Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner (3706 Views)

7 Reasons Why Every Foreigner Must Visit Nigeria/next Tourist Destination / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by emann: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2009
Happy Easter everyone. i will be going to Canada for my masters programme and i'm considering relocating there. what are the prospects there, i'm a graduate (29 yrs old), and i earn less than 60k here in Nigeria. does it worth is relocating?
any Canadian residents in the house?
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by belingo2: 3:09am On Apr 22, 2009
I am a canadian resident, will be citizen in september, canada is really a nice country if u ask, very peaceful and the people here are nice too. it depends on what field/profession u in. u make less than 60k which is less than $600. relocating will be a good idea u can make more that than. i am a registered practical nurse and i make $3680 a month which is app. 400,00k if i am not mistaking. what school did u apply to?
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by goldenval(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2009
@belingo2, can you tell me the kind of invitation someone may be required to travel to Canada and the duration of the stay and also the kind of documents someone may sumit at the Canada embassy here in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by belingo2: 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2009
i know there are 4-5ways, i came here with an immigrant visa and what i had to do was fill out the forms, obtain a medical test and must pass the test, go for an interview, then i did a DNA just to make sure the person sponsoring me was my parent. now the process to get an immigrant visa takes up to 2 and half years but mine was 9months becacuse my parent knew someone at the office. thats the process for immigrant visa.

when i tried to apply for the visiting visa, i was denied because i proved to them at the interview section i wasn't going to come back damm! i was just 16yrs and they asked me a question like b/w canada and nigeria which would u prefer, and i said canada! but anyways that wasn't the only reason i was denied. the second reason was that my parents did not have enough money in there account. they had $8000 in their account so probally after buying my 2way ticket, and having 4 other kids, they wouldnt have enough funds to care for me and the other kids. so i was denied based on my parents financial status and me not coming back. the documents i had to summit then was a letter from my secondary school, saying i have a 2 week leave period, a health insurance from canada incase i fell sick, and then a itenery hope i got the spelling rite? oh! u have to get a letter form the person inviting you, and the possible accomadation they have put in place, if u wouldl b staying with them or staying in a hotel.

then the [b]skilled labour visa,[/b] that one u have to have certain points in other for you to get the visa. that is have a secondary school education or a university degree, have a job experience of up to a year, can speak english or french, have relations in canada who can help u settle, and then have a job offer ready in canada-but this is not necesarry though. i do not advise people coming thru this route because most pple who have used this route come to canada to do mininal jobs like work in the factory that kind of thing. i mean if u have a good profession like working in a bank or shell or some good company i woudnt advise u to use this route. it is only good if u were making less than nothing like mayb u worked in a bread factory back home-pls dont get me wrong here am trying to make you understand my points here. to some it is easy to come to canada this way.

then again u have the student visa which is simple. all u need do is apply to a college or university, get a letter of admisison from the school, take ur letter to the embassy in lagos or whereever, get ur interview done, also u need a health insurance, and the person responsible for ur tuition must have enough money available in his/her bank account. if its u sponsoring urself, u have to have enough money that will last u for accomdation, feeding, clothing e.tc while u are here. and that account must have been opened for up ti 6 months i think not quite sure on that. also, i think u have to pass a medical test. most people succeed with this route.

finally, the business visa, that is u r coming to canada to open or do business. i know little on this one but i know you have to have ur own business i mean registered business, show ur tax reciept and all those paper work crap thaey request. this is good for all them laundering naijas money abroad. they get this type of visa easily,

*****pls pardon my typing /errors***** just had a terrible exam eh,
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by busibodi(f): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2009
am a registered practical nurse and i make $3680 a month which is app. 400,00k if i am not mistaking. what school did u apply to?

after you pay rent, remove tax, buy food, how much is left for savings??
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by belingo2: 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2009
i gorgot to mention the duration of stay,

1) immigrate visa is like whenever you want to leave, when u come they give u a landed document, and after a month, they email ur permanent resident called which american call "green card". then after 3 years, u r eligible to apply for a citizenship, that is the canadain passport. and note u must not travel out of canada within the 3 yrs o if not e go take long b4 ur get citizenship.

