, Havila. What kind of a name is that. African or it is is your Jewish name, abi

@Olabowale,
If you want to know the meaning of Havila, you will have to read and research it. Anyway, you've confirmed beyond reasonable doubts, and in your ignorance, that you and your fellow muslim men are sexual-terrorists. Do you think it is everybody who goes about with nothing else to do than to be 'gawking' (note the correct spelling) at faces of women? Why is it that old muslim men like you think more with your 'pelvic' region than with the thing inside the skull, sir? Are you saying you cannot control yourself? That is the same reason there is serious difficulty in getting young muslim girls to school because sexual-terrorists like you will rather have them hooded-up in your harem than allow them to contribute meaninfully to the society. We are not asking them to take of their clothes, just let us see your face, to be able to identify you and integrate you into the community; that is clearly against the selfish wishes and fetish desires of old sex-pests like you, who will rather prefer otherwise. Other peoples shoplift and they are caught by CCTV, but when the jobless women in 'hoods' come to the stores on the high streets in london and pilfer expensive things, they can't be identifed talkless of being caught. Why wont they shoplift, they are kept indoors like animals, dont work and have no money but definitely love good things. Is that not repression to your feeble old mind? Did you not see how the women in Afghanistan rejoiced following the routing of your fellow Talliban-brothers? And who knows, one of your adherent male followers of Muhammed (piss be upon him) will dress up as a female 'hoodie' only to avoid detection at airport and blow people up. Nobody asked them to disrobe, only show your faces in this modern society, simple. You cannot live in a country with total disregard for the values of that community, that is irresponsible but you dont know the meaning of responsibility in a free society.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2006
I totally agree.
It should be a law to disallow the hooding,peep hole regalia.
For security reasons,I should be able to see the face of the person sitting next to me on the train or airport,I may need to describe him or herto the authorities someday.
Anyway at the airport security they have no choice,the face must be seen mohammed or no mohammed.

It is scary in a modern soceity to bump into them.

So true @havila,the Afghan women celebrated the end of the forced masquerading era.
Olabowole maybe you did not know that.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2006
Interesting article by a Muslim woman from Yemen.
see the last paragraph,a quote from the koran in her own assertive way.

Take Off the Veil, Sister

"I call on you, my Muslim sister, to take off the veil. This is an honest call,  Its intention is not to defile you, nor to encourage you to [moral] lassitude. I call on you to exercise [free] thought and to use your own mind.

"You and your mind are sufficient. There is no need to search in books and in history, and there is no need to consult the opinions of the commentators,  I request that you listen to my words and judge them without suspecting my intentions. After that, you are free. Free to choose [for yourself], to [shape] your own fate, and to do as you wish. You are your own master. You alone. No one but you has custody over you. After [you consider my words], don the veil or take it off - I will respect your decision. Ultimately, the decision must be yours, 

"The wearing of the hijab in the Islamic world actually began with the Islamic Revolution in Iran, which made the veil obligatory for women - after the clerics succeeded in turning the tables on the middle class and the leftist groups, who paid with their blood to end the rule of the Shah Muhammad Reza Pahlavi. Since this revolution was the first true awakening in the region, it was considered by many to be an example worthy of imitation - both [the revolution itself] and the garb that the women began to wear, 

"Another well-known factor is the increase in oil [sales], which enabled Saudi Arabia and wealthy Saudis to provide financial aid for the dissemination of Wahhabi Islamic religious propaganda, and to set up a gigantic media network which emphasized daily that the veil was obligatory. This religious Islamic propaganda meshed with the thinking of the Muslim Brotherhood and with the [thinking] of the Arab and Islamic parties that grew out of it. As a result, a new and strange kind of thinking spread through Muslim society, changing many [previous] behaviors and perceptions."

The Veil is a Political Issue

"The veil is, therefore, a political issue. In two countries [Iran and Saudi Arabia], the political elite rules in the name of religion, and strives to propagate its own model [of Islam] - while at the same time [using religion] to guarantee the legitimacy [of its rule]. Both these countries imposed the wearing of the veil on women, presenting it as a sign of piety, whether the women wanted to [wear it] or not.

