Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African (23035 Views)

What Do You Think It Means To Be African / Why Do White Americans Like Telling Black Americans To Go Back To Africa? / See Africa’s 15 Most Expensive Buildings Worth Millions Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by tourismlove: 8:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Hi friends,
if after reading through this post, you find out you posses most of these qualities then you might be African or have African roots.Please enjoy reading

1. You don’t play with your food: Africans don’t play with their food; you could get beat up for touching the food of an African.

2. You have more than one mobile sim card: The average African has more than one mobile sim card, this is due to the crappy mobile network providers; the funny thing is that most usually have only one phone which might have slots for as much as 4 sim cards.

3. You don’t likewise play with your sleep: Never wake an African from his or her sleep, you just might end up in a coma.

4. You have a very loud voice: This is a gift from mother nature herself, the ability to shout without stress

5. You have Special Outfits that you wear for Christmas, New Year, and parties, to the church or mosque: Africans always love to look good irrespective of the occasion; we carefully select special clothes and hope nobody else wears it except when it had been agreed.

6. You always love to be noticed: Africans love to be the centre of attention even if it’s in our uncles burial

7. You are very respectful and desire to be equally respected: A word synonymous to Africa is respect. An African is trained to respect their elders or one in a position of authority even to a fault.

8. You get scared easily: Need I say more, it’s in our DNA. You want to have a successful prank, try it on an African.

9. You wish you had super powers: As funny as this may sound, we Africans believe in the supernatural and would love to posses such powers for ourselves.

10. You are very materialistic: The success of an African is measured by how much wealth he or she is able to amass for himself or herself

11. You like free things; as long as you don’t have to pay, its fine by you: From free food, to free wifi, to free ride; and African would never turn down this offer as long as it’s free.

12. You love your life: Safety is paramount in Africa; you don’t mind losing all your properties as long as you don’t lose your life. That’s why you rarely see an African on a roller coaster or close to water.

13. You easily identify with people you aren’t even close with: Africans are very friendly. We easily start up a conversation in a bus, train, cab or plane; even with someone you never met before

14. You believe any bad thing happening to you is as a result of external forces: Most Africans believe that aliens are hindering our success or a certain witch in their village is sitting on their destinies

15. You have a very funny accent: well English is not our mother tongue but we try

I LOVE AFRICA

http://knowaboutnigeria..com.ng/2015/09/welcome-to-africa-15-funny-attributes.html

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by afolwalex20(m): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
grin grin
Nice one OP.
Aside 4 and 15 am guilty of all cheesy

#proudly African

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by drasob: 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
This guy above me stole my FTC angry

Lovely write up OP

I LOVE AFRICA TOO grin

lalasticlala, ishilove this should make front page ooo, lets promote AFRICA

3 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by McCarlito(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
tourismlove:

1. You don’t play with your food
Maybe u didn't check England before u wrote this
2. You have more than one mobile sim card
Every advanced country working class has always gotten its Official Line (work) and the Private Line (family and friends)
3. You don’t likewise play with your sleep
Trust me Africans don't sleep as much as the whites sleep
4. You have a very loud voice
Not as loud as the "Very" u included
5. You have Special Outfits that you wear for Christmas, New Year, and parties, to the church or mosque
C'mon who still reserves christmas and newyear clothes... Humans have "special" clothes for "special" functions like imagine wearing the halloween costume to church undecided
6. You always love to be noticed
I don't buy this idea
7. You are very respectful and desire to be equally respected
That's so true
8. You get scared easily
Really Being scared doesn't flow in the veins of africans try that with a whiteman
9. You wish you had super powers
The whites super-power-wannabees are higher
10. You are very materialistic
I don't think so bro... No forget say na oyinbo we dey copy things from
11. You like free things; as long as you don’t have to pay, its fine by you
Who doesn't like free money? I bet u haven't seen whites scampering for free things at the malls
12. You love your life
We all love our lives both white and black alike
13. You easily identify with people you aren’t even close with
The whites are not more friendly than africans
14. You believe any bad thing happening to you is as a result of external forces
Well maybe undecided
15. You have a very funny accent
Have u heard an indian man speak English?

