Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (45005 Views)

Saudi Military, Noa Advocate Alternative Narrative On Terrorism. / Why Do Blacks Disrespect Ben Carson? / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by airmark(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
stanech:

His actions over the years has lead me to believe he is though[b] it is not on record anywhere[/b].

Are you very sure? Ben carson said the nak.ed opinion of the minds of majority of americans, though it might sound politically stvpid.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by atlwireles: 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
America is a western democracy, Islamist don't separate their religion and politics. So, Ben Carson has a very valid point. Even here in Nigeria, Islamist are not prepared to live under a non moslem president.

8 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by llaykorn: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
SenseiX:

Ben Carson is running a close second behind frontrunner Donald Trump in the Republican presidential race and his base is mainly christian conservatives.

Sure! He'll have his born-again and Deeper Life brothers voting for him. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by taxsman(m): 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Seal and Stamp
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
You actually bought the pirated copy so the dustbin is where it belongs.

BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by neocortex: 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?

Fastest growing by birth and immigration,
Larger population does not in anyway relate to prosperity,
in fact most group who engage in unmitigated population
explosion usually have a large percentage of them ending up
in the ghettos.
You and I know that very very few ghetto children end up as doctors
and lawyers , instead gangsterism is their order of the day.

You should aspire to become the most educated not the largest.
Over-population breeds poverty.

7 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by udemzyudex(m): 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*

Who cares?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
Now about ISLAM....
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by neocortex: 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
wadetaw202:

I fear a bush overtake of Carson. But I am afraid Truman would clinch the primaries. He is vocal, outgoing, loud, proud, self imposing and almost violent in his utterances. He looks the type that will play dirty politics if he has the opportunity. Carson on the other hand does not look forceful enough, though he is coming up gradually. If I am to choose who lifts GOP's banner at the general election, I will go for Ben Carson. He is the next hope and next repairer of the damaged american Godly heritage.

Carson , the christian fanatic won't win the primary,
he is just there for contest sake.
America don't need a fanatic.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ERAKAMUS: 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
atlwireles:
America is a western democracy, Islamist don't separate their religion and politics. So, Ben Carson has a very valid point. Even here in Nigeria, Islamist are not prepared to live under a non moslem president.
SPOT ON

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
Now about ISLAM....

when I was in the Northern part.

IGBOS..........
have RELIGION and CULTURE (never joins both).

YORUBAS.........
have RELIGION and CULTURE (never joins both).

HAUSA/FULANI.... ...........
have only RELIGION and no culture.

That's why u see them practice teenage marriage, SHARIA, JIHAD, BOKO, ISIS,.. in fact what ever (all these are components of ISLAM)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by jsea(m): 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
He said so because the major problem of the us and the world is islam.......so if Muslim becomes the world ruler is that not an access

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Btruth: 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
cool

Whatever the people decides. But I doubt if there's anyway the Americans will try the security of their cherished country into a Muslim man's hand. Though, America and the British has people of diverse background, but I think there's a limit to how much you can play around with the security of your nation.

All the same, there's possibility of a Muslim becoming a President in America. But he or she will have to be a very dedicated personality to hold such an office.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by absoluteSuccess: 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hail Carson.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by SomebodyLovesMe: 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
kay29000:

That's what religion does...He is a radical Christian and doesn't like radical Muslims...How ironic. This is why I stay neutral.

Sadly, there is no such thing as neutral. Hope you don't find that out at a time when it is too late.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by CSTR2: 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
IamAtribalist:
So what? EVERY country has people they don't want as their no.1 leader. In America its Muslims. In Israel is Arabs. In Nigeria its the akpu-eating, chest-beating flattheads. The enormous risk just overwhelms the the up-sides.
When the likes of buhari and OBJ are your presidents, then sorry if i don't find the Nigerian presidentship enticing.
You can see why the country is one big giant hell-hole.
No wonder those white guys on the UNZ website believes the failure of biafran actualization is the greatest injustice to the black race.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ERAKAMUS: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
ALISMILE:
Yes! I ve been waiting for this! Thank God they ve finally admitted it! True, Islam and US values can never, I mean neva go in same direction! The immoral values as engrained in the system of tins in d US is in total disagreement with the spirit of Islam! Homosexuality, lesbianism, prostitution, bestiality(sleeping with animals), alcoholism, drugs and high societal immorality ar values that we muslims, no matter the circumstance, will never compromise! Islam does not compromise evil, unlike christianity where anytin goes! Am sooooooo happy my religion is Islam!
Then tell your creepy muslems to leave the US and other Western States na Pathetic some even went as far as denying their FAITH just to LIVE in EUROPE you are here Blabbing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by kay29000(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

Sadly, there is no such thing as neutral. Hope you don't find that out at a time when it is too late.

To each his own. Worry about your own life.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Kennydoc(m): 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?

I really hate it when you Muslims boast about how Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Muslims are given a free hand to practice their religion in the western world, even to the point of building imposing mosques. There is no integration of Christianity into government policies in those countries. People are even free to denounce Christianity and accept Islam, which is often celebrated on the pages of newspapers and on social media.

