Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? (13219 Views)

Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell / Your Mortal Body, A Procreation From The Unoriginal Copy / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by paulGrundy(m): 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
Funny how it is argued that abrahams bossom can be translated to mean abrams chest alone. But the same logic is not applied to the story of the richman and lazarus.

So lazarus and the rich man were on top of Abrahams chest?? grin grin grin

Pauls revelation in 2corithians 12:2 should be dismissed on the basis that its a vision?? shocked shocked
Do my eyes decieve me?? shocked

If pauls revelation should be dismissed on that basis, then his apostolic legitmacy should be dismissed on the basis that his conversion was fake because he encountered Jesus in a vision. Acts 9:1-19.
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by paulGrundy(m): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaughing:

@dolphinheart @paulgrundy
The bottom half of the above post is so muddled up one doesnt even know anymore who actually said what or didnt say what

grin

Jozzy4: Your response to Jessicha is a pure trash , why is it that those who died in the sea never go to sheol/hades ?

Enough of the acting please. Comedy and entertainment time is over. Let's get down to real stuff.
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by Jessicha(f): 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

If you would keep at bay all your English and Naija misconceptions about what Sheol is
- this because they are based on faulty thinking about Sheol's composition or faulty understanding of what Sheol really is
Also if you accept that the Bible is Jewish/Aramaic in origin
and that Jesus was a Jew, who preached and taught in Jewish/Aramaic
then hearing that Hades is part of Sheol shouldnt shock, talkess of rattle you

This is talking of Sheol from a Jewish point of view, and not from an English, a Naija or any others' point of view
Sheol is a Jewish concept through and through, nothing more, nothing less. Capisce

what is Hades? - Here we go again

Hades is the abode of the dead and it is located in Sheol
- it's like saying Lagos is in Naija

Hell which has become synonymous with Hades, is neither Hebrew or Greek in origin

Hades is not located in sheol ! Hades is the greek equivalent of hebrew sheol [ Act 2:31 , Psalm 16:10 ]

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by Jessicha(f): 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
paulGrundy:
Funny how it is argued that abrahams bossom can be translated to mean abrams chest alone. But the same logic is not applied to the story of the richman and lazarus.

And who told you not to apply that same plain meaning to the richman and lazarus . Apply it nd see how foolish it is to take that story literally .

So lazarus and the rich man were on top of Abrahams chest?? grin grin grin

Its makes you laugh too , thats one of the absurdity of taking that parable literally . Buhahaha no wonder someone on this thread asked you : " how could Abel die and go to the bossom of a man called Abraham whom is not yet born " ?

* Gen 16:5 *

2 Likes

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by paulGrundy(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Strong's Concordance
kolpos: the bosom
Original Word: κόλπος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: kolpos
Phonetic Spelling: (kol'-pos)
Short Definition:[1] bosom, bosom of a garment, a [2]bay, gulf
Definition: (a) sing. and plur: bosom; (sinus) the overhanging fold of the garment used as a pocket, (b) a bay, gulf

http://biblehub.com/greek/2859.htm

I hope its now clear to all that the greek word for abrams bosom has a double fold meaning.

1. Bosom of a garment
2. A bay, gulf.
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by EnigmAries(m): 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, simply grave
but not grave in the sense of a hole dug in the ground to receive a coffin or corpse
There is more to Sheol than ordinarily just a 6-feet hole in the ground
but at an elementary or entry level, simply referring Sheol as grave could do

Not sure how 1 Cor 15:55 fits into all this
Grave as used in 1 Cor 15:55 is hades in the original greek text, same thing for sheol in hebrew text of the OT. See also, Rev 20:14 for comfirmation that hades (hell as used here) can't be a burning fire. This further validate 1 Cor 15:55 which states that death and grave will be swallowed up in victory. The hell in Rev 20:14 and the grave in 1 Cor 15:55 refer to "hades" in the original text.
So when we die, we're asleep and there's nothing like a soul floating around in an unknown world. The dead remain dead.

