Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) (60762 Views)

Jamaican Pastor Wears Army Uniform, Shoots At His Enemies With Water Gun(Video) / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / Ogun Pastor Got Stuck In Shrine, Loses Consciousness While Trying To Destroy It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Eberex(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2015
Simple logic. All creatures including man didn't just come into existence. They didn't just "boomed"! Like evolution tells us. If you believe in Darwin's theory then you must be a goat. If however we all are created by a being, who gives you any right to question what He decides? If at the end of the journey you discover the truth, what difference does it make? You are the one who will lose. What is so hard if love rules our heart rather than evil? If you are not filled with God's spirit, the Bible will continue to remain a confusion for you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by WhoBeThisMan: 8:22am On Sep 20, 2015
themosthigh:
It is because God is a figment of our imagination and he is a creation of our ignorance and the acceptance of our slavery.
Of all the gods ever created by men,the christian god is the most vainglorious and stupid.

Look at your self, yes your self and honestly tell me there is no God
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 20, 2015
ityP:
even though I spent my entire lifetime doing bad things, it wouldn't be fair for God to torment me every single day of my life... many church doctrines are the reason many people have lost trust in God.... hell by the way is THE GRAVE..
And God isn't tormenting no one.... but he does intend to punishing men who do evil ... how would he do that? in hellfire? hell no!!! eternal death
...(Psalms 37:9,10)
Ah, but eternal death is actually better than eternal enjoyment . . . or at least what the bible describes it as.

Heaven's programme is clearly spelt out in the bible. We are going to heaven to praise God for eternity. There, we will be immortal, we will never cry, nor fall sick. Just so we can praise the lord for eternity.

However, with a sufficiently advanced mind. One must quickly realize that this is more torture than enjoyment. Imagine having 300 IQ but cannot pursue science, super strength but cannot save people, super riches but cannot buy cars or anything. Everyone wears robes. In short. You will have everything you've ever wanted on earth, but you will never be able to use it. That . . . sucks, really. Especially considering the fact that you're also going to be praising God forever. . . .

Compared with eternal death . . .

Well, that's probably better because you would have peace forever. I mean, you don't exist anymore. So it's all good!
If we had to choose between heaven and eternal death, nobody would be religious.
So, the only way to get anyone to choose heaven is to give a much more unsavoury option. Hell. Makes heaven seem like . . . well, heaven. smiley

So, yeah. Hellfire is probably the most important tool in bringing people to God. Don't dismiss it so quickly. wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by kevoh(m): 8:23am On Sep 20, 2015
yorke1:
Speechless. I need to avoid this section on Nairaland. Each I come here, I'll read something that will start making to ponder on a lot of things about religion. if this thing called religion is real or not. I believe in God but I am having my doubt about religion.
You can run away from NL religion section all year round but when religion and its silly brainwashing indoctrination techniques meet sound logical reasonings every pillar of religion in you crumbles.

The good thing is sound logical reasoning doesn't need adverts like some Muslims and Christians pointing to some Jehovah Witness website on this thread are doing. You arrive there on your own terms!

7 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by otiigba1(m): 8:24am On Sep 20, 2015
Dekatron:

am not saying ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS OO

I mean, ALL MUSLIMS ARE POTENTIAL TERRORISTS. Its only secularity and modernity that put Islam in check a little. Let them have their way, this planet would have been a wasteland
potential terrorists? yes! I believe so too, ignorance, poverty and lack of education plays a part too, hence why one never hears of a millionaire terrorists blew himself up.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by menxer: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2015
most of the answers you seek can be found in these books: "the lost book of Enki" and "the Earth Chronicles".
you must read it with an open mind, if not you may not be able to digest the truth therein.

Christianity, as we know it, so far thrives on the "ignorance of its adherents" to the advantage of the few church elites.
i have nothing against that since i belong to the "ignorant adherents", but coming to terms with the bigger jigsaw puzzle, whose missing pieces scattered over millennia on earth are gradually being brought together. grin

the truth is some are benefiting from the paradoxes of the christian setup, and there is nothing we can do, but...

