Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. (4798 Views)

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach / The Misinterpretation Of Matthew 11:12 In The Bible (Violent Prayers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2015
My Facebook friend who have succeeded in getting many youngsters even those who went to Bible school turn their back on Christianity. His wife and kids are atheists too. This is what he thinks of the Bible verse....

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Tallesty1(m): 9:39am On Sep 21, 2015
He needs a double dose of New Testament.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2015
One of the ladies he succeeded in converting has this to say about the Bible....

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 21, 2015
Cold! Bia ebea...
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Scholar8200(m): 9:58am On Sep 21, 2015
peppyluv02:
One of the ladies he succeeded in converting has this to say about the Bible....
But that spoke about a denomination, not the Bible?!
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2015
She called it a 'box'! And yes, the church too.
Scholar8200:
But that spoke about a denomination, not the Bible?!

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by pipeewa(m): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2015
@op what do you believe?

When you do something repeatedly and you have the same result, it becomes your way of life.
when you try a road and it leads no where and someone comes around to show you the way then you will be loyal to that individual. If you are not careful you may worship that person. that sometimes is the relationship between pastors and their followers.
If I claim I received an inspiration from a supreme being, and I followed it to the letters thereby making my life simple better and straight why would someone condemn what is working for me. if i tell another fellow and he tries same and it works for him or her, why dispute i am out there to scam the fello.
apart from tithes and the issue of money what else does Jesus preach about the laws of God.
1. thou shall love the Lord with all thy heart, mind, strength
2. thou shall love your neighbour as yourself.
3. Do on to others as you would they do to you.
i add number 3. as the golden law preached by Jesus.

Tell me which of these laws if kept by everybody will not change the world. Just try and be reasonable
one of the faith or belief system that has changed more evil people in the world today undoubtedly is being born again.
do you know why the punishment in the old testament was severe? it was because the israelites had a hardened heart and grace was not available. despite all those laws they still committed those evils. But at the time of grace all sins have been paid for as long as we recieve the free gift that our sins are actually been paid for. today it is the laws of the land that punish offenders. most of the time we call offenders to be punished too without mercy. Well i realised that most jailed fellows dont necessarily change but become more hardened after their jail time. so which shd be more encouraged? to punish offenders or to tell offenders they have a chance to try again and do good with their lives. If i preach to an armed robber who has the potential of robbing my house one day, kill me or my beloved ones,and the guy converts to a good man. is that not wise? and the scripture says he that wins a soul is wise? Christ preaches forgiveness of sins, sharing our substance, house and food with others. clothing the naked, taking care of the neeedy, the orphan and the widows, seeking judgement for those who are oppressed and letting people know there is hope for them if they hang on to their creator and do his will. what else do you think will create much joy in the world than this? How many people have by mere words converted from their evil ways? kindly provide a statistics. and also look at how many people christianity is converting every day to do good. Some people could use gospel as business, it is not the first time and even the scriptures warned belivers of false prophets. its now for us to discern by God's leading who we can attach ourselves to as our real prophets. I have testimonies of those converted from their evil ways and are doing fine now. a guy was about committing sucide after a frusted life, a guy preached to him and he listened, followed the guy to church and he was prayed for. Soon his life changed and he became one of the happiest people on earth. What do you say, should we desist from doing this good. please dont castigate a system until you have known what it was originally developed for. we have bad users and abusers.

5 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2015
Well,he seems to have given a clear picture...and captioned it on Facebook as ' Christians,behold your merciful God'.
I have had this picture saved for over a week now and what I kept asking is why will God punish an innocent woman trying to save her husband and yes,grabbing his genital is the easiest way for her to make him weak...
Anyway...I won't stop believing that there is God. These days,I really don't see not going to church as a sin even thou I must but I try to do what is right and making people around me happy because the way most of these people who claim to be born again behave sometimes,makes one wonder what they learn from their 24hours church service.

pipeewa:
@op what do you believe?

When you do something repeatedly and you have the same result, it becomes your way of life.
when you try a road and it leads no where and someone comes around to show you the way then you will be loyal to that individual. If you are not careful you may worship that person. that sometimes is the relationship between pastors and their followers.
If I claim I received an inspiration from the a supreme being, and I followed it to the letters thereby making my life simple better and straight why would someone condemn what is working for me. if i tell another fellow and he tries same and it works for him or her, why dispute i am out there to scam the fello.
apart from tithes and the issue of money what else does Jesus preach about the laws of God.
1. thou shall love the Lord with all thy heart, mind, strength
2. thou shall love your neighbour as yourself.
3. Do on to others as you would they do to you.
i add number 3. as the golden law preached by Jesus.

