Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,398 members, 7,800,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! (5004 Views)

The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / I Prophesied About My Brother In The Army & It Came To Pass;Resigned Priest. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by johnw74: 12:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Lanre747:

According to the gentleman, a sign of something to come to pass in the days of King Ahaz, would only take place hundreds of years thereafter?

I can see why one might come to that illogical conclusion when you read the bible the way their so-called leaders ask them to read it. That is, without logic or common sense.

Lanre, you will be the next president of Nigeria. Give me a sign Lord. Ok, the sign is that in 500 years, a commet will strike the earth. Insane!

Can you still not see that verse 14 is talking about the descendants of David, the Jews
and not King Ahaz

13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Lanre747:

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you [KING AHAZ] a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

[i]In other words God himself will give King Ahaz a sign, since King Ahaz refused to ask for one.
The sign Is that the virgin will conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
This is where the CONFUSION BEGINS. This is where the New Testament writers falsely claims that this is a future prophecy of Jesus.
As we have just read from Verse 1 of this Chapter we now know that THIS WAS NOT A FUTURE PROPHECY OF JESUS. NOR DID THE SIGN HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A FUTURE PROPHECY OF JESUS. IT WAS A SIGN FOR KING AHAZ.

When you get it wrong in the beginning you usually have it wrong all the way through.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by johnw74: 12:41am On Oct 03, 2015
Remilekun101:

That's is where the error came in

Do you still not see that a young woman conceiving is no sign at all.

johnw74:

A young woman being with child would not be a sign from God, as that is a normal thing
A virgin being with child would be a sign from God as that is miraculous.

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 03, 2015
@Lanre , well said.

These followers of men find it hard to address important issues such as the one you raised in this article. So they resort to personal attacks or brain dead explanations like dual prophecy.

Can one of these followers of men point us to a verse of scripture that supports the concept of dual prophecy ?

Following religion for the sake of following can be hazardous to one's health.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Remilekun101: 9:19am On Oct 03, 2015
johnw74:

Do you still not see that a young woman conceiving is no sign at all.

But why are people so gullible to believe such a story... does holy spirit has sperm?
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by johnw74: 11:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
Remilekun101:

But why are people so gullible to believe such a story... does holy spirit has sperm?

If you don't believe God is all powerful and cannot cause a virgin to give birth,
then perhaps you don't believe He created the World.

Isa_7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Mat_1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Luk_1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Luk_1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

If you don't believe what is written in the Bible, and that God can do anything, then what more can I say?
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2015
johnw74:

If you don't believe God is all powerful and cannot cause a virgin to give birth,
then perhaps you don't believe He created the World.

Isa_7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Mat_1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Luk_1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Luk_1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

If you don't believe what is written in the Bible, and that God can do anything, then what more can I say?

I don't doubt what is written in the law and the prophets. It is the NT that is under scrutiny here. How can you try prove the NT is legitimate by simply quoting it? If I read Isaiah and wanted to mislead people, won't I write my own book and start quoting left right and centre so it appears as though prophecy is coming to pass. you say "the bible" as if one man sat down and wrote every single book and sent it off to Vista Print.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2015
For those still adamant it refers to Jesus, may I invite you to read Isaiah 7 & 8 in one sitting. Your eyes shall open.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by johnw74: 12:07am On Oct 05, 2015
Lanre747:

I don't doubt what is written in the law and the prophets. It is the NT that is under scrutiny here. How can you try prove the NT is legitimate by simply quoting it?

We can know that the NT is true because like the law and prophets it is inspired by God.

If I read Isaiah and wanted to mislead people, won't I write my own book and start quoting left right and centre so it appears as though prophecy is coming to pass. you say "the bible" as if one man sat down and wrote every single book and sent it off to Vista Print.

The Bible isn't written by one man, but it is inspired by one God.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

If you don't believe the NT then you may not believe that verse either
what is needed then is faith, faith that is given to them that seek the truth.

Mat_7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

I can tell you that it is true, if you will believe me
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Remilekun101: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2015
johnw74:

[size=16pt]Look here..... There is no miracle anywhere... have there every been a virgin birth since then....
and i repeat the Jewish meaning of a virgin is a woman who has never conceived not someone who has never had sex, since your bible come from the Hebrew language you cant possibly understand their language more than them....
[/size]
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
johnw74:

We can know that the NT is true because like the law and prophets it is inspired by God.

The Bible isn't written by one man, but it is inspired by one God.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

If you don't believe the NT then you may not believe that verse either
what is needed then is faith, faith that is given to them that seek the truth.

Mat_7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

I can tell you that it is true, if you will believe me

You are doing it again. Trying to prove NT by quoting NT. Also, "it is inspired by God", because you say so? Or how?
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by johnw74: 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
Remilekun101:

[size=16pt]Look here..... There is no miracle anywhere... have there every been a virgin birth since then....
and i repeat the Jewish meaning of a virgin is a woman who has never conceived not someone who has never had sex, since your bible come from the Hebrew language you cant possibly understand their language more than them....
[/size]

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Luk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by johnw74: 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lanre747:

You are doing it again. Trying to prove NT by quoting NT. Also, "it is inspired by God", because you say so? Or how?