"[It is should be noted that] the sole aim of Muslim Brotherhood's way of thinking is to take political power. However, since [this movement] uses religion as its justification, it also has to provide an example of [proper] 'Islamic behavior', , and '[Islamic] dress' is a central part of this.

"The veil, then, is a political issue,  yet the arguments and the methods used to convince women that there is an obligation [to wear the veil] have taken three forms,  The first argument claims that when a woman wears the veil, she covers up her feminine curves and protects men from licentiousness. The second argument claims that when a woman wears the veil, she helps to establish a good society. The third argument claims that it is, in essence, a religious [duty].

"The first argument is based on the assumption that the Arab man is a lecherous animal that cannot control its urges, and therefore, one must be on guard against it. [The Arab man's] thoughts are controlled by sex, and therefore he cannot be relied on, and the woman's [seductive] parts must be covered in order to protect him from the devil inside him. This premise is unfair to the Arab man, whom we know as a brother, as a father, as a husband, and as a human being. He is capable of treating a woman as a human being, and not as a commodity to be used for pleasure. He is capable of controlling his urges - even though they exist and he is aware of their existence - just as a woman is capable of doing so, "

A Woman Can Elicit a Man's Respect by Her Behavior, Not by Covering Up

"This first argument also includes a humiliating premise about women, since it portrays the woman as nothing more than a sex tool - not as a human being but as [a collection of] private parts. She isn't [considered] a noble or thinking being, but rather a being whose every body part arouses urges, and which consists entirely of sexual parts - [including] her voice, her hair, and her body,  This argument disregards the fact that a woman can cause a man, and anyone [else] around her, to respect her through her behavior and her attitude towards others, and not by covering her head and her body, "

The Religious Argument for Wearing the Veil is the Weakest of Them All

"The second argument is based the premise that there is a connection between wearing the veil and the establishment of a good society. According to this logic, a good society is one in which no intimate relations take place out of wedlock. However, this premise is at best mistaken, since, as a matter of fact, the societies that mandate the wearing of the veil and insist on segregation of the sexes are not those in which sex out of wedlock is least common. On the contrary, the forced segregation [of the sexes] has led to homosexual relations, as indicated by studies which show that the wearing of the veil in Arab and Islamic societies has not prevented some of the girls from having [sexual] relations out of wedlock. After that, they usually have surgery to reconstruct the hymen.

"The third argument rests on the premise that [Islam] has a firm position on the issue of the veil, while the fact is that there are many [different] religious texts on the subject. This abundance [of religious texts] has always existed. You, [the Muslim woman,] can read the texts for yourself, and need no intermediary. [When you read them] you will see that not only is there an abundance of texts, but that they also have numerous interpretations, 

"As a matter of fact, the third argument, which claims that it is religion that imposes wearing the veil on women, is the weakest argument, since we never heard it before the late 1970s, and we didn't see it implemented until the orthodox interpretation of Islam became the most prevalent interpretation in the Arab and Muslim world.

"[b]This is the rationale upon which I base my call to you. I implore you to consider my words and my request. I am not calling on you to stop praying, fasting, or believing in Allah. I call on you to take off the veil,  I will respect your decision, whatever it may be. But ultimately, be yourself - a woman, and not [a collection of] private parts."[/b]Endnote:
(1) www.metransparent.com , April 4, 2006.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Like

Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2006
a part of he article above.

The first argument is based on the assumption that the Arab man is a lecherous animal that cannot control its urges, and therefore, one must be on guard against it. [The Arab man's] thoughts are controlled by sex, and therefore he cannot be relied on, and the woman's [seductive] parts must be covered in order to protect him from the devil inside him. This premise is unfair to the Arab man, whom we know as a brother, as a father, as a husband, and as a human being. He is capable of treating a woman as a human being, and not as a commodity to be used for pleasure. He is capable of controlling his urges - even though they exist and he is aware of their existence - just as a woman is capable of doing so, "
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 07, 2006
exactly the same sentiment was voiced by a white Briton who said the sudden wearing of veils became a phenomenon only after the 1970s!
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Aggressa(m): 1:41am On Oct 08, 2006
@Babyosisi,
Thanks for this article, interesting piece: I've copied it and sending to a number of my muslim colleagues. But I seriously think that the phrase ",,,,,,Arab men,,,,,,," in the article should have been replaced with ",,,,,,,,Muslim men,,,,,,,". The issue is not peculiar to arab muslim men alone but to all muslim men generally especially the likes of Olabowale, Belloti, Firdau4u and co who cannnot control their sexual urges and believe that women are mere collection of sexual parts or sex tools, unintelligent and only good for pleasure of their men. The article just emphasised our various posts on this issue. I wont be surprised to read a response from one of them 'fundamentalists' claiming the writer was possesed by the devil for expressing herself.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 3:29am On Oct 08, 2006
@Babyosisi and havila: First, Babyosisi, this is your entry to in support of unclothedness. The argument of the Yemeni writer is very poor. You see falsehood in it.