Tell me which of these laws if kept by everybody will not change the world. Just try and be reasonable
one of the faith or believe system that has changed more evil people in the world today undoubtedly is being born again.
do you know why the punishment in the old testament was severe? it was because the israelites had a hardened heart and grace was not available. despite all those laws they still committed those evils. But at the time of grace all sins have been paid for as long as we recieve the free gift that our sins are actually been paid for. today it is the laws of the land that punish offenders. most of the time we call offenders to be punished too without mercy. Well i realised that most jailed fellows dont necessarily change but become more hardened after their jail time. so which shd be more encouraged? to punish offenders or to tell offenders they have a chance to try again and do good with their lives. If i preach to an armed rubber who has the potential of robbing my house one day, kill me or my beloved ones,and the guy converts to a good man. is that not wise? and the scripture says he that wins a soul is wise? Christ preaches forgiveness of sins, sharing our substance, house and food with others. clothing the naked, taking care of the neeedy, the orphan and the widows, seeking judgement for those who are oppressed and letting people know there is hope for them if they hang on to their creator and do his will. what else do you think will create much joy in the world than this? How many people have by mere words converted from their evil ways? kindly provide a statistics. and also look at how many people christianity is converting every day to do good. Some people could use gospel as business, it is not the first time and even the scriptures warned belivers of false prophets. its now for us to discern by God's leading who we can attach ourselves to as our real prophets. I have testimonies of those converted from their evil ways and are doing fine now. a guy was about committing sucide after a frusted life, a guy preached to him and he listened, followed the guy to church and he was prayed for. Soon his life changed and he became one of the happiest people on earth. What do you say, should we desist from doing this good. please dont castigate a system until you have known what it was originally developed for. we have bad users and abusers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by pipeewa(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2015
peppyluv02:
Well,he seems to have given a clear picture...and captioned it on Facebook as ' Christians,behold your merciful God'.
I have had this picture saved for over a week now and what I kept asking is why will God punish an innocent woman trying to save her husband and yes,grabbing his genital is the easiest way for her to make him weak...
Anyway...I won't stop believing that there is God. These days,I really don't see not going to church as a sin even thou I must but I try to do what is right and making people around me happy because the way most of these people who claim to be born again behave sometimes,makes one wonder what they learn from their 24hours church service.

just like i wrote here such laws were given for a reason but these laws have been abolished in the new testament. Mercy now prevails over judgement and grace inexhaustible. Dont just beleive there is God because even demons do believe and they tremble at the sound of his voice. Seek to know God personally and to hear from him independently that is when you are liberated from ignorance. I dont go to church to please God what will it fetch Him anyways? he cant be more godly. I go to church to pray for myself and family and others too. and because it will be more purposeful than to stay at home. I go to church to hear more of what God has put in the mind of another servant of His that can inspire me and make me a better person. I can't beat the fact that i am a product of some of the things i heard from other inspired beings around me or read in thier books. I go to church to inspire somebody as that will give me opportunities to meet pple I could help and be a blessing too. Also i go to church to express my God-given talents like singing and dancing and to bless others too that will listen to me. Why do you think the bible is the best selling book in the world? if you have read your bible with understanding you will discover most motivational nuggets are just a twist of some of the wise sayings and proverbs in the bible. You try and read objectively the book of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes with a particular topic in mind say finances or financial development you will be amazed at what you will find. So many people are broken busted and disgusted. drepressed suffering injustice and hunger. we just have to positively stand up and help. this is one way i have found, and it is working. Do not castigate those who go to church 24hrs without any change you will do well if you reach to them and discover it has just been a facade all the while. some even lost it in church politics they did not know. some are not broken in their spirit which the psalmist records as our reasonable service. your obedience can help others stand well. you will be amazed what result your positive choice will bring.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by cold(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
peppyluv02:
Cold! Bia ebea...
Haha..just seeing this now. Funny image though,but that's the cold,bitter truth. The biblical description of the Christian god is deplorable to say the least. Peppyluv02,you're on the path to self realisation. When you can no longer reconcile your sense of reasoning with your faith and all the indoctrination you've been fed with since childhood,the truth that religion is nothing but a con begins to set in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by macof(m): 1:05am On Sep 22, 2015
You should read your bible more to see the nonsense the bible god mandates. ..yet some deluded folks call that monster; Merciful, Gracious grin
Joke of life