As for this thread, the Bible has a simple answer to it. In Rev 20:5 we learn of a certain "first resurrection" most certainly at the Second coming of Christ. So it is only logical that if there is a first resurrection, there would certainly be a second one (after 1000 years).
The Bible makes us understand that the second coming will be like the days of the flood when some were saved while the rest were destroyed (Matt 24:37).
From this, one can conclude that at the second coming of Christ, the righteous dead will be resurrected and take up new immortal bodies (1st resurrection) together with the righteous living to meet the Lord in the air. While the lost who are dead will remain dead and those still living will be destroyed to live no more until after 1000 years (Rev 20:5).
I strongly believe that these are the set of people that will take part in the second resurrection after the 1000 years and will once again be deceived by satan (Rev 20:7-cool.
In essence, everyone dead will be raised up at one time or the other, to face judgement after which anyone whose name is not found in the Book will be destroyed in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15).
So the issue of which body is to burn in hell when it has already turned to dust shouldn't arise at all.

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by Jessicha(f): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2015

paulGrundy

Pauls revelation in 2corithians 12:2 should be dismissed on the basis that its a vision?? shocked shocked
Do my eyes decieve me?? shocked

If pauls revelation should be dismissed on that basis, then his apostolic legitmacy should be dismissed on the basis that his conversion was fake because he encountered Jesus in a vision. Acts 9:1-19.

Whether you like it or not , its a Vision and infact , to shock you further . The man in that vision is PAUL HIMSELF . ( 2 cor 12 :5,7) not some dead body cheesy
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by Jessicha(f): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
paulGrundy:

I hope its now clear to all that the greek word for abrams bosom has a double fold meaning.

1. Bosom of a garment
2. A bay, gulf.

Always displaying igno.rance , so which should an english translator choose .

---- Abram Bossom or Abraham's gulf !
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
Jozzy4:
Your response to Jessicha is a pure trash,
why is it that those who died in the sea never go to sheol/hades?

Everyone, after drawing their last breath, ends up in Sheol and remain there waiting until boarding to their final and respective destination

Sheol is like being in an airport terminal's departure area
The area where you (i.e. think of the Rich man here) hold your ticket, boarding pass and wait with your luggages before taking a flight to your final destination

Some airlines, as a service to premium or selected passengers operate airline lounges,
providing them with comforts in the lounges beyond those available in the airport terminal's departure area

These choice passengers (e.g. think of Father Abraham and the Poor man here), enjoy plush and more comfortable seating, quieter environments are provided.
Other privileges may include private meeting rooms, telephones, wireless internet access and other business services, along with provision of free drinks and snacks to enhance passenger comfort.
- looks and sounds like a place of bliss, doesnt it?

Sheol too, has a model similar to this:
There is the Rich man's side aka Hades
and there is Abraham's side aka Abraham's bosom aka place of bliss
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
Jessicha:
Hades is not located in sheol! Hades is the greek equivalent of hebrew sheol [ Act 2:31 , Psalm 16:10
Madam you obviously didnt read the memo, so I'll repeat it here all over again just for you.

Hell which has become synonymous with Hades, is neither Hebrew or Greek in origin

Sheol is, what you'll find in the original Hebrew text for any word for Hell
In other words, Hades or Hell was the Greek substitution for the part of Sheol where the Rich man is from the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus

As a matter of fact, Hell actually finds it roots in the classic Greek mythology, Hades

where Hades interestingly and actually, was the ancient Greek god of the underworld.
This god's name (i.e. Hades) later turned to mean the place or abode of the dead, which actually is exactly what Sheol is, what is signifies or represents.

Talking about Gehenna, well it is a valley, a valley in Jerusalem, used as a dumping refuse site and so was used by Jesus to depict the Lake of fire
(i.e. it is a place of destruction, as in, via incineration, a place for destroying things)

As earlier mentioned, Gehenna was the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem
Hades however, historically and originally is the name of a Greek god until it got turned to meaning the place or abode of the dead
It later got interchanged with hell, which is from a German word root
It was bible translators who were substituing the original Hebrew word Sheol (i.e. the part where the dead of the Rich man sort are), with Greek counterparts Hades/Hell that made hell stick with us today

I can draw you further in with unadulterated info on Sheol,
but these small and sliced up bits, so far should suffice
else you'll throw up or choke on the chunkier others
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by Jessicha(f): 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Madam you obviously didnt read the memo, so I'll repeat it here all over again just for you.

In other words, Hades or Hell was the Greek substitution for the part of Sheol where the Rich man is from the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus

As a matter of fact, Hell actually finds it roots in the classic Greek mythology, Hades

where Hades interestingly and actually, was the ancient Greek god of the underworld.
This god's name (i.e. Hades) later turned to mean the place or abode of the dead, which actually is exactly what Sheol is, what is signifies or represents.

