Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation (46613 Views)

Buhari: Court Asked To Order Saraki To Set Up Medical Panel / Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me / Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence- The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by ALISMILE(m): 2:10am On Sep 20, 2015
• Police await warrant of arrest
• CCT chairman shuts down phones to stave off pressure
• South-East Senator implicated in Saraki’s ex parte application drama

There was anxiety yesterday following the relocation of the President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki, from his personal residence in Maitama District in Abuja.

He was said to have moved to the official Guest House of the Office of the President of the Senate for “security reasons.”

It was learnt that the invasion of the Guest House by the police to arrest Saraki might be considered an assault on the Senate.

But the police were still awaiting the warrant of arrest from the Code of Conduct Tribunal on yesterday.

To stave off pressure, the Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, Justice Danladi Umar, has allegedly switched off all his mobile lines.

Findings by our correspondent revealed that Saraki has moved out of his personal residence to an official apartment for “strategic reasons and safety.”

A source said: “The President of the Senate has relocated from his personal house in Abuja. Saraki is now staying in the official Guest House of the President of the Senate which is like a sacred place like the hallowed chamber of the Senate.

“If the police and security agencies invade or storm the place, it will amount to a slap on the upper chamber. This can make the Senate to join issues with the Executive despite the fact that there is no immunity for any National Assembly leaders.

“He has also been consulting with his strategists on how to vacate the Bench warrant against him by the Code of Conduct Tribunal.”

When contacted, an aide to the Senate President, however, said: “He actually moved to the Guest House since Monday because of the ongoing renovation in his personal residence due to a recent fire incident.”

As at press time, however, the police could not effect the arrest of Saraki because it was still awaiting a copy of the Bench warrant from the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

There were indications that the warrant might be sent to the police on Monday.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Olabisi Kolawole, said: “We are yet to receive the bench warrant.”

She avoided further comments when pressed to expatiate on the development.

A top source said: “I think the long session of the tribunal on Friday accounted for the delay in making the warrant available to the police.

“And a tribunal will have no justification for issuing warrant of arrest on Saturday when it is not an official period.

“The police have to be careful because any procedural error in the execution of bench warrant could affect the merit or otherwise of the case at hand.

“The police can get the warrant by 8am on Monday and effect the arrest of the President of the Senate immediately.”

All attempts to speak with the Chairman of CCT, Justice Danladi Umar failed as his phones had been switched off.

An official of the tribunal could not immediately ascertain the status of the bench warrant.

The official said: “I cannot give you the status on the bench warrant until Monday. I knew it was being processed after the session on Friday.

“On the CCT chairman, he has to switch off because of pressure from politicians, friends and associates. Some people are just desperate to either speak or meet with him on the matter.

“Also, the case is sensitive and all his lines and other tribunal members will now be subjected to security checks by relevant agencies. Even some supporters of the defendant will be monitoring the call logs of Justice Umar.”

Meanwhile, a Senator from the South-East is being investigated by security agencies for allegedly being the brain behind the ex parte motion filed at a Federal High Court in Abuja to restrain the Code of Conduct Tribunal, Code of Conduct Bureau, and the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation from arraigning Saraki .

A security source said: “The said Senator is used to procuring ex parte order at will from the Federal High court. We are studying his antecedents, his relationship with some judges.

“The entire process was swift. We want to probe whether or not there was substantial compliance with the relevant rules and the role of the said Senator.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/anxiety-as-saraki-relocates-from-residence/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Jadonaldson(m): 2:11am On Sep 20, 2015
Una nor dey sleep?

Hmmmm undecided

1 & Only Jadon

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by ALISMILE(m): 2:14am On Sep 20, 2015
Jadonaldson:
Una nor dey sleep?
Hmmmm undecided
1 & Only Jadon
u nko

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by ALISMILE(m): 2:14am On Sep 20, 2015
Nawa o! 1st I hit front page! Now I knw the secret!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Jadonaldson(m): 2:16am On Sep 20, 2015
ALISMILE:
u nko

Me just wake try to get some sleep okay

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by grandstar(m): 2:17am On Sep 20, 2015
Fear don grip am! Its only 5yrs o! ;DFear don grip am! Its only 5yrs o!

13 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by rusher14: 2:22am On Sep 20, 2015
What maketh thou man to scurry, to seek refuge in a bunker?

Thou art the third most powerful man in thine country.

Show thine face to those that accuse thou of iniquity.

Behold thine self to officers of the law and makest thine people proud.

Is not thou a man of lawful repute?

Has thou compromised thine inheritance or that of thine servants?

