Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics (11177 Views)

Innjoo 2 : The Iphone 6 Copy Cat / Unboxing D Innjoo 2,the N35,900 Flagship That Wants 2 Compete With D Phantom 5 / How To Use Infinix Flash Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by DDR3: 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
Infinix Hot 2 was launched few weeks ago into the Nigerian market as the 1st Android One phone in Africa. This was a result of the partnership between Google & Infinix, and also involving Infinix E-commerce partners Jumia & Mobile Giants MTN.
This device came into the market as a low budget phone with high end capabilities and a guarantee of latest Android OS updates for the next 2 years. Sounds great right?
Spec options of 4 colours, 2GB Ram or 1GB Ram, 16GB Memory, 5 inch HD screen and Lollipop OS 5.1 are a good bargain for a price below N20,000.
However, a lot of people who now use the Hot 2 had some initial challenges adapting to the Android Stock Rom which came with only the basic Applications that you need, while leaving you enough options to download Apps and customise your phones previously impossible with other prior versions of Android OS.
Some of these are as follows:
1. File Manager:
For Android One OS, File Manager is represented with Google Drive. Here you even have access to both your online (Google Drive ) and offline pictures, videos and music files.
However, if you prefer traditional File Managers, simply download any of your choice from Google Playstore.

2. Choosing a Ringtone:
This shouldn’t prove a challenge to anyone. From what I’ve heard, a lot of people assume you cannot use your personal songs as your ringtone.
SOLUTION: Simply download ES File Manager and go to Settings to choose your ringtone without any stress.

3. Gallery:
For Android One, Gallery has been evolved into a better, more organised and full function Gallery App called PHOTOS. Here you can find and even back-up your Photos and Videos to Google Drive which is tied to your Gmail account directly from this Photo’s App.
However, if you still want something similar to the traditional Gallery on Infinix Phones, simply download any other Gallery from Google Playstore.

4. Crashing/Hanging Apps:
Apps you send from other Android OS ( Android 4.4.2 KitKat or lower ) through Flash share may not work . Reason is because some of these Apps are not optimised for Android 5.1 OS. But guess what? These optimised versions are available in Google Playstore. So just download your favourite Apps from Playstore. Some Folks will want to complain about MB, but I guess that’s why the Phone comes with 1GB Data @ N500 Monthly from MTN. Not bad right?

5. 3G Browsing Speed Display:
Well most people assume the Hot 2 has maximum browsing speed of 3G. This is so wrong. Actually, Hot 2 supports speeds of up to 3.75G but Android One OS Browsing speed Indicator only displays 3G even when browsing on speeds higher than 3G. So you still have similar or even better Internet browsing speed as your previous device.

A few other challenges existed but these have been resolved in the latest update that was pushed to the device last week.

2 Likes

Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Peeps520: 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
Good instruction grin
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by therealesttin(m): 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Good, especially helpful. I recommend this to New Hot 2 Users.
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by DDR3: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
therealesttin:

Glad to be of help. Hope some more people can overcome some issues with this.
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Please users should answer.. How long does it take to fully charged this hot 2 ..

As in does it supports fast charge technology
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by DDR3: 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
lilbest4:
Please users should answer.. How long does it take to fully charged this hot 2 ..

As in does it supports fast charge technology

From 0 to 100 takes about 2 hours. Definitely no fast charge tech here.
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Marksule(m): 12:21am On Sep 23, 2015
Cool
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 23, 2015
very good.. makes lot of sense...
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by IdeeEsperanza(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2015
ok
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 23, 2015
DDR3:

thanks. not sure if I will buy again coz I heard the battery is not strong
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by DDR3: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2015
lilbest4:

Your choice but I will state otherwise. The battery is very reasonable and I use a full charge for almost a whole day despite running multiple tasks and using my office Wi-Fi during working hours.
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by therealesttin(m): 9:30am On Sep 23, 2015
This season is another reason to celebrate.

