Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial (54047 Views)

Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by makzeze: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that the attempts to link the ongoing trial of the Senate President Bukola Saraki to him are unacceptable.

President Buhari said this in a statement on Sunday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu.

He said views to the effect that the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) and the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) could only act upon external instigation were equally uninformed.

According to the presidential aide, there is no place in law that the Bureau and the Tribunal should take instructions from any quarters.

He said as an independent institution equal to any superior court of record; the tribunal is set up by the constitution to determine the issue of default, false declaration or forgery in assets declaration.

"This therefore is purely a judicial process and has nothing to do with the Presidency", he said.

He said those who had an axe to grind with what they are doing should do it in a judicial manner by challenging those actions in a proper court of law.

"Let them hire a good team of lawyers to prove their innocence," Shehu said.

"Government has no desire to persecute anybody. The President has vowed to respect the rule of law and this is what he is doing by staying out of this matter. He has said times without number that the war against corruption has no sacred cows," he added.

Shehu noted that "Even if the president wants to help, there is no way he can do anything. Is he going to ask the judge to stop the trial?"

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/buhari-to-saraki-leave-me-out-of-your-trial/111585.html

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Humblega(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
No sauce, sorry source

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by icon8: 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
Correct

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by justurch(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
OK

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
makzeze:
.....He has said times without number that the war against corruption has no sacred cows," he added.

Shehu noted that "Even if the president wants to help, there is no way he can do anything. Is he going to ask the judge to stop the trial?"

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/buhari-to-saraki-leave-me-out-of-your-trial/111585.html

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by oluwafemi113(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
oluwafemi113:

The rise and fall of Bukola Saraki...... Saraki left the PDP for personal reasons......not because he wanted CHANGE. This is evident in his behaviour since APC became victorious. APC trusted Saraki, jilted Belgore just to please Saraki. APC asked both Belgore and Lai Mohammed to relinquish the state leadership to Saraki. While Lai choicelessly agreed, Belgore left APC because 'I can never be in the same party with Saraki talkless of him leading me'.....Raji Fashola spoke and appealed to his bosom friend Belgore not to leave APC but the latter sought Fashola's understanding on the fact that Saraki is not a human being and that APC will regret having Saraki in its fold. APC openly celebrated Saraki. Saraki nominated every single political appointments in Kwara......he took over the structure of the APC in Kwara. APC narrowly won Kwara with just over 100k votes above the PDP. Race for Senate Leadership began. This slot would have naturally gone to the SE had Ngige or other experienced APC senatorial candidate won but APC NASS conflict's foundation was laid by the rejection of the party in the SE! Therefore, 3 major lucky contenders were jostling for the Senate President position......Lawan from NE, Saraki and Akume from NS all wanted to fill the vacuum created by the SE. Buhari and APC preferred Lawan from the NE instead of Tinubu's friend Akume and Atiku's choice Saraki. Tinubu being a smart man quickly asked his friend Akume to step down for the Party's and President's choice Lawan. Akume, another reasonable politician agreed! Tinubu is not just a driver, he also know when to accelerate and when to march the brake!!!!!!! Atiku and Saraki kept on accelerating even when it was obvious that the duo have approached the zebra crossing!!!! A warrior that knows how to fight that does not know how to run when necessary will eventually perish in the battlefield! Saraki and his pushers became arrogant and resolute to disgrace the APC and the President .... All appeals by leaders of their party did not hold water. Saraki said he wanted due process......th erefore, the party organized a primary election to please him......Saraki lost the election and instead of staying within his team and agree with the APC Senators decision, he betrayed the APC and teamed up with the PDP to steal the hard earned victory of the APC through the back door. He wanted SP even if heavens will fall. He eventually stole it while 95% of his colleagues were away, he joined the PDP to ridicule CHANGE. He did not stop there, he made the PDP DSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha! What wickedness What a deadly traitor?? The party was battling with the humble pie and sought further reconciliation by asking Saraki to give other leadership positions left to its preferred choices, at least to calm nerves and save the party from national disgrace...but Saraki once again injured the party and announced his own preferred choices behaving like 'IGE ADUBI' who cares less whether or not his mother or father died on the day of his birth! The intention of Saraki became very clear to APC......he wants to APC to fail, disgraced and destroyed......he has gone back to his former husband...PDP. But the concern of Buhari is different from the APC's.......Buhari wants to eradicate corruption but how can Kwara Corruption King lead from the senate Number one priority of Buhari administration has been ambushed by thieves from the NASS.....Buhari, a soldier and a war tested veteran will not give up the fight to eradicate corruption in Nigeria. His preference for Lawan has nothing to do with politics but with policies! Saraki obviously has constituted himself to be a clog in the wheels of CHANGE. He has become the arrow head of Business as Usual in a government of CHANGE! Therefore his book of remembrance was opened. His judgement became expedient.....Since he wanted to be one of leaders in the government of Change, he must be thoroughly searched. Buhari the first leader has been searched....... Osinbajo the second leader has been searched.....so why will Saraki the 'third' leader avoid search You cannot eat your cake and have it!!!!! For those who said why saraki? Keep your mouth shut. Saraki wants to be number three and therefore, his cupboards must be opened, we must know his condition and fitness......if he passed this current test, then CHANGE will admit him but if he fails......CHANGE will purge him........ This is not a joke! CHANGE has come to Nigeria and he who must come to equity must come with clean hands! And that is what we mean by Common Sense Revolution!