2) the student visa is according to the length of ur program. if its a 4 year program, they give u 4 year visa, if its 1 year they give u visa that will also last for 1 year. but b4 it expires u can try to look for a job and apply for a work permit. less i forget, u can also apply for a work permit visa if u want to come and work but i dont know how that one works though.

3) skilled labour visa they give ur visa 4 2 years and b4 it expires, u can also apply 4 the work permit. i think u could get a "permanent resident card from this route if u follow thier rules-dont get into crime/trouble and all that cramp y u in canada.

4) the visiting visa, i think maximam they give u a 6months visa and if u visit and go as u have promised, thay can give u a visa i forgot wats type is called though, that means u can come and go anytime as u wish.

5) the business class visa type, that wan depends on the business wey u wancome do, like i said i know little or less on this one.

****Goodluck to anyone trying to come to canada!****
feel free to ask any question!!!!!
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by belingo2: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2009
@ busi-body

i dont pay rent so that y am kinda luck, the amount above is after tax, i only pay my fone bills and i support my parent. i know its little less i forget i dont work full-time thou! r u in canada?
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2009
hello belingo2,
i am living in Poland and married to a polish citizen, by 2010 April i should have gotten my citizenship, due to the new law in Canada polish citizens have visa opportunity to Canada)tourist visa for 90days) but presently i am studying for my master in Information technology in a American university in poland here which will be over by 2011, therefore i will live to relocate Canada by then after studies,
please tell me what are my chances to move there and not remain in Canada after 90days, what can i do to live in Canada longer and legally??
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 22, 2009
sorry for my wrong spelling i guess i am a bit sleepy out here,
i make it more explicit,

polish citizen can travel to canada without visa for 90days, i get my polish citizenship soon, what are my chances to live and naturalise in canada my dream country??
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by belingo2: 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2009
@ segan

i think ur best choice is to apply 4 a work permit, or the skilled worker visa. do u have relatives/friends in canada?
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 23, 2009
i have a pal in canada she is a canadia citizen, i dont have family there,
thanks for your speedy response,
so how will i apply for the work permit, do i have to travel to canada and apply there or what the procedures, sorry if i have to take you back,
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by belingo2: 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2009
segan:

i have a pal in canada she is a canadia citizen, i dont have family there,
thanks for your speedy response,
so how will i apply for the work permit, do i have to travel to canada and apply there or what the procedures, sorry if i have to take you back,

skilled worker visa will be good if u have a pal in canada who can help u settle. follow the link":http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

then for work permit, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-how.asp

hope this help,
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by abmart: 8:31am On Apr 24, 2009
To Travel to Canada on visit, you will need either a personal Invitation letter from a citizen over there or from a recodnize institution on short courses of about 2-4 months, then you take it all along with your bank statement of account, your working place documents and apply at the canadian embassy or through drop box which should be a month or two months before the time you wish to travel.
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by dayo23(f): 2:02pm On Apr 25, 2009
MR BELINGO 2,pls i am currently sitting 4 my SSCE WAEC and A'LEVEL EXAMINATION both,i want to come and study in canada by january,like how much do i need in my sponsorship account, can i be offered full athletic scholarship that covers my tuition fees base on the fact that i am very good in soccer, what schools have low tuition fees. thank u very much and God bless u,my email is- dattex4u@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by Hotstepper(f): 2:36am On Apr 26, 2009
@ dayo23, Canada does not really give athletic scholarship esp. for foreign students. so just do well on your WASCE result and have about 5-10 million naira in ur account knowing that after calculating everything plus skool fees for one year is about 3 million Naira (I know cuz my cuzzin just got admission in one of the universities in Toronto and that was the amount but in dollars)
Re: Canadian: Prospects For Foreigner by concrete: 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2009
just wanna say thanks to belingo for all that info

i want my boo and his brother to relocate to canada. my baby's alraedy educated with a good job in abuja, while his bro has another year or so to go for his degree (he's in the UK) so i'm thinking they can both maybe come to canada on skilled labour or to the postgrad options (student visa) then apply for work permit

your posts were very helpful; will tell them about it kiss

(1) (Reply)

Directions To Seme Border / Travelling To China, Uae To Teach Get In Here / Migrating To Ireland As A Nigerian Registered Nurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.