Infinix and Naij.com will be giving away 15 Hot 2 to 15 lucky people to celebrate Nigeria's 55th Independence anniversary.

Be one of these lucky people when you participate by simply clicking the following link:
http://www.naij.com/promotion/

Terms and Conditions Apply.
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 23, 2015
pls how do i know the ram size of my infinix hot 2
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by DDR3: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2015
aguiyi:
pls how do i know the ram size of my infinix hot 2

Go to settings-Storage-click on Apps (App data & Media content) and swipe left to show your available RAM size.
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 23, 2015
DDR3:

Go to settings-Storage-click on Apps (App data & Media content) and swipe left to show your available RAM size.

that was helpful, tnx
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by RobinHez(m): 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
lilbest4:
Well you should...Hot2 is good value for price!

Except you're looking for a better deal. If so, state the specs you need on that thread in my signature.

#Consultant cool
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
DDR3:

pls how do i activate the mtn bundle of 1Gb for N500
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
DDR3:

Your choice but I will state otherwise. The battery is very reasonable and I use a full charge for almost a whole day despite running multiple tasks and using my office Wi-Fi during working hours.
thanks bro...

People just keep confusing me.. If the battery can last a day I will buy it...

Thanks for your response
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by gonaij: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nice thread
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by topstar80(m): 7:40am On Sep 30, 2015
therealesttin:

this information is specifically useful for new users...I give the op a thumb up!™
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by topstar80(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2015
gonaij:
Nice thread
..yh..this is really a nice thread for new users of the phone...
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by topstar80(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2015
lilbest4:
thanks bro...

Thanks for your response
..lovely
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by topstar80(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2015
DDR3:

I think its so cool
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Lordwheez(m): 7:23am On Oct 03, 2015
It's really cool and elegant device..... The functionality dey smooth...... In short..... It's what I used in commenting here
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Zealoy(m): 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
pls guys help me o after formatting my infinix hot 2 it brings out the welcome page when u click next another page comes up which requires gmail but anytime I put my gmail it keeps bringing me back asking for d same gmail infact am going crazy
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Carlcaresophia: 11:51am On Oct 07, 2015
Zealoy:
pls guys help me o after formatting my infinix hot 2 it brings out the welcome page when u click next another page comes up which requires gmail but anytime I put my gmail it keeps bringing me back asking for d same gmail infact am going crazy
Hi Zealoy, could you please describe your phone problem in more details, or show us some pictures about it, so that we can try to offer you solution. Thank you!
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by alldrunsx: 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
@op. Dis is a gd job. Keep it up
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by alldrunsx: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
DDR3:

lilbest4:
thanks bro...

Thanks for your response
I beg to disagree. D battery is nt worth d hype! My wife uses dis phone now: just make & receive calls, occasional snap shots, no pinging....... for now, yet it runs down fast. Frm 100% on standby it depletes fast to 88% within one hour. Apart from d pre-installed apps, no other heavy apps installed save file manager.

All d same it's a gd phone for d price, d camera is good and browsing is enjoyable
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by alldrunsx: 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
Btw,
1. Hw do u achieve 'restart' d phone without pressing d power button all over again, since d option isn't embedded in d power button?

2. Hw do u replace d whitish non transparent background of d apps drawer?
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Careydeee(m): 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
I support u bro...d battery aint strong at all...its a coo phone still though
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by Tcash360: 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
hello, guys I am experiencing a great problem with my new infinix hot2, I unpacked d phone ,using d phone less than two hours, d phone screen turn black displaying only d arrow back/return button, don't know what to do bcus I have try to open it into factory mode Bt all in vain, I noticed dat it was bcus I created a new user on d phone, that was d origin of dis problem I am facing, bro/sis help me out pls,
Re: How To Use Infinix Hot 2, The Basics by alldrunsx: 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
DDR3:

So hw does dis indicate if d RAM is 1gb or 2gb version?

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Solution For Blinking Red Light 100% Working (not BB10 Smartphones) / Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod / 17 Things You Should Never Ever Google.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.