Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post (40812 Views)

Buhari Orders Amaechi, Fashola, Abba Kyari To Resign - Daily Post / How Aisha Buhari Welcomed Husband From UK Medical Leave (Video) / Questions Begging For Answers Over Buhari’s Relocation Of Villa Chapel, Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by captainprogress(m): 7:39am On Sep 21, 2015
As controversy over the closure of the children’s wing of the Villa Chapel located inside Nigeria’s presidential quarters rages on, DAILY POST has uncovered fresh facts on the matter.

On Sunday, our correspondent was given an insight into the power play that has been going on inside the villa for weeks by Borno-based Pastor, Kallamu Musa Dikwa.

Dikwa, it could be re-called made the allegation that President Goodluck Jonathan gave the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) the sum of N7billion to support his re-election bid.

The Pastor, who is also Executive Director, Voice of Northern Christian Movement, made the disclosure following an earlier allegation by Rivers State ex-Governor Rotimi Amaechi that CAN received N6billion.

In a chat with DAILY POST on the Villa Chapel saga, he expressed dismay that President Muhammadu Buhari was yet to act on the fate of the children’s church despite the nationwide outcry.

Earlier in the month, presidential adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina denied the closure of the church by tweeting photos from service held on Sunday, September 6, 2015.

A tweet via his handle, @FemAdesina said: “President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) orders Aso Villa Chapel shut? There is no such thing. It’s only a rumour spawned by fecund imagination gone into overdrive. PMB respects freedom of worship.”

However, speaking, Musa Dikwa challenged the presidency to also release most recent photos of the children’s church.

“Let them not deceive Nigerians. I can confirm to you that that section of the church has been converted to a storage room by Mrs. Aisha Buhari, wife of President Muhammadu Buhari.

“I don’t want to think that the President authorized her action, Nevertheless, he should have done something by now because it is a serious matter.”

Asked to state what items were being kept at the building, he responded: “I really don’t know, but I was reliably informed that she brought some items to the villa and could not get a place to keep them.

“To our dismay, she directed some staff to move the items inside the children’s church and then ordered it locked. The security operatives that initially blocked its entrance did so with her knowledge and I dare her to publicly deny.

“What my source told me is that Mrs Buhari said the children’s church is a safer place to keep the items. This is not right. Why would she insist on that particular building in a place as big as the villa? Is she saying there is no other safe place apart from a place of worship?”

The media had reported that due to the shut, the kids now use the office of the Chaplain, Pastor Joseph Sheyi Malomo, for their normal service.

But Musa Dikwa, called on Buhari to take action immediately to forestall disunity among Christian and Muslim communities in Nigeria.

“He promised to unite Nigeria; he promised not to marginalize any religion but what is going on inside Aso Rock is different.

“People like me that were security risks for throwing our weight behind President Buhari are now at risk again because of this action of his wife.

“I have lost count of the number of calls I have received since the news concerning the children’s church broke out. While some are threatening me, some are mocking me that I and others endorsed Buhari who seemed to have turned blind eye to this act.

“They are saying ‘see the man you said will bring change, are you seeing what is happening now. We hope you are satisfied. After all, we warned you but you didn’t heed our advise.'”

Continuing, the cleric recalled how he told the world that President Jonathan gave CAN N7billion.

“It is because we were tired of the corruption going on; we believed in the change mantra. So you can guess what I am going through in the hands of those who alleged that Buhari had a hidden Islamic agenda”, he added.

Musa Dikwa said he, however, believes Buhari will call his wife to order to avoid further damage.

He urged the president to remember the vow he made to Christian leaders he met before the presidential election in March.

The cleric further cautioned Buhari against punishing Christians for the refusal of CAN to grant him audience after he made the request in the build-up to the general polls.

“CAN is a body of Christian leaders, but it doesn’t even form 0.1 percent of the entire Christian community in the country.

“Besides, I have the document containing his own statement. He gave clear assurances and we will hold him by his words because no religion is greater than the other,” Musa Dikwa declared.

