Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please (3982 Views)

Between The Zero 5 And The Phantom 8 / Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! / My Review of The Phantom 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by reumat(m): 8:33am On Sep 25, 2015
This is the best post so ever, every one sharing dere views without abuse on nairaland what a miracle!! grin smiley grin

well to be frank with u guys MTK devices has one issues which is crashing or brick problems, i knw many of u would have experience such, now ask ur self should u spend 70k for a device dat has no OS update i rather spend it on samsung cos i knw i will get d value of my money!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by sats: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2015
drizzypat i thought snapdragon 615 had the same problem too, i did give the tecno some credit, like i said, the spec sheet is impressive for a tecno phone
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by sats: 8:59am On Sep 25, 2015
JanethEze:
For real?

for real
its worth it abi?
ehn,go buy am na
let me guess
you dont use tecno
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by sats: 9:05am On Sep 25, 2015
reumat:
This is the best post so ever, every one sharing dere views without abuse on nairaland what a miracle!! grin smiley grin

well to be frank with u guys MTK devices has one issues which is crashing or brick problems, i knw many of u would have experience such, now ask ur self should u spend 70k for a device dat has no OS update i rather spend it on samsung cos i knw i will get d value of my money!!

the only issue i have with my mtk device is my k9 browser hanging and lagging sometimes
also my candy crush crashes sometimes though not often
how can you blame the chip for bricking your phone?
you customize your phone, give it what it cant handle, it gets bricked and you blame the chip?
seriously?
did you use it the way you bought it and it got bricked?
pls, your argument is DOA
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Irelokeh(m): 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
sats:

the only issue i have with my mtk device is my k9 browser hanging and lagging sometimes
you customize your phone, give it what it cant handle, it gets bricked and you blame the chip?
seriously?

Tell him oooooo
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Shinchika: 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
I guess how you feel is understandable, but trust me, not everyone feels this way about Tecno

sats:

i cant put faith in tecno, nah
i will be disapointed
confirm
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Shinchika: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
Haha! Don't mind that guy. By the way, sats, is the hanging and lagging not as a result of the processor?

sats:

seriously?
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Shinchika: 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
Gerrarrahia mehn sh!t

reumat:

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Shinchika: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
I'll buy boom J and have change.

JanethEze:
Ive seen it, ive used it. Its a great phone. Its 70k but its worth it
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by abionaalli(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
I agree with majority of commenters that the tecno phantom 5 is overpriced; I played with it at one of the shops in computer village.

While I will readily admit that it has great cameras and full HD screen (the 3GB RAM is no big deal, 2GB RAM is now pretty much standard on an android phone and the additional 1GB cannot cost more than an additional 3k), I have serious reservations about the processor. I don't understand why it's clocked at only 1.3GHz. If anybody has Antutu or other benchmark scores for it they should please share.

Tecno has to convince buyers that they are offering good value for money or infinix will continue increasing the ever increasing gap between them. Infinix hot notes are still flying off the shelves because of good value and now they've added the hot 2 which also promises fantastic value for money.

Tecno fans should correct me if I'm wrong but so far this year tecno has not released any phone that's been a major hit. Infinix has released at least 2 phones (or is it 4?) that were bona fide hits: the hot note pro and the hot 2.

I feel tecno should have priced the phantom 5 at no more than 57k which was the price at which the phantom z debuted on the market.

1 Like

Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by sats: 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Shinchika:
Haha! Don't mind that guy. By the way, sats, is the hanging and lagging not as a result of the processor?

it could be as a result of low memory too
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2015
debeo:
OP I guess your techno phone has not had any issue before.

I got a techno phone same day with my colleague, in 2months mine crashed

I took it to Carl care and guess what, they couldn't repair or replace it!

To make matters worse, my colleague s phone should also, and their customer care was so annoying that he angrily left the phone their

I add to go back to my Lenovo, I bought as far back as 2012 ( I've never had an issue with the phone, I just felt like upgrading)

I've used a Meizu and recently a Xiaomi afterwards

Guess what, I've NEVER had any issue

Until they resolve repair issues, the presence of their service center in Nigeria is useless!

Fyi: Xiaomi is planning to enter the African market by 2016

So my dear, I love competition, Techno should better brace up, or they would be pushed further down.

Had any one noticed, that people now prefer Infinix?
i have tried to let people understand this but to no avail
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by JanethEze(f): 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
Yeah , apparently you lack it so much.

