Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) (60761 Views)

Jamaican Pastor Wears Army Uniform, Shoots At His Enemies With Water Gun(Video) / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / Ogun Pastor Got Stuck In Shrine, Loses Consciousness While Trying To Destroy It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by SangoCrusader: 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
Xtians are st***pid sheep sha. Not one credible response. smh

Make unaa follow ur shepherd
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ityP(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dcmg2:
yeah,tell that to chibok girls.Boko haram said God told them to kill,maybe that is their own purpose,and their creator will destroy them if they don't kill their fellow human.What a loving GOD.
Your God created adam and eve,and he created an evil tree in the garden.For what purpose did he create the evil apple tree?In order to punish mankind.?
mehn,nawa for this your loving God o.

God never created any evil apple tree... d bible doesn't mention d type of tree... so apple is off... second, it was a tree of the knowledge of good and evil not an EVIL tree.... and he had good reasons for putting the tree there... not to punish mam of course... God had demonstrated how much he loved man but putting Jim in that wonder garden home and providing everything man needed to make life enjoyable... the tree was AN OPPORTUNITY for man to RECIPROCATE his love for God... and man showed instead how utterly ungrateful he&she were
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
ityP:

God never created any evil apple tree... d bible doesn't mention d type of tree... so apple is off... second, it was a tree of the knowledge of good and evil not an EVIL tree.... and he had good reasons for putting the tree there... not to punish mam of course... God had demonstrated how much he loved man but putting Jim in that wonder garden home and providing everything man needed to make life enjoyable... the tree was AN OPPORTUNITY for man to RECIPROCATE his love for God... and man showed instead how utterly ungrateful he&she were
Bro, stop the attempt to defend the Bible story, you only know as much as you read in the Bible. That's all.
Nawa o.

Look at what you wrote. I mean, read it all over again with your "primary senses".
I can pick out a hundred questions that you or all the pastors on eaeth combined cannot answer. Stop trying, just believe in what you believe in. Well, maybe until you stop believing.
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by TrajansKong: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ladyo142:
God is love,he would'nt want to punish people in hell forever-wuld he?
Why do you ask? You should know. He is a jealous, angry God. His thirst for revenge must be slaked.

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ityP(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Humblebloke:

He knew how the devil was gonna end up......still he created him knowing fully well it was only going to be at the detriment of his own creations(Humans)

Looks like he is trying to experiment.......

God could know how the devil would end but he DIDN'T know...
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ityP(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
bxcode:

Hew knew that there was a possibility of that because of the freewill he gave his creations but he mass another provision for that possibility if it arose and sir God want experimenting when he created ask things. He made everything available and only him knows all of them fully and my peanut brain dosent know all, neither does the devil nor his angels that's why only him really really really knows the unknown. If you wanna spend the rest of your life on trying to figure everything out about God with your mere peanut brain I wish you good luck but I can guarantee you that you will surely be more confused than you are today about him because you your brain is just way too infra - decimal to comprehend that and you are gonna die trying to do that sir. Is it not safe to just believe in him even if he doesn't exist as you claim and when you die you will be glad that you did rather than being sturbborn and arrogant to believe just your senses only thinking that's were it all ends while you still can't yet figure out a mere sleeping and waking up with that your brain only to die and stand before that thing you thought that didn't exist, remembering days like this. Now, that's gonna be some sorry future for you sir. But hey, God is ever waiting for you to come back and not face him that day and regret by acceprong his love and knowing him in truth and not through any doctrine of man, you gat nothing to loose sir. Think about it. Stay blessed and nice week ahead.

u make faith look like GULLIBILITY.... but that's wrong... u shouldn't tell him to just believe in God to prevent a HAD I KNOWN in the future... all he needs is to make an effort to know God and his personalities from the Bible and that is what will stimulate his having faith in God
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Humblebloke(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
ityP:

God could know how the devil would end but he DIDN'T know...

undecided This is serious!!!

