Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities (75896 Views)

10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / List Of The 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In University Of Ibadan / Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Yungmilio2(m): 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lordseyad:
grin 222 no be all those 121,131,211 o..
i hear u
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Miktech: 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
CADD &PIPING TRAINING IN LAGOS AND ITZ ENVIRONS. We offer the following engineering design and Process piping software Training.(Home services Available). Our Training courses are as follows: 1)AutoCAD 2D Drafting & 3D modelling; Engineers,Graduates and Undergradutes of Engineering,Architecture,Building Technology and Physical Science. 2)Piping & Instrumentation Design/Interpretation(P&ID): Mechanical,Process/ Chemical Engineers. 3)PDMS(Plant Design Management System): Mechanical,chemical,civil,petroleum,Electrical and Process Engineers and Undergraduates. 4)Architectural Plan drawings; Floor plan,Roof plan,Elevations,Sections. TRAINING AND CONSULTANCY @ MIKTECH CONSULTING. 08108592240, 08138465289. EMAIL:-adenijikayode3@gmail.com. You can also get d softwares,Videos and training manuals..
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by angiography(m): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Youpele52:

Lemme tell you the meaning of RIP.
It means:

Rest in Peace.
That's always been in my messages to you why can't you just RIP angry
ok...all is well with you son
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by HaneefahRN(f): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

that's all you wanted to say...
Welldone Miss Nurse.
Most of ur course is all about cramming... Dont dispute that. Cramming is part of studying
O Thank u, Mr ? I wasn't arguing the cramming part, u saying it's no big deal was what struck me. Of course there are some things one has no option but to cram, like stuffs u have to write them verbatim without mistaking 'at' for 'in'. Although personally I don't like cramming, I read to understand then put in my own words.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Chanzy1(m): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
Mathematica is not hard. Neither is engineering. But law is. And medicine. And education.

Education is tough but engineering isn't? Wow what a funny joke, I laughed

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Chanzy1(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
No matter how this discussion turns out, nobody should tell that every course is equally tasking as the other.
That is like saying it takes the same effort to pass out from Hotel management as Geology.

Maybe that you have to spend equal sleepless night as a political science student as do Engineering students.
DON'T SAY SUCH STUFF AGAIN unless you have eliminated the heisinberg principal of uncertainty.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
do you know why it is not easy?
because nothing is, really. all these courses are difficult. go ask an average engineer. they will also complain about their course. same with a doctor and a teacher and a musician. they all do complain about these things.

if all courses are then difficult, it follows that none are. since they all score the same.
i think the real problem is the mental exertion. the "work" the brain does in processing all of this. don't you think?
when you were four, long division seemed like the end of the world. how about now?
it's all about the perspective. maths is not hard. it is the ones that do it that are not up to the task . . . or something like that.

Lol! I ws teaching a young student math. some days ago n I said to her " we will use long division to solve this problem" n she said " uncle no! Let use short division"

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Gbengem(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

Oga, calm down, am a Sta student, so mathematics is not a big-deal to me. Talking about theorems; Is it not about memorising it? Am saying it once again, If you are analytical and you have passion for calculation and, maths will be simple!
Bro try U.I Maths. I promise u'll hate maths Ask from any Science or Engineering student u knw in UI
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
Danfuster:

This guy knows nothing about maths. Let me give you homework... Just a few:
1. Vector analysis 2. Fourier series 3. taylor series
Come back and you go get sense
Mr. Remove fourier series n put fourier Transform. I hope u get
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by hawk05(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

dont mind Him jare, all those 100L sta na jara o! I dont think He offered 222 last semester... You study in Unilorin abi?
Yep man! #BetterByFar.. 222 na smal tins.. Go for pure Econometric
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nelico: 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
Any course u study requires focus, determination & hardwork. But some of the courses listed above like medicine requires extra input, because many are admitted, very few eventually graduate. Any paramedical (pharmacy, dentistry, lab. science, etc) attacking medicine is purely born out of cheer envy & jealousy. Dental students only do elementary medicine & introduction to surgery, but have no knowledge of obstetrics, Gynaecology, paediatrics & child health, psychiatry, community medicine, family medicine, etc. Absolutely, majority of haters of Doctors are medical drop out & those frustrated by JAMB from studying medicine. Such always fight hard for their offsprings to be Doctors.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Danfuster(m): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
MyFlair:

