Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Skipping Masters To Do Ph.D (how Possible) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Skipping Masters To Do Ph.D (how Possible) (681 Views)

Under-30 Nigerian Lady Bags A Ph.d In Nuclear Physics (photos) / Professor's Wife Bags Ph.d In Mathematics, Son Bags Degree In Engineering. Photo / Upgrading From Masters To Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skipping Masters To Do Ph.D (how Possible) by Oduok(m): 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
I'm told I can skip Masters and do Ph.D directly with my kind of result. That it is for people that have from 4.00 and above in their First Degree. Can someone please verify this. I have B.Eng with 4.40 in Chemical Engineering
Re: Skipping Masters To Do Ph.D (how Possible) by ewosk: 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
Dont think it is possible
Re: Skipping Masters To Do Ph.D (how Possible) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
Yes it's possible, check UK schools like Oxford and Cambridge...
Re: Skipping Masters To Do Ph.D (how Possible) by dustydee: 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
Oduok:
I'm told I can skip Masters and do Ph.D directly with my kind of result. That it is for people that have from 4.00 and above in their First Degree. Can someone please verify this. I have B.Eng with 4.40 in Chemical Engineering
Very possible but usually first class graduates from reputable universities. I had a couple of school mates/ course mates that are doing it. You can also search for MPhil degrees which may lead the award of PhD if you spend an additional year.
Re: Skipping Masters To Do Ph.D (how Possible) by ksbusari(m): 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
What question is that? Ehn!!!!!!!! In Nigeria? I mean in Nigeria? Its nt possibleeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Skipping Masters To Do Ph.D (how Possible) by Oduok(m): 10:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
dustydee:

Very possible but usually first class graduates from reputable universities. I had a couple of school mates/ course mates that are doing it. You can also search for MPhil degrees which may lead the award of PhD if you spend and additional year.
Thanks so much. I'll look at M.Phil in O.A.U., Ile-Ife, Osun State

(1) (Reply)

Students Protest Shuts Down University of Calabar (UNICAL) / Biochemistry Or Biotechnology:at Crossroads / If Your Baby Doesn't Take Milk, Boil It - Please Interpret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.