Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,783 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here (2858 Views)

Files Gone Missing After Upgrading To Marshmallows On IH2 / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow / 7 Awesome Features To Expect From The Next Android Marshmallows OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by redefined300(m): 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Android Users Shove away your Lollipop Devices now! Google keeps it coming with their Penchant for naming Android Versions with Sweet treats.Africa Brace Yourself for More of Android!
Google has revealed that the next version of its mobile operating system will be called Android Marshmallow.
With Jelly Bean, KitKat and Lollipop all featuring in the past – so there has been much speculation about what the latest release, previously known as "Android M", would be called.
Tell me who doesn't like Marshmallows? "Whether you like them in fluff form, straight out of the bag or roasted to a golden brown exterior with a molten center, We definitely like them!" wrote Android product manager Jamal, on the Android Developers Blog.
The announcement coincides with the release of the final developer preview update for Android Marshmallow, which includes the official Android 6.0 software development kit. Developers can now also publish their apps for Android Marshmallow on the Google Play store.
The new operating system, which was first unveiled at Google I/O on May 28, is expected to launch to the public in the third quarter of 2015.

SOURCE:
http://naijadefined..in/2015/09/android-60-marshmallows-is-here-see.html

•ANDROID PAY

The Android Marshmallow update will bring support for Android Pay, Google's answer to Apple Pay, which lets you pay for things in shops using your Android smartphone.
Once you have registered your cards, you can simply unlock your phone and place it near a merchant’s contact less terminal to make a payment. Loyalty cards can also be used in this way.
Android Marshmallow has native fingerprint support, so Android Pay can also confirm a purchase with their fingerprint. Fingerprint on Marshmallow can also be used to unlock devices and make purchases on Google Play.
Developers can also build fingerprint authentication into their own applications, allowing users to sign in without the need for a password.

•PERMISSIONS

A new permissions system makes it easier for users to decide what information the apps on their phone can use, by giving them the opportunity to confirm or deny access in context.
For example, if you download WhatsApp on an Android device today, you will be asked to grant permission for WhatsApp to access your contacts, calendar, location, photos, camera, microphone and more. This can seem very invasive.
With Android Marshmallow, users will not be requested to give any permissions at the point of download. It is only when they try to send a voice memo, for example, that they will be asked to grant access their microphone.
You can also revoke permission for an app to access certain information via a new option in the settings menu.

•POWER and CHARGING

Android Marshmallow is themost Powerful Android Release yet as claimed by Google. Marshmallow brings hundreds of improvements, but many of them are very incremental, so will be almost invisible to most users.
For example, a new feature called Doze detects when the device's motion sensor is inactive and cuts down on the level of background app activity. Google claims this can double the device's battery life.
Android Marshmallow also brings support for a new type of USB connector called USB-C, which Google claims charges devices three to five times faster than the current microUSB chargers.
Like Apple's Lightning connector, USB-C chargers can be plugged in either way round, so you'll no longer have to fumble around in the dark trying to plug in your charging cable.

•NOW on TAP

As part of the Android Marshmallow release, Google is updating its Google Now personal assistant to allow users to access information anywhere on their device, no matter what they are doing.
By tapping and holding the home button, users can pull up a query without leaving the app they are in. They can also use Google Now on Tap to find new apps and in-app content.
For example, if they are discussing a night out with a friend on Facebook, they can call up Now on Tap to check showing times for a film, or book a table in a restaurant using OpenTable.
Other improvements

•Google Android M

Other improvements in Android Marshmallow are incremental, but should help to improve the overall user experience.
For example, app links are being changed so that if you click on a Twitter link in an email, Android will launch the Twitter app on your phone automatically, rather asking if you want to open it using Twitter.
Meanwhile, a new feature called Android Auto Backup and Restore for Apps will be used in conjunction with Google Drive to automatically backup app data and settings with a file size of 25 MB or less.
The app drawer, where you can access all the apps on your phone, has also been redesigned, so that most recently used apps appear across the top, and other apps are arranged alphabetically, and scrolls vertically instead of horizontally.