Now i need the holy spirit.....
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ityP(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
LastSurvivor:
Religion is the problem of Africa.. The funniest part is that the Bible said "God regretted creating man"
my question is; does the omnipotent/omniscience God didn't know what man will turn out to be before the creation of man, didn't he kn that Adam n Eve will eat the apple before he created the apple?

jokers

he didn't know bro.... God doesn't know everything...
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ityP(m): 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
dayodare49o:
God does not reward a goodman with heaven. A good man gets his reward here on earth. Rewards which may include richness, peace, success, good health...and their likes. But he rewards a righteous man with heaven. He may be poor on earth as a righteous man but he has kept his rewards in heaven. But behold...no not one.

God and man in general is drawn more to a good man than a righteous man...
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ityP(m): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
Pyrrho:
Bro, stop the attempt to defend the Bible story, you only know as much as you read in the Bible. That's all.
Nawa o.

Look at what you wrote. I mean, read it all over again with your "primary senses".
I can pick out a hundred questions that you or all the pastors on eaeth combined cannot answer. Stop trying, just believe in what you believe in. Well, maybe until you stop believing.

formulate just one question from my post and watch me use the bible to answer....
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
ityP:

formulate just one question from my post and watch me use the bible to answer....
There is no point. You'll just keep twisting Bible accounts to suit your believe.
Where you see OPPORTUNITY, some see DECEIT, EGOCENTRISM, POINTLESSNESS, WICKEDNESS...
All I'm saying is just stop defending what you know nothing about. You read it in a book. Yes!!! But don't pretend to understand stories that are absurd.
ityP:

Take this man for example.
He is obviously confused. He knows nothing about what he is talking about, just like you.
The difference between you and me, I admit to knowing nothing about God.
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by olaniyanibukun0: 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
xtervaganza:
god did not know the decision one will make but according to the bible god knows the beginning and the end of things?

Why are you lying to defend a lie?

Are you a pastor? Cos they are the father of lies

Bruv..... It's easier to wake a person sleeping than a person pretending to be asleep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
olaniyanibukun0:

Bruv..... It's easier to wake a person sleeping than a person pretending to be asleep
A thousand likes from me.
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by LastSurvivor: 10:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
ityP:

U really funny man, like funny!! Bt on a more serious note, wasn't he aware of Lucifer's plan of overthrowing him but he decided to let it happen so he can send him down to earth to be tormenting man.. it sound somehow man
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by adjoviomole(m): 3:21am On Sep 22, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Then no Christian exist in Nigeria ( maybe even on earth )

Says who?
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Ladyo142: 7:41am On Sep 22, 2015
If u believe in the bible and u study it carefully from cover to cover,it won't be extremely difficult to find out the truth ..
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Ladyo142: 7:45am On Sep 22, 2015
Bt if u dnt believe in the bible , u can as well look at the history of the bible hw old it z and hw it has survived to dz time ,hw many people had tried to stop people from reading it (in the past times),,bt itz still here.meaning it z an important book
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 22, 2015
Ladyo142:
Bt if u dnt believe in the bible , u can as well look at the history of the bible hw old it z and hw it has survived to dz time ,hw many people had tried to stop people from reading it (in the past times),,bt itz still here.meaning it z an important book
You can as well look at the history of the quran and other books to see how old it is too....cos its an old book doesn't mean it is important, it may be important to you and less important to others, and the bible still hasn't be translated to about 4500 languages which means some people still have no access to it, and if the bible is that important how come some illiterate can't read it cos its written, it should be made accessible to everyone if its truly the word of God, it shouldn't have limitations...
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Ladyo142: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
The bible (an old book) z also scientifically sound on matters that only human researchers discovered at a later date-for instance about the shape of the earth -isaiah 40:22 says "there is one who is dwelling above the circle of the earth..." and in ancient times the earth was believed to be flat..200 yeas after the bible was written ,greek philosophers reasoned that the earth might be spherical,,bt it was in the 20th century it was made possible for humans to travel by airplane and later to outer space thus giving a clear view of earth horizon
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Ladyo142: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
And also about animal life -leveticus 11:6 says "the hare is a chewer of cud " though diz was long attacked by some critics ,the rabbits cud chewing was finally observed by English man William copper in the 18th century.the unusual way in which it is done was Described in 1940 in precedings of zoological society of London,vol:110 series A page 159-163.
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Ochoiho: 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
Paradise163:
[b] Hellfire—Is It Part of Divine Justice?
Have you ever seen someone tortured? We hope not. Deliberate torture is sickening and abhorrent. What, though, of torture inflicted by God? Can you imagine such a thing? Yet, this is exactly what is implied by the teaching of hellfire, an official doctrine in many religions.

