Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Can Your Company Replace You Easily? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Your Company Replace You Easily? (441 Views)

10 Things You Must Do Before Quitting Your Job To Start Your Company / 5 Signs A New Employee Won't Make It In Your Company / Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Your Company Replace You Easily? by engrbrume(m): 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
Have you ever thought about the number of people graduating every year getting that same degree you have and that same skill set? Schools were not only created to provide labor for the industries but also to ensure that labor can be easily obtained and replaced. Millions of people graduate every year fully equipped to serve as a competent replacement.
In this day and age, employers can change staff as easily as changing the parts of a machine. It is cheaper and sometimes more productive. Most employers don't want indispensable employees, they want employees that can be replaced and for good reasons too.
I learnt recently that Lacasera sacked the entire staff in one day. Now, a good question to ask is this......why will a company take that kind of risk? Simple answer 'it can afford to replace all of them, take a little bit of loss and get back to profitability'.
Now, some people argue that experience matters and I agree, but if you are a bank teller for example how valuable is your cash counting experience? Just about anybody can count cash. Some things don't need experience they just need someone that can follow a step by step instruction.
The job system as we know it is broken, a new age is upon us. The age that requires you to step out of average. Nobody cares about the average person, average is easily replaced and forgotten, you can't win in the race to be average. If I can break down your job into a series of steps, I can replace you with the snap of a finger. Think about that!!!

The question is.....what are you going to do?

Like the Fahrenheit Business Group-PH page on facebook to find out!
Re: Can Your Company Replace You Easily? by engrbrume(m): 10:19am On Nov 01, 2015
Happy New Month!

(1) (Reply)

It Student Needed / Obeying Your Discipline Regardless Of Your Present Situation / Never Be A Slave To A 'HELP' **no Man Is Big Enough To Finance Your Vision**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.