1 Like

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by unanonso(m): 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
Waiting
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Duuzsz(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
Sure and more...
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Nosainwe(m): 11:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
I haven't even experienced the android 5.0 and google is thinking of releasing another version .wow
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Chuukwudi(m): 12:26am On Sep 22, 2015
Android Meshai
Android Milk
Android Meat
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Kizyte(m): 12:41am On Sep 22, 2015
Zhis is za BOMBZ! Good info! Lets keep our fingers crossed
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 22, 2015
Cool...
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by skywalker495(m): 5:10am On Sep 22, 2015
ok oh *typed from ma nokia asha 200(pink)
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by kingston247: 6:01am On Sep 22, 2015
Nice one
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by DjAndroid: 6:31am On Sep 22, 2015
Horizontal scroll is more beautiful than vertical scroll which looks like symbian thing.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by AMINDA: 6:57am On Sep 22, 2015
Some of these features are already available on htc's sense U.I.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by lordmizzy: 7:43am On Sep 22, 2015
still rep my 4.4 ...
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2015
Google just felt like releasing an OS maybe because apple just realesed IOS9.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by MrOra(m): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2015
AdmiralDru:
Google just felt like releasing an OS maybe because apple just realesed IOS9.
You funny sha. Try to be more updated with relevant information before commenting. Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2015
Android is the future.
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by ritababe(f): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
Nosainwe:
I haven't even experienced the android 5.0 and google is thinking of releasing another version .wow

me too.

anyway am waiting for android 10.0, I heard it can connect u to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Nosainwe(m): 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
ritababe:

me too.

anyway am waiting for android 10.0, I heard it can connect u to heaven.
lol
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by solar007: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
untill i can feel it physically , la comentee la reserveee
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:47am On Sep 23, 2015
kitkat lollipop marshmallow na same thing... only design differs
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Bratking(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
kitkat lollipop marshmallow na same thing... only design differs

Nope, they ain't. It's not that simple. Lollipop is heavier and more complex than Kitkat. Sometimes an app that would normally run on Kitkat will invariably crash on Lollipop because of the later's permission policies and other stuff I wouldn't go into right now.

2 Likes

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by redefined300(m): 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
solar007:
untill i can feel it physically , la comentee la reserveee

lol
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 28, 2015
Bratking:

Nope, they ain't. It's not that simple. Lollipop is heavier and more complex than Kitkat. Sometimes an app that would normally run on Kitkat will invariably crash on Lollipop because of the later's permission policies and other stuff I wouldn't go into right now.
please kindly mention the apps undecided
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by teewhydope(m): 11:45am On Sep 28, 2015
zleemshaddy:

Hez right. Not all apps are optimized for lollipop...

1 Like

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Bratking(m): 11:59am On Sep 28, 2015
zleemshaddy:

Samsung Push service (used to crash all the time till I googled and downloaded a version optimized for Android L, Watchseries apk (incessant crashing since I upgraded to Lollipop, Androvid pro (Sometimes crash in the middle of a video editing, Auto proxy lite (doesn't crash but doesn't work either), SCR Screen Recorder pro (incessant crashing upon activation).

All used to work seamlessly during my Kitkat days, but since the upgrade, it's crash galore more or less.

1 Like

Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallows Is Here by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
Bratking:

Samsung Push service (used to crash all the time till I googled and downloaded a version optimized for Android L, Watchseries apk (incessant crashing since I upgraded to Lollipop, Androvid pro (Sometimes crash in the middle of a video editing, Auto proxy lite (doesn't crash but doesn't work either), SCR Screen Recorder pro (incessant crashing upon activation).

All used to work seamlessly during my Kitkat days, but since the upgrade, it's crash galore more or less.
hmmm I never knew .

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Phones ("GSM Handsets") Approved by the NCC for use in Nigeria / How To Hack My Nokia E65 / SOLD!!! Samsung Galaxy Alpha Lte Fingerprint Heart Rate Monitor #26000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.