Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:48 PM

Thanks TeHN - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thanks TeHN (11585 Views)

Please Tehn And Other Well Meaning Nairalanders Should Come To A Sister's Aid / Zimbabwean Married Woman Thanks Wrong Man For ‘Hot Sex’ / Where Is Radiance, Thecongo, Oj4m,r231,chaircover, Arrowhead, The Entire TeHN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thanks TeHN by dont8(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks so much Caracta.
Re: Thanks TeHN by dont8(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
Gboliwe:
@Uncle dont8, when you have crossed this bridge, 'cos you will surely cross it, please take up a health insurance for your wife.

We talk about national cake, national cake, this is one way the common man can eat from that cake. With N15k per annum, the federal government gives you an opportunity to access healthcare service across the country on issues like this and many more. It still beats me why smart folks do not want to cash in on this.

People on this scheme have had CS in private hospitals of their choice that are keyed into the scheme and all they had to pay for antenatal, scans,actual CS bla bla bla was not more 10- 15k depending on the dubiousness of the hospital management and ignorance of the patient.

Before enrolling my aged mother on the scheme, I always set aside an amount for her medical needs monthly. I don't do that anymore. I am benefiting from the national cake in that way. Your wife is still childbearing, save yourself this sort of pressure and stress and get a health cover!

Again, I strongly believe you will overcome this. With users like Kanwulia bankrolling this, you are in very good hands. It will end in praise.
Thanks Gboliwe, this is good info for everyone.
Re: Thanks TeHN by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
dont8:
I went to the hospital early this morning to see the Doctor but unfortunately I didn't meet him but met the Matron on duty before I went to work. I told her my wife was discharging substance believed to be mucous with blood and she said that's the more reason we should not waste further time. But I don't know how tell him, if at all I'm going to be moving her to government hospital at the end of the day.

Is your wife at home or on admission at the private hospital
Please this is an emergency so dont delay
If they cannot operate before you are able to gather all the money, then please take her to a govt hospital ASAP.
BTW How much do you have so far and how much is required?

Madam Caracta God bless you
You will never lack ma

2 Likes

Re: Thanks TeHN by dont8(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Askseek:

Do u get the sense of urgency here. Take her to the government hospital. The internet cannot do justice to what I would like to say. She is overdue and in need of surgery. You have one opinion and cost u cannot afford. Instead of seeking alternative you keep her home while looking for money. Is that the only doctor in your town. When u first posted this u were advised to take her to the government hospital and you are yet to do so. If this goes wrong then everyone will start to moan about the healthcare system and not the couple who delay.
Thanks askseek, not that I'm not showing any sign of urgency but simply following the Doctor's directive which is tomorrrow.
Re: Thanks TeHN by MadCow1: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
How much do you currently have and how much is left..

If TeHN is no longer an entity on Nairaland how do we manage accountability?

Who has verified this case?

Where are the evidences that are always requested on other cases for this one?
Re: Thanks TeHN by MadCow1: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
dont8:
Thanks Gboliwe, this is good info for everyone. In my own case, my company has provisions for health care only that I've not yet met the requirement for me to be enrolled for HMO.

What requirement?

It's either you ate qualified for a HMO from your company or you are not.
Re: Thanks TeHN by Gboliwe: 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
@dont8, whatever you do, please do not panic at this stage.

Your wife is already in an emergency situation, short of a miracle, and probably if the doctor who she has been seeing also works with a government hospital where she can go now, no doctor will agree to admit her now. I am sorry but most doctors in this country cover their inexperience and incompetence with callousness. The end result will be very bad.

My advice, let's raise the 200k and see she gets optimal treatment where she got her antenatal and the rest.

Be strong.
Re: Thanks TeHN by Gboliwe: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
MadCow1:

What requirement?

It's either you ate qualified for a HMO from your company or you are not.

I agree with you but I just said to keep quiet now as a more important issue is at stake. Even the corpers in my office who have 1year to stay with us are enrolled on the scheme.

1 Like

Re: Thanks TeHN by dont8(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
tearoses:

Is your wife at home or on admission at the private hospital
Please this is an emergency
If they cannot operate before you are able to gather all the money, then please take her to a govt hospital.
How much do you have so far and how much is required?
madam Caracta God bless you
You will never lack
--
Re: Thanks TeHN by dont8(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
MadCow1:
How much do you currently have and how much is left..

