Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

How Bad Do You Want It?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Bad Do You Want It?? (333 Views)

Forget What People Want. It’s Your Life. What Do You Want? / The Best Cakes As You Want It/ Training On How To Bake / How Bad Do You Want It?! A Motivational Speech To Get You Ready For The Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Bad Do You Want It?? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
A little over three months ago, I had the opportunity to visit a friend in Florida. She was graduating from a master's degree program at one of the top universities there, and invited myself and a few others down to attend the graduation and spend the weekend in Miami.

The weekend of the visit, my friend -- Cheryl -- was not only supposed to attend the graduation, but she was also in charge of organizing an outdoor event for women entrepreneurs. The attendance at this event was an estimated 300 people, which was fine, but weather forcasts predicted rain, which sent Cheryl in a scrambling to find a solution just in case the outdoor event had to be rescheduled or cancelled.

Why, am I sharing this with you? Because Cheryl is working towards a career in business management, with a strong focus on the service and hospitality industry. This is a tough industry to survive in, especially for beginners, but Cheryl's attitude is , “I will do whatever it takes.”

As entrepreneurs, we must have this attitude. Running a business is challenging and sometimes it can be all-consuming. We need to show up everyday at 100% of ourselves willing to do what must be done that day that will move the business forward.

I often ask my clients to take a moment and focus on where they want to be and wake up every day and take a series of baby steps that will lead you to achieve your ultimate success. Everyday you show up and take those baby steps then before you know it your business is moving forward, and your dream had manifested itself right before your eyes.

In order to achieve anything we have to be moving in that direction. As I always tell both my clients and my students, "You can't achieve what you don't pursue."

How bad do you want to succeed according to your vision? What are you willing to do and sacrifice to get there? Because if you're not doing those things, chances are, you'll never fulfill your goals.

Take care, and God bless!

~ Ra

(1) (Reply)

Cctv, Ip & Wireless Networking Workshop Comes Up Tomorrow / 10-30 Tons Trucks Needed To Haul Light Loads / Revit 3d Architecture Week Start 26th To 30th Oct 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.