Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum - Career (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum (264977 Views)

Job opportunities 4 Medical Laboratory Scientists in nigeria / Medical Laboratory Scientists(internship) / Where Do Science Laboratory Technology Graduates Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 2:29am On Jun 25, 2016
MissCee:
Hi guys! I'm graduating in July as a biomedical scientist from a UK university! I was looking into NYSC and found out I might have to register with MLSCN, is there no other way around it? As an extra year + NYSC year after doing a placement year in the Uk is a bit much.
I need some help on this please, with my placement do I still need an internship in Nigeria?

Thanks in advance

I really don't know much about the placement stuff but one thing is for sure you will have to take the councils (MLSCN) exam as a foreign trainee to enable them issue you a license to practice in Nigeria funny enough u will need that very licence for NYSC so it's not "might register" it's a "must register". As for the placement is it an internship program sort of? Well when you graduate, you will visit the council for more clarification there I believe u will get answers to what you seek.

But if you have family in Lagos or Abuja ( precisely) u can ask them to help you enquire pending when you will come down as regards the internship if your placement is equivalent to it here.
I hope this helps
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by DocGeekster: 8:03am On Jun 25, 2016
Goodmorning all,
I have just joined the site this morning. Could you please direct me to the specific section where I can place adverts for a MLS. Sorry I am quite green and would appreciate correct redirection. Thanks
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Nani4all(m): 8:33am On Jun 25, 2016
DocGeekster:
Goodmorning all,
I have just joined the site this morning. Could you please direct me to the specific section where I can place adverts for a MLS. Sorry I am quite green and would appreciate correct redirection. Thanks
education or health section
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by DocGeekster: 8:57am On Jun 25, 2016
Nani4all:

education or health section

@Nani, thanks for your response. I have tried searching in both sections and cannot see career adverts there, only specific discussion topics. I do not want to incur the wrath of the moderators so looking to stay within the boundaries of their rules and regulations. Looking through the site, it appears that paying for and placing targeted adverts is the only way
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by davbravo(m): 10:11am On Jun 25, 2016
DocGeekster:

@Nani, thanks for your response. I have tried searching in both sections and cannot see career adverts there, only specific discussion topics. I do not want to incur the wrath of the moderators so looking to stay within the boundaries of their rules and regulations. Looking through the site, it appears that paying for and placing targeted adverts is the only way
You can post it on Health or Career section

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by DocGeekster: 11:34am On Jun 25, 2016
davbravo:
You can post it on Health or Career section

Thank you @davbravo. I eventually came across the job vacancy section but when I tried to post the job advert, it would not permit the process this message came up:

"Sorry, you can't post in this section yet. Please try again in a few weeks"

I'll just have to wait until I am more establised on the site.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 08, 2016
helloo...is there anybody in this thread..any lab scientistPls i need answer asap
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 11:07am On Jul 08, 2016
victorirowa1:
helloo...is there anybody in this thread..any lab scientistPls i need answer asap

Ask what you want to ask there are a quite number ready to answer you.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
nelszx:

Ask what you want to ask there are a quite number ready to answer you.
pls i just want to ask a private message...if u dont mind giving me ur whatsapp number pls!!
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by olasmith10(m): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2016
Get comprehensive ultrasound Atlas: obstetrics, gynecology and abdominal.( soft and hard copies available)

Standard First aid box packaged by seasoned clinicians for offices, schools, factories, cars, camping, companies and even home use

Medical equipment sales and delivery; manual and digital sphygmomanometer, patients wheelchair, stretcher, blood pressure monitor, syringes, cannula and catheters( 3 way catheters available), endoscopic devices, glucose monitors,ontology sponges, medical defibrillators, clinical swabs, stethoscopes and speculum,

Hospital/medical staffing and equipping; Get your hospital on the go with our staffing/ recruiting( Clinical and administrative staffs) packages and equipping to the best accepted standard.

School clinic setup; let us set up your school clinic to fit into the immediate medical demands of pupils.

Address; 24, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.

Call us today and be on the go..... 08168529179 and 09052249142
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by olasmith10(m): 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Comprehensive ultrasound Atlas with obstetrics, gynecology, abdominal, and small parts modules prepared by seasoned clinicians available both soft and hard copy.
Call us today: 08168529179, 09052249142
Or mail us: mikeandmegmedicals@yahoo.com or mixxy200@yahoo.com
Addressed; 24 Allen avenue, Ikeja, Lagos

Let's go medical......
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Audrie(f): 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hi medical laboratory scientists in the house,

Please does anyone know how to go about this iASCP certification exams; like the test procedures, test centers, etc in Nigeria?

I saw something about one "Clipath", has anyone taken the certification exam with them and what was their experience like?

I would really appreciate helpful responses on taking this exam in Nigeria.
Thanks.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by SIMPLIFIED(m): 6:54am On Jul 24, 2016
Audrie:
Hi medical laboratory scientists in the house,

Please does anyone know how to go about this iASCP certification exams; like the test procedures, test centers, etc in Nigeria?

I saw something about one "Clipath", has anyone taken the certification exam with them and what was their experience like?

