Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (13178 Views)

14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04am On Apr 14, 2009
“Jesus’ Tomb Found” Claim As Empty as Jesus’ [real] Tomb
A review of Sunday evening’s television attack on the Resurrection

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus/resurrection/jesus-tomb-found-claim-as-empty-as-jesus-real-tomb/
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30am On Jul 28, 2009
The fact that Abraham Lincoln was born, became president, or was assassinated cannot be proven using scientific methods.  To be scientific it must be repeatable (as in the testing of gravity).  The proofs that Lincoln did exist and was a historical figure are:

1. the written evidence,
2. eyewitness testimony,
3. physical evidence that remains to this day at the Ford Theatre, birth records and newspaper articles regarding his election.

All these facts are acceptable in a court of law as proof to a judge and jury.

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential: [list]

1. the empty tomb still exists,
2. His birth record is documented all the way back to Adam and Eve,
3. the four Gospels record His death;
4. the location, even the names of the political leaders who sentenced Him are historically recorded;
5. there were more than five hundred eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection, recorded by the New Testament writers;
6. the very existence of the Christian faith, based on His death and resurrection;
7. the cultural and political evidence at the time, including the Roman calender separating all of time into Before Christ (B.C.) and in the year of our Lord (A.D.)."

1 Like

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Jesarmy(f): 12:56am On Jul 28, 2009
Do you know why I believe in Jesus?
Do you know why Jesus is the greatest?
On that third day Jesus rose from the dead and that is why He is Lord!
He is Lord!!,He is Lord!!!, yes Jesus is Lord!!!!
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

2 Likes

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nezan(m): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2009
There is no name under heaven where in we are saved, except the glorious name of JESUS!!

2 Likes

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2009
Does Circumstantial Evidence Confirm the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Timothy McVeigh, the man behind the Oklahoma City bombing, had a date with death.  On 11 June, 2001, he received a lethal injection for killing 168 innocent people, even though no one saw him commit the crime.  All the evidence against McVeigh was circumstantial.

Indirect testimony: That's what circumstantial evidence is.  It is an accumulation of facts from which one can draw intelligent conclusions.  As a newspaper reporter covering the courts, former journalist Lee Strobel saw how circumstantial evidence is used to expose what really happened during a crime.  So, in the midst of a spiritual quest, Strobel began to wonder: Could circumstantial evidence verify that the resurrection of Christ really happened?

Well, he took his question to philosopher J.P. Moreland.  In a challenging voice, Strobel asked Moreland: "Can you give me five pieces of solid circumstantial evidence that convince you that Jesus rose from the dead?

Certainly, Moreland responded.  First, there's the evidence of the skeptics.  Some of those who were most hostile to Jesus prior to His death became His most ardent supporters afterwards.  Second, the ancient Jews had a number of immensely important religious rituals.  These included the offering of animal sacrifices, obeying the Mosaic law, and keeping the Sabbath.  But within five weeks of Jesus' death, more than 10,000 Jews had suddenly altered or abandoned these rituals.  Moreland asked: Why would they relinquish rites that had long given them their national identity?  The implication is that something enormously significant had occured.  Third, we see the emergence of new rituals: the sacraments of Communion and Baptism.  The early Jews baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, "which," Moreland said, "meant they had elevated Jesus to the full status of God."  Fourth, we see the rapid rise of a new Church, beginning shortly after the death of Jesus.  Within twenty years this new Church (begun by the companions of a dead carpenter) had reached Caesar's palace in Rome, and eventually spread throughout the Roman empire.  And fifth, Moreland said, there's the most convincing circumstantial evidence of all: the fact that every one of Jesus' disciples was willing to suffer and die for his beliefs.  These men spent the rest of their lives witnessing about Christ.  They frequently went without food; they were mocked, beaten and thrown into prison.  In the end, all but one died a painful martyr's death.