The future is buried in the past, and the past scares most people to even want to take a glance; because they believe "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God" (Luke 9:62) yet "Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time" (Ecclesiastes 1:10) grin

from Ecclesiastes 1:10, does the Bible contain all the records of the time before our time?
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Haywhybaba007(m): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2015
Paradise163:
[b] Hellfire—Is It Part of Divine Justice?
Have you ever seen someone tortured? We hope not. Deliberate torture is sickening and abhorrent. What, though, of torture inflicted by God? Can you imagine such a thing? Yet, this is exactly what is implied by the teaching of hellfire, an official doctrine in many religions.

Imagine, for a moment, the following horrific scene: A person is being roasted on a hot iron plate. In his agony he screams for mercy, but nobody listens. The torture goes on and on, hour after hour, day after day—without pause!

Whatever crime the victim may have committed, would not your heart go out to him? What of the one who ordered the torture? Could he be a loving person? In no way! Love is merciful and shows pity. A loving father may punish his children, but he would never torture them!

Nevertheless, many religions teach that God tortures sinners in an eternal hellfire. This, it is claimed, is divine justice. If that is true, who created that terrible place of eternal torment? And who is responsible for the excruciating agonies inflicted there? The answers would seem obvious. If such a place really exists, then God would have to be the creator of it, and he would be responsible for what happens there.

Can you accept that? The Bible* says: “God is love.” (1 John 4 vs eight ) Would a God of love inflict torture that even humans with any measure of decency find revolting? Surely not!

An Unreasonable Teaching
Still, many believe that the wicked will go to a fiery hell and be tormented forever. Is this teaching logical? The human life span is limited to 70 or 80 years. Even if someone perpetrated extreme wickedness for his whole lifetime, would everlasting torment be a just punishment? No. It would be grossly unjust to torment a man forever for the limited number of sins that he can commit in a lifetime.

Who knows the truth about what happens after we die? Only God can reveal this information, and he has done so in his written Word, the Bible, referred to above. Here is what the Bible says: “As the [beast] dies, so the [man] dies; and they all have but one spirit . . . All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust.” (Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20) There is no mention here of a fiery hell. Humans return to dust—to nonexistence—when they die.

In order to be tormented, an individual has to be conscious. Are the dead conscious? No. “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) It is impossible for the dead, “conscious of nothing at all,” to experience the agonies of hellfire.

A Harmful Doctrine
Some maintain that the teaching of hellfire is useful, true or not. Why? They say it serves as a deterrent to wrongdoing. Is that true? Well, is the crime rate in regions where people believe in hellfire lower than in other places? Hardly! In fact, the doctrine of hellfire is very harmful. Will a person who believes that God torments people view torture as something abhorrent? Why should he? Those believing in a cruel god often become cruel like their god.

In whatever way a reasonable person may look at the matter, he cannot accept the existence of a hell of torment. Logic rebels against it. Human nature is repelled by it. More important, God’s Word does not say that such a place exists. When a person dies, “he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”—Psalm 146:4.

What Punishment for Sin?
[/b] To read more, visit www.jw.org and you find satisfactory answers just as I did

Thanks so much for doing justice to those questions asked and of course for referring people to the jw.org website. To them Jehovah is a mysterious worker but the bible makes us understand that he is not when it says 'The rock perfect is it activities' neither is the bible contradicting itself. Am a jw too nd wouldn't mind getting know u better,so here is bbm pin( 55980FA9).

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by mjconcept(m): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2015
adjoviomole:
God already said hell was meant for d devil and his angels. Man as usual chose to follow the devil and God offered a way out. Liv a holy life and u will liv with me in this holy place called heaven. If you don't want to liv an holy life, u will liv wth the devil in that unholy place. No sin will enter heAven no mata hw small.

OP just simply admit that your probl is you cannot or dont want to liv a holy life because you enjoy the pleasures of sin. Its a mata of choice God is not forcing anyone.
Lucifar and his followers once lived there yet they rebelled and you still call it a holy place

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 20, 2015
Most critical thinkers at a stage in their life tends to abhor God in its entirety,they see it as what it is "man's image". And most believers do so because of fear of impending doom(hell fire) but the good news is that their "fear" is not real as it is a "false evidence appearing rea"
l.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 20, 2015
Most critical thinkers at a stage in their life tends to abhor God in its entirety,they see it as what it is "man's image". And most believers do so because of fear of impending doom(hell fire) but the good news is that their "fear" is not real as it is a "false evidence appearing real"