I would really appreciate helpful responses on taking this exam in Nigeria.
Thanks.
hi for prompt reply to your question ask them on this link, it is the AMLSN e - learning Facebook page..
https://m./306487136140190?multi_permalinks=943296605792570&_rdr
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by MissCee: 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hi all,

Please can someone tell me how long approximately it takes for a foreign student (biomedical science) to get provisional license? Also, how long does the registration process take, do i just go to the office in lagos and submit documents? Are there specific requirements?
Please help me out as i am planning to come back and register before moving on to nysc
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by kriss63(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello people, my name is chris am 21 years old and i live in lagos nigeria.pls i have this problem but i doubt if it could be scoliosis because i dont experience normal pain except after carrying load or doing exercise.I noticed i can't put on certain clothes like long sleeve cause it wont fit my body and i look so awkward.i am slim but my shoulder looks round amd bulky not slim.I just went to igbobi recently to consult a doctor and he wrote adolescent scoliosis on the paper he gave me to take to the xray,i have been given appointment date to come, and the amount is 10k.The problem i have now is i dont know how to tell my mum (single parent) or any other because when i told her through whatsapp because i grew up with my grandma, she thought i was insane, and she was disappointed in me and telling me i should love myself and stuffs like that she even took me for deliverance.Apart from the shoulder i told her that i always see my nose so big on my face when am staring at things or people,even when i lie down or read, and i cant remember my past events, probably maybe because of depression, so this are all i am experiencing right now, pls i will be glad if anyone can advice me on what to do now,i love myself and i want to live happily,my mum said i shouldnt even mention it to her again.

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by mtruma(m): 7:57am On Oct 28, 2016
pls can someone help I am a fresh graduate of medical lab science from India ,so pls what are the procedure of getting licence her in Nigeria ,am i to go for sub training before the exams like PCN or what?
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by idu1(m): 10:26am On Oct 29, 2016
mtruma:
pls can someone help I am a fresh graduate of medical lab science from India ,so pls what are the procedure of getting licence her in Nigeria ,am i to go for sub training before the exams like PCN or what?
visit www.mlscn.gov.ng.

Please what is the tuition fee from the school you graduated from?
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2016
mtruma:

Visit mlscn.gov.ng when it opens, click on the HR/Accreditation tab then you will click on "Registered practitioners"» Medical laboratory scientist» Foreign graduates. There you will see the guidelines and application form.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Hadampson(m): 11:45am On Dec 08, 2016
Am an aspirant of mls. pls i want 2 knw ...
[1] The sub_discipline under mls as a course

[2] The duration of the course

Thank U
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by davbravo(m): 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hadampson:
Am an aspirant of mls. pls i want 2 knw ...
[1] The sub_discipline under mls as a course

[2] The duration of the course

Thank U
1.)The specialties under MLS: Chemical Pathology, Haematology and Blood group Serology, Medical microbiology and parasitology, Histopathology

2. 5years+ 1year Internship and 1year NYSC....... but, they'll soon start the D.MLS programme which is 6+1+1
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Hadampson(m): 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
davbravo:
1.)The specialties under MLS: Chemical Pathology, Haematology and Blood group Serology, Medical microbiology and parasitology, Histopathology

2. 5years+ 1year Internship and 1year NYSC....... but, they'll soon start the D.MLS programme which is 6+1+1

Thank U very much sir smiley

Is it a must 4 me 2 do d internship in my graduate school teaching hospital?

abt d sub-discipline/field under mls (sori 4 askin 2mussh questn embarassed ) which one is the most interesting specialty among d ones u mentioned above?
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by davbravo(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hadampson:
Thank U very much sir smiley

Is it a must 4 me 2 do d internship in my graduate school teaching hospital?

abt d sub-discipline/field under mls (sori 4 askin 2mussh questn embarassed ) which one is the most interesting specialty among d ones u mentioned above?
you can do internship in any MLSCN accredited hospital.... but it's not automatic o, you'll have to apply and it's competitive

Concerning which is the most interesting, I can't really say... cos I'm also just starting too( just resumed 300level) ......all are cool, it just depends on the individual... what I like may not be what you like...... wait till you start, you can then decide in your final year....... we also have Molecular biology( buthasn't been added to the curriculum yet) .........and u don't need to apologize, there's nothing wrong in asking questions
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Hadampson(m): 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
davbravo:
you can do internship in any MLSCN accredited hospital.... but it's not automatic o, you'll have to apply and it's competitive

Concerning which is the most interesting, I can't really say... cos I'm also just starting too( just resumed 300level) ......all are cool, it just depends on the individual... what I like may not be what you like...... wait till you start, you can then decide in your final year....... we also have Molecular biology( buthasn't been added to the curriculum yet) .........and u don't need to apologize, there's nothing wrong in asking questions
Thank u very much sir.

which university are u studyin d course??
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by davbravo(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hadampson:
Thank u very much sir.
which university are u studyin d course??
UWC......UNILAG

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nekkyontop(f): 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
Present
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by benard08(m): 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
Kudos to you @dabravo for Making yourself available to attend to queries from members. Keep it up.
Compliments of the season to everyone.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by davbravo(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
benard08:
Kudos to you @dabravo for Making yourself available to attend to queries from members. Keep it up.
Compliments of season to everyone.Eld
thanks smiley
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by AljazeeraBCH: 12:27am On Dec 30, 2016
Pls I study biochemistry nd I want convert to MLS pls is't possible?
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Nobody: 2:38am On Dec 30, 2016
AljazeeraBCH:
Pls I study biochemistry nd I want convert to MLS pls is't possible?

you'll have to go through direct entry my dear!
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by stormkiid: 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
hello everyone just entered 200level med lab please I need someone to tell me how the journey is and how to be successful in this field and also the internship hope one is being paid there..

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / Human Resource Professionals:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.