Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum (264949 Views)

Job opportunities 4 Medical Laboratory Scientists in nigeria / Medical Laboratory Scientists(internship) / Where Do Science Laboratory Technology Graduates Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by oge4real(f): 7:50pm On May 14, 2009
@ Charlisco, this place is for MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS. sorry maybe you may wish to open a new thread for SCIENCE LAB TECHICIANS/TECHNOLOGISTS, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by dayleke: 4:43am On May 15, 2009
@oge4real,i felt the same way too yesterday and i hope this has come to stay(i mean finding this forum).
did anybody graduate from the SMLS program in ife?pls holla.

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 9:32am On May 15, 2009
Oge4real,
I personally welcome you to the forum. Enjoy your stay.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 5:50pm On May 15, 2009
Hi Collegues,
the working week has drawn a curtain again this friday(apology to those on call duty).

The quest for job mobility might appeal to any of you there. If so, consider the job vacancies announced by the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri,
The Details are at http://medicalandlaboratoryjobsng..com

Have a nice weekend.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Victor2009(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2009
Hi to all my colleagues in this forum. I'm glad that i belong to a unique group of professionals that are problem-Solvers. It's a happy thing that this noble profession is evolving in an unstoppable revolutionary manner. Regards to all my fellow Scientists in the house. You are doing a wonderful job, keep holding forth. We shall surely get there.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by dayleke: 3:49am On May 18, 2009
@bernard08,how come i don't get a welcome too? tongue
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 9:21am On May 18, 2009
Hi dayleke,
You are honorably welcome to the forum.
We've started feeling your contributions already.

Cheers
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 9:23am On May 18, 2009
Victor2009,
Welcome, the forum is glad to have you here.

Cheers
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by segunatuu(m): 5:02pm On May 18, 2009
Hello all,am so proud to be a med. Lab. Scientist.Though we are not celebrated like others but we,re so unique and the best among equal.Let forge ahead,we shall surely get to the promise land so long that we continue to make ourself relevant in the scheme of things where ever we found ourself.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by segunatuu(m): 5:07pm On May 18, 2009
Oh! I graduated from SMLS, ife (1989/90).Let me hear more from you all. Aturaka Olusegun is th name.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by hajikebs(m): 1:34am On May 19, 2009
Could Anyone help with on how 2 treat bilharzia
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by dayleke: 5:20am On May 19, 2009
@segunatuu,
can't imagine meeting you on this forum.the reason why i asked for any ife graduate was to see if anybody comes on here and i was starting to lose hope when all of a sudden u showed up.
anyway do you remember tunde(aka 'PROFESSOR') OF 91 set?long time no see.
let's talk.
cheers.

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by dayleke: 5:26am On May 19, 2009
@benard08,
thank u so much.
see what ur idea/foresight has brought me?
a chance meeting with a senior colleague that has not been heard of since graduation in the early 90s.
thanx again.

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 10:36am On May 19, 2009
Segunatu and hajikebs are the new entrants to the forum. I personally welcome you.
It is a pleasure getting more colleagues connected here.

Yes. dayleke, thanks for the complement. This forum will have great impact on the profession as more and more people join and discover the golden wealth hidden here.

Everybody in the house, don't ignore the querry sent by hajikebs. Any parasitologist in the house?

I just left a gift for you all to spike up your day.
Find out details at http://benardsolomon.com

Cheers
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by chynenye(f): 1:12pm On May 19, 2009
Hello to all the medical laboratory scientists in the house. You are all great!
@ Hajikebs. The current golden drug of choice for both urinary and intestinal schistosomiasis is Praziquantel.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 3:18pm On May 19, 2009
Chynenye, that's a nice one from you for hajikebs.
Anyone over there for more solutions to hajikebs querry?

The Oracle Has Spoken Again! A Womam With Twins Belonging To Different Fathers.

MLS in the house, your comment needed. How possible?
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Victor2009(m): 5:58pm On May 19, 2009
grin Hi Segunatuu, quite an age! Glad to know that you're a member of this forum. This is Victor (EASY Man), Ife 89/90. Hope all our other mates are doing well? Jointly, we shall move this unique profession to an enviable level. I'm personally proud to belong to this forum. Looking forward to seeing your posts. Cheers
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by dayleke: 5:07am On May 20, 2009
@segunatuu,
still waiting for ur reply.

@Victor2009,
EASYman!!!!
Long time no see.didn't u see my previous posting to segun?
u know u got an ife graduate in da house.
spoke to FM sometimes ago and just of recent,"oyemachara",
o ga fun eyin boys o.
Ayo esu dey Dublin too.
pls holla.

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by dayleke: 5:09am On May 20, 2009
@chynenye,
U GO GIRL!!!
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by uyimen: 5:03pm On May 20, 2009
Benard, Thank for this wonderful post, pls. I have some pressing questions,

1. HOW CAN A GRADUATE FROM ANOTHER DISCIPLE SUCH AS MICROBIOLOGY BECOME A MEMBER OF (AIMLS)Associate of medical laboratory science of Nigeria

2. IN WHICH TEACHING HOSPITAL IN NIGERIA IS THE Associate of medical laboratory science of Nigeria Internship programme conducted?

pls i need urgent replys pls

BERNARD CAN I GET UR PHONE NUMBER PLS
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 9:26am On May 21, 2009
Uyiwem,
Your best bet is to visit the Medical Laboratory Council Of Nigeria at No 8 Harvey Road, Yaba, Lagos. It is right behind the psychiatric hospital. You'll get enough authentic guide and answers to your querry.

