Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri (27000 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by CARLOSZ: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2015

The Itsekiri traditional council has named a successor to the Olu of Warri throne after formally confirming the death of Ogiame Atuwatse II. The former Olu died inside a Lagos hospital on September 4.

Prince Ikenwoli Godfrey Emiko, the younger brother of Ogiame Atuwatse II was announced at a ceremony in Ode-Itsekiri, Saturday by the oldest member of the Olu Advisory Council, Chief Tesigiweno Yahya Pessu.

Pessu also performed the traditional breaking of the calabash, a symbolic age-long tradition confirming the death of their king.

The Olu-designate would be crowned at a formal ceremony to be held at a yet to be announced date

http://dailytimes.com.ng/warri-gets-new-olu/

4 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 20, 2015
So?
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by ELTON123(m): 9:27am On Sep 20, 2015
Jollyjoy:
So?
help me ask am oo

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Dafe20(m): 9:41am On Sep 20, 2015
Congratulations to the New King! Oritse

3 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by veekid(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2015
k
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by okooloyun1(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by LMAyedun(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2015
Congrats to the new Olu!

4 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by kennyman2000(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2015
Deathwin for the new olu be that..

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Duuzsz(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2015
That's cool
I rep www.techpill.net
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2015
Congrats

Time to hammer oil money more is here for you and your family

4 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by LatestTrend: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2015
kiss

6 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2015
cool
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by dee5(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2015
good to know
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Pavore9: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2015
Congratulations to him.

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by NotNairalandi(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2015
No better news again for Nairaland!

Make I go belinaija to see if I go see better news read!

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by khassy(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2015
am sorry for booking this space :sadcrycry

I actually have nothing to say please forgive me crycrycry

dedicating this to my longtime friend and fellow NL'der who died of a brief illness last week
RIP bro Wheesin crycrycry

5 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by nobul(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2015
May ur days be. Long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Tips4ten: 9:47am On Sep 20, 2015
Congrats to him

Looking for more greens?
Check my signature
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by gunners160(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2015
Menh,today I am just jobless as introvert commenting on every topic that makes front page

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by omisakint: 9:47am On Sep 20, 2015
Nice one.. I'm sure this was base on merit.. But my fellow ife kinsmen are still consulting Oracle to select the next Ooni.. I'm sure they are waiting for more "alert"

10 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by KINGpharoah: 9:48am On Sep 20, 2015
And up till now some people still looking for who will be their new king,weeks after former king died
I no kukuma call name o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by zonax(m): 9:49am On Sep 20, 2015
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by CARLOSZ: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2015
gassdon:
Congrats

Time to hammer oil money more is here for you and your family

Not anymore

[size=18pt]°Follow Me™[/size]
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Demmocrats(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2015
Congrats to the new Olu

May God give you the strength to rule well.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by wunmi590(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2015
Congratulations to him

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by CARLOSZ: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2015
KINGpharoah:
And up till now some people still looking for who will be their new king,weeks after former king died
I no kukuma call name o

omisakint:
Nice one.. I'm sure this was base on merit.. But my fellow ife kinsmen are still consulting Oracle to select the next Ooni.. I'm sure they are waiting for more "alert"

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by excelkoms: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2015
I heard Urhobos on the internet saying there will be no Olu title again after the death of the former one.. LOLZZZZZZZZZZ

Long Live Iwerre Kingdom

4 Likes

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by seunmsg(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2015
Congratulations to him. I wish him a peaceful reign.

1 Like

Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by 1love4all: 9:52am On Sep 20, 2015
Hh
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Udmaster(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2015
Ok.
Re: Ikenwoli Godfrey-Emiko Is New Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 20, 2015
CARLOSZ:

Not anymore

Says how? There is always community quota in South south

reconcile by Nigeria Content NC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Tortoise And The Snake - A Yoruuba Folk Tale [contrast To America's Tale] / The Coronation Of Tsola Emiko As Olu Of Warri (Full Video) / What Makes Delta People Tick? By Azuka Onwuka Of Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.