In the Middle East however, the situation is exactly the opposite. Islam has been integrated into the government of those nations, making it very difficult to practice another religion. Renouncing of Islam has to be done in secret otherwise it will be met with death, which is the sentence for apostasy. People even go ahead to kill their siblings or children who renounce Islam, calling it honour killing. Are you aware that many Muslims are daily being converted to Christianity in Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc, but they can't open up on their conversion for the sake of their lives.

Why is there no freedom of choice in Islam? Why can't people be allowed to choose which lifestyle or religion they desire in the Muslim world?
Until the Muslim world adopts democratic governance in their Nations, they should stop celebrating any advantage they gain from democracy in the Western (mostly Christian) Nations.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
nobody wants a terrorist as president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
Americans il never agreed. If they give it a second thought, who knows wat would happen. I don't trust those people called muslims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by neocortex: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abbey2sam:

You don't know what your talking about,
Go and read history of America, America was built on religion(Christianity) by the founding fathers

The founding fathers of America were immigrant who were not allowed to practice their religion (Christianity)in their respective countries, the original habitants of America of today were the red Indians

Things only change as time pass by which has brought about their developments

Also note this
America constitution was written on christian values by the founding fathers

Muslim will never and can never rule America
Just like the reverse in Saudi Arabia

Stop quoting history when you don't know,
America founding fathers left their homes for economic not
religious reasons, if you are conversant with history you will
know that most of the founding fathers were deists not Christians
as you claim.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Timoleon(m): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
Idrismusty97:
None of the candidates campaigning are even Muslims so who is he throwing the jab at? Ben Carson just officially lost the presidential race before it even start. He is indirectly mocking the American constitution and democracy as a whole. He wouldn't have even dream of being a Presidential candidate if Blacks were still not allowed to run for any post, If Apartheid still exist. But today the US has a black man as their president. I am afraid Ben Carson may also lose respect as a world renowned neurosurgeon. Just check out the BBC page and see how he is being criticized for the statement by fellow Americans. Racists Americans would also take advantage of this to spread propagandas of how "Hateful" Ben Carson is giving more reasons why you should vote for only whites. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153110441612217&id=228735667216&refid=17

i hope you understand what he meant by "values and principles" that define america....for the most part of it, it equality and freedom....most muslims especialy arabs dont believe in equality, esoecually of sexes and are also known not to guarantee freedom, check most of tharab states....hes not against muslims, as long as the principles can be upheld.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
the refugees from syria that are in germany that are muslims are converting to christianity so they can stay in europe in peace... terrorism, jihad and apostacy killings is making people HATE islam...

people dont hate buddism, hinduism or taoism... why? there is no "kill the infidels clause" in these religions.

husnath:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:

SHARAAAAP Joooooooooor.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by CSTR2: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
neocortex:

Stop quoting history when you don't know,
America founding fathers left their homes for economic not
religious reasons, if you are conversant with history you will
know that most of the founding fathers were deists not Christians
as you claim.
It was actually both.
They were mainly european protestants fleeing catholic persecutions in europe at first. Then after some time, europeans began to migrate there for economic reasons.
The common denominator is that there were mostly practicing christians.
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by umar4info(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lilimax:
Glad to know that a lot of Americans are beginning reason with their head. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed Waiting for that day a Christian will become the president or whatever they call it in U.A.E.
am sure you are dreaming
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by 4stylz: 6:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
Muslims are the problem the world is having;

I support this

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by gabicon: 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bialegend:
"Values and principles" exactly what Nnamdi Kanu of Radio Biafra has been harping on about. If you live together in a country with peoples of opposite "Values and principles" to yours as obtains in Nigeria's of today, then there is no way such a country will proper nor have peace. For us Biafrans to achieve our target goals in life, we must fight hard to separate from Nigeria where these northerners and south westerners are clogging the wheels of our progress. We do not have anything in common with them.

I think you need to get it straight, SS is not Biafra. And should we decide to split as a country which is most unlikely, it is going to be a north, SW, SE, and SS split. The truth is the SE is the most disadvantaged of the pair.
So tell Mr KANU to have a plan in place for the survival and sustainance of the SE before blowing his trumpet of secession.

7 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by chikids(m): 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
husnath:

You are a very big dreamer, keep dreaming and don't wake up. This your write-up is not Achievable even in the next one billion years. Islam my foot.

1 Like

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by cbrass(m): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
SenseiX:

Bush won't rise despite his huge cash haul and Trump will eventually lose steam. Carson might win the first primary in Iowa because of his strength with Christian Conservatives.
In my opinion the person to watch is that Fiorina lady, She had a strong debate performance and the media seem to be pushing her narrative. I'm rooting sentimentally for Carson too though, his story inspired me back then in my teen years.

If it's the same Presidential debate I watched on CNN? Then lady fiorina stand no chance. That Donald guy is too intimidating both in size and cash, he will most likely root out all the other candidates but he doesn't sound intelligent to me. As for Ben Carson he can't win now, I hope jeb bush wins

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12-yr-old Boy With Growth Tail Hailed As god In India / 75-Year-Old Woman Marries A 27yr Old Man...says 'love Has No Age Limit' / Belarus Foreign Minister, Vladimir Makei, Killed By Russian Assassins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.