Needest thou to worry.

For I am with thee.

191 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by ademega(m): 2:25am On Sep 20, 2015
you go fear fear
even if NA hell he go, police men go reach their.
let him relocate.

if NA u unko u no go fear and relocate? u go fear fear naw.
for every strong man there is always a low point. and if u can get a powerful man low point, he become gentle and powerless.

in all, even if he escape this dangling sword, his presidential ambition has been destroyed.

and with this, some plans has been destroyed.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Zabilon007(m): 2:27am On Sep 20, 2015
grandstar:
Fear don grip am! Its only 5yrs o! ;DFear don grip am! Its only 5yrs o!
5years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Zabilon007(m): 2:29am On Sep 20, 2015
rusher14:

Needest thou to worry.

For I am with thee.
when You wanted to study English but was offered Yoruba instead.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by rusher14: 2:33am On Sep 20, 2015
Zabilon007:
when You wanted to study English but was offered Yoruba instead.

Both advanced languages in their own rights.

None superior to the other. Admittedly though, one has wider usage but often more convoluted due to its various iterations.

161 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Adeyinka12(m): 2:42am On Sep 20, 2015
Egberun samu e ,kole samo'lorun lowo.

Let mere senate president go to mere kirikiri

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by pedel: 2:51am On Sep 20, 2015
rusher14:

Needest thou to worry.

For I am with thee.

Why speakest thou in KJV?
Why art thou deceiving thine Senate President? Knowest not thou that thine nation abhoreth corruption?
Tell thine Senate President to resign.
This is what that Lord saith to the Senate President: MENE, MENE, TEKEL, and PARSIN.
This is the word of the Lord concerning thee, oh Nigeria, Thou shall be free from the hands of thine oppressors that has held thee down since 1999.
Thus siath the Lord; all thine leaders, that has plunder thee shall all be childless and their houses shall be desolate.
I the Lord shall restore thy glory and thou shall no more be an outcast among the nations.

I have given thee my servant, Muhamadu Buhari, who shall lead thee in the way or restoration and thine reproach shall be taken away before the end of 2019.

295 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by fistonati(m): 3:04am On Sep 20, 2015
The hunter seems been hunted, LAW OF KARMA at its peek. Saraki, are u truly a criminal? Are u truly on ur own pls tell d court.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:16am On Sep 20, 2015
If i were Saraki i would go and dobale for the "mere commissioner" in Aso Rock and ask for his help to intercede on my behalf with the President and the Party....particularly with Jagaban.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Pangea: 3:17am On Sep 20, 2015
Come Monday,
He would be dug out, put in cuffs, paraded around Abuja and be presented before the court.
His sins has found him out!

26 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Gboliwe: 3:31am On Sep 20, 2015
TvC and the Nation newspapers carry this saga ontop their head like afro. grin grin grin

Continue. It's very good entertainment to me.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by menix(m): 3:32am On Sep 20, 2015
pedel:

Why speakest thou in KJV?
Why art thou deceiving thine Senate President? Knowest not thou that thine nation abhoreth corruption?
Tell thine Senate President to resign.
This is what that Lord saith to the Senate President: MENE, MENE, TEKEL, and PARSIN.
This is the word of the Lord concerning thee, oh Nigeria, Thou shall be free from the hands of thine oppressors that has held thee down since 1999.
Thus siath the Lord; all thine leaders, that has plunder thee shall all be childless and their houses shall be desolate.
I the Lord shall restore thy glory and thou shall no more be an outcast among the nations.

I have given thee my servant, Muhamadu Buhari, who shall lead thee in the way or restoration and thine reproach shall be taken away before the end of 2019.

Why are thou Judgesth, Jesus said to the crowd if thou has not sinned be the 1st to cast the stone nd they all vamoused.

Now I tell unto you, u re casting a stone when thou arth not a saint.

Saraki can be likeneth unto the woman of low virtue who Jesus forgave.

Saraki go and sin no more else ur story will be like the parable of the Ten Virgins.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by sentaljohn(m): 3:39am On Sep 20, 2015
Politics! Politics!! Politics!!!
Saraki is not a learner. I believe he'll survive diz and become stronger..
He's taught by the best

11 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by pedel: 3:46am On Sep 20, 2015
menix:

Why are thou Judgesth, Jesus said to the crowd if thou has not sinned be the 1st to cast the stone nd they all vamoused.

Now I tell unto you, u re casting a stone when thou arth not a saint.

Saraki can ne likeneth unto the woman of low virtue who Jesus forgave.

Saraki go and sin no more else ur story will be like the parable of the Ten Virgins.