As a young man in Nigeria, I saw women wearing Hijab, of all types. From the ordinary Hijab to the Nikab type that is commanded on the wives of Muhammad (AS). It shows that the Yemeni woman, either just woke up from a deep slumber, or a hypocrite. The condition of the hypocrite is worse than that of outright Kufar.

The article claimed that 1979 revolution in Iran, is the beginning of the wearing of Hijab in Islam. You and her and all that belive the article, like Havila failed to consider that the revelation of Hijab is in the Qur'an! Qur'an was revealed over 14 centuaries ago. Hello! Is anybody home? You will read in Suratul Mumimun and Azhab about Hijab. Go ahead, read. maybe God will let guidance come to your hearts and you will finally stop your making me trying to wipe clean my shoes.

@Havila; Maybe you need to get married. you have a bentup anger in you. You will at least have some soft side to your rough edge. You see, if I never have another relation, I will not say that i have not lived a life! I have a lot on my plate and sex is a very tiny part of my life.

God led me to this website to do a job for the cause of Islam. At least, i can be the antidote to your poison. there is no free lunch here. Your free ride was over when my Lord and your lord directed me to nairaland. You want to go to hellfire, worshipping a man, go ahead. But you will not have a free range to convince any one, except those in your team. God will help me and the muslims to speak the truth. we will counter and reveal your lies.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Aggressa(m): 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi and havila: First, Babyosisi, this is your entry to in support of unclothedness. The argument of the Yemeni writer is very poor. You see falsehood in it. As a young man in Nigeria, I saw women wearing Hijab, of all types. From the ordinary Hijab to the Nikab type that is commanded on the wives of Muhammad (AS). It shows that the Yemeni woman, either just woke up from a deep slumber, or a hypocrite. The condition of the hypocrite is worse than that of outright Kufar.

@Havila; Maybe you need to get married. you have a bentup anger in you. You will at least have some soft side to your rough edge. You see, if I never have another relation, I will not say that i have not lived a life! I have a lot on my plate and sex is a very tiny part of my life.
,,,,,,, At least, i can be the antidote to your poison. there is no free lunch here.

@ALL,
Did I not say one of them will come up and attack the writer of the article posted by Babyosisi rather than give any sensible rejoinder to counter the article,,,,,,,well today has my prophesy been fulfilled!! grin grin grin. I can see you are good at plagiarism, since I told you before that I am the antidote to your poison and bullying on Nairaland,,,,,,oh sorry I forgot, you spend your entire sorry life reading the ultimate guide to plagiarism called Quran. The correct expression is 'pent-up anger' and not bentup anger, bros grin. Sex is a tiny part of your life indeed, no wonder you are already fantasizing about continuing your lasciviousness-i.e. extreme sexual pervesion- in your own 'heaven' going by your previous description of the 'islamic heaven' where sex is free for all. Oga, sex has consumed your entire thoughts that's why you cant stand seeing women with there faces uncovered because you dont know what you might do, how do you survive the summer in New York with all the 'sisters' in your face? How have you been controlling your urges? Yeye, old sex-pest/sex terrorist!
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Havila: The truth is that you have a disdain for truth. Covering is prescribed in the Qur'an and it is pre-Iranian Islamic revolution. Probably, you never knew that. When I say bentup, I mean it in the form of out of shape, but in this case it is tranformed into anger. I guess your decayed brain can handle it.

You already answered your own question. Maybe it was a rethoric in nature. On one hand, you call me the sex maniac, immediately on the other, you asked how I cope with summer in NYC. The question is how do you cope, since your interest is to see women naked always? You see, young blood, if I do not have any relationship, until death comes to me, I am alright. I have lived, up to this time a full life. Glory belong to God alone. However, I still have a full chapter of life in my future. God the Almighty Allah willing.