4 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 22, 2015
Self realization you say? Cold,I don't think I will stop believing that their is God. Thou,too many things about Religion,not just Christianity,that are confusing.

cold:

Haha..just seeing this now. Funny image though,but that's the cold,bitter truth. The biblical description of the Christian god is deplorable to say the least. Peppyluv02,you're on the path to self realisation. When you can no longer reconcile your sense of reasoning with your faith and all the indoctrination you've been fed with since childhood,the truth that religion is nothing but a con begins to set in.
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by cold(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2015
peppyluv02:
Self realization you say? Cold,I don't think I will stop believing that their is God. Thou,too many things about Religion,not just Christianity,that are confusing.

It's ok dear. It's a gradual process. At least you're honest enough to admit that there are too many things about religion that are confusing. Unlike so many others who remain adamant and refuse to see the wood for the trees.

5 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by freecocoa(f): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2015
The picture is just the truth about said passage, it's amazing what one can do with people's minds when religion is involved.

The only reason I haven't started a church is because I'm no criminal, make una thank una stars because I know many people here that will pay tithes and offerings to me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 23, 2015
Are you an atheist too?
freecocoa:
The picture is just the truth about said passage, it's amazing what one can do with people's minds when religion is involved.

The only reason I haven't started a church is because I'm no criminal, make una thank una stars because I know many people here that will pay tithes and offerings to me.
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by freecocoa(f): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2015
peppyluv02:
Are you an atheist too?
Yes I am.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by johnydon22(m): 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
The bible also says "Who ever marries a girl and she is not a virgin, report her to the people and they should stone her to death"

Who in his right senses will ever take a book full of abject misogyny and barbaric laws in the guise of a moral code serious in this 21st century...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by davien(m): 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
I'm also an escapee from Living Faith Church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
freecocoa:
Yes I am.
come see where olodo dey claim atheist.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by freecocoa(f): 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
timonski:
If e pain you, go lie down for 3rd mainland bridge baby.kiss

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Redlyn: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
freecocoa:
Yes I am.

Its been really interesting watching your evolution from Christian to freethinker / agnostic to now labelling yourself as an atheist. It's a tough label to come to terms with initially but when you realise God is unknown and religion doesn't make sense there is no other option but to embrace it.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by freecocoa(f): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
Redlyn:

Its been really interesting watching your evolution from Christian to freethinker / agnostic to now labelling yourself as an atheist. It's a tough label to come to terms with initially but when you realise God is unknown and religion doesn't make sense there is no other option but to embrace it.
Lol, didn't know anyone noticed.

Wasn't tough for me really though, I never was your typical christian, there's no much difference.grin

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by pipeewa(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, didn't know anyone noticed.

Wasn't tough for me really though, I never was your typical christian, there's no much difference.grin

@freecocoa
been looking for you. How have you been?
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
I don't see how else to explain the verse. It is simply self explanatory unless xtians want to twist it.
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2015
peppyluv02:

That's what happens when Daddy GO calls you to do God's work and not God Himself. If God calls any one for any service, He will personally reveal the calling to the person and prepare them for it. It's a pity these pastorpreneurs, for their selfish interest have succeeded in making unbelievers speak evil of the word of God. That's why almost all the ministers in ministries like that are NOT born of the spirit of God.

God is not a gambler; He declares the end from the beginning...He would never call any one who would end up becoming an atheist. No holy spirit filled person would become an atheist later in life; and God would never call you without baptizing you with the holy ghost (glorification), which is the power that makes you a child of God! The power that would make you loss the desire to sin...it keeps you in check and causes you to live a life pleasing to God.

It's written;

Romans 8:30

And those whom He predestined , these also He called; and whom He called , these also He justified; and whom He justified , these also He glorified.