Would they have done this for a lie?  Of course not.  They did it because they were convinced beyond a doubt that they had seen the risen Christ.  Even it we doubted 2,000 year old evidence, we have all the circumstantial evidence, we could possibly want right in front of us.  It is, Moreland said, "the ongoing encounter with the resurrected Christ that happens all over the world, in every culture, to people from all kinds of background and personalities.  They all will testify that more than any single thing in their lives, Jesus Christ has changed them."

Circumstantial evidence earned Timothy McVeigh a death sentence.  But sacred circumstantial evidence about the resurrection of Jesus Christ can lead all of us, including McVeigh, to a much better verdict: everlasting life in the presence of God.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by JIL(m): 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2009
Circumstantial evidence is profitable for the benefit of those scoffers and doubters. For real Christians, the Spirit of truth confirms the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Tudor6(f): 5:54am On Jul 29, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that Abraham Lincoln was born, became president, or was assassinated cannot be proven using scientific methods.  To be scientific it must be repeatable (as in the testing of gravity). 

First let me say these your ridiculous attempts to empirically proove the bible and jesus is becoming embarassing. It would be better if you'd just tow the bible-kisser line of "you need spiritual eyes to see". Stop disgracing yourself and fellow christians!
The proofs that Lincoln did exist and was a historical figure are:

[list]
[li]the written evidence,[/li]
[/list]
There's a wide range of written evidence both by followers, independent reporters and non-Americans.
Where is written evidence for jesus apart from writings of his lying disciples
[list]
[li]eyewitness testimony,[/li]
[/list]

True. But any eye witness testimony of jesus?
[list]
[li]physical evidence that remains to this day at the Ford Theatre, birth records and newspaper articles regarding his election.[/li]
[/list]

All these facts are acceptable in a court of law as proof to a judge and jury.

Any physical evidence to proove jesus and his supposed divinity?

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential: [list]

[li]the empty tomb still exists,[/li]
An empty tomb exists, so what?
Numerous empty tombs exist and i'm pretty sure i buried my imaginary goat in one of them.

[li]His birth record is documented all the way back to Adam and Eve,[/li]
[/list]
Documented by who? Any evidence to suggest an adam and eve existed?
All these are claims by an ordinary carpenter that his ancestors are kings. . .it would have been better if he stuck to chiseling wood instead of declaring himself god.
[li]the four Gospels record His death;[/li]
[/list]

Four gospels that couldn't even tell a harmonious story of his death and ressurection. . .i laugh!

[li]the location, even the names of the political leaders who sentenced Him are historically recorded;[/li]
[/list]

This just shows a delusional carpenter might have been killed. . . .how that proves he resurrected is beyond me. . .

[li]there were more than five hundred eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection, recorded by the New Testament writers;[/li]
[/list]

500 witnesses according to who?
Where are the independent 500 testimonies or personal records of the witnesses?
We can't just believe there are witnesses coz some deluded slowpoke said so.
[list]
[li]the very existence of the Christian faith, based on His death and resurrection;[/li]
[/list]

I begining to believe this Garry T. Andsell is an slowpoke
[list]
[li]the cultural and political evidence at the time, including the Roman calender separating all of time into Before Christ (B.C.) and in the year of our Lord (A.D.)."[/li]
What does this nonsense prove?
It just shows the lies of the carpenter and the 12 liars who followed him were believed. . .how sad!
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by noetic2: 7:15am On Jul 29, 2009
Tudór:

First let me say these your ridiculous attempts to empirically proove the bible and jesus is becoming embarassing. It would be better if you'd just tow the bible-kisser line of "you need spiritual eyes to see". Stop disgracing yourself and fellow christians! There's a wide range of written evidence both by followers, independent reporters and non-Americans.
Where is written evidence for jesus apart from writings of his lying disciples
True. But any eye witness testimony of jesus?
[list]
Any physical evidence to proove jesus and his supposed divinity?
An empty tomb exists, so what?
Numerous empty tombs exist and i'm pretty sure i buried my imaginary goat in one of them. Documented by who? Any evidence to suggest an adam and eve existed?
All these are claims by an ordinary carpenter that his ancestors are kings. . .it would have been better if he stuck to chiseling wood instead of declaring himself god.
Four gospels that couldn't even tell a harmonious story of his death and ressurection. . .i laugh!
This just shows a delusional carpenter might have been killed. . . .how that proves he resurrected is beyond me. . .

