Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,201 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent (48109 Views)

Five Feared Killed As Dino Melaye's Protest Turns Bloody In Kogi / "Ole, Ole": Residents Chant As Dino Melaye Arrives Kabba, Kogi. Pics/Video / CCT Trial: Fresh Cracks In Saraki’s Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by LocalChamp: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Posted By: Jide Babalolaon

Attempts to get the reaction of Senator Bukola Saraki’s political ally, Senator Dino Melaye, to the warrant of arrest issued by the Code of Conduct Tribunal against the Senate President yesterday met a brick wall.

Melaye, known widely as one of Saraki’s most vocal supporters, declined comment when our correspondent contacted him yesterday, raising suspicion that the proverbial hand of the clock may have turned a full circle at the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

Melaye, the spokesman of Senator Saraki’s campaign for the Senate President position, had maintained his vocal posture while Saraki defied the All Progressives Congress’ directive on the filling of Senate positions.

He is currently facing his own legal challenges in the Kabba/Lokoja Senatorial constituency where Senator Smart Adeyemi is seeking a reversal of Melaye’s victory in the 2015 senatorial elections.

Melaye, who is currently the Chairman of the Senate Ad-hoc Committee on Media and Publicity. declined to send any response to our reporter’s text message demanding his reaction.

Before and after the text message, about 15 calls our correspondent made to his phone went unanswered.

Repeated calls and text messages made to the telephone lines of other senators also went unanswered while two of them sought more time as they cautiously weighed the implications of the development.

The fate of the four committees inaugurated by the Senate on July 29, this year may hang in the balance if the power equation, including the Saraki leadership of the Senate is altered as a result of the unfolding developments.

The four committees are the Selection Committee, the Rules and Business Committee, the Ethics and Privileges Committee and the Ad-hoc Committee on Publicity.

Senate President Bukola Saraki heads the Selection Committee while the Rules and Business Committee is headed by Senator Babajide Omoworare from Osun East Senatorial District and the Senate Ethics and Privileges Committee has Senator Samuel Anyanwu from Imo East Senatorial District as its Chairman.

http://thenationonlineng.net/jitters-in-sarakis-camp-as-dino-melaye-other-senators-keep-mum/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by Bevista: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nobody wants to catch a falling knife!

As fellow Witches, they all know that if they expose themselves unduly, they will be Hunted down too. They've got blood stains all over their mouth and claws as evidence of Blood Sucking.

#WitchHuntingSeason

231 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by Flyoruboy(m): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dino and the gang must be carefully "studying" the situation cheesy for now. They have to be careful in their utterance lest they come across as supporting Saraki's ill-adviced decision to shun the tribunal today.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by dridowu: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
Everybody with their own palaver. Time to keep mute

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by alaoeri: 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
Silence mode activated within Saraki's allies. grin

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by tomakint: 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
I can bet it that by Friday, a new Senate President would have emerged......Chukwudi44 my person, what sayeth thou to this cheering news grin cheesy grin

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by kahal29: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
Have been wondering too about the unusual silence too oh.....

9 Likes

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nobody is above the law!
This is pretty good for democracy and I hope this fight against corruption is total and not selective. I am sure most of his political ally are not that clean when it come to corruption, and PMB body language has fully been decode.
Still watching everything sha.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
Cut the fiery senator some slack, abeg. Dino is being statesmanly here, he doesn't want to needlessly heat up the polity. grin

6 Likes

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by emamos: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
kahal29:
Have been wandering too about the unusual silence too oh.....
have been WONDERING too

2 Likes

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by ademega(m): 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
if u were to be him unko? who wan become political abobaku?
they don't have anything to say again.
in Nigeria politics, there is always a very good way to deal with you. now that they have gotten their leader what power or option do you think followers has gotten than to fall in line or keep quite.
if care is not taking, apc won't mind giving adeyemi to come to the Senate instead of retaining a rebel party member.

in this administration, if you do any how, you go see any how oh.
even real apc guys are all neutral because either u support or u oppose there are people who knows what dirt you have done in the past. what they need to do is to call a punch or nation newspaper staff to publish the dirt story without charging a kobo.

this time around, the best is to keep mute and look if you kn you get part of a Skelton in your pocket. you don't need to have a full Skelton in your wardrobe.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by MisterLongman(m): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
They are not Abobakus........