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by freecocoa(f): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
pipeewa:

@freecocoa
been looking for you. How have you been?
I've been alright , I don't remember this your moniker though, how are you?
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by pipeewa(m): 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
freecocoa:
I've been alright , I don't remember this your moniker though, how are you?

great! I am happy you have been fine. I have been reading your posts and I wish I could meet with you one on one. do you still live in PH?
do you mind if we talk about your new way of life and the old. If you have a better conviction of the way you are confused about will you give it a try?
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by freecocoa(f): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
pipeewa:

great! I am happy you have been fine. I have been reading your posts and I wish I could meet with you one on one. do you still live in PH?
do you mind if we talk about your new way of life and the old. If you have a better conviction of the way you are confused about will you give it a try?
I still live in PH. I don't mind talking about it but we can do it here.

I am not confused, atleast not anymore and I'm certain there's no going back for me.
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by pipeewa(m): 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
freecocoa:
I still live in PH. I don't mind talking about it but we can do it here.

I am not confused, atleast not anymore and I'm certain there's no going back for me.

ok good.

When I was young, I kept asking myself about the the begining of the beginings. I was trained by a believing mother. she tried her best to explain and some older people around me but that could not quench my thirst for more. if there is God, who made him? how did it start existing before the begining and all that. Well, after a time I kept it to my self and I started trying to look for God to reveal Himself to me if He actually exists. i started reading the bible and some other christian books about those who have encountered this God. i discovered different people encountered God differently and all of them claimed His acts is the same. the greatest of them was Moses. He asked to see God face to face. God made a bargain just to show him His glory but not His face. He got what he wanted afterall. if bible were to be true then i beleive this story. David heard about God's story He depended on prophets to talk to God for him but none of the time did he fail. Another guy was Gideon, he asked God to perform magic. God did and he believed. i see now that objective people sought to personally encounter God. So I started to quest for God to reveal himself to me. My experience was not like other people of the bible but through silent words of affirmation and answers to prayers. i discover when I get serious in prayers and fasting are the best time of my life. its a difficult thing to do but everything precious comes with a price to pay.
First, I asked if God is real i must pass my WAEC once against not being loved by my Dad and against all odds glaring. i passed both my WAEC and GCE that year. I was the only one that passed in my school.
2. after listening to a sister testified of her divine healing through the year without taking pills; meanwhile this sister was known for migraine and ulcer. i said God if you are real i must also be healed in a divine way. its has been 20+ years now. i dont use drugs not even paracetamol. The word of God says He alone took away my infirmities so if he took them all. it should not be there again. that was answered too.
3. After NYSC i cldnt get a job for like 2yrs. one day i was in church and i felt the power of God strangely on me. I did not want to waste the moment, so i took time to pray. Went on 3days marathon fatsing and prayers. here as i was praying the holy spirit began to tell me things he would like me to do then and in future. He assured me I was going to get a job in february, and that was january 7th. I started to do what he asked me to do. in february a company called me for test and interview. In April I started work. i wish i could tell you of so many ways i have asked God to prove himself and He did.
Well if that was a product of circumstance or happenstance why do they happen only when i asked God to prove Himself?
i wish you could discover God too on your own and not throw the baby away with the birth water. What would you stand to lose at the end of the day. I am happier the laws of God are helping me to be a better person to everyone around me. if at the end of day God is a myth then i will still be happy as i have been a better person and also able to touch lives through the Him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
cheesy
timonski:
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
Re: An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12. by ogaprime(m): 7:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

That's what happens when Daddy GO calls you to do God's work and not God Himself. If God calls any one for any service, He will personally reveal the calling to the person and prepare them for it. It's a pity these pastorpreneurs, for their selfish interest have succeeded in making unbelievers speak evil of the word of God. That's why almost all the ministers in ministries like that are NOT born of the spirit of God.

God is not a gambler; He declares the end from the beginning...He would never call any one who would end up becoming an atheist. No holy spirit filled person would become an atheist later in life; and God would never call you without baptizing you with the holy ghost (glorification), which is the power that makes you a child of God! The power that would make you loss the desire to sin...it keeps you in check and causes you to live a life pleasing to God.

It's written;

Romans 8:30

And those whom He predestined , these also He called; and whom He called , these also He justified; and whom He justified , these also He glorified.

That is to say former christians turned atheist didn't have engine installed in their cars and they want it to fly and not even drive. Pray for them...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity / Are There People In Hell Right Now? An insight into God's justice !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.