500 witnesses according to who?
Where are the independent 500 testimonies or personal records of the witnesses?
We can't just believe there are witnesses coz some deluded slowpoke said so.
I begining to believe this Garry T. Andsell is an imbecileWhat does this nonsense prove?
It just shows the lies of the carpenter and the 12 liars who followed him were believed. . .how sad!

u didnt say anything. . .or did u? undecided
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Tudor6(f): 8:13am On Jul 29, 2009
noetic2:

u didnt say anything. . .or did u?  undecided
I spoke more truth than the four gospels put together. . undecided
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by noetic2: 8:37am On Jul 29, 2009
Tudór:

I spoke more [b]truth [/b]than the four gospels put together. . undecided

what is the truth? undecided
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Tudor6(f): 9:09am On Jul 29, 2009
noetic2:

what is the truth?  undecided
I see the hordes of lies in the bible have obscured you ability to identify truth. . . .you're in luck! U can Use my first post as a yard stick to recognise truth. . . undecided
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Horus(m): 11:09am On Jul 29, 2009
the four Gospels record His death

Gospel: comes from the words "ghost spell"
African better wake up out this gospel (ghost spell) worshipping spook gods.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nezan(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2009
Horus:

so much for ignorance grin
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Horus(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2009
Nezan:

so much for ignorance grin

Yeah!! stay in your Spell of ignorance and stay in your Ghost religion.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by JIL(m): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2009
Horus:

Yeah!! stay in your Spell of ignorance and stay in your Ghost religion.

@Horus

You blind fool, who told you its a spell of ignorance? You atheists are the scum of the earth. You always talk about things you no absolutely nothing about. I will rather discuss religious matters with a dog as they are more likely to understand religious issues. You are so puffed up with arrogance that you don't know that you are displaying ignorance.

I know my God and who I serve. You know no god and believe so much in your worthless education. You are spiritually blind that you have no locus standi to tell me about my faith. I leave you with your ignorance. Fool.

1 Like

Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by bindex(m): 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2009
JIL:

@Horus

You blind fool, who told you its a spell of ignorance? You atheists are the scum of the earth. You always talk about things you no absolutely nothing about. I will rather discuss religious matters with a dog as they are more likely to understand religious issues. You are so puffed up with arrogance that you don't know that you are displaying ignorance.

I know my God and who I serve. You know no god and believe so much in your worthless education. You are spiritually blind that you have no locus standi to tell me about my faith. I leave you with your ignorance. Fool.

What do you know about religion? when tudor asked you if you have ever healed a blind person as jesus "promised" those that believe him him the ability to perform that kind of magic you tried to change the topic and ended up running away. Deluded fools.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2009
[center][flash=600,500]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash][/center]

"the ongoing encounter with the resurrected Christ that happens all over the world, in every culture, to people from all kinds of background and personalities.  They all will testify that more than any single thing in their lives, Jesus Christ has changed them."
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by JIL(m): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2009
bindex:

What do you know about religion? when tudor asked you if you have ever healed a blind person as Jesus "promised" those that believe him him the ability to perform that kind of magic you tried to change the topic and ended up running away. Deluded fools.

@Bindex

Do you think I am as stupid as you are? Tudor asked me that question on a thread with the topic 'Who is the Man Tudor'. The intention was to make himself and the thread relevant. I saw the stupidity of his smartness and allowed it to pass. Keep believing your nonsense and remain the fool that you deserve to be. I know what I believe in and I don't need a blind fool like you to tell me otherwise.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by bindex(m): 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2009
JIL:

@Bindex

Do you think I am as stupid as you are? Tudor asked me that question on a thread with the topic 'Who is the Man Tudor'. The intention was to make himself and the thread relevant. I saw the stupidity of his smartness and allowed it to pass. Keep believing your nonsense and remain the fool that you deserve to be. I know what I believe in and I don't need a blind fool like you to tell me otherwise.

