Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 (20292 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Abdullah bin Al-Hussein, King Of Jordan (Photos) / Mohammed Shuaibu Slumps And Dies At NASS Complex / Country Of The Kingdom Of Western Nigeria Congratulate Prince Mohammed Al Sada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Geraucald(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2015
“Today, I lost a best friend and a childhood companion, my dear brother Rashid,”said Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed, Crown Prince of Dubai.“You will be missed.”
President Sheikh Khalifa declared three days of mourning across the UAE, with flags at government departments and institutions to fly at half mast. Sheikh Khalifa expressed his heartfelt condolences and solace to Sheikh Mohammed.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, also mourned the death of Sheikh Rashid and expressed condolences to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid and Al Maktoum family.
Prayers will be held at Zabeel mosque on Saturday evening and he will then be buried in Umm Harir cemetery in Bur Dubai.
“God bless the deceased young man ... We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return,”the Court of the Ruler of Dubai said.
The Court said work at Dubai government entities would continue as usual, according to the Dubai Media Office. Dubai’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority, which regulates the emirate’s private schools, has said schools will remain open.
Sheikh Rashid was born in November 1981.

http://m.thenational.ae/uae/20150919/sheikh-rashid-bin-mohammed-bin-rashid-al-maktoum-dies-of-heart-attack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Geraucald(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
SheikhRashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Arabic: الشيخ راشد بن محمد آل مكتوم, styledHH Sheikh Rashid; 12 November 1981 – 19 September 2015) was the eldest son of UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and ruler of DubaiSheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoumand Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum. He died of a heart attack on 19 September 2015.

Sheikh Rashid was educated in Dubai at the Rashid School for Boys. He then attended Sandhurst Military Academyin the United Kingdom and graduated in 2002.

n January 2008 Sheikh Rashid was appointed President of the UAE Olympic Committee. However in 2010 His Highness resigned from his position on account of his overloaded Work schedule.
Sheikh Rashid was a Principal Partner or Owner in the following listed Companies:
*.Noor Investment Group : Principal Partner
*.Noor Islamic Bank : Principal Partner
*.United Holdings Group Dubai : Owner
*.Zabeel Racing International : Owner
*.Dubai Holding Company : Principal Partner

Sheikh Rashid was a well-known sports figure in the UAE. He participated in a number of International and local Endurance competitions winning a number of laurels for the country. His greatest achievement was winning 2 Gold medals in the 2006 Doha Asian Olympics 120 km Endurance individual mixed as well as 120 km Endurance Team Mixed events. As the owner of Zabeel Racing International, H.H. Sheikh Rashid had led the individual owners list an unprecedented 5 times with over 428 wins to date. Sheikh Rashid was also a huge football fan; his favourite club was Manchester United.

Sheikh Rashid was the 2nd child and eldest son of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum's 24 children. It is alleged that Rashid had killed an assistant in the Ruler's office, thereby forfeiting his opportunity to be heir, according to a Wikileaks cable of February 2008. [ 1 ]
In 2010 Sheikh Rashid was voted one of the 20 Sexiest Arab Men for the 5th year in a row.
In 2011 Sheikh Rashid was elected by Forbes as one of the 20 Hottest Young Royals in the world.
In 2010 Sheikh Rashid was voted by Esquire magazine as one of the 20 Most Eligible Royals in the world.
Sheikh Rashid's personal net worth, as estimated by Forbes magazine in 2010, is estimated at approx 1.9bn US dollars.
His Brother in Law is Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates and owner of Manchester City.
Death
On Saturday Morning, 19 September 2015, Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed died of a heart attack, at the age of 33. [ 2 ] [ 3 ]
A three-day mourning period was declared in Dubai upon his death. UAE flags will be flown at half mast during this mourning period. [ 4 ]
Funeral prayers were held after Maghrib prayers at Zabeel Mosque. The burial was held in Bur Dubai's Umm Hurair cemetery. [ 5 ]

___wikipedia
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by temitemi1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
Abeg wetin kill am cry
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by joystickextendr: 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
too bad,death couldn't take the billions he had and leave him alone embarassed ,nothing last forever.... may his soul rip
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Firefire(m): 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
temitemi1:
Abeg wetin kill am cry
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Pangea: 2:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
Wasted !