If TeHN is no longer an entity on Nairaland how do we manage accountability?

Who has verified this case?

Where are the evidences that are always requested on other cases for this one?
--
Re: Thanks TeHN by hahn(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
Gboliwe:
@Uncle dont8, when you have crossed this bridge, 'cos you will surely cross it, please take up a health insurance for your wife.

We talk about national cake, national cake, this is one way the common man can eat from that cake. With N15k per annum, the federal government gives you an opportunity to access healthcare service across the country on issues like this and many more. It still beats me why smart folks do not want to cash in on this.

People on this scheme have had CS in private hospitals of their choice that are keyed into the scheme and all they had to pay for antenatal, scans,actual CS bla bla bla was not more 10- 15k depending on the dubiousness of the hospital management and ignorance of the patient.

Before enrolling my aged mother on the scheme, I always set aside an amount for her medical needs monthly. I don't do that anymore. I am benefiting from the national cake in that way. Your wife is still childbearing, save yourself this sort of pressure and stress and get a health cover!

Again, I strongly believe you will overcome this. With users like Kanwulia bankrolling this, you are in very good hands. It will end in praise.

Can you give a more detailed explanation on this please?

1 Like

Re: Thanks TeHN by Gboliwe: 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
hahn:

Can you give a more detailed explanation on this please?

Modified***
I'll be derailing this very important thread. Please go through this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1794357/nhis-national-health-insurance-scheme

2 Likes

Re: Thanks TeHN by hahn(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
Gboliwe:

Modified***
I'll be derailing this very important thread. Please go through this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1794357/nhis-national-health-insurance-scheme

Thanks.

Btw, this info is just as important grin

1 Like

Re: Thanks TeHN by dont8(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
Gboliwe:
@dont8, whatever you do, please do not panic at this stage.

Your wife is already in an emergency situation, short of a miracle, and probably if the doctor who she has been seeing also works with a government hospital where she can go now, no doctor will agree to admit her now. I am sorry but most doctors in this country cover their inexperience and incompetence with callousness. The end result will be very bad.

My advice, let's raise the 200k and see she gets optimal treatment where she got her antenatal and the rest.

Be strong.
Thanks man.
Re: Thanks TeHN by Haywhymido(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
May God's mercy locate u, most esp. ur wife
Re: Thanks TeHN by Funjosh(m): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Haywhymido:

Amen
Re: Thanks TeHN by dont8(m): 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Haywhymido:
Funjosh:

Amen
Amen, thanks.
Re: Thanks TeHN by Idowuogbo(f): 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dont8, what are you waiting for? Funds,the go ahead from Docs or both ? Have you tried the government hospital route? Please we must act fast biko...this na serious emergency oga mi.
Re: Thanks TeHN by dont8(m): 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Dont8, what are you waiting for? Funds,the go ahead from Docs or both ? Have you tried the government hospital route? Please we must act fast biko...this na serious emergency oga mi.
--
Re: Thanks TeHN by chikkyB: 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
wait we are talking about d life of a moda and child and ur yet to mak a decision.my dear pls take ur wife to a gvt hosp.all those doctors in d govt hosp most of thm own private clinics so thy are practicaly stil the ones seeing u whn u go to d gvt hosp.pls with d moni u have so far u can comfortably go to the govt hosp. and in d govt hosp they have welfare depts that takes care of patients who for one reason or the other cant foot their hosp bills so ur covered pls no delaying
Re: Thanks TeHN by Askseek(f): 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
dont8:
Thanks askseek, not that I'm not showing any sign of urgency but simply following the Doctor's directive which is tomorrrow.

I truly do not mean to browbeat you here but I cannot understand all this and your wife is still home. You went to the doctor in the morning and he told you to bring her tomorrow based on what assessment? You say she is not doing well and has some sort of discharge which may or may not indicate there is a problem but how can anyone determine that if they don't see her. You refuse to take her to the govt. hospital. You live in Ogun State so we r not talking of the boondocks here. Something about this does not smell/sound right. I pray things work out for you guys but heaven helps those who help themselves and you and your wife need to do the right thing for yourselves in this matter.

3 Likes

Re: Thanks TeHN by Askseek(f): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
dont8:
I'll definitely take that decision tomorrow, but fund is the main issue right now.