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by queebeediva(f): 8:27am On Sep 20, 2015
God is love and Good wants us to Love . The Devil came to distroy and steal and achive it by confussing Gods words in our mind so my brothers and sisters hell is so real expecially when you have every chances to change your evil ways but you didn't because you feel God is so merciful . God is a God of justices and peace don't expect to hurt people and go scort free what happen to the prayers of the people you have hurt? Infact these days our judgement begin on this earth first so let's embrace good living by doing good. Lastly if I were God the likes of boko haram, isis, etc for don vernish since but yet God is still keeping them hoping they will eventualy receive salvation.
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by SeverusSnape(m): 8:27am On Sep 20, 2015
haftob:

It's time to open ur eyes to Islam and u'll see the truth! I want u to study Islam and not muslims, I repeat ISLAM and nt MUSLIMS
Shut your mouth!... Islam is the worst of all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by tartarus(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2015
tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by menesheh(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2015
bxcode:
Sir, if you own a cooperation for an instance and your subordinates are rebelling against you despite all your efforts to have a cordial and personal relationship with them even after they disobeyed an injunction you gave them when you employed them, you have the power to sack them but didn't, still loved and cared for them and even sacrificed your position and came down to their level to show them what's best for them, hoping that that they will make the right choices without you compelling them and forcing them without any choice of their own, but with a definite day of judgement in mind to judge all them, according tho those that accepted your sacrifice for them and those that refused it vehemently, would you fold your hands and watch everything you have built be tumbled over by some rebellious workers and not do something to put an end to the decay that their rebellion has brought about?

Remember we are talking about what you created not what you saw and startes laying ownership of such. God created human as you posited, he knew the way he created us and have the ability to reshape our thinking ability to abide by his rules without promising hell to his created property.
It is absurdity at its peak twisting logic 101 to fit-in with the nonsensical folklore in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2015
DanielPop:
At least the Book didn't say God cannot fight his battle neither does the Book expect us to kill for God!

and u re yet to know th real source of d book?
I pity una

athiesm is just the perfect thang
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ityP(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2015
otiigba1:
what! So what you are saying is HELL does not exists? Even though the book says it does. Just asking o!

of course hell exists.... may not be the definition of hell as many people know.... hell is the Grave... its an associate word for d Hebrew word Sheol and d Greek word Hades, all referring to the Grave... how about hellfire? does the bible suggest such a place exists literally? na... Jesus spoke in parables most times, d book of Revelations contains symbolic language that one should take literally (Rev 1:1,2) Jesus used fire as a symbol of eternal destruction when he talked of the consequences of those who did evil.... Rev 20: 14,15 ; Rev 21:8, talks on the lake of fire but then gives the meaning of LAKE OF FIRE almost immediately; the second death(eternal death, without no future hope of a resurrection) ..

my friend says, "it rained cats and dogs yesterday, which means it rained heavily"... if I wanna retell someone what my friend said, would I say "hello pal, yesterday actually cats and dogs was falling from the sky" or "hello pal, it rained heavily"? think guys....

for more answers from the Bible, visit jw.org
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by SeverusSnape(m): 8:30am On Sep 20, 2015
umarfantami:
COULD YOU PLS DROP Your Number so that I could convince with my answers In ISLAM IN SHA ALLAH.
Milkymesh don't be deceived by these mohammedans, they are the worst of all.

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by otiigba1(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2015
Eberex:
Simple logic. All creatures including man didn't just come into existence. They didn't just "boomed"! Like evolution tells us. If you believe in Darwin's theory then you must be a goat. If however we all are created by a being, who gives you any right to question what He decides? If at the end of the journey you discover the truth, what difference does it make? You are the one who will lose. What is so hard if love rules our heart rather than evil? If you are not filled with God's spirit, the Bible will continue to remain a confusion for you.
so don't ask questions, shut up and just believe? If that's what you are saying? Then why did God create us in the first place and gave us a choice and brains to think and make that choice? What not just let us live like zombies?

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by tartarus(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2015
sandraokosun:
trust me too much of rationality is bad, u talking like a westerner, pls dont loose it. The fact u dream alone to an unknow world shows u have a spirit or soul. And their got to be a creator of that soul

Lol this is hilarious! So Christianity is now an African religion abi? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by menesheh(m): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2015
Dekatron:

I am not a westerner wannabe at all. As in, at all!!