You see, it is very easy for you to accept liesas truth, as long it fits your agenda.I wonder how you cope with yourself, knowing fully well, that you are filthy. You, inside and out must be repugnant. However you cloth yourself, your stench is reaching all over the world. God and His Angels are witnesses to your evil. So are the believing male and female who read your low life entries. In a minute you will claim that I am plagirising you. How can I do that when I have alive longer than you. You had claimed this yourself, your youth and all. In yourubaland, they say; Omode ko le lasho, ko ni akisa ju agbalagba . How it it that I will ever copy you, when I dislike your morals? It is impossible. But only in your mind. Your mind must be playing tricks on you.

If I learn that you do anything, I will do the opposite. I know that you will be in the wrong. Maybe when you convert to Islam, then we may have something in common. Your interest, until then will be the antithesis of mine.

If you see Yeye, you will run. Your type I know. Always afraid to step to the plate, when it comes to crunch time.I know that I have to be basic with you, now. I realise that your elevator may not be reaching the top floors.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2006
Thank God some Africans have the same concerns too.

Liberia: Police Warns Muslim Women Against Veil"

("The Inquirer," July 21, 2006)

Monrovia, Liberia - Police Director, Munnah Sieh, has warned the public including women from the Islamic faith, against wearing veil when moving on the streets or other public places in the country.

Director Sieh said at this time when terrorism is so high across the world, such a practice will not be tolerated in the country.

The female police chief issued the warning yesterday when she appeared as a live studio guest on the radio talk show 50-50, broadcast on SKY FM Radio.

Commenting further on the issue, Director Sieh said if a woman from the Islamic faith has a husband that is jealous for which, they usually wear veils, such a husband should make sure that he has everything in the house for his wife so that she can not get on the street wearing any veil.

She said this is a preventive measure as the practice of wearing veils may be used by others to cause problem for the public.

Director Sieh added that from now, the police would not tolerate the practice for the safety of the public and therefore admonished those identified with the practice to stay away from the public.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by enugu(f): 12:16am On Oct 09, 2006
Would we be allowed to dress the way we like in a muslim country, I don't think so. Even in Kaduna, just next door here, you couldnot walk pass the late Sheikh Gumi's compound if you wore a skirt; his goons would chase you with their horse whips. I remember we used to walk pass there in our school uniforms just for the fun of it grin grin ( and then we did not even wear short skirts; they were well below the knee.

So we could argue this issue from now till kingdom come, the muslims on this site would just argue right back. No point if you ask me. Even if you catch them breaking the laws of their holy book, they [i]will stil[/i]l find some excuse for it.

You can't criticise them or their religion without getting your head bitten off or getting excuses, excuses, excuses. I've asked them variously in other threads for simple explanations/answers but all I get is rigmarole after rigmarole.

So let's wait and see what their excuse reply will be this time. I can assure you, it won't be long in coming grin
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 09, 2006
doesn't allah know best?
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2006
@Babyosisi: Amongst the Muslims, the leadership and followership, are ridduled with true believers, ignorant believers and those who are hypocriticals. This is the condition of humanity, in general. From amongst the christians, you have those who believe Jesus is god, some say that he is son of god and yet some do not believe any of the two labels. But the call themselves christians. Each group having foundamental differences from others. Yet in the Jewish group, you have those Jews who eat pork and all the forbidden things in their dietary law.

Just because Liberia police chief who is a woman says that her government will not tolerate the Veil of the Muslim woman, does not actually make the edict right. The majority can be wrong. most often it is. The only one who is right is God. God's laws through His prophets (AS) is right. What you people fail to realise is that God's law, is always supreme. No matter the number of people practising this law of God, they are always the majority in the eye of Allah, the Almighty. When you are with God, you are the majority.

Your question, is Allah always know best? Yes. Allah is the best of the Knowers. But to those whose hearts are deseased, their ears are devoid of ability to receive sound and their eyes can not allow the light to penetrate them, then this people will go about doubting. Yet, there is that day that they will certainly meet their Lord. Allah is full of power, might.

