Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Is Nairaland Website Under Attack??? Sep2015 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Nairaland Website Under Attack??? Sep2015 (1061 Views)

Why Is Nairaland Not Using Google Adesense / How Much Is Nairaland Worth If Lindaikeji Worth 3.1 Billion? / Fake Nairaland Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Website Under Attack??? Sep2015 by xbernardx(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2015
With my little knowledge of web design and ICT, i think this website is currently under attack.

For some days now, anytime i try to access the url http://nairaland.com, i get several error message of a redirect loop before it finally gets to load. I thought it was an issue with my network/ISP so i changed my IP address and it is still the same thing.

From the image attached, both on firefox and chrome it gives the same excuse of too many redirects, and a redirect loop, woodpress used to have same issues during some blogging days. So please can this be a hack or a word press issue

cc: Admin

Re: Is Nairaland Website Under Attack??? Sep2015 by bitweezy: 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
I am having the same challenge with Google Chrome and Mozilla browser on my mobile phone but it always loads on Opera mini, this challenge has persisted for about a month now
Re: Is Nairaland Website Under Attack??? Sep2015 by xbernardx(m): 1:22am On Sep 20, 2015
I just wonder if the admin know about it, something funny is up though lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
bitweezy:
I am having the same challenge with Google Chrome and Mozilla browser on my mobile phone but it always loads on Opera mini, this challenge has persisted for about a month now
Re: Is Nairaland Website Under Attack??? Sep2015 by Kidstell: 6:15am On Sep 20, 2015
it loads on opera. multiple redirects are normal in site that implement such techniques but there's always a problem with forms or cookies and session variables.
I suggest that this may not be an attack, it could just be an update on the server that may be corrected if you clear your cookies. I mean clearing the cookies and cache of the affected browsers.
Re: Is Nairaland Website Under Attack??? Sep2015 by DeKen: 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
I switch between three networks.
For me I notice this mainly when using Airtel and Glo network. But it only happens with the front page.
However, after several attempts the page opens. Something is definitely wrong and it needs to be fixed.

So far I've not noticed it while using MTN.

cc:seun
Re: Is Nairaland Website Under Attack??? Sep2015 by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2015
Same here.

(1) (Reply)

Need Reviews Of Smartweb Hosting / I ll Develop Any Web Based Scripts And Applications / Whatsapp Group For Programmers(skilled Programmers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.