Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

International World Peace Day! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / International World Peace Day! (405 Views)

Another Peace Mass Transit Bus Involved In A Ghastly Accident / One Of The Victims Of Peace Mass Transit Accident To Be Buried Today(sad) / Tony Nwulu, Fashanu, Eucharia, Oritse Femi, Kiss Daniels Honoured At Peace Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International World Peace Day! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Today is September 21 2015, International Peace Day. "Peace is the most fundamental element upon which a community is built." I got to know this fact when I was writing my under graduate Project on the topic: "INFLUENCE OF INTER-COMMUNAL CONFLICT ON AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION" My study areas, Yoruba speaking Share and Nupe speaking Tsaragi Communities, both in Kwara State had just rejuvenated an age long Land Border dispute. As a researcher In the area, I could feel the tension in the air, my respondents who were aggrieved individuals from both communities spoke with such hatred in their voices, and I had to calm nerves with some high level of diplomacy. Thousand of people were displaced mostly Women and Children, Property worth millions were destroyed including farmlands and Agricultural activities were paralyzed. The recent Migrant Crisis that is rocking the World and has produced such Powerful image as that of Aylan Kurdi, the drowned Syrian boy, can be traced to a 'Lack of Peace' in their home country. The Holy Quran preaches PEACE and The Holy Bible teaches us to LOVE our neighbour as our self. Embrace PEACE today, forgive somebody today, hug somebody today, tell somebody how much you LOVE them today. LET'S JOIN HANDS TO MAKE THE WORLD A PEACEFUL PLACE. I Love You, and I need you to survive!
Re: International World Peace Day! by examhall(f): 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Patronize Us / Nairalanders Endtime Party/ Award Night/ Get Together Lets Discuss / Events Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.