Do you have a problem with the govt. hospital which will be more affordable for you? Why is it taking 48hrs to decide? In the meantime the life of your wife & child hangs in d balance. Hmmm
Re: Thanks TeHN by mymz(f): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hello Dont8 and every other Nairalander in here,
I ask for your forgiveness in advance for what i'm about to do. I wish your wife a successful surgery @dont8.

Permit me a few seconds to steal the spotlight and beam it on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2423711/please-save-baby-chidubem#37521787 which i created since the 3rd of July, asking for help to save a two month old baby who was diagnosed with having a hole in her heart.

I really am sorry for this but i have been left no other option. I wouldn't do this if it weren't a last resort.
Baby Chidubem needs heart surgery so that she can live. She was born with a hole in her heart and tests and scans have confirmed it. She requires N4million Naira to be operated on in a hospital in India next month.
I have solicited for help from TeHN and the official response is that they no longer handle medical cases as a group. So i'm pleading and begging that you individually donate to this cause. Fund sourcing have been going on for the past 2/3 months and her parents Mr and Mrs Kezie have realized some funds but they're still short. Please, Please, any verification you require, i will undertake personally and report back to you. Time is really of the essence to give Chidubem a chance at life.

i know i have derailed this thread but in order not to derail it any further, please go to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2423711/please-save-baby-chidubem#37521787 to see all relevant documents and donation details.

Thank you. I'm so sorry dont8. Please forgive me and your wife will be in my prayers.

cc. MadCow1, Okija Juju, Chaircover, ifyalways, Caracta, Idowuogbo, Jarus, Gboliwe, Mynd44, Jaybee, KanwuliaJara, Truckpusher, Cougar, . I don't know who else to copy.

1 Like

Re: Thanks TeHN by EfemenaXY: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
Askseek:

I truly do not mean to browbeat you here but I cannot understand all this and your wife is still home. You went to the doctor in the morning and he told you to bring her tomorrow based on what assessment? You say she is not doing well and has some sort of discharge which may or may not indicate there is a problem but how can anyone determine that if they don't see her. You refuse to take her to the govt. hospital. You live in Ogun State so we r not talking of the boondocks here. Something about this does not smell/sound right. I pray things work out for you guys but heaven helps those who help themselves and you and your wife need to do the right thing for yourselves in this matter.

Hmmm... lipsrsealed
Re: Thanks TeHN by dont8(m): 12:44am On Sep 22, 2015
Askseek:

Re: Thanks TeHN by Gboliwe: 1:00am On Sep 22, 2015
dont8:
Thanks once more AskSeek, to start with, I never could have imagined myself to come out this open to solicit for help in the first place, but hey here I find myself and this is due to tthe fact that I'm currently down but ofcourse not out. To answer your question, I said I was in the hospital this morning but didn't meet the Doctor so I left (because it's Tuesday he booked appointment for us), but people have suggested that I go to government hospital and that is not an easy decision for me to take as she has been doing her antenatal in this current hospital and already before now we have taken the baby's 'things' there when she was having light labour in the night.

I have a family card there, if anyone of us is sick, that's where we seek medical attention, won't it look awkward if I tell the Doctor I want take the baby's things to another hospital and what will be my justification?

So basically, that's what I've been thinking all day.

TBH, the more posts you make, the more my eyebrows are raised. I sincerely don't understand why you don't see the urgency in your wife's condition. Why something as trivial as the doctor's feelings should bother you at this time. Anyway, our make-up is different.

7 Likes

Re: Thanks TeHN by Askseek(f): 1:30am On Sep 22, 2015
Gboliwe:

TBH, the more posts you make, the more my eyebrows are raised. I sincerely don't understand why you don't see the urgency in your wife's condition. Why something as trivial as the doctor's feelings should bother you at this time. Anyway, our make-up is different.

I thought it was just me. Obviously the situation is not as urgent as the op painted it, if they cannot make a decision because you don't want to hurt the Dr feelings or so it won't look one kain then so be it. Which one be my own. I included the wife because I cannot understand how a woman in labor who has been told she needs a c-section just lays there waiting for when all d money will be raised. What if it takes 2 weeks? It's not all about money. A wise man manages and maximises the resources he has at his disposal. I will put them in my prayers. As you have said we are different and I need to stop using my standards as a yardstick for others.