Ok. Dream. Have you read a psychological and Neuroscience articles and books and journals on DREAMS?

Lemme tell you basically what a dream is :- WHEN THE BRAIN RECOLLECTS MEMORIES AND WANT TO IMPRINT THEM INTO LONG TERM MEMORY. WHEN YOUR WORSE FEAR AND BEST JOY IS DISPLAYED AS A COLLECTION OF IMAGES AND STUFFS LIKE THAT, ITS A DREAM.

Now tell me, how GOD is involved? BTW, I dnt dream past earth

Dreams creates illusions of reality of which human started making use of it to interpret series of events that we witness in real life.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by menesheh(m): 8:35am On Sep 20, 2015
ityP:

of course hell exists.... may not be the definition of hell as many people know.... hell is the Grave... its an associate word for d Hebrew word Sheol and d Greek word Hades, all referring to the Grave... how about hellfire? does the bible suggest such a place exists literally? na... Jesus spoke in parables most times, d book of Revelations contains symbolic language that one should take literally (Rev 1:1,2) Jesus used fire as a symbol of eternal destruction when he talked of the consequences of those who did evil.... Rev 20: 14,15 ; Rev 21:8, talks on the lake of fire but then gives the meaning of LAKE OF FIRE almost immediately; the second death(eternal death, without no future hope of a resurrection) ..

my friend says, "it rained cats and dogs yesterday, which means it rained heavily"... if I wanna retell someone what my friend said, would I say "hello pal, yesterday actually cats and dogs was falling from the sky" or "hello pal, it rained heavily"? think guys....

Where in the bible did you get your explanations of hell from?
Jw.org is not bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ichommy(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2015
milkymesh:
No satisfactory answer?? I believe in God and I am a Christian. However, for many months now I just sit in my house on Sunday and ponder over my more than three decades beleif. Have I been tricked all these while?. Every christian should ponder all the questions on the pix.
I am beginning to think religion is a tool used by a few to manipulate many to their advantage.
No religion is of God- weather Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism,Judaism, just mention it. I still searching for answers. Until then, I still beleive

Good one here. Religion is a scam.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by xtervaganza(m): 8:37am On Sep 20, 2015
bxcode:
Sir, if you own a cooperation for an instance and your subordinates are rebelling against you despite all your efforts to have a cordial and personal relationship with them even after they disobeyed an injunction you gave them when you employed them, you have the power to sack them but didn't, still loved and cared for them and even sacrificed your position and came down to their level to show them what's best for them, hoping that that they will make the right choices without you compelling them and forcing them without any choice of their own, but with a definite day of judgement in mind to judge all them, according tho those that accepted your sacrifice for them and those that refused it vehemently, would you fold your hands and watch everything you have built be tumbled over by some rebellious workers and not do something to put an end to the decay that their rebellion has brought about?
stop lying and forming bollocking about your wicked god

1st, we did not ask him to create us

2, he's evil

3, he's more evil than the devil you ported as evil

4, he's the same as the devil

5, he has stoopid plans for his people in heaven(praise and worship all your sorry life in heaven). That is not enjoyment of everlasting, you'll be bored to death

6, he is man made

3 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2015
milkymesh:
No satisfactory answer?? I believe in God and I am a Christian. However, for many months now I just sit in my house on Sunday and ponder over my more than three decades beleif. Have I been tricked all these while?. Every christian should ponder all the questions on the pix.
I am beginning to think religion is a tool used by a few to manipulate many to their advantage.
No religion is of God- weather Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism,Judaism, just mention it. I still searching for answers. Until then, I still beleive

You're not alone. Any critical mind will know and believe religion is a huge scam. I'm a Christian still, but I have stopped taking anything beyond Christ seriously.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2015
Emmahunk:
I believe it was Job that God once asked "where were you when I formed the foundations of earth that thou should ask me questions" Having said that, I think one can only begin to ask why God should ask him to forgive his enemies when God himself will burn his own enemies in hell fire when ;
1. The person sees himself as one and equal with God
2. The person believes he has same rights and privileges with God.
As for the respondent who said that "it's one of the many contradictios of the bible", please be informed that the Bible is not contradictory in anyway but rather COMPLETE. Little wonder Hosea 4:6 says my people perish for lack of knowledge.
I believe other people will respond to your other questions.
Shalom.
posts like this make me ANGRY.