I advised if you seek you will find
seek truth in the NT and you will find, and that verse will prove itself to you.
You have to put in some yards, not everything is given us on a platter.

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 06, 2015
OP ur case na kolo mental case
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by noskcid(m): 12:46am On Aug 05, 2016
whose birth was it then? read john chapter 1 and b4 that read malachi 3. if u still do not know and understand then probe urself whether u are of God or satan the devil because there is no vacuum in nature. u cant be in-between. is either u are on GOD side or on satan side. think on this things
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by oaroloye(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2016
SHALOM!

I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT BOTHER TO KNOW THE GOSPEL.

ORAL ROBERTS once prayed to know how to KNOW JESUS- he was answered:

"READ MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN, AND THE BOOK OF ACTS- THREE TIMES IN THIRTY DAYS!"

KENNETH COPELAND said that he did it ON HIS KNEES- and that at the end of of the thirty days, he testified that he now knew Jesus better than he knew any man on the Face of the Earth!

THIS TESTIMONY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN CHRISTIANITY BY STORM!

Of course it didn't- for who really wants to KNOW YAHSHUA THAT WELL?

. MARK 8:27-30.

27. And Jesus went out, and his Disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way, he asked his Disciples, saying unto them,
"Whom do men say that I am?"
28. And they answered,
"John the Baptist: but some (say), 'Elias;' and others, 'One of the Prophets.' "
29. And he saith unto them,
"But whom saith ye that I am?"
And Peter answereth and saith unto him,
"Thou art the Christ."
30. And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.

THE GOSPEL IS WHAT YAHSHUA PREACHED AND TAUGHT- NOT WHAT LESSER PEOPLE PREACHED AND TAUGHT ABOUT HIM.

Yahshua's Commanded his Disciples NOT TO TALK ABOUT HIM.

FALSE CHRISTIANS are fastest identified by their babble about Yahshua. They have to let everyone know that they are following a very, very great person! They have to WIN every PISSING contest to PROVE that THEIR PROPHET is GREATER than EVERY OTHER PROPHET!

The REAL Gospel is NOT based on anything LIKE that! It is based on THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD BY YAHSHUA.

. JOHN 12:44-50.

44. Jesus cried and said,
"He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45. "And he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me.
46. "I am come a Light into the World, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in Darkness.
47. "And if any man hear my Words, and believe not, I Judge him not: for I came not to Judge the World, but to Save the World.
48. "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my Words, hath one that judgeth him: the Word that I have spoken, the same shall Judge him in the Last Day.
49. "For I have not spoken of myself; but The Father which sent me, he gave me a Commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50. "And I know that his Commandment is Life Everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as The Father said unto me, so I speak."

IT DOES NOT MATTER, AND CAN NOT MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVE, THINK, OR SAY ABOUT YAHSHUA, IF YOU DO NOT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.

THE HYPOCRITES tell us that they believe that JESUS WAS GODDD!!!!

The ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH say that they believe that.

Whom do they therefore PRAY to SAVE them?

JESUS' MAMA!

DOES IT WORK?

"OF ALL THE ARGUMENTS
TO BE MADE IN THE DEFENSE
OF DIANETICS,
THAT IT WORKS
IS THE LEAST RELEVANT!"
. -FADS AND FALLACIES IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE, by Martin Gardner.

I DON'T BELIEVE IN TEACHING THINGS THAT DON'T WORK.

But the OYINBOS do!

There were up to 1,000 million ROMAN CATHOLICS in the World, when POPE JOHN PAUL II came down with PARKINSON'S DISEASE.

All of their PRAYERS together COULD NOT HEAL ONE MAN.

That means that ROMAN CATHOLIC DOCTRINE is WORTHLESS.

Why do people follow things that DO NOT WORK?

THE ANGLICAN CHURCH ALSO BELIEVES THAT JESUS IS GOD.

These were the GREAT COLONIAL RAPISTS, ROBBERS, AND MASSACRERS of the World.

They WAGED BLOODY WAR on THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH- who also waged bloody war on them. ENGLAND entered the Slave Trade when Admiral JOHN HAWKINS hijacked 301 slaves from a Roman Catholic PORTUGUESE ship, and sold them in the West Indies.

Convincing Queen Elizabeth I that he could make a profit for HER, he got her to lease him a 700-ton ship for the transportation of SLAVES.

This ship was called JESUS OF LÜBECK.

. MATTHEW 6:19-24.