Shut up and be quite. Did you just say that you know what you believe in? grin grin grin. The fact that you are here making a case for your god is enough to show that he exist only in your imaginations.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Horus(m): 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2009
JIL:

@Horus

Who tald you that I am an atheist?. Is it because I dont follow the religion of your caucasian master?. Where is your evidence of the resurrection of your Jesus?, and where is your evidence that he ever existed?. Instead of presenting to us some evidences you just insult other people on the forum by calling them fool, and you want us to take you seriously?, where are your evidence?. Christians like you are the most complex people of any who discuss the Bible. They pose the most difficult challenges in religious communications because they make a wide variety of mistakes when they interact with those of differing beliefs. This is primarily a result of their unique religious philosophy. Christians like you presume that everyone they associate with has a moral obligation to have the same religious feelings that they do. They firmly believe that others who hold differing opinions are either uninformed or confused and are unable to correctly interpret biblical writings without guidance and insight. Christians like you never consider that other people's beliefs might be as valid as their own. This is the most insulting characteristic a Christian portrays on Nairaland. He begins interactions with skeptics and analysts with the preconceived attitude that he has all the answers and the other person is ignorant.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Thor(m): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2009
Yes, I saw him in McDonald's yesterday eating a Big Mac with onion rings and a diet coke shocked shocked

I could not believe my eyes shocked shocked shocked

Who would of believed that the son of God would eat that shit grin
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by noetic2: 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2009
Tudór:

I see the hordes of lies in the bible have obscured you ability to identify truth. . . .you're in luck! U can Use my first post as a yard stick to recognise truth. . . undecided

when did ur brain loose its ability to make sense of the words of ur mouth?

so in other words, u have no idea what the truth is, but would prefer to live in illusion and mass deception that u know the truth undecided
have u considered seeing a psychiatrist?
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Tudor6(f): 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2009
JIL:

@Bindex

As usual you show your shameful jesus-inspired talent to twist reality in order to mask your ignorance and as a pathetic excuse for your inability to sanely defend your lunatic beliefs. If i want to make myself important i'd run for office rather than questioning a drunk, brainwashed and deluded christian.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Tudor6(f): 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2009
noetic2:

so in other words, u have no idea what the truth is, but would prefer to live in illusion and mass deception that u know the truth  undecided
You haven't said anything. . . . .or did you? undecided
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Tudor6(f): 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2009
noetic2:

so in other words, u have no idea what the truth is, but would prefer to live in illusion and mass deception that u know the truth  undecided
You haven't said anything. . . . .or did you? undecided
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Thor(m): 7:34pm On Jul 29, 2009
Religion only ever brings hate and destruction sad sad sad
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Recognise: 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2009
Horus:

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

No! That is utterly wrong, perverted & misleading

FYI Gospel comes from Old English, Gōd spell (i.e. "Good news" or "Good spell"wink

Generally is one of the first four books of the New Testament

that describes the birth, life, ministry, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus . . .  wink
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29am On Jul 31, 2009
Listen to Turek talk about the evidence that demands the claims of Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rssTt9aavuM&NR=1
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by bombay: 2:41am On Jul 31, 2009
Stop decieving yourselves religion is a tool for mind control what if you where told that all that you have been told about religion is a lie.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06am On Jul 31, 2009
bombay:

Stop decieving yourselves religion is a tool for mind control what if you where told that all that you have been told about religion is a lie.

You can carry out your own independent research, I know you are used to being spoon fed.
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07am On Jul 31, 2009
Evidence of the resurrection of Christ -- A challenge for skeptics

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/num9.htm
Re: The Evidence Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Recognise: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2009
On behalf of OLAADEGBU (m)

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rssTt9aavuM&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funny Beliefs We Had As Children / Sermon By Benson Idahosa Part1 / Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.