Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,506 members, 7,801,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

What Can I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Can I Do? (962 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do? by chccho(m): 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hello NLs,
i would like to share my present experience with u all and would appreciate your good advice.

So i just got a new job here in lag and started this sept. after 6yrs working experience,graduated in 07...am in my 30s
The job is ok,its a brand new company here in lag so i happen to be a pioneer staff as well,very very flexible,very close to my house (N200 for Tfare?day) so we are just 2people in the office me and a young lady...no one else,our bosses,the owners are based in the HQ in USA..

its been a nice start for me so far,got a brand new laptop,we even got a sign on cash bonus each...though the pay is just about 100,i still took the job cause there is profit sharing and room for growth in the biz..so i have been having a nice time so far,i have been thanking God for this new job as e no easy to get work for naija....

however the big issue now is my partner!!!! this is a young lady that just graduated last yr in her 20s no working experience in sales or marketing (but for me am cool,we all learn everyday)
we are are meant to work together as a sales team (though am the admin officer she is the sale exec) and, for me its cool cos i have had experience over the years in sales and marketing,HR and admin etc....the interesting thing is our bosses keep ringing it into our ears that we can just work as a team,do away with hierachy,and just operate however it suits us, the company is runned just like an american company.
my partner is the jumpy,forward, and inexperienced type and me am just a cool laid back guy sometimes i dont talk i just observe..

In less than 3weeks i have already brought a business and we are about to seal the deal already,but my partner i just dont understand at all..
There have been a few things i observed about her already but i just chose to be mute...this month alone we have gotten about 30k as tip from one of the stakeholders of the business that visited us.i couldnt believe my eyes shocked shocked shocked as this girl just pocket all the money and didnt even say a word.this is aside 110,00 that has been allocated to us for office mtce from our HQ..i just ignored and never bothered to ask her afterall month go soon end,i go collect salary+i was given 20k from HQ..

so today we were out and about to seal the biz which i brought in, to the glory of God its going well and the clients are very interested.
We got back to the office i was excited,we were both chatting till she dropped a shocker on me, she informed me that am not allowing her to exercise her authority over me shocked shocked shocked being the person i am i smiled for a while and tried to talk to her (though i was boiling inside i controlled myself). This has already spoilt my day,i have just been wondering all day this small girll of 1990 wants to exercise authority over me,is it cos am quiet n cool,is it cos am slim and look much younger than my age,or maybe i just didnt negotiate for the right job/position and maybe pay

I would appreciate your wise counsel and comments pls..
Re: What Can I Do? by asscb(f): 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
nothing you can do than to go cool off first wink
Re: What Can I Do? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
lol..
shocked shocked shocked...
i used to ve a friend who when being provoked outside, wont say anything but once he gets to the room, he would start shouting at us as if say na we provoke am..

op see d way u dey mend us...but if u see d girl u no go fit talk...
why? u be coward?

u go just siddon make pikin wey u reach to born just dey oppress you?

mtcheew...i don dey vex.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do? by chccho(m): 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
DDeliverer:
lol..
shocked shocked shocked...
i used to ve a friend who when being provoked outside, wont say anything but once he gets to the room, he would start shouting at us as if say na we provoke am..

op see d way u dey mend us...but if u see d girl u no go fit talk...
why? u be coward?

u go just siddon make pikin wey u reach to born just dey oppress you?

mtcheew...i don dey vex.
hehehe how I go do naa I just dey look am
Re: What Can I Do? by tofo(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
I feel you should talk things straight with her.be open and objective in your approach. Both of you are a team and you would be working together in the long run. So it's better you both talk things through and understand yourself better.
NB. Is there a possibility of joining the team. Am a recent graduate who just finished youth service.I have a thing for sales/marketing.
Re: What Can I Do? by chccho(m): 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
tofo:
I feel you should talk things straight with her.be open and objective in your approach. Both of you are a team and you would be working together in the long run. So it's better you both talk things through and understand yourself better.
NB. Is there a possibility of joining the team. Am a recent graduate who just finished youth service.I have a thing for sales/marketing.
i have spoken to her calmly today and honestly it took a lil bit of discretion and wisom. but u see people dont know when and how to apply discretion at work,and from experience i have learnt that ladies tend to get overwhelmed or abuse positions given to them....
Re: What Can I Do? by chccho(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
tofo:
well as regards job i will keep u posted but for now recruitment is on hold
Re: What Can I Do? by tofo(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
chccho:

i have spoken to her calmly today and honestly it took a lil bit of discretion and wisom. but u see people dont know when and how to apply discretion at work,and from experience i have learnt that ladies tend to get overwhelmed or abuse positions given to them....
You have played your part bro and from what you have said, I can saay you have displayed maturity. I sincerely hope she comes around with time and behave like a professional.
All the best.
Re: What Can I Do? by tofo(m): 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
chccho:

well as regards job i will keep u posted but for now recruitment is on hold
Thank you for the kind considerations. I trust to be in the know once there is a vacancy. Thank you .
Re: What Can I Do? by chccho(m): 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
tofo:

You have played your part bro and from what you have said, I can saay you have displayed maturity. I sincerely hope she comes around with time and behave like a professional.
All the best.
thanks tofo, the thing dey pain me cos i feel so insulted and the babe just wants to take me for granted.
but i have made up my mind it wont happen again,today will be the lastime i will tolerate such stupid statement from her
Re: What Can I Do? by chccho(m): 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
ok so still on this same topic, now me and this babe dont even say hello again...and i think i started it cos this happens to be the greediest and most self centred human being i have probably met in my whole life....
can u imagine that the chairman of the company visited us last month and wrote a check of 50k for imprest and all...now we already have monthly imprest from HQ that takes care of all our expenses so whatever we get from chairman is usually just additional bonus or more like a tip...
This girl cashed the check, didnt inform HQ of the money given and she just throway face like say nothing happen. meanwhile me don dey roast, dey expect like 10 or 15k..
so now am thinking abi chairman sef don dey..... u know what i mean!!! grin
mehn i was so angry one day from home as i reach office i just decided not to speak to anyone since then i dey blank d babe.
sometimes i dont like the fact that we arent speakn but this babe on the other hand just wishes she was a god (what pains me most is that this is a girl am about 7yrs older than)
all together chairman has dashed her in my presence about 100k+ btw september and november.
meanwhile na me dey bring all the biz and nothing from her till date...
me i just dey here dey look, dia r is God oooooo!!! it is well
Re: What Can I Do? by chccho(m): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
we often say our leaders are corrupt, but now i realize that a lot of us if given the opportunity are even worse than our leaders....
May God help us all
Re: What Can I Do? by chccho(m): 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Thank God say man no be god
Re: What Can I Do? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
I think you need to talk it through with her and your boss(es) whom are present. Serious.

Although I wish I heard her own story...

Please, is there any available entry-level role for a fresh graduate like me in your coy?

(1) (Reply)

Omovo Technologies Latest Jobs (5 Positions) / Mastermindshrsg And Sterling Homes Limited / Vacancy For A Personal Assistant To The Group Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.