Talking about Gehenna,

Jesus went to Hades too , was he burned ? Act 2:31

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
EnigmAries:
Grave as used in 1 Cor 15:55 is hades in the original greek text, same thing for sheol in hebrew text of the OT
Why dont you do yourself a favour and spare us this comedy of errors by reproducing 1 Cor 15:55 here
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
Jessicha:
Jesus went to Hades too, was he burned? Act 2:31
Where you got that Hades is on fire or burning beats me
Hades is on fire or Hades burning is Greek mythology. That is an imported and non-Jewish concept

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by dolphinheart(m): 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
@dolphinheart @paulgrundy
The bottom half of the above post is so muddled up one doesnt even know anymore who actually said what or didnt say what

It has been modified.
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
dolphinheart:
It has been modified.
Thank you
Ah bliss. Now much better on the eyes etcetera
Hang on, so its you disputing that Abraham's side aka Abraham's bosom is not a place of bliss aka paradise ROTBL
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by dolphinheart(m): 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
paulGrundy:

1. Bosom of a garment
2. A bay, gulf.

and none of those meaning is the same as the one you tried to postulate

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by dolphinheart(m): 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Everyone, after drawing their last breath, ends up in Sheol and remain there waiting until boarding to their final and respective destination

The area where you (i.e. think of the Rich man here) hold your ticket, boarding pass and wait with your luggages before taking a flight to your final destination

Some airlines, as a service to premium or selected passengers operate airline lounges,
providing them with comforts in the lounges beyond those available in the airport terminal's departure area

These choice passengers (e.g. think of Father Abraham and the Poor man here), enjoy plush and more comfortable seating, quieter environments are provided.
Other privileges may include private meeting rooms, telephones, wireless internet access and other business services, along with provision of free drinks and snacks to enhance passenger cobrmfort.

Bro, but jesus is said to go to this aka hades. The same part where the rich man went.

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by dolphinheart(m): 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Where you got that Hades is on fire or burning beats me
Hades is on fire or Hades burning is Greek mythology. That is an imported and non-Jewish concept

what happened to the rich man in hades, part of sheol

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
dolphinheart:
Bro, but Jesus is said to go to this aka hades. The same part where the rich man went.
Yes, He did my able and equally knowledgeable brother
- He went there to preach the Gospel to souls inhabiting the place
and for something else. Like, over keys? I think
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
dolphinheart:
what happened to the rich man in hades, part of sheol
You tell me, I am sensing you're itching to do, so you have my blessing to do just that
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by dolphinheart(m): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, He did my able and equally knowledgeable brother
- He went there to preach the Gospel to souls inhabiting the place
and for something else. Like, over keys? I think

use the scriptures to prove it.

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by EnigmAries(m): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Why dont you do yourself a favour and spare us this comedy of errors by reproducing 1 Cor 15:55 here
I didn't reproduce anything. The text where that verse was translated to English reads "hades", same for Rev 20:14. Do yourself a favor by finding that out.

Sheol and Hades as used in the Bible means grave.

Thinking there is a world of the dead somewhere is satan deception and is dangerous.
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by dolphinheart(m): 11:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
You tell me, I am sensing you're itching to do, so you have my blessing to do just that

I dnt believe hades is a part of sheol, nor do I believe sheol has parts. that is ur view, so I ask, what happens in that part called hades.

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by Jozzy4: 11:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
[img]http://s3.postimg.org/gu2g44ub7/Lounge.jpg[/im

Other privileges may include private meeting rooms, telephones, wireless internet access and other business services, along with provision of free drinks and snacks to enhance passenger comfort.

Your two rooms in sheol hypothesis will fall and collapse when you discover that those in the sea are not said to be in Hades .

Rev 20:13
English Revised Version
And the SEA gave up the dead which were in it; and Death and HADES gave up the dead which were in them: And they were judged every man according to their works.
Can you now see that the those that died or drown in the sea are not said to be in hade's ?

The problem here is : considering those who teach Hades as the abode of the wicked , then no matter how wicked a person is , the scripture showed that they dont go to Hades if they died in the sea . Now if hades is a place of punishment like some suggest , IT WILL BE TOTAL PARTIALITY And Unreasonable THAT NO MATTER HOW UNrighteous A PERSON MIGHT BE SUCH a person wont even go to Hades, so far they died IN THE SEA .

