Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland (26419 Views)

RULE 22 / Man On His Kneels To Beg Rich Man In Car For Money In Lagos / This Is What Someone Begging For Money In The Church Through Whatsapp got (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Seun(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
I hereby propose to create a new rule that forbids anyone from asking for money - especially investments and donations - on Nairaland later today. The enforcement of this rule will completely block the activities of many scammers. Any objections?

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
What happens to those who have genuine urgent needs?

116 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Mologi(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2015
Mr.seun nobody knows tomorrow......Those that request for help on different online fora(esp.nairaland) are of different category.

The only thing I can advice is that the nature of nairaland's involvement in the fundraising activity is limited.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by veekid(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
atigbor; abi kiwaani

7 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by ProfEinstein: 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
This is long over due, a lot of people have been scammed on nairaland and more will still be scammed. Nairaland is not a philanthropic home or a home for beggars. The likes of inspiredm and ogakpatakpata scammed a lot of people on the auto section. I strongly advocate that a rule that forbids people from seeking for donations and money be strongly enforced. If u need help or money go to a bank and get a loan. tongue

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Demmzy15(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
Oga Seun, Nairaland is a big family and I think it's not bad for some to ask for money. Even though many abuse it that doesn't mean you block it. Some might be desperate to get money by asking so please don't!

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by sinorte: 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
The rule can sure be created , but maybe with a lil' positive twist to it. We can't rule out honest request for donations and investments from God-fearing nairalanders say because of the rampant, nefarious activities of these scammers.

Rather than have the rule in its entirety, I believe Nairaland mods can put up avenues, for example email addresses, that solicitors can forward their requests to. These requests are in turn verified for authenticity and importance before they are either posted by the mods on behalf of the Nairaland soliciting for such help or that member is notified of the approval of his 'pending post' and subsequent permission to submit the post.

57 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by savio07(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
I stand tall against such rule. Not like it's a good thing to ask for money of any kind BUT let it be left to the supposed giver to use his/her brain to ascertain facts from the begger before rendering out assistance.

All this oloshi afoojoo jobless scammers making everything look ingenuine.

28 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by wasco24: 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
God bless you

Am in support 100000000%

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Sunexy(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
We wud av 2 consult the gods 1st plsss grin

I dnt tink its relevant tho....nairaland wunt be held responsible 4 any scammed individual

6 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by emilyone(f): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
That's serious gbege for some people.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by kennyman2000(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
Hmmm.. I think what u need to do is to get like a small long banner done and stick to each top page of every forums ''telling everyone to investigate any investment they want to go into before commitment as nairaland wont be held responsible incase of any loss'' Then, attach a link underneath it further stating the do's and dont's before commiting onself into an investment on nairaland.

Just my opinion...

28 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by TaoBalinga: 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
K
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by StepTwo: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun ,

on behalf of Nairaland Beggars Association, I have been mandated to inform you that, if by any chance you take any measures to ban the above named association from carrying out it's duties diligently on this platform, there will be repercussions.
we look forward to a stronger partnership with you devoid any room for reprisal.

JT Jesam.
signed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by femiranking28(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
What if it's genuine

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Carry on… grin
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by thinkdip(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
why should it be banned? when there are people who are capable of helping and are ready, why should you make a rule to stop people given help on a large forum like this, I pray you don't fall into a terrible problem where Nairaland family will be your last option for fund.. then you'll realise you single-handedly dashed your hope....
well I am not surprised too, since the "owner" of this forum shows less charitable spirit towards helping people in need.

N.B: If you can't help people, then don't stop other people from helping (let the giver be the judge)

149 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Godmother(f): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
firstEVA:
What happens to those who have genuine urgent needs?

Exactly! Seun this won't be a rule, but an infringement sort off. Everyone recognises that this is an open forum and care should be exercised when dealing in money issues. So nobody holds nairaland responsible when something goes wrong. If you enforce this rule you will only succeed in frustrating some genuine people looking for help.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by globalresource: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Yea...something must be done to check the rate at wish people beg.. .anyway, provision has to be made for genuine and urgent needs as necessary and in compliant with 21st century begging best practices grin
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by adwem2003(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Let them ask na...if you care you give. it's not by force.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Berrylite: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Its good. But Oga Seun, I submitted an advertorial campaign since last week but I hasn't been granted. Pls how can I go about ironing it out? All mails sent to the mods has not been replied. Thank you
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by femiranking28(m): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
savio07:
F
for fowl
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by lekjons(m): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015

well i don't care..
I'm here to catch some fun, not to beg for money or scam people.
or even to say my opinion about how this site should be managed..

This is 2015(no 2005), there's a lot of traffic on this site, that no one will notice if someone gets banned or deactivates his/her account..

you had had it!(money)..
and NL addicts(who can't do without NL), so do as you like..

But seriously, u're the site owner, that doesn't mean u should be a dictator!..

Even people publicly asks for money on premier sites like Twitter...

Maybe when you add another rule restricting members from catching fun(the type i like), i'd move on!

Goodluck!cool

11 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Richie0974: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
I think some people resort to Nairaland as their last option to ask for help from fellow Mainlanders with genuine intentions. I think you should reconsider.

7 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun,you are in order..No objection..What people do is an outright abuse of the social media..Alot of people can beg for money anywhere without shame!!

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by tunwumi: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Yes and no. But it must be moderated and verify
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by samseen02(m): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

5 Greatest Lies In Nigeria! / Boat Accident In Sokoto Kills 13 Children (Graphic Photos) / Pastor Adeboye Thanks Fans With A Pix & Note After Hitting 2M Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.