Godvilla:
Now i know why they say "Common sense aint common"
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
JanethEze:

I dnt blame you, i blame your parents for getting you a smartphone.
#Internet! Giving children the audacity to talk to elders anyhow
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
i have tried to let people understand this but to no avail
Boy, its their money, let them spend it however they wish to.
Some people were born to always learn the hard way #Word
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Godvilla:
Boy, its their money, let them spend it however they wish to.
Some people were born to always learn the hard way #Word
[color=#770077] ok
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
JanethEze:

when elders are talking, keep quiet and learn
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by mychelyte(m): 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Irelokeh:
Since Tecno mobile's release of the Tecno Phantom Z5,there's been alot of posts everywhere especially on nairaland,most being Negative,few being postive about the flagship droid

I figured,maybe we actually need to cut them some slack,maybe we're just over reacting because they gave us great products for a really nice price earlier,before you take out your "Tecno is mediocre" opinion on them try to imagine

How much would Samsung,Sony,Motorola,Htc or Nokia sell a device with 3GB of Ram,an amazing display,fingerprint sensor and Premium handheld?

Ask yourself,have i used the Tecno phantom 5?

People keep comparing other smartphones that are'nt available yet in the African market with the TPhantom5,i checked up one Xperia L with low end specs today,sold out for almost $300+

One plus two sells great outside Nigeria with similar specs as the TPhantom5 and people are loving it as it goes for just $300 or so.

The only smartphone i know right now that stands the TPhantom5 is the Asus Zenphone 2 (4gb ram,intel atom) also sold for about $300 and the one plus 2

Tecno did not sell.a smartphone this time,Although they overpriced it for the Average Nigerian,tecno never mentioned they produced phones for the masses or people who cant afford it,if you've got 70K planned for a smartphone...

Would you buy other phones you couldn't afford earlier ,or appreciate a company that gave near perfect devices and an a well distributed Android experience in Africa for a fair price?
Now I get it!
The witches in your village are now toying with your glory.
I'm I mad?
Check (ulefone be touch 2) with more great specs even with front fingerprint check how much it's sold for,not like this useless scrap you and your so called "TECNO" is calling premium phone,that is how people like you ended being duped.
You hear a lot of people saying "NO" that TECNO should go back and resolve their maths. And you still insist on defending what they believe is not right.
With 70k,you'll get a london used samsung s5 that will break this your phantom5 for around 40k,and use the remaining 30k for something else and that samsung can serve you 2 to 3 years,because you'll be getting new update of any new android version to come,if TECNO do phone this week and another OS version came out next week,you will need to buy another new TECNO next week to get the new OS.

Samsung phone of 2013 is what Tecno is still working on in 2015 quote me anywhere!
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by RobinHez(m): 12:14am On Sep 26, 2015
grin grin
mychelyte:
Now I get it! The witches in your village are now toying with your glory.
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Irelokeh(m): 7:36am On Sep 26, 2015
RobinHez:
grin grin

Chai which kine wicked insult be this Na baba,wetin i do you
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by RobinHez(m): 7:39am On Sep 26, 2015
Irelokeh:

Chai which kine wicked insult be this Na baba,wetin i do you
Bros look up o...no be me insult you o, grin
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Shinchika: 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
I thought as much. Thanks man.

sats:

it could be as a result of low memory too
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by sats: 4:42am On Oct 01, 2015
Shinchika:
I thought as much. Thanks man.

you welcome
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by JanethEze(f): 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
WHat is an elder doing on Nairaland? Don't you have a wife or something or have you come here to look for little girls like all you old disgusting men do!

Godvilla:
I dnt blame you, i blame your parents for getting you a smartphone.
#Internet! Giving children the audacity to talk to elders anyhow
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Wisdomkosi(m): 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
JanethEze:
When humans are in the house, the animals should be kept outside.

i believe you are one of the animals.
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by JanethEze(f): 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
I believe you are jobless. smiley

Wisdomkosi:
i believe you are one of the animals.
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by JanethEze(f): 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
The phantom is great, I had the chance to operate it. grin its a beauty.
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Wisdomkosi(m): 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
JanethEze:
I believe you are jobless. smiley

your own joblessness has no limit
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Nobody: 1:49am On Oct 02, 2015
JanethEze:
WHat is an elder doing on Nairaland? Don't you have a wife or something or have you come here to look for little girls like all you old disgusting men do!

By their fruits they shall be known
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by dazekid(m): 5:34am On Oct 02, 2015
JanethEze:
The phantom is great, I had the chance to operate it. grin its a beauty.

Don't lie o, you work for tecno shey Or are you one of those bloggers that got a free device? I no even sure say tecno staff go dey support this phone like this so it has to be the latter.
Re: Before You Critize The Phantom 5,read This Please by Shinchika: 10:09am On Oct 02, 2015
They have turn this place to land of insults. You people should be calm na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Nigeria Turn My Phone Into [photo] / How To Borrow Money From MTN And Pay Later Using MTN Xtracash / Win Free Airtime In The Smirnoff Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.