Mr. Remove fourier series n put fourier Transform. I hope u get

Thanks man, I was just trying to go easy on the self acclaimed mathematician. By the time he sees triple integral with series of summation and Landa.... He will surely receive sense.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Danfuster(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
In short... I forbid anyone to say engineering is easy cos it's a taboo to say so . I graduated from University of Ado Ekiti, a state known for its numerous professors. Trust me it wasn't easy impressing those professors.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
[quote author=niyi20 post=38227251]Op u try but where u put Geology and mining? u study geology?? if yes which school?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
[quote author=niyi20 post=38227251]Op u try but where u put Geology and mining

u study geology i guess, which school did u graduate from?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
bighead1:

You be Geologist
are u a geologist too?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Felaak47(m): 1:20am On Sep 22, 2015
DebbyChris:
Ok, but i don't believe any course is difficult or easy, you just have to work hard, read and succeed with God helping you.
wake up pls do you think it's easy to be a master thinker?...come to architectural department u go bow.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Felaak47(m): 1:26am On Sep 22, 2015
lanxebony:
@ op you never think about nursing... Check d rate at WC council exam is done.
Sch of nursing or uni nursing , failed two courses repeat the year
y must u even fail a course @the first instance?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by keenn: 6:51am On Sep 22, 2015
Kennydoc:

While I agree with you that dentistry is more difficult than medicine, cos I had enough of them around me while we were in school, and I knew their programme, I will state it categorically that they don't do all the courses those in medicine and Surgery do.
Medical courses which aren't part of the dental programme include:
*Paediatrics
*Obstetrics and Gynaecology
*Community Medicine
*Psychiatry
*Also they don't do the complete courses in Radiology, Ophthalmology and Orthopaedics.

Nigga, let me give u a detail courses a 400level dental students as done, may be u can now restructure ur inference about wish is tougher or harder:
Anatomy
Physiology
Biochemistry
medical psychology
Clinical psychology
Medical statistics
Morbid anatomy
Pharmacology
Medical microbiology and parasitology
Clinical pathology
Heamatology and blood transfusion
Burns and plastic surgery
Orthopedic and trauma
General surgery
Medicine
Radiodiagnostic/radiotherapy and radiology
Anesthetics
Community medicine
Minor classes in opthalmology, O and G,...

U see, this said 400level dental student doesn't know jack as far as dentistry is concern for his level, he actually hasn't started.

When medical students are talking medicine, u and I know dental students aint novice, they can actively engage them BIG TIME.

But when dental students are talking dentistry, my God! Medical students are stack illiterate.

For outside(non medical related) observers this might sound funny since many people think dentistry is just teeth, but that's the bitter truth...no wonder dentist are better paid

If am wrong, any medical student can quote me

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by HaneefahRN(f): 7:10am On Sep 22, 2015
Nelico:
Any course u study requires focus, determination & hardwork. But some of the courses listed above like medicine requires extra input, because many are admitted, very few eventually graduate. Any paramedical (pharmacy, dentistry, lab. science, etc) attacking medicine is purely born out of cheer envy & jealousy. Dental students only do elementary medicine & introduction to surgery, but have no knowledge of obstetrics, Gynaecology, paediatrics & child health, psychiatry, community medicine, family medicine, etc. Absolutely, majority of haters of Doctors are medical drop out & those frustrated by JAMB from studying medicine. Such always fight hard for their offsprings to be Doctors.
Typical, anybody who speaks 'against' medicine must be jealous.I respect physicians but u guys really need to change that mentality. Anyway no one said medicine isn't tasking, cos it definitely is with all the bulky course load but so are many courses.
Pls can u differentiate the core health professionals from the paramedics? I only quoted u to tell u check again, pharmacy is not 'paramedical', and last I remembered, dentistry and dental surgery is a brother to medicine and surgery and are also Drs .Sorry, I guess u probably thought medicine is the only core health course.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 8:25am On Sep 22, 2015
Gbengem:
Bro try U.I Maths. I promise u'll hate maths Ask from any Science or Engineering student u knw in UI

all Schools offer the same syllabus, UI own is not different. There is no biggy in Maths...
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Tex42(m): 8:29am On Sep 22, 2015
Adek15:
are u in Uniport?
A Zikite bro, as in Unizik. I tell u, civil engineering in this University is Suicide...
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 8:34am On Sep 22, 2015
HaneefahRN:

O Thank u, Mr ? I wasn't arguing the cramming part, u saying it's no big deal was what struck me. Of course there are some things one has no option but to cram, like stuffs u have to write them verbatim without mistaking 'at' for 'in'. Although personally I don't like cramming, I read to understand then put in my own words.

you said 'pls dont say what you dont know' I research almost everyday, so I know about most Science courses... that is where I came in, reading is my no1 hubby, I go through most of their materials, I ask them questions, reading in any Level can't be impossible because to me because, its all about the book. Thank you
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by mikechrisgeneral(m): 8:40am On Sep 22, 2015
Hmm
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by mikechrisgeneral(m): 8:44am On Sep 22, 2015
If the above are the most difficult courses studied in Nigerian University as your thought suggest, what about always criticising PHILOSOPHY that critically questions people's answers and proffers idealistic solutions?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Vanderandrew(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2015
Geology is harder than mathematics
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Kennydoc(m): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2015
keenn:

Nigga, let me give u a detail courses a 400level dental students as done, may be u can now restructure ur inference about wish is tougher or harder:
Anatomy
Physiology
Biochemistry
medical psychology
Clinical psychology
Medical statistics
Morbid anatomy
Pharmacology
Medical microbiology and parasitology
Clinical pathology
Heamatology and blood transfusion
Burns and plastic surgery
Orthopedic and trauma
General surgery
Medicine
Radiodiagnostic/radiotherapy and radiology
Anesthetics
Community medicine
Minor classes in opthalmology, O and G,...

U see, this said 400level dental student doesn't know jack as far as dentistry is concern for his level, he actually hasn't started.

When medical students are talking medicine, u and I know dental students aint novice, they can actively engage them BIG TIME.

But when dental students are talking dentistry, my God! Medical students are stack illiterate.

For outside(non medical related) observers this might sound funny since many people think dentistry is just teeth, but that's the bitter truth...no wonder dentist are better paid

If am wrong, any medical student can quote me

The first statement I made was that Dentistry is more difficult than medicine, but then again, your post shows a bit of inexperience.

I schooled in uniben, so I understand how the dental programme is there. I read medicine by the way.
Dental students in uniben only do medicine and surgery in 500L. They are only taught a bit of both courses, not the whole details because their medical counterparts offer the same courses in parts of 400 till 600L. The coverage for medical students is much wider, based on topics taught.
Dental students have no business with O&G and they only do a bit of Radiology and Ophthalmology.
Also in uniben, they do Community dentistry, which is a far cry from the entire Community Health.

If however you school in OAU, then I may agree with you to some extent because OAU awards their Dental graduates Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Dental Surgery. Other schools just award Bachelor of Dental Surgery.

It will be a delusion of the highest proportion to think that the core dental courses can be added to most of the medical courses, and you will be able to go through it in 6 years. It's only selected topics in core medicine and Surgery courses that dental students are taught.

To say that dentists are better paid anywhere in the world shows that you're inexperienced. The highest paid medical practitioners are usually Neurosurgeons and Anaesthetists. In private practice in Nigeria, Dentists are very poorly paid. Ask your senior colleagues in school.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by sagaciousblog: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2015
Nelico:
ignorance is when you call Dentistry a PARAMEDIC course....isn't a Dentist a Doctor?? Your post shows your level of intelligence...#no offence intended!

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by keenn: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2015
Kennydoc:

The first statement I made was that Dentistry is more difficult than medicine, but then again, your post shows a bit of inexperience.

I schooled in uniben, so I understand how the dental programme is there. I read medicine by the way.
Dental students in uniben only do medicine and surgery in 500L. They are only taught a bit of both courses, not the whole details because their medical counterparts offer the same courses in parts of 400 till 600L. The coverage for medical students is much wider, based on topics taught.
Dental students have no business with O&G and they only do a bit of Radiology and Ophthalmology.
Also in uniben, they do Community dentistry, which is a far cry from the entire Community Health.

If however you school in OAU, then I may agree with you to some extent because OAU awards their Dental graduates Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Dental Surgery. Other schools just award Bachelor of Dental Surgery.

It will be a delusion of the highest proportion to think that the core dental courses can be added to most of the medical courses, and you will be able to go through it in 6 years. It's only selected topics in core medicine and Surgery courses that dental students are taught.