588 Likes 109 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Humblega:
No sauce, sorry source

Dailytrust is not enough for you?

Sauce ko, stew ni.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Monday is at the corner.

No hiding place for a .... man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Adofaya: 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
Babas body odour at work.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by modath(f): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
Sai baba too sure!!!!

My president on point!!

cc: passingshot , omenka, midolian, beremx, obiagelli, Ngeneukwenu, 989900, dustmalik, pentiumpro, efilefun, abduljabbar4, fulanimafia, seunmsg,franchizy,gbawe, insultaan,sammyj

If i no mention you no vex, names miss for my head ni oo....abeg make una show, are you reading what ayam reading? smiley

wailers, una fit show too, come & see what we mean by will to fight corruption... cool

LONG LIVE PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

LONG LIVE PROFFESSOR YEMI OSINBAJO

LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

201 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Humblega(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:

Dailytrust is not enough for you?

Sauce ko, stew ni.

He just added it. It wasn't there b4

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by fulanimafia: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
All of the attempts to link PMB to Saraki's travails are only aimed at trivializing and oversimplifying a serious allegation of corruption. No amount of cheap blackmail will distract the CCB from extensively and intensively prosecuting the corrupt and treacherous Saraki.

President Buhari has expressly washed and sterilized his hands off Saraki's mess, wailers be warned.

modath:

Sai baba too sure!!!!
My president on point!!
cc: passingshot , omenka, midolian, beremx, obiagelli, Ngeneukwenu, 989900, dustmalik, pentiumpro, abduljabbar, fulanimafia
If i no mention you no vex, names miss for my head ni oo....abeg make una show, are you reading what ayam reading? smiley
wailers, una fit show too, come & see what we mean by will to fight corruption... cool

My brother this Presidential OYO is unprecedented in our National history.

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by floma07(m): 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
Perfect... I just can't figure out why I so much like this great guy called President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB)... "The Common Sense Revolutionist".....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by kunlexy1759(m): 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
Buhari belongs to nobody on this issue. let the rule of law stand

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Imortal001: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
I say it before, and i say again, pmb is just giving those agencies free hand to do their job.

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by c33b33(m): 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
Confusion everywhere. Lol

Those who claim they love nigeria but are more interested in scoring political points. Next election they will come together again,smile and dance together to fool their morons.
Keep it up and let the zombies continue to be fooled.

Nde ara!

IPOB Youth

8 Likes

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by midolian(m): 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
modath:

Sai baba too sure!!!!

My president on point!!

cc: passingshot , omenka, midolian, beremx, obiagelli, Ngeneukwenu, 989900, dustmalik, pentiumpro, abduljabbar, fulanimafia

LONG LIVE YOU TOO, MODATH! grin grin grin

This is the CHANGE we voted for. Sofily sofily, sanity is being restored to the system. When I said Buhari doesn't know how to break promises until forced by circumstances beyond human control, some called me a blind supporter. We can all see now

We will restore sanity to the system - Buhari(2015) cool
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/we-will-restore-sanity-to-the-system-buhari-declares/

#LetSarakiCarryHisCrossAlone

Lalasticlala, I hail thee. grin

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2015

I tire!