Heart attack?
Another name for drug overdose amongst the rich and powerful!

14 Likes

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by InsaneTamie(m): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
Death has no respect for anything. Neither wealth nor handsomeness.. The guy fine o #NoHomo
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by BishopMagic: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
He blew himself up for Allah.

Good Muslim he was..

10 Likes

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by BishopMagic: 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
Pangea:
Wasted !

Heart attack?
Another name for drug overdose amongst the rich and powerful!

Their favorite past time is to sniff coke from the azz crack of a columbian super model hooker
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by gunuvi(m): 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2015
Please let's blame GEJ. He caused the heart attack.
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2015
BishopMagic:

Their favorite past time is to sniff coke from the azz crack of a columbian super model hooker
BishopMagic:

Good Muslim he was..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Demmocrats(m): 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by BishopMagic: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Fool. Stop mentioning me

Ode slave

1 Like

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2015
BishopMagic:

Fool. Stop mentioning me

Ode slave

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I was quietly on my own when you invited me to your silly thread. I surely don't give a fvck about you but you keep mentioning me.The moment you stop mentioning me in your threads, then i'll stop too

4 Likes

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by BishopMagic: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I was quietly on my own when you invited me to your silly thread. I surely don't give a fvck about you but you keep mentioning me.The moment you stop mentioning me in your threads, then i'll stop too

Fool am I the op?

Ode
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
BishopMagic:

Fool am I the op?

Ode

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Geraucald(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
I'm sorry pls, may I know the reason u guys are in this relationship? BishopMagic and Aareonakakanfo

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by falcon01: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
see idiots above.

and for poster may his soul rest in peac

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Geraucald(m): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
falcon01:
see idiots above.

and for poster may his soul rest in peac

Eyy!

Amen, thanks.

They ain't idiots though.
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by duduade: 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2015
To get your varieties of affordable and classy furnitures which includes sofas, t.v stands, dining tables, side stool stands and library stands please visit

www.furnitureplaceng.com...

A trial shall convince you...

Discounts will be given...

You can also purchase our furnitures' on Konga... Online delivery to any part of the country is available. ..

1 Like

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Blackfire(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
This life sef
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by drey076(m): 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2015
temitemi1:
Abeg wetin kill am cry
Can't you read?
Your wailing life seems to have affected your sight

1 Like

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
BishopMagic:

Good Muslim he was..
You don't v to b torpid;is there sense in what u wrote? .U need help...Am a christian so its not really bout bein a muslim befor quotin u..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by eposho: 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2015
BishopMagic:

How did you get to know this? Hmmmmm
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by sanandreas(m): 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2015
Greet my grandfather. Tell am say we go do im burial in grandstlye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by iamrealdeji(m): 2:19am On Sep 20, 2015
He's Fazza(Hamdan)'s elder brother. i hope Rashid didn't commit suicide because he's been frustrated for so long because he was not made crown prince due to his bad habits,his father had relegated him too much,he doesn't participate in any social function like his younger siblings,his father made Fazza the crown prince because he's more modest and kind to people

1 Like

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Vivalavida99(f): 4:06am On Sep 20, 2015
I think we only get so many heartbeats allocated before birth and then it's time to go home.

Rip young man.
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 20, 2015
He was so handsome cry rest in paradise.
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Nobody: 4:32am On Sep 20, 2015
temitemi1:
Abeg wetin kill am cry

maybe too much codeine or 2 much drugs

1 Like

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Zeinymira(f): 5:10am On Sep 20, 2015
BishopMagic:

Good Muslim he was..

Had to scroll up to read where it was written that he blew himself up.
Sheikh Rashid died of heart attack, what will you die of? Ignorance? Wrong accusations?
May Allah forqive him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by Israel5(m): 5:55am On Sep 20, 2015
Too much money dey kill too?
Re: Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33 by goldenceo1: 6:16am On Sep 20, 2015
Death is inevitable... If money answereth all tins I guess doctors would save his life.. Now I know why Man City lost to Westham FC.

R.I.P Sheikh Rashid!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku, Buhari Will Struggle With Accepting Defeat – Chatham House / 2023: SWAGA Will Save APC From Embarrassing Defeat - Senator Adeyeye / FG Replies Falana On ‘recover $200bn Looted Funds Advice’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.