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
EnigmAries:
I didn't reproduce anything.
You still havent understood
- type out here what 1 Cor 15:55 says

EnigmAries:
The text where that verse was translated to English reads "hades", same for Rev 20:14. Do yourself a favor by finding that out.
Were you expecting Paradise aka Abraham's bosom aka Abraham's side to be casted into the Lake of Fire along with Hades?

EnigmAries:
Sheol and Hades as used in the Bible means grave.
Tell me something I dont already know or something unsimilar to this I havent posted

EnigmAries:
Thinking there is a world of the dead somewhere is satan deception and is dangerous.
a loaded gun in the hands of a trained professional and not pointed to the head is not dangerous

EnigmAries:
Grave as used in 1 Cor 15:55 is hades in the original greek text, same thing for sheol in hebrew text of the OT.
Type out here what 1 Cor 15:55 says
after which you be the judge if grave is mentioned in it

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
dolphinheart:
use the scriptures to prove it.
For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead,
that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
- 1 Peter 4:6

I am He who lived and died, and behold,
I am alive to the eternity of eternities, amen,
and I have the key of Death and of Sheol.
- Revelation 1:18
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 11:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
dolphinheart:
I dnt believe hades is a part of sheol
What do you believe Hades is?
Where do you believe Hades is?

dolphinheart:
nor do I believe sheol has parts
If you dont believe Sheol has two parts/areas
You'll equally have a hard time stomaching that the two parts have a gulf between them then

dolphinheart:
that is ur view
Oh no, dont be too quick playing ''that's your view'' card because its scripture. Its Bible, not me, not my view

dolphinheart:
so I ask, what happens in that part called hades.
I suppose the opposite of what happens in the other side, everything and anything but short of bliss
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 12:10am On Sep 28, 2015
Jozzy4:
Your two rooms in sheol hypothesis will fall and collapse when you discover that those in the sea are not said to be in Hades .

Rev 20:13
English Revised Version
And the SEA gave up the dead which were in it; and Death and HADES gave up the dead which were in them: And they were judged every man according to their works.
Can you now see that the those that died or drown in the sea are not said to be in hade's ?

The problem here is : considering those who teach Hades as the abode of the wicked, then no matter how wicked a person is, the scripture showed that they dont go to Hades if they died in the sea. Now if hades is a place of punishment like some suggest , IT WILL BE TOTAL PARTIALITY And Unreasonable THAT NO MATTER HOW UNrighteous A PERSON MIGHT BE SUCH a person wont even go to Hades, so far they died IN THE SEA
My brother I thought you're too bright to want to fall for needing to drag out this verse
It doesnt take anything away from Sheol having two areas
It merely shows that there are more than one entry point into Sheol
and people will be returning or are just returning back, via their entry points
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by EnigmAries(m): 3:07am On Sep 28, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
You still havent understood
- type out here what 1 Cor 15:55 says

Were you expecting Paradise aka Abraham's bosom aka Abraham's side to be casted into the Lake of Fire along with Hades?

Tell me something I dont already know or something unsimilar to this I havent posted

a loaded gun in the hands of a trained professional and not pointed to the head is not dangerous

Type out here what 1 Cor 15:55 says
after which you be the judge if grave is mentioned in it
1 Cor 15:55(KJV) O death, where is thy sting? O GRAVE where is thy victory?
(Amplified): O death, where is your victory? O DEATH, where is your sting?

Which part of it don't you understand?

...Daniel 12:2 ...'And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.'
Matthew 27:52 ...'And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose.'... At Jesus' resurrection He gave gifts to some and resurrected them also from the dead. But what were they doing before they were resurrected by Jesus? They were sleeping. In other words they were in their graves not knowing anything.

Take a look at this Bible verse ...John 5:28-29 ...'Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.'...

Where are we when we hear His voice? IN THE GRAVE. This is where we will be when we die, in the grave.

Acts 2:29,34 ...'Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.For David is not ascended into the heavens.'

Matthew 9:24 ...'He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.'

John 11:11-14 ...'These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly,Lazarus is dead.'

So Jesus spoke of death as sleeping. Not about going to heaven or hell (in your own case, Abraham bossom) when we die, but sleeping. And until when do we sleep in the grave?

...John 11:23-24 ...'Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.'...