First off, a GOOD God would be the champion of equality. Despite the fact that he created us, he would view us as equals. The way you're describing God . . . sounds like darken rahl or the fire lord in avatar. Just admit that we're pawns. Mere slaves, or tools to be manipulated by God, stop saying God loves us and so he sent his only begotten son . . . and stuff . . . if he doesn't veiw us as his equals, then he wouldn't need to do all that. He could just simply discard us.

Secondly. NOTHING justifies hellfire. NOTHING. It doesn't matter how much you try to sugarcoat it, the fact is still there that the concept is very cruel and wicked. Imagine the six million Jews that Hitler horrifically killed. Well, most of them were not Christians, so I guess they will burn in hell, then? Before the missionaries came. Several generations of native tribes flourished on west Africa. The owu war was a very brutal war that claimed many lives. I guess they will also burn! The king of Dahomey once killed ONE THOUSAND prisoners in one day to appease HIS God, imagine the surprise of the innocent prisoners which included women and children when they find themselves undergoing the same punishment with the Dahomey king.

Dude, you have a brain! Reason! Think! Do you really think God is that wicked? If he is, then why is he lying that he is a good God that loves us? Can you cut off your son's fingers for stealing all your money?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2015
[s]
bxcode:
[/s]
Rubbish

Then why is God "all knowing"
He knows the beginning and the end. i.e, he knew Satan will end up being rebellious and yet, he still created him....
YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND OR ASSUME FOR GOD.

2 Likes

DoubleDeeX:

Man was created in the image of God then we got perverted by Satan and lost our estate! In this fallen state we are more like Satan whose end is the lake of fire. We adopted imperfection and sin through disobedience...

But for God not to fail in His purpose for creating man, He sacrifice His only begotten son for our disobedience so that through His obedience, that led to resurrection, we may have eternal life. So, any man who doesn't have Jesus Christ has an automatic death sentence (total annihilation of body, soul and spirit) hanging on his/her neck.

If God's righteous judgement did not spare Satan who use to be an angel of light but condemned and reserved him for total destruction in the lake of fire, who is man that the Lord would spare for going the way of Satan? Satan's way was and will always be rebellion against his creator!

All sinners who reject salvation through Christ Jesus would share Satan's fate; it's as simple as that! God is a righteous judge!
. Satan?? Satan you say?? Who created satan?? If God didn't create sin will satan be able to rebel against God in the first place?? And don't tell me satan created sin cos God created every single thing whether good or bad.... I wonder how satan who was an angel got the idea or power to sin if sin never existed... Well if God does exist then I think he's the one behind everything.... And why will he create a place just to burn sinners and sinners to come... Just doesn't make sense to me

5 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ityP(m): 8:41am On Sep 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
Ah, but eternal death is actually better than eternal enjoyment . . . or at least what the bible describes it as.

Heaven's programme is clearly spelt out in the bible. We are going to heaven to praise God for eternity. There, we will be immortal, we will never cry, nor fall sick. Just so we can praise the lord for eternity.

However, with a sufficiently advanced mind. One must quickly realize that this is more torture than enjoyment. Imagine having 300 IQ but cannot pursue science, super strength but cannot save people, super riches but cannot buy cars or anything. Everyone wears robes. In short. You will have everything you've ever wanted on earth, but you will never be able to use it. That . . . sucks, really. Especially considering the fact that you're also going to be praising God forever. . . .

Compared with eternal death . . .

Well, that's probably better because you would have peace forever. I mean, you don't exist anymore. So it's all good!
If we had to choose between heaven and eternal death, nobody would be religious.
So, the only way to get anyone to choose heaven is to give a much more unsavoury option. Hell. Makes heaven seem like . . . well, heaven. smiley

So, yeah. Hellfire is probably the most important tool in bringing people to God. Don't dismiss it so quickly. wink

another doctrine of the church that drives me nuts... Psalms 37:11,29.... d vast majority of righteous individuals would stay here on a cleansed, perfect earth.... we'd have that perfect IQ to pursue science so deeply, we'd not need money, technology would be at an all time high, cars, many things in that line would be produced, far sophisticated than we can ever imagine... no sickness or suffering to hinder one's enjoyment... wonderful family ties... human-animal relationship would be restored... food would be in abundance, and in variety .... loved ones who had died would be back, never to part again.... adventure trips would so make sense... we'd get to meet those guys we read of in the bible, moses, Abraham, David, Daniel, Job.... we'd get to talk to them and ask them questions.... gosh, eternal life would so make sense
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by MizMyColi(f): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2015
This is why people are certain that I don't believe in God.

