Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Pulse - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pulse (534 Views)

Reporter/editor Wanted For Pulse.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pulse by mrfrancios(m): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
I HAVE LONG SUBDUED THE DEXTERITY OF MY LITERAL PROWESS BUT THE URGE TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT WILL GIVE BIRTH TO THIS PIECE OF WRITING......

WARNING!!!!!
This story is 100% fiction and all characters and places are works of my wild imaginations, No part of this work is to be printed,copied or reproduced without the full consent of the author.
I roll with people that takes down websites,blogs,pages and forums for the fun of it so please do not think of plagiarism
THIS IS NOT AN EMPTY THREAT!!!
Re: Pulse by mrfrancios(m): 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
CHAPTER ONE

I woke up tired, weak and feed-up of the vagaries of life, it was a monday morning,a whole new week was ahead of me, meaning that i will try to feed, survive and help out mama and my siblings. a new week of trying to be a man was ahead of me.
A week that changed my life

my name is francis...sincerely my name is livinus, but there was no way i would go about with that nomenclature, so after enduring the mockery and reproach from my mates in primary school i had to pull up for confarmation classes in the roman catholic church and get myself a new name and since i was going to enroll in a new secondary school,old things would pass away...so would the name livinus.
i grew up in the slums of abakpa, with my grandparents, the reason for that i never understood until i grew up, my parents were everything marriage shouldn't be that sometimes i wondered how the priest was able to hold his conscience and wed the pair after witnessing the bickering at themselves right before the alter of the most high.....that's a story for another book.
Re: Pulse by mrfrancios(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
i woke up, languidly draged myself up remembering i had an interview for the position of a salesman in a tea producing company...i wonder what would bring a civil engineer down to the level of selling tea.
The economic condition of the country Nigeria
i graduated from the univerisity of the state of enugu since four years ago and after failing to secure a job after serving my country in the north west i had to come back to enugu and fall back on the street,i have written tons of job tests, gone to countless interviews and all i get was the popular phrase, 'we will get back to you'.
The street brought me succour, provided me with a roof over my head, my one bedroom apartment in a well designed face-me compound somewhere in obiagu, close to my main market, the university of nigeria. i bought and sold phones and laptops and other accesories for a living and my niche was the students, inbetween phone sales i did other menial works ranging from bricklaying to car washing[ this are jobs i never dreamt of doing in my live but as the saying goes, 'THIS IS AFRICA, DREAMS DONT COME TRUE HERE'. i had to modify my dreams to siute my situation]
Re: Pulse by mrfrancios(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
I needed a source of regular income because business in the streets wasn't forthcoming and I was beginning to go weeks without money.
So after searching around enugu for job openings I was invited for an interview in a distribution firm that markets chinese anti aging tea and other recipes that makes women stay young. Although I had my doubts about such kind of organisations I knew that anything about physiognomical improvement of the feminine specie brings money since men will never fail to pay the bills,I brushed off all nature of Pessimism and prepared well for the interview.
In my dark blue suit, sparkling armani shirt, a pair of borrowed black broques and a file containing my credentials,I was ready to face the world.
But not lois.
The venue for the interview was somewhere in trans-ekulu, I arrived the building, an aging 3-story office complex that needed rehab and began to loose the boost of fate I had that morning.I stood at the entrance I searched for a sign that showed my destination and found nothing. what kind of cooperate business organization can't afford a decent sign board? I stood there,lost in thought and out of hope,wondering what sins my father committed that made God this mad at me his begotten son.
Are you here for the interview?
The voice came from behind,I turned and completely froze out.
Before me was the most beautiful lady I ve ever set my eyes on.she was tall for a woman, nicely shaped hazzel eyes with dark brown eyeballs,her face was nicely cut that i for sometime wondered if God cut faces out of rocks, my eyes travelled down and took a coffee break on her chest,you know the drill,she has the shape of an hour glass or a coca-cola bottle and her body hugged her brown office gown in a perfect match, her legs were smooth and straight like match sticks and she oozed so much class, what struck me the most was the fact that she wore less make-up.
Excuse me?
Yes...yes, I am sorry for ogling, I am here for the interview,please how can I find the office of ZEE cooperation?
I felt embarrassed but I needed help.
You are the fourth guy I am showing that place to this morning, take the central stairs to the first floor,the third office by your left is the place.
At the hearing of 'fourth guy' a bang of jealously struck me and I concluded that I wasn't in my right senses.
'Thank you' I managed to blurt out as I rushed to get away from her presence before I am completely mesmerized.
I heard her wish me luck as I ran through the stairs and a glance on my phone display showed that I was twenty four minutes late.
Re: Pulse by mrfrancios(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
The interview went on with no special occurrence,I was questioned by two HR officials, a man about to leave his forties,chubby and brief like one of those sport casts in AIT,I later found out that he is named titus, he tried his best to confuse and exasparate me through out the interview asking me questions like,
"What do you know about the 2015 general elections in canada?"
"Sir with all due respect, I know nothing about it because am not a fan of canadian politics"
"What interests you son?" His college chipped in,a woman in here early thirties, dark completion and with a funny set of teeth arrangements, I wonder what made her think she can mother a man of my age after going true my CV,I felt insulted,I needed their job.
"Well, I find interest in a lot of things.."
"Like women" titus coughed
"I find women interesting just like every other male would"
"So you are saying your major interest lies in women?"
Seeing that this interrogation is shifting from employer-employee zone to mother-son questioning about an alleged pregnancy,I started responding sarcastically.
"No ma'am,I find elephants interesting" I retorted.
She was shocked and decided to attack my intelligence.
"Tell us about your marketing abilities and how you plan to excel as a sales representative in our firm?"
I was prepared for that question and I went on to impress them with my laid out strategies and drawn out plans, getting the "good" and "wonderful" comments from the madam as I confidently made my points.
I left the venue with the hope of getting the job, the madam stressed about me giving them my current adress or phone number and that ignited my faith and entered the hardest stage of job seeking.
The waiting stage.
But as I left the venue,my mind raced back to her, though we meet in a hurry I never forgot those eyes, and well, the killer curves.
I tried to brush off her thoughts from my mind, telling my self that its just one of those random meetings that dies just as it ends,as I walked down to the bus stop,it occurred to me that my last meal was the eba and tasty ogbonno I shared with my niccour cane last evening,I decided to go and eat something, my eyes fell on Genesis, the so much talked about fast food in nowas, my guys always bragged about how they took girls from the hood their and got laid the next day.
Girls falling for cheap scam since the days of john the baptist.
I concluded that I will spoil myself that day,something I ve not done for a long while,infact I could count the number of times iv being spoilt since I grew up. After all it would cost me my last card but I promised to go over to the car wash and work after the flexing.
I walked into the fast food like my father owned it, drop fifty bucks chip with the door man, called the waiter to my table and told her to give me a bottle of malt while I look through their menu, ten minutes later I was lost in thought of what to eat, the menu looked the same with the joints in obiagu expect for their pies nd chips, and ridiculously expensive. As I was trying to sort myself, I heard the voice again

(1) (Reply)

14 Things Only Writers Understand / Beautiful Soul (with Picture) / Life Is A Race But Not A Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.