Mr. Adesina did not take the call by our correspondent, even as he was yet to respond to a text message to confirm the true state of the children’s church as at the time of filing this report.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/21/how-aisha-buhari-ordered-closure-of-villa-chapel-childrens-church/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by Olamitisoji(m): 7:41am On Sep 21, 2015
But why? Next will be the Aso Rock Chapel.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by menix(m): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2015
This sounds more truthful..

Well I can't blame the woman, their religion does not recognize others with diff view of life..

A religion of 'piss' it's called..

As someone said.
A good muslim is a land mine waiting to explode..

186 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by dayo23(f): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2015
Could be a Cooked up story.....waiting for Aisha Buhari to respond before making further statement

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by kaythinks(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2015
lalastical do the needful.
Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by ochejoseph(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2015
This is getting very Interesting ......

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:02am On Sep 21, 2015
“To our dismay, she directed some staff to move the items inside the children’s church and then ordered it locked. The security operatives that initially blocked its entrance did so with her knowledge and [size=18pt]I dare[/size] her to publicly deny.

I believe Aisha Buhari is alive to respond appropriately. Her failure to do so only confirms the allegation against her and she officially becomes the number one persecutor of Nigeria Christian community. Our leaders irrespective of religion MUST be careful with their conduct

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 21, 2015
Ok
Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by dridowu: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2015
Since the presidency is yet to provide the recent photo of the children church, Musa Dikwa should kindly inform his source to provide the recent photo so that he can show it to all Nigerians.
Mrs Aisha Or her aides should tell us what is really happening if true or false.

14 Likes

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by DankemzI(m): 8:15am On Sep 21, 2015
And the
Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 21, 2015
How can any thinking person not know that Buhari's first allegiance is to Islam. Second to Fulani-hausas and lastly to Nigeria.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by mayorkyzo: 8:18am On Sep 21, 2015
Hmm it only takes time but some Muslims can't hide their disregard for other religions..imagine if a children islamic class has being rumored to be shutdown...some people would have being killed in riots in d. North...Pls PMB and his wife should come out and publicly say what's going on...

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by PRYCE(m): 8:18am On Sep 21, 2015
She's the wife of a terrorist! Advocate of the religion of piss!

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by stinggy(m): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2015
menix:
This sounds more truthful..

Well I can't blame the woman, their religion does not recognize others with diff view of life..

A religion of 'piss' it's called..

As someone said.
A good muslim is a land mine waiting to explode..
Followers of your religion were seen destroying shrines in a show of non-tolerance in the Eastern part of Nigeria few months ago, what's your take?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by menix(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2015
stinggy:

Followers of your religion were seen destroying shrines in a show of non-tolerance in the Eastern part of Nigeria few months ago, what's your take?

Note, u can't destroy a shrine if it followers have not authorised that else there would b scuffle.
Sure u never saw where it was mentioned they fought or had misunderstanding.

Buh if it's otherwise, kindly post it here to discredit me.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by peleson: 8:35am On Sep 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I believe Aisha Buhari is alive to respond appropriately. Her failure to do so only confirms the allegation against her and she officially becomes the number one persecutor of Nigeria Christian community. Our leaders irrespective of religion MUST be careful with their conduct
Imiebam tonye! But the said pastor didn't see all these things before going out of his way to rubbish gej administration

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2015
peleson:

Imiebam tonye! But the said pastor didn't see all these things before going out of his way to rubbish gej administration
I've not taken side yet. The response of Aisha or any of her team will help one form opinion.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by millhouse: 8:48am On Sep 21, 2015
Kai
Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by stinggy(m): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2015
menix:

Note, u can't destroy a shrine if it followers have not authorised that else there would b scuffle.
Sure u never saw where it was mentioned they fought or had misunderstanding.

Buh if it's otherwise, kindly post it here to discredit me.
There are some with authorization but so many others had been carried out without authorization.
Below is one of the many:

SAMUEL Nwankwo drove past a mob in the southeastern Nigerian town of Umuoji unaware that it was heading to attack his home.