I have a problem with a god who judges me silly.
I have a problem with a god who is always punishing me.
I have a problem with a god who is emotionally unstable and almost manic.
I have a problem with a god who is double faced.

The earlier Most Christians realize that they have been sold a false concept of God, the better.

Sometimes, it takes leaving the "faith" completely to find the true God.
You will then realize that it/he has always been a part of you....a powerful force/dimension which the world and mind couldn't possibly fathom.

Now that is the paradox of our FAITH.

The bible is good, yes.
But I can bet my one cup of rice that most of us read it in very awkward ways....no wonder the letters keep killing us...instead of making better.

Simply put...
I don't believe in that gruesome hell fire.
That God that punishes people heartlessly for eternity without any plan to restore ALL men to himself is heartless and is MY DEVIL.

I understand that many of you will read this and feel bad. But that's a good thing. With time, you will forgive the militancy of my message and accept the core of it.

That God in you, God within...is love.
There is no iota of darkness in him, there is neither shadow of turning. His forgiveness and will to give you abundant life can never seize. You are an amazing work of creation...the condemnation and guilt and sense of separation, even the fear of hell and worth nots that you are experience are not of God.

Be aware today.
Be aware of presence, be aware of Christ in you...it/he is your only hope of glory.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 20, 2015
Dekatron:

why must he kill his son before he can forgive us? Since Satan was his creation?

Lucifer was created perfect but his pride became iniquity which made him rebelled against his creator; that was when he became "Satan".

For God to judge and demonstrate that Satan failed, He created man and gave man free will, then Satan cunningly deceived man into disobedience too to show that God's purpose failed! And because the price for disobedience is death, man was automatically condemned too; but because God loves man and His purpose for creating man was so he(man) could pass the test of obedience and judge Satan, he brought in His son in human form to rescue the situation. Jesus Christ passed the test of obedience (Jesus' temptation by Satan) and as a man without sin also died the death of a sinner so that whosoever believe in Him would receive eternal life.

So, any man who doesn't believe that Jesus Christ paid for his sin would be condemned....but he who believes would be conformed into the image of Jesus Christ (To be established in righteousness) giving him power to become an adopted child of God.

It's all spiritual sister; seek Him genuinely and the truth would be revealed to you!

Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by otiigba1(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2015
ityP:

he could have just said what he meant literally, this is why why the whole Bible appears confusing, because somw christians interpret it differently, God will send sinners to hell fire and they will burn forever, i mean we are only small, there will be nothing left after a few days of barbecuing us, let alone forever grin. Is there really anything like forever?
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by SeverusSnape(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2015
MizMyColi:
This is why people are certain that I don't believe in God.

I have a problem with a god who judges me silly.
I have a problem with a god who is always punishing me.
I have a problem with a god who is emotionally unstable and almost manic.
I have a problem with a god who is double faced.

The earlier Most Christians realize that they have been sold a false concept of God, the better.

Sometimes, it takes leaving the "faith" completely to find the true God.
You will then realize that it/he has always been a part of you....a powerful force/dimension which the world and mind couldn't possibly fathom.

Now that is the paradox of our FAITH.

The bible is good, yes.
But I can bet my one cup of rice that most of us read it in very awkward ways....no wonder the letters keep killing us...instead of making better.

Simply put...
I don't believe in that gruesome hell fire.
That God punishes people heartlessly for eternity without any plan to restore ALL men to himself is heartless and is MY DEVIL.

I understand that many of you will read this and feel bad. But that's a good thing. With time, you will forgive the militancy of my marriage and accept the core of it.

That God in you, God within...is love.
There is no iota of darkness in him, there is neither shadow of turning. His forgiveness and will to give you abundant life can never seize. You are an amazing work of creation...the condemnation and guilt and sense of separation, even the fear of hell and worth nots that you are experience are not of God.

Be aware today.
Be aware of presence, be aware of Christ in you...it/he is your only hope of glory.

8 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 / Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.