Martha knew that Lazarus would rise again at the resurrection, which would be Jesus' second coming, but as we know, Jesus decided to resurrect Lazarus there and then.
These are clear Bible verses. It is now up to you to continue to cling to parable of Jesus which He used as an illustration and not an actual place- at best, a future location.

If you know so much, I wonder why you don't know that the Bible teaches that we only return to dust at death and know nothing (Eccles 9:5, 10)
Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 8:25am On Sep 28, 2015
EnigmAries:
1 Cor 15:55(KJV) O death, where is thy sting? O GRAVE where is thy victory?
(Amplified): O death, where is your victory? O DEATH, where is your sting?

Which part of it don't you understand?
Why you preferred to stick with the KJV version when its the Amplified version which word for word matches whats in the original text are reasons best known to you
- the original text, just as in the Amplified version, mentioned death twice

I had mentioned before that grave is synonymous with Sheol,
however grave when used for Sheol has meanings more than your average 6-foot dug out hole in the ground
Note that when Sheol is oversimplified, it is referred to as grave

EnigmAries:
...Daniel 12:2 ...'And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.'
Matthew 27:52 ...'And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose.'... At Jesus' resurrection He gave gifts to some and resurrected them also from the dead. But what were they doing before they were resurrected by Jesus? They were sleeping. In other words they were in their graves not knowing anything.

Take a look at this Bible verse ...John 5:28-29 ...
'Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;
and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.'...
Am sure you will admit there is only ONE Sheol
There are graves but make no mistake that, there is more than one Sheol

EnigmAries:
Where are we when we hear His voice? IN THE GRAVE.
This is where we will be when we die, in the grave.
The grave used in that context means Sheol brother
We wint be in graves BUT will be in Sheol
Just because Sheol gave up the souls in it via the graves/tombs/sepulchres doesnt mean the souls were in graves/tombs/sepulchres

EnigmAries:
Acts 2:29,34 ...'Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. For David is not ascended into the heavens.'
Valid point and I have no qualms with this verse
however granted that David's body was placed into the ground but where is David's soul?
Is David's soul in limbo?

EnigmAries:
Matthew 9:24 ...'He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.'
This has some relationship with your next and below quote so I will address and explain along with it

EnigmAries:
John 11:11-14 ...'These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.'

So Jesus spoke of death as sleeping
Yes, Jesus spoke of death as sleeping because death is unconsciousness
Whoever crosses from the land of the living to the realm of the dead is unconscious to events or happenings in the land of the living
The living are unconscious to events/happenings of the dead and vice versa the dead are unconscious to events/happenings of the living
If you're married and do regularly consummate the marriage, then you will know about ''La petite mort'' aka ''the little death''
and that split seconds moment, when you slip into unconsciousness and the ability to maintain an awareness of self and environment is lost
If you havent being noticing this brief unconsciousness, maybe because you're so caught up in the bliss of the orgasm, then consider actual sleeping.
When we sleep, until when woken up, we are unconsciousness of events or happening going on in our surrounding
That is what Jesus was implying about the young maiden and Lazarus, Martha's brother.

Food for thought, but take it in bits and thoroughly chew though before swallowing, else you might choke and throw up
- Chomping is not allowed
Would it have been possible AFTER 3 days, to raise the young maiden, Lazarus as in Martha's brother or any of the others in the Bible returning back from the dead back to life?

EnigmAries:
Not about going to heaven or hell (in your own case, Abraham bossom) when we die, but sleeping.
And until when do we sleep in the grave?
We sleep in the grave aka Sheol until when resurrected with a glorified body
If not beyond 3 days, it is possible without a glorified body to bring one back from sleeping aka unconsciousness

Depending to some extent on environmental conditions, approximately after 3 days, the body and specifically its organs starts to decay
Nowadays, we are able to stop this process with people already dead, by keeping them on machines pumping blood through the body
- Leviticus 17:14 is now making sense erh, doesnt it?

The life of every creature is in its blood. That is why I have said to the people of Israel,
'You must never eat or drink blood, for the life of any creature is in its blood.'
So whoever consumes blood will be cut off from the community.
- Leviticus 17:14

EnigmAries:
...John 11:23-24 ...'Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.'...

Martha knew that Lazarus would rise again at the resurrection, which would be Jesus' second coming, but as we know, Jesus decided to resurrect Lazarus there and then.
These are clear Bible verses.
It is clear in that passage Jesus was referring to a different rise
and wasnt referring to a rise in a glorified body Martha was thinking about

EnigmAries:
It is now up to you to continue to cling to parable of Jesus which He used as an illustration and not an actual place
- at best, a future location.
If something is told as a joke, it doesnt mean the joke is devoid of some elements of reality in it.

