Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Novelist Jackie Collins Dies Of Breast Cancer At 77 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novelist Jackie Collins Dies Of Breast Cancer At 77 (1018 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) / In Search Of Love: Jackie's Ordeal In Finding Real Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Novelist Jackie Collins Dies Of Breast Cancer At 77 by slap1(m): 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
The novelist Jackie Collins has died of breast cancer at the age of 77, her family said in a statement.

"It is with tremendous sadness that we announce the death of our beautiful, dynamic and one-of-a-kind mother," the statement said.

The British-born writer, sister of actress Joan Collins, died in Los Angeles, her spokeswoman said.

Collins's raunchy novels of the rich and famous sold more than 500 million copies in 40 countries.

In a career spanning four decades, all 32 of her novels appeared in the New York Times bestseller list.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34305950

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Novelist Jackie Collins Dies Of Breast Cancer At 77 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
OMG cry

She's my all time favourite author. Read all her books. RIP
Re: Novelist Jackie Collins Dies Of Breast Cancer At 77 by queenfav(f): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
So sad...what a loss!I recall reading my first jackie collins novel ,hollywood wives in 2009.It was love at first sight for me.She was one of the greatest writers ever!

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Frustrated Graduate 1 By Heromaniaa / Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha / Triangle......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.