Imagine, for a moment, the following horrific scene: A person is being roasted on a hot iron plate. In his agony he screams for mercy, but nobody listens. The torture goes on and on, hour after hour, day after day—without pause!

Whatever crime the victim may have committed, would not your heart go out to him? What of the one who ordered the torture? Could he be a loving person? In no way! Love is merciful and shows pity. A loving father may punish his children, but he would never torture them!

Nevertheless, many religions teach that God tortures sinners in an eternal hellfire. This, it is claimed, is divine justice. If that is true, who created that terrible place of eternal torment? And who is responsible for the excruciating agonies inflicted there? The answers would seem obvious. If such a place really exists, then God would have to be the creator of it, and he would be responsible for what happens there.

Can you accept that? The Bible* says: “God is love.” (1 John 4 vs eight ) Would a God of love inflict torture that even humans with any measure of decency find revolting? Surely not!

An Unreasonable Teaching
Still, many believe that the wicked will go to a fiery hell and be tormented forever. Is this teaching logical? The human life span is limited to 70 or 80 years. Even if someone perpetrated extreme wickedness for his whole lifetime, would everlasting torment be a just punishment? No. It would be grossly unjust to torment a man forever for the limited number of sins that he can commit in a lifetime.

It doesn't sound logical to you and to all JW but it is the truth of God's word. God is love but also a consuming fire Hebrew 11: 29. I will rather believe what the scripture teaches through the mouth of Jesus himself than hang my fate for eternity on Logic. Luke 12:5-6 'But i will show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after He has killed, has power to cast into Hell, yes I said to you, fear Him. Jesus know who God-His father is, so He warn all to Fear Him. I'll rather believe Jesus than your logic. Mark 9: 43-48

Who knows the truth about what happens after we die? Only God can reveal this information, and he has done so in his written Word, the Bible, referred to above. Here is what the Bible says: “As the [beast] dies, so the [man] dies; and they all have but one spirit . . . All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust.” (Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20) There is no mention here of a fiery hell. Humans return to dust—to nonexistence—when they die.

The Bible is Very clear on what happens after death. God is the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. These Heroes of our Faith are living in Heaven, not dead. Moses and Elijah, appeared physically to Jesus on the Mount of transfiguration.Mathew 17:1-5

In order to be tormented, an individual has to be conscious. Are the dead conscious? No. “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) It is impossible for the dead, “conscious of nothing at all,” to experience the agonies of hellfire.

The Writer of Ecclesiastes was talking about the Physical body after death. It is useless, not conscious of anything but the Soul after death lives on for Eternity either in Heaven or Hell. Hear what Jesus Said John 11:25 'Iam the resurrection and life. He who believe in me, though he may die, he shall live.

A Harmful Doctrine
Some maintain that the teaching of hellfire is useful, true or not. Why? They say it serves as a deterrent to wrongdoing. Is that true? Well, is the crime rate in regions where people believe in hellfire lower than in other places? Hardly! In fact, the doctrine of hellfire is very harmful. Will a person who believes that God torments people view torture as something abhorrent? Why should he? Those believing in a cruel god often become cruel like their god.