Babyosisi, you do not have to ask questions that will show your weaknesses to the rest of the threaders. Is Chineke always knows best? Yes. He Chineke is God. I guess that the word Allah is foreign to you. Yet, you and everyone of us know very little about the knowledge of the universe. How then do you doubt your Creator? You may never become a Muslim. But you do not have to be nasty about the way you seek knowledge or give knowledge, also. Do not be like that Donkey of a man. His brays is the loudest. A Doctor who does not know that male and female seminal fluid have water base. That after the fusion of the sperm to the egg, you have changes from this to poddle of blood, then to leechlike flesh. from this, you have the development of the bones mixing with the flesh which is later clothed by skin. This is the early stage, which you call first first trimester.

If the muslims are not in this low state in their faith, there is no way that thrr community will have the leadership and followership that we see from the time of Spanish inquisition. All of you have conveniently forgotten that it is this same Muslim community, that the Coptic christians called to save them from the yoke of oppression that they experienced from the hand of the Roman catholic and its papacy.

As you had mentioned in your recent entry that the woman is veiled and the woman is in short, this may be true in the Arabia and amongst the arabs. However, in America, where I have come to understand Islam, I do not see that among the Americans. No one forces his woman to wear Hijab. I do not walk around exposing by forbidden part. I cover, as properly as approprate. So are the individual Muslims that I know. Some of them are Nigerians,as well. We do not go about gorking at naked women. Contrary to that dead weight of a man's assertion.

I will continue to pray for you and them and all of mankind. No one, presently alive is without any sin. Of course, the christians will claim that they are filled with holy ghost. Yet, they are the ones who will drink alcohol. I always ask myself, how can alcohol and holiness be occupying a body at the same time. Evilness and goodness can not be dominating a body at the same time. However there is delusional statements. So the one who is drinking and claim that there is holiness inside him/her must have been fooled by the devil who makes it seemingly so.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Aggressa(m): 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2006
@Olabowale,
If anybody want's to know the literal meaning of 'idiotic', they should simply read your contributions. You really really epitomise the universal concept of 'shallow reasoning'.
You are just a good picture of what has come to characterise the 'islamic world': a bundle of confused peoples who behave like toodlers throwing tantrums at the slightest opportunity, not ready to reason with everybody else. But now that people are tired of your selfishness and violence and confront you, you claim persecution on one hand, justify violence on the other.
Instead of showing how an individual dressed up like 'Ojuju calabar' can have any meaningful contribution to community relationship and development in a modern world (sorry you guys are still in 1472), you are busy ranting about how christians drink alcohol, about how paedophile Muhammed (piss be upon him) discovered embryology etc. Dont you sound stupid to yourself, this old scoundrel!! If you dont, then you have serious issues, man!!
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Pain(m): 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2006
@Davidlyan,
U Know What? U R D Bomb. I never fail to read your constructive submissions on this forum. Clearly Cut , Delivered and Right on Point.

We are indeed tired of those double standard folks who always want to eat their cake and have it.

I mean the same nation they refer as a nation of infidels, The Beast, The Great Satan{Shitan} is the same nation they can't do without. See how they still clamour for US Green Cards!!!

I'm tired of these folks that come out to criticise western way of life, while still cladded in 3 piece suits, leveraging on western technologies, yet still having their refrigerators and shelves stuffed up with western groceries and movies.!!

What the hell!! Why do some people always bite the fingers that feed them. If America & Britain are a nation of infidels. Then please conduct a mass exodus back home to the desert!!

Rightly Said the've been left behind, they are still in 1472AH. How retrogressive. No wander they Write backwards, think backwards, Look down when praying.

Everything is done in reverse to reasonable norms. Evrything is done hidden in the dark. Behind the Veil.

The earlier they abandon darkness for light the better.
@Olabowale please come into the light. !!!
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2006
@Havila: You are a Doctor. Why not read about the Medical descoveries in the Qur'an. Then, disprove it, if it merits that. However, your mind is dead set against knowledge. Yet, there was a time you did not know anything. Now you can refence sources of knowledge. Qur'an is available for your medical critic eye. Are you afraid that you might descover the truth, hence the house of cards that you have in your hand will be destroyed. Whether you want it or not, Allah the Almighty has decreed Islam to overcome all other religions.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2006
olabowale:

@Havila: You are a Doctor. Why not read about the Medical descoveries in the Qur'an. Then, disprove it, if it merits that. However, your mind is dead set against knowledge. Yet, there was a time you did not know anything. Now you can refence sources of knowledge. Qur'an is available for your medical critic eye. Are you afraid that you might descover the truth, hence the house of cards that you have in your hand will be destroyed. Whether you want it or not, Allah the Almighty has decreed Islam to overcome all other religions.