As the chief priest of a traditional religion in the area, he’d become a target of a crowd of Christian youths who left a revival meeting where several preachers condemned the veneration of ancestral gods. They were bent on eradicating all symbols of such worship in the town of about 30,000 people.

“They ransacked the Udume Abor shrine where we worshiped, then went to my house where they took religious objects and burned them,” Nwankwo, a 45-year-old former Christian pastor, said in an interview. “The entire house would have burned if neighbors didn’t put out the fire.”

While Islamist militants loyal to Boko Haram in northern Nigeria and Islamic State in Syria destroy cultural sites they consider idolatrous, some Christian activists in the south of Africa’s most populous nation are also targeting ancestral religious worship. So far no one has been injured in the raids.

More than 500 traditional-worship sites, mainly in the south, have been burned down in the past decade, along with artifacts that are often hundreds of years old and of historical significance, according to Emeka Uzoatu, a researcher affiliated to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, in the south east.

Read more here; http://m.mgafrica.com/article/2015-05-23-nigerias-christians-borrow-boko-haram-tactics-destroy-traditional-african-religious-shrines-and-art?utm_content=buffer6f315&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#.Vf-31zhMXHw

I can remember how bigots here on NL were rejoicing at the news that very day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by dayo23(f): 9:03am On Sep 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

you talk well here.....but am very sure within the next few minutes u go mis yarn

6 Likes

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by UmuEri(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2015
I am happy all these things are happening! We warned them.

5 Likes

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by Pangea: 9:17am On Sep 21, 2015
angry PMB!
Call your wife to order!
Women and power sha?
I've always wondered why they love abusing it!

3 Likes

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by porka: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2015
[size=13pt]Pastor Dikwa, you are here flexing muscles on Children's Church in Aso Villa while Christians are being massacred all over the north in a systematic elimination strategy to wipe out Christianity in the Fulani fiefdoms.

Farmers are beheaded daily, they are using knives to slit pregnant women's bellies, children are chopped into pieces, churches burnt in broad daylight without any protection by the 'owners' of the country whom you passionately supported

When are you going to make use of your closeness to these people and appeal to them to stop the massacre?[/size]

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by menix(m): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2015
stinggy:

There are some with authorization but so many others had been carried out without authorization.
Below is one of the many:

Read more here; http://m.mgafrica.com/article/2015-05-23-nigerias-christians-borrow-boko-haram-tactics-destroy-traditional-african-religious-shrines-and-art?utm_content=buffer6f315&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#.Vf-31zhMXHw

I can remember how bigots here on NL were rejoicing at the news that very day.

Journalism is all about hearing frm both side and balancing ur story.

The above story ain't balanced, cous I know of issues wen human rituals in some shrines have led to destruction of such shrines by the community..

As a christian I can tell u, any congregation that leaves its church premises to perpetrate destruction or killing is not a church but a Cult house disguising as church..

But when my grand father's tummy was torn open in kaduna, it was immediately they left the premises of the mosque they started killing..
Except u will prove to me some mosques are as well not mosque but cult home.

22 Likes

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2015
1st Lady don Start!!!! This one fit beat paitence popularity

2 Likes

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by Built2last: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2015
Is it not same Villa Yaradua lived in for 3 years.

this family has Bigotry in them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by Opinedecandid(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2015
May Jesus forgive her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by AINATOLULOPE: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2015
angry
Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by scribble: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2015
Evil witch

3 Likes

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by ndaman25: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2015
Wetin she 1 go do their Dan to close it...nice one

1 Like

Re: How Aisha Buhari Ordered Closure Of Villa Chapel Children’s Church - Daily Post by rozayx5(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2015
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure / Wike In 'Age Certificate Forgery’ Scandal Ahead Of 2019 - Sahara Reporters (Pics / Uche Nwosu Won Imo Governorship Election - Okorocha Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.