2 Likes

Re: Thanks TeHN by Idowuogbo(f): 1:55am On Sep 22, 2015
dont8:
Thanks once more AskSeek, to start with, I never could have imagined myself to come out this open to solicit for help in the first place, but hey here I find myself and this is due to tthe fact that I'm currently down but ofcourse not out. To answer your question, I said I was in the hospital this morning but didn't meet the Doctor so I left (because it's Tuesday he booked appointment for us), but people have suggested that I go to government hospital and that is not an easy decision for me to take as she has been doing her antenatal in this current hospital and already before now we have taken the baby's 'things' there when she was having light labour in the night.

I have a family card there, if anyone of us is sick, that's where we seek medical attention, won't it look awkward if I tell the Doctor I want take the baby's things to another hospital and what will be my justification?

So basically, that's what I've been thinking all day.
I can't believe this. Don,are you ok? As in you well so? Your wife don enter emergency and here you are worrying about hurting your doctor's feelings? Guy,don't get me maaaàaaaad!! You best do what's right for your wife and the innocent child in her tummy.If anything happens to your wife now, you are to blame o....remember there's a lil one already in the picture,and he very well needs his mother around. Act fast damn it! angry

2 Likes

Re: Thanks TeHN by ifyalways(f): 5:28am On Sep 22, 2015
Make I no just type what is on my mind.

May God have mercy on us.
Re: Thanks TeHN by Jahblessme: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2015
Theres no way your wife is actually overdue as such and you are still typing here.I hope you realise the chances of a still birth are increased.Can you imagine this man delaying and leaving his wife at home cos he wants to do effizy of private hosp ontop money when him no get,risking the life of his wife and baby.Don't worry, by the time labour starts no one will advice you.

I find it quite odd that you expect people to donate 200k for you to birth your baby privately when you can go to a general hospital for a quarter of the cost and at a general hosp you have ALL the consultants there meaning you are actually safer incase of complications.

Funny enough,the people you want money from probably don't go private for their own delivery. You CANNOT afford it.CUT YOUR COAT ACCORDING TO YOUR SIZE.

This OP cannot be for real.
RUBBISH!

10 Likes

Re: Thanks TeHN by Agbaletu: 8:25am On Sep 22, 2015
I will advise you to take your wife to the General Hospital at Idiroko Road in Ota. In 2010, my wife did CS at a private Hospital along Idiroko Road and it cost me almost 150k while my friend's wife went to this General Hospital and he paid 25k. Could you believe that my friend's wife was discharged 4 days after while my wife was discharged 8 days after. Please, don't look down on Government Hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Thanks TeHN by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 22, 2015
I'm just going to reserve my comment. . . So help me God. angry

Am I missing something here or what? I've been following this thread waiting to hear some good news. It's going to a week now and OP is still as calm as a cucumber.

This is like the most annoying thread I've seen on this section. It is either all this is a hoax or the OP is a slowpoke! Are you even reading your posts at all? Your wife is overdue, needs a CS and you are here waiting for the complete 200k from Nairalanders? Many people have suggested you go to a government hospital and you're there dragging your feet and even opening your mouth to say "what reason will I give the Doctor for moving baby's things?"! Seriously?? Tell him you donot have the money! Abi you get the money??

What kind of human being are you? What kind of man sees his wife and kid in such danger and keeps stalling? Yes, you never knew you could find yourself in this situation. . . So what are you going to do about that? Wallow in self pity and wait for and trust total strangers to raise 200k immediately. Guy, swallow your pride and move your wife to a government hospital ASAP! You have up to 35k already which will go a long way at the government hospital and you're still there waiting for 200k.

You said she had the first one at a government hospital and it went well. Why are you hell bent on having this one at the private hospital? Even when you clearly cannot afford it? Do you know how much risk you are taking? I'm even wondering why your wife is there waiting for you instead of getting help herself.

If anything happens to your wife or child (God forbid), how will you sleep at night knowing you could have done something to prevent it?

Whew! Yea, that was me reserving my comment. I'm outta here abeg, before I burst a nerve. sad

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What’s Your Opinion About Being Betrothed? / What Frightened You As A Kid? / Investments For Students, Corper, Teachers,workers And Stay At Home Mums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.