To say that dentists are better paid anywhere in the world shows that you're inexperienced. The highest paid medical practitioners are usually Neurosurgeons and Anaesthetists. In private practice in Nigeria, Dentists are very poorly paid. Ask your senior colleagues in school.

Why didn't u say dentist are poorly paid in government practice, u and I both know medical doctors are over use and severely underpaid in private practices, that bad that some medics run 3 jobs-night inclusive to meet up with daily bread...the exception u made cut acrosses all levels of employment as far as private practice is concerned.

Nigga, u quite agree that dentistry is way tedious than medicine but u became sarcastic along the line listing the courses medical students do that dental student don't offer. And that I beg to differ.

Do u actually mean when u discuss OandG, ophthalmology and your community health, a dental student will keep mute?

But u sure know more than I do how numb u'll be when the dental guys talk

And tell me you did all about radiology, ophthalmology and OandG. Because as far as I can remember, I believe there are residency programmes for these courses. LMAO

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by sagaciousblog: 11:57am On Sep 22, 2015
Kennydoc:

It will be a delusion of the highest proportion to think that the core dental courses can be added to most of the medical courses, and you will be table to go through it in 6 years. It's only selected topics in core medicine and Surgery courses that dental students are taught.

well said and articulated..the highest paid are medical practitioners especially the orthopedics according to forbes but Dentists aren't poorly paid though as you claim...
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by sagaciousblog: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
keenn:

Why didn't u say dentist are poorly paid in government practice, u and I both know medical doctors are over use and severely underpaid in private practices, that bad that some medics run 3 jobs-night inclusive to meet up with daily bread...the exception u made cut acrosses all levels of employment as far as private practice is concerned.

Nigga, u quite agree that dentistry is way tedious than medicine but u became sarcastic along the line listing the courses medical students do that dental student don't offer. And that I beg to differ.

Do u actually mean when u discuss OandG, ophthalmology and your community health, a dental student will keep mute?

And tell me you did all about radiology, ophthalmology and OandG. Because as far as I can remember, I believe there are residency programmes for these courses. LMAO

Dentistry has been in the number 1 spot of THE 100 best jobs in the world since 2013...i think you guys should leave the comparison issue...Dentistry and Medicine need no comparison as they both work hand in hand...that's why both Medical surgeons and Dental Surgeons must always be on ground in the A&E ward...#case closed!
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Kennydoc(m): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
keenn:

I DIDN'T MENTION GOVERNMENT SETTING BECAUSE MEDICAL DOCTORS AND DENTISTS ARE ON THE SAME SALARY SCALE. THEY ARE BOTH UNDER MDCN AND NMA.

DENTISTRY IS MORE TEDIOUS, BUT NOT TO THE EXTENT YOU'RE TAKING IT. I HAD DENTAL FRIENDS IN SCHOOL. THEY UNDERWENT MORE STRESS, BUT THEY WERE NOT REALLY MORE INTELLIGENT. MOST OF OUR COLLEAGUES THAT MADE DISTINCTIONS IN 2ND MBBS/BDS PART 1 WERE IN MEDICINE.

THEY WON'T KEEP MUTE OBVIOUSLY, BUT THEY KNOW JUST VERY LITTLE IN THEM, JUST LIKE MEDICAL STUDENTS WON'T KEEP MUTE WHEN DENTALS DISCUSS ORAL BIOLOGY OR DENTALS SURGERY. HOWEVER, DENTAL COURSES LIKE OPERATIVE TECHNIQUES AND PROSTHETIC TECHNIQUES DEFINITELY SOUND STRANGE TO MEDICAL STUDENTS.

LIKE I SAID ABOVE, IT DEPENDS ON THE DENTAL COURSE BEING DISCUSSED.

WELL, I WAS MERELY REFERRING TO THE BACHELORS DEGREE COURSE OUTLINE OF THOSE COURSES. I DO HOPE YOU KNOW THAT NURSING STUDENTS DO A BIT OF PATHOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY, BUT CAN YOU COMPARE IT TO THOSEE BEING OFFERED BY MEDICAL AND DENTAL STUDENTS? IT'S ALSO LIKE COMPARING ANATOMY DONE BY PHARMACY STUDENTS TO THE SAME COURSE DONE BY MEDICAL STUDENTS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project / Dr. Ini Umoren, University Of Uyo Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Harassment (Photo) / What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.