19. "Lay not up for yourselves Treasures upon Earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20. "But lay up for yourselves Treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22. "The Light of the Body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole Body shall be full of Light.
23. "But if thine eye be Evil, thy whole Body shall be full of Darkness. If therefore the Light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that Darkness!
24. "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and Mammon."

THE BAPTIST CHURCH OF AMERICA IS RIDDLED WITH FREEMASONRY. WILLIAM BRANHAM WAS A BAPTIST, KENNETH HAGIN WAS A BAPTIST, AND BILLY GRAHAM IS A BAPTIST.

Do the damn MATH!

The American BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS voted in PRESIDENT after PRESIDENT who sent the Flower of their Youth to fight in OVERSEAS WARS that DIDN'T CONCERN THEM.

They benefited from SLAVERY and COVERED UP the facts that:

1. Most Black Slaves were ABORIGINAL AMERICAN NEGROS, who were there BEFORE the Whites.

2. The ORIGINAL HEBREWS- including Yahshua and his Disciples were BLACK people.

3. Many of the Black Slaves from Africa were HEBREW DESCENDANTS sold into Slavery by descendants of WHITE CONVERTS TO JUDAISM.

4. WORLD WAR II WAS THE ABORTIVE ATTEMPT BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH TO EXTERMINATE ALL OTHER BRANCHES OF CHRISTIANITY.

5. THERE WAS NEVER ANY WORLD WAR II "JEWISH HOLOCAUST." (250,00 did die in the EPIDEMIC and STARVATION that broke out toward the end of the war- DUE TO ALLIED CUTTING OF SUPPLY-LINES. This was EXAGGERATED into SIX MILLION.) THAT WAS A STAGED PLOY TO INSTALL WHITE CONVERTS TO JUDAISM IN THE HOLY LAND.

WHEN ALL THESE FACTS ARE PUT TOGETHER, DOES OYINBO AND CHRISTIAN HISTORY NOT MAKE A LOT MORE SENSE TO YOU?

There are SCORES OF MILLIONS of IDIOTS in Nigeria, who think that THESE FOOLS are QUALIFIED to tell us what THE GOSPEL is!!!

YAHSHUA NEVER CLAIMED TO HAVE BEEN BORN OF A VIRGIN- NEITHER DID HIS DISCIPLES.

If they HAD, they would have been SUMMARILY EXECUTED- along with anyone who SHELTERED them.

Joseph only believed Mary because THE ANGEL (Messenger, Projection) OF GOD spoke to him in a DREAM. He knew the importance of Dreams because his name was JOSEPH.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by PhylleRanki: 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
ayoku777:

There are some prophecies in scripture that can be called "Dual Prophecy". Either because they were fulfilled in two persons in scripture or because they were fulfilled two times in history.

And there are a few prophecies like that in scripture.

This is one;

Gen 26v4 -And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in THY SEED shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

Here God is talking about two persons at the same time. About Jacob (Israel) and about Jesus Christ. This prophecy was fulfilled literally or physically in Jacob (Israel), and was fulfilled spiritually or symbolically in Jesus (It also will eventually be fulfilled physically and eternally in Jesus in the age to come).

Both Jacob and Jesus were both the seed of Abraham. Jacob is the seed of Abraham after the flesh; and Jesus is the seed of Abraham both after the flesh and after the Spirit.

Gal 3v16 -Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Here is another dual prophecy

1Chronicles 22v9 -Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

v10 -He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

This is also a dual prophecy. This prophecy was talking literally about Solomon; but also symbolically or spiritually about Jesus. The prophecy was fulfilled in both Solomon and Jesus. Solomon and Jesus were both the seed of David, and they both built God a house.

Romans 1v3 -Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Matthew 16v18 -And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Hebrews 3v3 -For this man (Jesus) was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath BUILDED THE HOUSE hath more honour than the house.

There are many others verses in the old testament that are dual prophecies like these. Prophecies that were literally fulfilled in a biblical character but also fulfilled spiritually or symbolically, and even sometimes also physcially in Jesus.

Its good and needful to know and note that much of the old testaments is the veiled and sealed revelation of Christ Himself, unveiled and unsealed in the new testament.

A lot of the prophecies of the old testament mirror Christ, and what He came to do; is doing, or will do. So even though some prophecies were literally fulfilled in another biblical character, they were also fulfilled or are being fulfilled spiritually and symybolically in Christ Himself.

Many bible characters; Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, Joshua, David, Solomon, Immanuel, Cyrus, Zerubbabel, to mention a few; all had prophecies about them that also mirror the Christ. Their lives and/or ministries are old testament types and shadows of the life and ministry of Jesus.

So most times, literal prophecies about these men are also symbolic or spiritual or also physical prophecies about Jesus Himself. Making them dual prophecies.

Shalom
Which one be dual prophecy again?...Christians and the way they twist their bible to cover up its nymerous mistakes...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biblically Fact About Poverty / Where Was God On September 11th? / "Stay Up" ( Kaceynwafor spoken Word lyrics gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.