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by seunmsg(m): 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
Good clarification from the president. Saraki should go and answer his case before the CCT and stop dragging the president or some obscure political enemies into the matter. Buhari and Tinubu were not there when he was allegedly looting the resources of Kwara state and SGB. Why is he now dragging them into his problem now.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by yimikaa: 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
Those calling for Buhari's intervÉntion have their own skeleton. Saraki should respond to the offence. His sins has found him out.

Those alleging 'witch-hunt' should table that before the judge!

#PowerToThePeople

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
Whether his hands or feet or head is in the matter or not nothing concrete would come out of it!

BTW nwgeneUKWU when will Saraki be arrested and removed lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by 989900: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
CCT, I hail o!

Former 'mere' commissioner, I hail o! cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Realisticman: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
Buhari has even assert the superiority of the CCB in this case. Let the law takes its full course and let any Judge or SAN that make themselves available to be used to truncate the laws of the land meet adequate sanction!
Wetin even pain me pass be say, Kwara na poor state. So somebody who has the mind to plunder that state like this should not attract any sympathy from any clean mind!

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by 989900: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
Realisticman:
Buhari has even assert the superiority of the CCB in this case. Let the law takes its full course and let any Judge or SAN that make themselves available to be used to truncate the laws of the land meet adequate sanction!

There is some lawmaker from the SE that's being currently monitored for such activities. It is alleged that he is very good at such manipulations especially with the Abuja High court.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Realisticman: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
989900:

There is some lawmaker from the SE that's being currently monitored for such activities. It is alleged that he is very good at such manipulations especially with the Abuja High court.
Ok, let us wait and see. I believe this case has already generated enough heat for anybody to want to involve himself on it. But a fly that will not heed a good advice......!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by engrflames: 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol you people just comment ignorantly!! Now Buhari does not have any power to discipline any Judge or SAN!! You people would know the limits of the presidential powers in the comming days.BTW whatever decision is reached by the CCT would be appealed up to the supreme court level while Saraki continues to hold forth as SP

Grandpa what's your problem with Saraki's issues?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
Realisticman:
Wetin even pain me pass be say, Kwara na poor state. So somebody who has the mind to plunder that state like this should not attract any sympathy from any clean mind!

Lol you people just comment ignorantly!! Now Buhari does not have any power to discipline any Judge or SAN!! You people would know the limits of the presidential powers in the comming days.BTW whatever decision is reached by the CCT would be appealed up to the supreme court level while Saraki continues to hold forth as SP

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
Realisticman:

Ok, let us wait and see. I believe this case has already generated enough heat for anybody to want to involve himself on it. But a fly that will not heed a good advice......!

You people are only good at making online noise!! You think everyone are cowards like you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by modath(f): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
fulanimafia:
All of the attempts to link PMB to Saraki's travails are only aimed at trivializing and oversimplifying a serious allegation of corruption. No amount of cheap blackmail will distract the CCB from extensively and intensively prosecuting the corrupt and treacherous Saraki.
President Buhari has expressly washed and sterilized his hands off Saraki's mess, wailers be warned.

My brother this Presidential OYO is unprecedented in our National history.

Bros, no amount of bros calling will make me add "f" to my profile, ayam female!! cheesy

For everything else, i say 3 orijin for you, amma get myself white wine in anticipation of victory...

8 Likes

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by alaoeri: 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki should carry his cross & leave PMB out of this.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial by joseph1832(m): 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
Nice words coming from PMB. Saraki should start getting ready to face the music, he must have forgotten this isn't the era of GEJ and his new PDP where impunity and 'do any how' was the order of the day.

This is now the era of PMB and the motto of this era is no longer "change" but "if you do anyhow, you go see anyhow".

Saraki forgot that "those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Proves Dino Melaye Served in Kaduna, See What He Shared (Photos) / Pictures From Peter Obi & Datti Presidential Rally In Kaduna / Amaechi Searched At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.