Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities (75890 Views)

10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / List Of The 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In University Of Ibadan / Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by MyschoolNG(m): 1:46am On Sep 20, 2015
I think what I have below are the most difficult course to study in any Nigerian universities.

1) Medicine & surgery: In the field of medicine, it is another world of studies because you will find yourself studying for many years, some may succeed but some will deviate to another major.

2)Law: being a law student is what most of aspirants wants but law is just like medicine you will spend most of your time in school also spending your time reading many books

3)Engineering: the field of engineering is the field of technology, not only being a technician, you must also apply the knowledge of mathematics to your work. that is, it entails lots of calculation. it is said that there is no fine boy in engineering department because all don't have time for that.

4)Mathematics: we all know what mathematics is all about and what it takes, a mathematician is a professional in mathematics, mathematics. involves lots of calculation thought your life.

5)Statistics:this is another discipline that is just like mathematics, statisticians are applied mathematicians, they use mathematics to solve real life problems, it entails lots of mathematics and some borrowed courses that are not even part of your discipline (eg, economics)

6)Chemistry: you guys may be surprise about this major but chemistry is not an easy course, chemistry is really a broad course, you find out using your time mixing chemicals in the lab and cramming formulars and theories.

7) Architecture: Archi is another discipline that in which you spend most of your time in school, at times you sleep in school drawing and sketching diagrams for planning.

http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/40291/7-most-difficult-courses-to-study-in-nigerian-universities.html

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by DebbyChris(f): 2:49am On Sep 20, 2015
Ok, but i don't believe any course is difficult or easy, you just have to work hard, read and succeed with God helping you.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Faremisodeeq(m): 3:39am On Sep 20, 2015
where Geology abi OP n sun nii

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by HaffeezMahmud(m): 4:01am On Sep 20, 2015
all courses are nt easy it depends on how u handle it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 20, 2015
Lol. Law...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Eldorado01(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2015
am a proud statistician.....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by mesoade(m): 6:47am On Sep 20, 2015
Research about vetinary medicine,it should be no.1 it involves various animals unlike medicine which is about only humans . . And also Dentistry and dental surgery should be no.2,that course is harder than medicine too(if you doubt me,ask any medicine student which has faculty of dentistry in his/her school) ,they write more professional exams than medicine students

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Donfamous(m): 7:25am On Sep 20, 2015
mesoade:
Research about vetinary medicine,it should be no.1 it involves various animals unlike medicine which is about only humans . . And also Dentistry and dental surgery should be no.2,that course is harder than medicine too(if you doubt me,ask any medicine student which has faculty of dentistry in his/her school) ,they write 2 m.b.b.s while medicine write 1.
whr ar u gettin all dis propaganda u ar spewing, stop postin what u heard nd havent confirmed. are u a med or dentistary student.
who told u med student write one mbbs

11 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by hatux: 7:38am On Sep 20, 2015
True bout architecture....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by adeyemi4304: 7:38am On Sep 20, 2015
For sure medicine is difficult buh dentistry is more difficult becos u have to do all medical courses plus dental courses and u have to do ur own praticals un monitored, dentistry require a) smart brain as readind med b) they require superior manual dexterity Dan med student. c) They also require a better assimilation rate cos dey must perform all praticals b4 they grad
pharmacy is also one,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by chudidonas(m): 7:52am On Sep 20, 2015
Op Vet Medicine is tougher than medicine & surg

11 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Tolzeal(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2015
Proudly STATISTICIAN .....
FACTS BASED ON DATA.

13 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 20, 2015
Mathematica is not hard. Neither is engineering. But law is. And medicine. And education.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by jaybee104(m): 9:32am On Sep 20, 2015
Yea. No fine/fresh Engine boy oo

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by mesoade(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2015
Donfamous:
whr ar u gettin all dis propaganda u ar spewing, stop postin what u heard nd havent confirmed. are u a med or dentistary student.
who told u med student write one mbbs
okay sir,tell me more i need to know
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by mesoade(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2015
adeyemi4304:
For sure medicine is difficult buh dentistry is more difficult becos u have to do all medical courses plus dental courses and u have to do ur own praticals un monitored, dentistry require a) smart brain as readind med b) they require superior manual dexterity Dan med student. c) They also require a better assimilation rate cos dey must perform all praticals b4 they grad
pharmacy is also one,
are you a dentistry student?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ionsman: 10:45am On Sep 20, 2015
Where is pharmacy? You know nada....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by HighIQ(m): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2015
mesoade:
Research about vetinary medicine,it should be no.1 it involves various animals unlike medicine which is about only humans . . And also Dentistry and dental surgery should be no.2,that course is harder than medicine too(if you doubt me,ask any medicine student which has faculty of dentistry in his/her school) ,they write 2 m.b.b.s while medicine write 1.
u make sense and biochemistry too

4 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by fernandoc(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
Mathematica is not hard. Neither is engineering. But law is. And medicine. And education.
See your mouth like Mathematics is not hard. You go just dey your house dey assume.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2015
Foreign languages

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
fernandoc:

See your mouth like Mathematics is not hard. You go just dey your house dey assume.
Lolz.
I teach myself mathematics in my spare time. I'm currently doing some rather advanced topics for my level.

That was how people kept shouting that calculus is hard. I listened and stayed away from it, until one day when I just damned it and read it. Understood differentiation within minutes using a very bad textbook sef.

Even "complex numbers" is quite the opposite.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Ekpekus(m): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
adeyemi4304:
pharmacy is also one,
Dentistry do not do Obstetrics and gynecology.
As per the points raised, its individual dependent. don't generalise.

Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
Lolz.
I teach myself mathematics in my spare time. I'm currently doing some rather advanced topics for my level.

That was how people kept shouting that calculus is hard. I listened and stayed away from it, until one day when I just damned it and read it. Understood differentiation within minutes using a very bad textbook sef.

SMH, you are studying secondary school mathematics u are feeling pompous...
Get your skull right and enter the real word of mathematics you will understand better but you will cope sha cuz what a can can can a can can can

7 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
Habiz:

SMH, you are studying secondary school mathematics u are feeling pompous...
Get your skull right and enter the real word of mathematics you will understand better but you will cope sha cuz what a can can can a can can can
I'm not feeling pompous. Maths is not hard. Stop giving these lazy students hope. Was it not humans that did it in the past? Some people actually like this subject. Okay? Stop spreading lies around.

If you cannot do maths, say it. We will understand. Not everyone has the flair. But saying it's difficult and stuff . . . you're not helping things.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Yungmilio2(m): 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
statistics should not be on that list .. physics is a tough one

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by fernandoc(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
Lolz.

You think Mathematics is simple because you understood calculus and complex number using maybe Engineering Mathematics textbook. Why don't you major in it and come back to tell us how simple other advance topics you've not heard about are. Stop saying what you don't know. Mathematics requires a lot of abstract thinking and some of the courses are very tasking you will do well with a good background in secondary Mathematics but it's not simple.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Favparis(f): 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
where Geology abi OP n sun nii

Is geology more difficult than Physics?

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Elevation(m): 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry and Spectroscopy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by lanxebony(m): 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
@ op you never think about nursing... Check d rate at WC council exam is done.
Sch of nursing or uni nursing , failed two courses repeat the year

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Fozi(m): 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Political science in Unical

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Aspiregreat: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
My Listcheesy.

Geology sad
physics
mathematics
geo-physics
vet-medshocked
chemistry...

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project / Dr. Ini Umoren, University Of Uyo Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Harassment (Photo) / What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.