Meanwhile; the post is applicable to all humans not just africans angry angry angry

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by afolwalex20(m): 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
drasob:
This guy above me stole my FTC angry

Lovely write up OP

I LOVE AFRICA TOO grin

lalasticlala, ishilove this should make front page ooo, lets promote AFRICA

Stole??
U were 2min late bro cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by tourismlove: 8:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
Here it is http://knowaboutnigeria..com.ng/2015/09/welcome-to-africa-15-funny-attributes.html

lalasticlala:
Op tourismlove , I have issues with your link. The link is not opening. I need direct link to the page where u lifted the article, the direct page not the website home page.
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by drasob: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lol, you correct bro, just as i was about to click it to comment; i saw your comments wink

afolwalex20:

Stole??
U were 2min late bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by GabrielSuswam(m): 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
Nyben was here
That's All

3 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by picoba(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
Africa?

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Shaadey: 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
Not only Africans

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by LatestTrend: 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
nice one.

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by eleojo23: 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
Many of these points don't apply to me. For instance,
I don't have a loud voice and I don't like announcing myself (trying to get noticed)
Also, I am not materialistic. My desire to acquire wealth is driven by the urge to be of help to people who come my way and not just for personal consumption.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by lilmax(m): 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
I don't play with my food

Number 11 is the real deal cheesy.....visit phone section for confirmation

2 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by JVgal(f): 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
OK. We don hear

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by damton(m): 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
what of . you have to pronounce words in twos. e.g slow slow. tay tay. etc. add yours.

2 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by BizBayo: 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
I love my Africa. I will do anything to see it rise. God bless Africa.

3 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by paulexy1998(m): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
na sooona sooona sooo

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
Africa is my fatherland...Nigeria is my country oooo #hummingandpassingby#

2 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by boboLIL(m): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
Nice list.....I get tiny and cute voice oh

2 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by rafeelly(m): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
proudly African...: D

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by sassiemyk: 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
No matter the tribe or colour yhu are, just know that GODDEY

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Titto93(m): 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
11. We are made of black

3 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by tjfulloption(m): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
I don't believe in all this attributes for inasmuch as my skin is black, the type of my hair is different from others from other race. I am an AFRICAN. awon omo wobe! Wobe!

2 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by SirVjay(m): 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
When I Finish Dis Sk wey dy My Hand I go comment. #NoDisturbance

2 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by passionate88: 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
No. 11 na Nigerian girls.

11. You like free things; as long as you don’t have to pay,
its fine by you : From free food, to free wifi, to free ride; and
African would never turn down this offer as long as it’s
free.

2 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by yomi007k(m): 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
Apart from 1,2,7 n 15 I don't do others.

Does that mean I'm an alien? grin

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by OduntanGabriel(m): 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
op, I get scared easily, I am too respectful.......... that's all..

.Read Types Of People We Missed On Nairaland. https://www.nairaland.com/2609879/10-types-people-missed-nairaland

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Fulaman198(m): 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
Some of these don't apply to me either. In Fulani culture (Pulaagu), Courage or Bravery (Cuusal) is very important. We are taught not to fear anything. So no, I'm typically fearless (though some human emotions teach people to fear). Loud? I'm the farthest thing from loud. My culture is not a loud one.

I think it's human nature to want things for free. Though most of the time I have a hard time accepting free things.

Many African cultures are not materialistic (Ful6e (Fulani)) people are not materialistic at all. In fact there are many West African cultures that are not.

My accent may be funny to people not familiar with it, but to me, their accent is equally funny and ridiculous to the point I can't even stand it.

Many of those things don't apply to me personally (or many Africans in general). I do wish I had Super Powers though, the ability to fly faster than light, be durable enough to withstand damage that can destroy a Universe, be strong enough to lift entire planets on my back smiley who wouldn't want that. I would have the power to stop cruelty all over the world if I could do that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Fulaman198(m): 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
yomi007k:
Apart from 1,2,7 n 15 I don't do others.

Does that mean I'm an alien? grin

No, it means that you are you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluwo Installs Emmytex Martins Emeka As Eze Ndigbo Of Iwoland Today (Pictures) / Nigeria's Disappearing Languages / 10 Extinct Nigerian Languages And What You Think Can Be Done To Save The Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.