Cheers.
You can reach me through 08058534772(text only pls)
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Victor2009(m): 10:05am On May 21, 2009
Dayleke, how u dey my guy? Longest time!!! How are things with you? Really, i saw your posts along with Aturaka's but i experienced an "EXCITEMENT-INDUCED OVER SIGHT" when i was sending my post. More so, i wanted to be sure that the identity is that of my guy. Pardon the lapse anyway. Where you dey now, within or outside Naija? Your Easy Man dey for Lagos o. I'm always in touch with Ayo. He visited Naija briefly last month. I've lost contact with FM, Oyeee and others. Anyway, "i know say one day, the person wey miss and the person wey dey look for am go jam''. Seriously speaking, it's a great pleasure for reunion to have happened in this forum. Kudos to Benard08 for his foresight. Have a great day. God bless
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by segunatuu(m): 10:06am On May 21, 2009
Gud morn All,Hapi to be with you again,I,ve been away for a few days.Sorry to have kept you waiting.Easy,where are you hiding all this while,am so hapi to hear from you guys again.Am still in Lagos but I,ve change my job.You can contact me on this mobile line-08025956625 and email-otunbaturaka1964@gmail.com.My office is at Tisco Plaza,Alausa ikeja.
My greetings to all and Great Ifes expecially.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by uyimen: 10:27am On May 21, 2009
Thanks Benard08,
But am not residing in lagos.
I understand that graduates of Medical laboratory science undergo a one year intenship programme in some teaching hospitals, do any one know of any such hospitals?pls.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by segunatuu(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2009
Hi Uyimen,if i can get you clear,you,re Microbiology graduate that want to become Med.Lab.Scientist.I feel the programme you,re talking about is about being concel if not stopped by now.I feel the council is saying that anyone that want to be part of us should go back to the university and enrol either thru prelim or direct entry like Medicine or Pharmacy ,even at the teaching hospital you are refering to it about 3 years intensive programme.Med.Lab.Science had gone a long way to be treated like a 'just' Profession.
Uyimen,if you have the love for the profession the number of year should not be a problem but a challenge.I wish you all the best.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2009
Nice contribution there segunatu. That's why he was asked to contact the Med.Lab.Council Directly because the policy has been reviewed.

Uyiwem,
you can also contact school of medical lab. science, VOM, JOS

cheers
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by uyimen: 3:33pm On May 21, 2009
Thanks guys i appricate your wonderful and informative comments. Thanks
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by chynenye(f): 5:32pm On May 21, 2009
@ dayleke thanks for the comment. Happy reunion to u guys.
@ Benard Perhaps everyone has forgotten abt the query on the possibility of a woman to give birth to a set of twins from diff fathers. Well i need the blood samples of the babies, the mother and the fathers in question. A blood grouping test for the various blood groups such as the ABO blood groups, MNSs groups, the Rhesus grp, the Duffy bld grps, the Kidd bld grp, the Lewis bld grp, etc, and tests for secretor Genes will give me a lead on the next batch of tests to carry out. I can't say a yes or a no to that without running some tests. Abi wetin u think?
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by dayleke: 5:59am On May 22, 2009
@chynenye,
thanx!it's really a reunion.you can never imagine the longest time i've seen or heard from these guys,they were ahead of me when we were in school of med.lab. and despite that they took us younger ones under their wings then.
where in naija r u practicing?

@Victor2009,
Easyman,it was nice hearing from u at long last.
last time i saw u was when i was still working @ fountain labs. for agege b4 my service(long time ago),how's d family now?i dey outside naija and so also a whole bunch of ex-students of smls ife.hit me at paracoli44@hotmail.com or dayleke@yahoo.com.

@segunatuu,
na wa for una o.
is it not that plaza that u see when u going on the bridge to the airport?
shall definitely call u,but i shall send a text 1st.

@uyimen,
don't despair,the journey of a thousand yrs starts with the first step.
when i went into the program some yrs back,only 2 or 3 universities were offering the program at BSc level and some pple used to make fun of us back then that we were not in a proper university but some of those pple still came back for their intership program at the teaching hospitals then to get their assoc. membership of the inst.
the program has gotten a face-lift now and it has come a long way from what i hear from pple unlike back in the days.like segunatuu said,if u really love the profession,those yrs shouldn't bother u.Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by dayleke: 6:06am On May 22, 2009
@benard08,
u r the man of the hour.
we on this forum owe u a lot.
why r u only taking txts on ur cell/mobile?
will like to communicate.
if i remember correctly while reading from one of ur sites,u mentioned going to school at UCH,is that right?
do u have ties to kwara state too?unilorin teach. hosp. to be specific?

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by dayleke: 6:10am On May 22, 2009
Hi,
If you are reading this post and you are a medical laboratory scientist/technologist,why don't you join us by giving a shout out or leaving a comment and/or if you know somebody who is one,why don't you tell them about this forum?
There is a greatness in numbers.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 10:00am On May 22, 2009
dayleke, thanks for your text message. It is highly inspiring and I am humbled by the adulation. Never mind, I'll soon make myself available to hear your voice. Meanwhile, you can add me to your address book for instant messaging. My email is megastock14@yahoo.com

Yes. I graduated from U.C.H. in 1996 and presently a SNR. MLS at the pathology department, Unilorin Teaching Hospital.
I was the immediate past chairman of AMLSN in Kwara State and Chairman L.O.C. of the National Conference in 2007.

@chynenye, thanks for minding the post on the unusual twins. Are those tests really enough for paternity testing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / Human Resource Professionals:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.