Hell was not created for Man but for Satan but if Man choose to follow Satan in disobedience to his Maker, he will end up with Satan. The only harmful teaching is this write-up, meant to deceive people to reject Jesus and end up in Hell. The only thing the op should be assured of is Hebrew 9: 27 'it is appointed Unto Man Once to die, after that Judgement'. I beg you to give your life to Jesus if not, You will surely end up in Hellfire

In whatever way a reasonable person may look at the matter, he cannot accept the existence of a hell of torment. Logic rebels against it. Human nature is repelled by it. More important, God’s Word does not say that such a place exists. When a person dies, “he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”—Psalm 146:4.

Keep being reasonable and logical, I dont have more to tell you.

What Punishment for Sin?
[/b] To read more, visit www.jw.org and you find satisfactory answers just as I did
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by henshj(m): 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
God has never created hell. Hell is the result and the consequences of the evil thoughts abode by Man. i wrote an article about the human thought
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by henshj(m): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
check my blog, only for genuine seeker of the truth; www.henshj..com.ng
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by lampardizik(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2015
menesheh:

That's no problem.

Revisit where you start quoting me and devise issues to start your argument with me.

What?

That because there is no provable evidence by science of God's existence He is inexistent?

Is that not what you're all about?
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by IndianaJay: 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
ribbit:
Bible is full of contradictions that's why it shouldn't be taken seriously..

For example, bible says, Love is not envious. it also says, God is love and at the same time said God is a jealous God .. I mean wtf

Which one should we believe?

Sometimes I wonder about Religion as a whole, not just the bible............too many contradictions is an understatement.

Religion as a whole is contradictory.
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
[email] God is not how ppl hype him. He also has his fault, and they are numerous! [/email]
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
lampardizik:

What?

That because there is no provable evidence by science of God's existence He is inexistent?

Is that not what you're all about?
[email] God caused all the sin in the world, 'cause he wanted it! Or can you tell me why he didn't prevent Eve and Adam, from eating the Apple? Since they say He's omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent!! GOD THO'! Smh for Him. [/email]
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ityP(m): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
LastSurvivor:

U really funny man, like funny!! Bt on a more serious note, wasn't he aware of Lucifer's plan of overthrowing him but he decided to let it happen so he can send him down to earth to be tormenting man.. it sound somehow man

God created us in his image... he gave us freewill cos he too has the freewill to decide... he isn't static.... God can know everything, but sometimes cos of his freewill, he chooses what he wants to know... if God knew that Satan would rebel, yet he still created him, that paints a picture of God-WICKED PERSON... but his word says something different, 1 John 4:8 ...God is love... illustration: I want to watch a movie. I have a choice to see what happens at d end(fast forwarding to the end) or to start from the beginning and watch as things play out in the movie.... same thing, God could fast forward or start watching how his creature's life play out... does that make sense?

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by lampardizik(m): 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
Tobiee:
[email] God caused all the sin in the world, 'cause he wanted it! Or can you tell me why he didn't prevent Eve and Adam, from eating the Apple? Since they say He's omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent!! GOD THO'! Smh for Him. [/email]

If He had done that,you wouldn't now be 'free thinker',would you?
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Charlesdock(m): 10:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
Tobiee:
bro it was stated they ate, satan didn't force them, they choose to eat. Ur soul gives you d ability to act on ur own. He instructed them nt 2 eat of it bt they made their choice by eating it.
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 24, 2015
Charlesdock:
bro it was stated they ate, satan didn't force them, they choose to eat. Ur soul gives you d ability to act on ur own. He instructed them nt 2 eat of it bt they made their choice by eating it.
[email] But at that time, he could have stopped it, can you tell me, he didnt know that they will eat it? [/email]
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 24, 2015
lampardizik:

If He had done that,you wouldn't now be 'free thinker',would you?
[email] He didnt do that, I became a free sinful thinker, that he wants. And he wants to condemn sinners to hell? Mtcheew.. It's either God doesnt exist, or he is using humans to prove to satan that he's powerful, which would be bad of him. And btw The bible that you guys read, how sure are u, that its exactly what was written in hebrews that was translated there? [/email]

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 / Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.