Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? (2154 Views)

Where To Buy Pure Natural Bee Honey In Lagos:08139458588 / How Honey Hunters Risk Their Lives To Get Honey From The Himalayas(Photos) / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by yungchap(m): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

Can someone who is very familiar with PURE honey share Tips on how to identify PURE honey?

Secondly, where can someone get a PURE honey in Lagos?

Waiting for your earnest replies...

Thanks
Re: How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by shikshark: 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
pour a little on a paper and try to burn it
.....if its a bit flammable its real...if its not just give back to the owner because its glorified sugar.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by SurefireAsoOke: 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
THICKNESS
Re: How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by mrking3(m): 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
best tip! Remove one stick of match from the box, deep it into the honey, then strike the match on the box. If it lights while soaked, then Its ORIGINAL.
Re: How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2015
In a container, turn it upsidedown,
If it rises slowly, its honey,
If it rushes to the new level like water.... Its not,
Re: How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by yungchap(m): 5:19am On Sep 20, 2015
mrking3:
best tip! Remove one stick of match from the box, deep it into the honey, then strike the match on the box. If it lights while soaked, then Its ORIGINAL.

@Mrking3,

Am I expected to remove the one stick of match I deeped into the honey to strike or to strike a different stick of match?
Re: How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by mrking3(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2015
yungchap:

@Mrking3,

Am I expected to remove the one stick of match I deeped into the honey to strike or to strike a different stick of match?
yes Romove it from the honey, while soaked with honey on the Red or Black tip of the match then strike it like when trying to light your Gas or canddle. If it light up while soaked then its UNDILUTED and ORIGINAL .
Re: How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by yungchap(m): 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
mrking3:
yes Romove it from the honey, while soaked with honey on the Red or Black tip of the match then strike it like when trying to light your Gas or canddle. If it light up while soaked then its UNDILUTED and ORIGINAL .

I have tried it... It pass the Test, but what amazes me the most is that : someone told me that I should have a bottle of Eva water and pour a spoonful of honey in the water, if the Honey sink to the bottom of the water and diffuse or spread after..... It is Pure honey but if otherwise, its not.

However, I tried it but the honey sank to the bottom of the water but refused to spread after

Infact below is the picture of the water Test I tried...

Please what's the perfect test? Its becoming complicating!

Re: How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by mrking3(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
yungchap:

I have tried it... It pass the Test, but what amazes me the most is that : someone told me that I should have a bottle of Eva water and pour a spoonful of honey in the water, if the Honey sink to the bottom of the water and diffuse or spread after..... It is Pure honey but if otherwise, its not.

However, I tried it but the honey sank to the bottom of the water but refused to spread after

Infact below is the picture of the water Test I tried...

Please what's the perfect test? Its becoming complicating!
bros! Pls don't get yourself worked up over this! Just try that simple Test I told you about and you're good!!! That's all. Some will tell you to drop it on a sandy soil, if it Gathers the sand together, that means its original. If it doesn't that means its fake. Try it if the sand gums together fine and Good!!
Re: How Can I Identify Pure Or Genuine Honey? by yungchap(m): 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
mrking3:
bros! Pls don't get yourself worked up over this! Just try that simple Test I told you about and you're good!!! That's all. Some will tell you to drop it on a sandy soil, if it Gathers the sand together, that means its original. If it doesn't that means its fake. Try it if the sand gums together fine and Good!!

Thanks a lot for your Awesome contribution. Just want to be sure I'm not taking the DILUTED one because of its Consequences

(1) (Reply)

I Bake Beautiful Cakes.... / Step By Step Tutorial Chanel Bag Cake / Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.