Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Please Help! Requirements To Visit Mauritius - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help! Requirements To Visit Mauritius (1958 Views)

What Are The Requirements To Travel By Local Flight From Portharcourt To Abuja) / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit / How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! Requirements To Visit Mauritius by hydeka: 6:36am On Sep 20, 2015
Please I need information on the requirements to travel to Mauritius. I heard they grant Nigerians visa on arrival valid for 14 days. What does that mean? Does it mean I don't need to apply for visa or fill any document before going there?

Note: I'm going there for a 2-day Conference.
Please anyone who has been to Mauritius recently should help out with this info.
Information on flights from Nigeria will also be appreciated.

cc: Oga justwise please don't close this thread. I have searched and read through other threads on Mauritius but I could not find a satisfactory answer to this question and beside, those threads are not recent (and you know that visa procedures change with time)
Any valuable info from you would be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Please Help! Requirements To Visit Mauritius by wip7: 8:18am On Sep 20, 2015
hydeka:
Please I need information on the requirements to travel to Mauritius. I heard they grant Nigerians visa on arrival valid for 14 days. What does that mean? Does it mean I don't need to apply for visa or fill any document before going there?

Note: I'm going there for a 2-day Conference.
Please anyone who has been to Mauritius recently should help out with this info.
Information on flights from Nigeria will also be appreciated.

cc: Oga justwise please don't close this thread. I have searched and read through other threads on Mauritius but I could not find a satisfactory answer to this question and beside, those threads are not recent (and you know that visa procedures change with time)
Any valuable info from you would be appreciated. Thank you.

I have been to Mauritius four times however I did not fly from Nigeria. However, for Nigerian passport holder no need fill any form before you travel, a visa of two weeks will be delivered to you upon arrival regarding you meet certain criteria like;

- Valid return tickets and passport
- Accommodation voucher
- Sufficient fund during your stay etc…

The easiest flight is via emirate from Lagos but may be expensive, one of the cheapest is South African Airline. Emirate has a stop in Dubai while SA airline stops at South Africa. Kenyan Airline also fly but not daily. The cheapest of all is Ethiopian Airline...so try them!

Also, ensure you have your poster presentation handy so when asked kindly show and possibly have the webpage of the conference organizer ready as well.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Requirements To Visit Mauritius by hydeka: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2015
wip7:

I have been to Mauritius four times however I did not fly from Nigeria. However, for Nigerian passport holder no need fill any form before you travel, a visa of two weeks will be delivered to you upon arrival regarding you meet certain criteria like;

- Valid return tickets and passport
- Accommodation voucher
- Sufficient fund during your stay etc…

The easiest flight is via emirate from Lagos but may be expensive, one of the cheapest is South African Airline. Emirate has a stop in Dubai while SA airline stops at South Africa. Kenyan Airline also fly but not daily. The cheapest of all is Ethiopian Airline...so try them!

Also, ensure you have your poster presentation handy so when asked kindly show and possibly have the webpage of the conference organizer ready as well.

Thanks a million!
I have one more question concerning having the sufficient funds for my stay there. Do I have to change Naira to Rupees (their currency) before going there?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Conservation Center / Do Any One Have Idea About 2years Working In Austrilia / Using Credit Card In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.