Nay, my brother, I judgest not.
Why dost thou expect Jesus to judge the woman when thou knowest that it was a setup? Did they also brought the man who lied with woman? NO! Case closed.
Verily, verily I say unto thee, if they brought Saraki or any of the governors before Jesus Christ, he would have the IG on speed dial to come and arrest the thieves.
When thou seest a Nigerian politician approaching thine house, thou shalt lock thine door, lest thou allowed Satan into thine house; for the thieves cometh not but for to steal, to kill and to destroy.
May the Lord bless thee as thou goest to the church today; with thine wife. Tell thine pastor that pedel bid him good speed from Nairaland.

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 20, 2015
I just want to see people in prison, fast... tired of all these long stories!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by menix(m): 4:15am On Sep 20, 2015
pedel:

Nay, my brother, I judgest not.
Why dost thou expect Jesus to judge the woman when thou knowest that it was a setup? Did they also brought the man who lied with woman? NO! Case closed.
Verily, verily I say unto thee, if they brought Saraki or any of the governors before Jesus Christ, he would have the IG on speed dial to come and arrest the thieves.
When thou seest a Nigerian politician approaching thine house, thou shalt lock thine door, lest thou allowed Satan into thine house; for the thieves cometh not but for to steal, to kill and to destroy.
May the Lord bless thee as thou goest to the church today; with thine wife. Tell thine pastor that pedel bid him good speed from Nairaland.

Hohoho kikiki (Jewish Laugh)

Mene!! I say unto u, Jesus forgave the thief on the cross nd said "Truly I say unto u, today u shall b wiv me in paradise".
Arth Anini and saraki whose thiefest more?
Anini is, be thou told that the Thief on the cross is Anini great grrrrrreeeaaat grand father.

Finally brethren of the church of Nigeria, I say unto forgive a thief 3 scores and half times(X) seven before thou condemnest him...

Shalom broda Pedel.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 20, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
If i were Saraki i would go and dobale for the "mere commissioner" in Aso Rock and ask for his help to intercede on my behalf with the President and the Party....particularly with Jagaban.

Thank God you are not Saraki!!! Baba oloye's son does not dobale for any local champion!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Nobody: 4:23am On Sep 20, 2015
sentaljohn:
Politics! Politics!! Politics!!!

Saraki is not a learner. I believe he'll survive diz and become stronger..

He's taught by the best

Dont mind them!! Allow them to continue to feed on propaganda!! Nothing will come out of this case!!

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by pedel: 4:31am On Sep 20, 2015
menix:

Hohoho kikiki (Jewish Laugh)

Mene!! I say unto u, Jesus forgave the thief on the cross nd said "Truly I say unto u, today u shall b wiv me in paradise".
Arth Anini and saraki whose thiefest more?
Anini is, be thou told that the Thief on the cross is Anini great grrrrrreeeaaat grand father.

Finally brethren of the church of Nigeria, I say unto forgive a thief 3 scores and half times(X) seven before thou condemnest him...

Shalom broda Pedel.
What meanest thou brother? Why art thou laughing in Greek?
Doest thou remember that there were two thieves on the cross? Doest not thine Bible say one on the left and one on the right?
Doest not Jesus forgave ONLY the one who repent and probably confess where he hid the money he stole?
Did Jesus forgave Baraba the thief who was released for him to be crucified?
When people stealeth money big enough to develope a city they shall visit CCT without hiding behind any FHC stay of prosecution.
Wheresoever thou seest a WITCH thou shall also find an HUNTER.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Yello1(m): 4:41am On Sep 20, 2015
Uhmmm! D hurted might soon turn 2 be d hunter.i don talk ee
Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Zeinymira(f): 4:58am On Sep 20, 2015
And by the end of the week,I hope this man won't be roaming the street as a freeman.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki should consult bode George for prison survival skills.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by truelyt: 5:12am On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki can run to anywhere but he can never run away from himself

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by iphoneloaded(m): 5:13am On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Thank God you are not Saraki!!! Baba oloye's son does not dobale for any local champion!!

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by 5starmilitant: 5:52am On Sep 20, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

And that is why ur new title *SLAVES* fits you all, becos of this ur stupid DOBALE. Are they God? Any little thing, DOBALE. Even when they withdraw money from ATM, they will still DOBALE to the machine........ Nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation by Israel5(m): 5:54am On Sep 20, 2015
Hehehe.. Intalestinu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Commissions Nkpogu Bridge - Photos / Ruga: Femi Fani-Kayode Asks Atiku 3 Questions, A Troll Replies Him / Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.