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Saraki should have seen this coming

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by Markachi666(m): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
I have been wondering the number of political/public office holders that will come clean if their assets declaration forms are carefully investigated.
How many political/public office holders do you see commenting on Dr Saraki's trial at the CCT? How many political/public office holders will come clean if all their business enterprises and properties are subjected to TAX PAYMENTS investigations. Wahala dey!

Good USA used laptops available for sale. Discount available for bulk purchase.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by AdiscoPele: 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
If dem born am well, make he talk rubbish. Yeye agip.

15 Likes

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by erunz(m): 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
And someone will tell me this is not witch-hunt, immediately I saw the news I guessed right, that the source is from Either the Nations or Sahara liars. Even channels confirmed yesterday that over 50 senators had a meeting over this issue. It very funny how the Nation newspaper is targeting Tinubu perceived enemies. I think this four years if APC will be interesting and revealing.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
what we are witnessing is called survival instincts. who wan die?

13 Likes

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by LastSurvivor: 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
All man for himself

3 Likes

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by engrflames: 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Junk journalism, assumption is not a fact because it doesn't connotes reality.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by teadrake(m): 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
Guseh:
Nobody is above the law!
This is pretty good for democracy and I hope this fight against corruption is total and not selective. I am sure most of his political ally are not that clean when it come to corruption, and PMB body language has fully been decode.
Still watching everything sha.
God will protect you,and your eyes to witness the downfall of looters in this country.In sha Allah

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by smsshola(m): 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
Talk ki ke make them talk make them go wake the forgotten issues, crime and atrocities wey them don commit before....no o

In these era wey common tribunal chief can order the arrest of senate president every1 now kno that all the anti-corruption agency bark and bite gone are the days they just bark and roar without teeth now their teeth are sharper than any position.

8 Likes

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
tomakint:
I can bet it that by Friday, a new Senate President would have emerged......Chukwudi44 my person, what sayeth thou to this cheering news grin cheesy grin
Verily verily I say unto thee wailerz, hathet u not seen dat ya hero GEJ is thee already poo poin in thy pants cos after thee Sara-tif's subsequent arrest & golgota remandment, dat ya hero master iz next? grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by Johnnyessence(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
saraki is a thief he knows that he's guilty how could he be running helter and skelter he's guilty of his crime he's a thief and should be jailed.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by olayincar(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bevista:
Nobody wants to catch a falling knife!

As fellow Witches, they all know that if they expose themselves unduly, they will be Hunted down too. They've got blood stains all over their mouth and claws as evidence of Blood Sucking.

#WitchHuntingSeason
Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by dustmalik: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
erunz:
And someone will tell me this is not witch-hunt, immediately I saw the news I guessed right, that the source is from Either the Nations or Sahara liars. Even channels confirmed yesterday that over 50 senators had a meeting over this issue. It very funny how the Nation newspaper is targeting Tinubu perceived enemies. I think this four years if APC will be interesting and revealing.
Go and take a seat joor. The point is, they haven't come out and condemn it publicly like they usually do, especially Dino Melaye.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by Gbawe: 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
Buhari has shown he is not messing around. This is not the GEJ presidency or anything like it. Melaye knows shi*t just got real and he gets it that Buhari is not joking. The Buhari 'body language' at work. cool cool

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by mascot87(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
All of them have skeleton in their cupboard including Fayose. If them born them well make them talk, we go open there case in CCT

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by modath(f): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Make e talk, make hammer drop on dat hin bald head... undecided

That Dino is a waste of goodwill, after getting back into people's good graces, despite his past misdemeanors, he just had to squander it with his verbosity & bravado...

9 Likes

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by sassiemyk: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
God Dey, download linkz available shortly...waut on it

Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by MISSNORA(f): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lol
Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by joystickextendr: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Uhm na only God fit saraki now o
Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by atlwireles: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin fear according to Thenation
Re: Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent by freedom96: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Only God knows Waht is going on in ikweremadu's mind now.Dogara be like:Chai thank god I chose my deputy from apc.

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Buhari Is Not Telling Nigerians About Goodluck Jonathan – Abati / Caption This Photo Of Obi With A Pretty Lady / Taiwo Obasanjo: "Tope Adebutu Bent On Destroying Olujonwo Obasanjo, My Son"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.