Jesus using The Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus as an illustration doesnt mean it is entirely lacking or is free from a reality of Sheol

The hyperbolic illustration was for the benefit of the listening audience to be aware of the seriousness of the which side in Sheol one finds oneself
- simply a case of the end justifies the means

EnigmAries:
If you know so much, I wonder why you don't know that the Bible teaches that we only return to dust at death and know nothing (Eccles 9:5, 10)

Whats wrong with agreeing with the latter part statement in Genesis 3:19?
Do you agree with the above pictures AND the decomposition stages to dust, dont you?
Of course you know nothing at death, as your soul after the body becomes dust has no consciousness in relation to events or happenings in the land of the living

Without making this personal, I am respectfully saying, you miss the point on those verses brother, as the Bible and that verse(s) is simply teaching that consciousness is not cross-abode

We are conscious in our respective and current station but when we change the location, we lose whatever consciousness we had in the other or previous location

This is why the young maiden, Lazarus as in Martha's brother or any of the others in the Bible returning back from the dead back to life NEVER had any ''tales'' to tell about Sheol/Hades/Hell and/or NEVER had any recollection at all of having been to Sheol/Hades/Hell

This also makes one wary and deeply skeptical about a few people coming back to life after being pronounced dead, having stories of seeing people in Hell burning etcetera.

Account of events such as these, by people returning from the dead is an elaborate deception perpetrated by scammers.

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by Jozzy4: 8:40am On Sep 28, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
My brother I thought you're too bright to want to fall for needing to drag out this verse
It doesnt take anything away from Sheol having two areas
It merely shows that there are more than one entry point into Sheol
and people will be returning or are just returning back, via their entry points

Whenever you say Sheol has two areas , you are actually saying Hades has two areas . ( and from the verse above , its clear not all the dead are in hades/sheol) Because Hades is the greek word for sheol ,

An hebrew translation will read :

" and the SEA gave up the dead in it , and death and SHEOL gave up the dead that are in them" rev 20:13

Why are those in the sea not said to be in sheol ?

1 Like

Re: If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? by MuttleyLaff: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2015
Jozzy4:
Whenever you say Sheol has two areas, you are actually saying Hades has two areas.
(and from the verse above, its clear not all the dead are in hades/sheol)
Because Hades is the greek word for Sheol,
You obviously missed the memo I sent Jessicha on Hades.
Nothing spoilt, as though not trying to come across like a broken record, I'll repeat it here, all over again, just for you.

In other places, Hades or Hell was the Greek substitution for the part of Sheol where the Rich man is from the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus

This god's name
(i.e. Hades) later turned to mean the place or abode of the dead, which actually is exactly what Sheol is, what is signifies or represents.

Talking about Gehenna, well it is a valley, a valley in Jerusalem, used as a dumping refuse site and so was used by Jesus to depict the Lake of fire
(i.e. it is a place of destruction, as in, via incineration, a place for destroying things)

As earlier mentioned, Gehenna was the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem
Hades however, historically and originally is the name of a Greek god until it got turned to meaning the place or abode of the dead
It later got interchanged with hell, which is from a German word root
It was bible translators who were substituing the original Hebrew word Sheol
(i.e. the part where the dead of the Rich man sort are), with Greek counterparts Hades/Hell that made hell stick with us today

I can draw you further in with unadulterated info on Sheol,
but these small and sliced up bits, so far should suffice
else you'll throw up or choke on the chunkier others

Jozzy4:
An hebrew translation will read :

" and the SEA gave up the dead in it, and death and SHEOL gave up the dead that are in them" Rev 20:13

Why are those in the sea not said to be in sheol?
Just because you have a Greek word for a Jewish word doesnt imply the Greek word is authentic in meaning or concept
- transliteration is not foolproof.

Regarding this your Rev 20:13 quotation, I doubt, you at all have any understanding of the relationship between sea, death and Sheol in that verse?

I hope you and EnigmAries who incidentally is equating graves/tombs/sepulchres with Sheol, will compare your verse with Matthew 27:52

And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
- Matthew 27:52

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife / Which Church Do You Attend? / Winners Chapel In Ilorin Burnt Down Over Land Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.