Do those medical discoveries include the mystery of the sperm dot?

Does knowledge include the Quranic theoretical nonsense of a sun that sets in a muddy spring?

Did the Quran not claim the earth was flat and that mountains were pegs holding down the earth?
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Aggressa(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2006
@Olabowale,
I am not going to dignify your false and ignorant claims about medical descoveries in the Quran with a reply. You've been told on this forum before of Galen and co who lived long before the time of Muhammed and wrote all the early stuff on embryology which was then plagiarised by your prophet into his fictional novel called Quran. Yes, Islam can overcome it's co idolatrous 'religions' because that's was the origin of islam from history and acheaological evidences; how Muhammed negotiated with the pagans in mecca; but darkness can never over come even the smallest light. Jesus Christ is the Light of the World, and He told us to Rejoice because He has already overcome the world i.e Satan, Islam, Ogun, Obatala, Hindu, Shinto, Yoga, Okija, Buddism, Osama bin rubbish, Taliban etc.
Let the light shine into your darkness.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 3:49am On Oct 10, 2006
@Havila: You have a very great imagination. Your dream is really a nightmare. You will see it very clearly, when the Angel of death is extracting your soul at the point of death. Then, it will be too late. Indeed, it is then that you will know.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Orikinla(m): 11:19am On Oct 10, 2006
olabowale:

@Havila: You have a very great imagination. Your dream is really a nightmare. You will see it very clearly, when the Angel of death is extracting your soul at the point of death. Then, it will be too late. Indeed, it is then that you will know.

It for the enlightenment of ignorant millions of Muslims that I am writing Unveil Me, My Love based on historical facts of Islam and I don't need to repeat myself here.

It is important to note that under the norms of Shariat wearing nikab is not obligatory (wajib) and it is admissible (jaiz) for a Muslim woman to reveal her face and hands before foreign men. This has been the conclusion of the vast majority of theologians since the times of the Prophet’s companions.
http://umma.ws/Fatwa/nikab/

Because my beloved Muslim beauty of all time Aishah bint Abu Bakr(ra) often went about without the veil and the husband Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not scold her and even when detractors accused her of adultery he did not believe them. And all Muslims know how much he esteemed her.

The prophet adored her deeply as he said:” The superiority of 'Aishah to other ladies is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. meat and bread dish) to other meals. Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Mary, the daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh."
We also knew that she was the muse of the Wahy (Divine Revelations)

(From Unveil Me, My Love.)

Personally, I love the hijab and abaya and burqa. And I don't have any problems with the nikab. But it should not be by force but by choice.

Let us say the truth.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Orikinla; You can write your fictional tale. You have named it. Fiction. You forgot the history of Muhammad (AS), with Khadijah (RA), before Islam. You also forgot the part before Khadijah's death, when the Quraishi was trying to pay him off with chiciest of their women, so that he can compromise his religion with theirs.

You want to write, write the truth. You want to write, for the sake of writing, caring nothing about the truth, then you will have your reward with your Lord.

Some of you pretend that you do not like women. Yet, you are the ones that will arrive at house parties first, or the night club or other watering holes, ready to pounce on every available possibility of easy and cheap thrills. Some of you who swear to the oath of celibacy have been found getting women pregnant or worse committing the act of homosexuality.

Amply women in Nigerian Universities and indeed, in the societies have freely chosen the Veil. No one is forcing them. My nieces are wearing the Hijab because they are obeying the injuction of the Almighty. Here, in the US, white and black and inbetween hues of women in Islam are dorning the veil, without any of their male folks arm stringing them. Indeed, you have Nigerian young women amongst them.

I guess you will educate muslim community, indeed with your fiction. This is your calling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Firstfruit Controversy / Prostitutes Rape Pastors In Delta / Must Girls Keep On Wearing Trousers After They Have Given Their Lives To Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.