Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? (2229 Views)

Check Out This Popular Pastor's Reaction When The Pope Said Hell Fire Isnt Real / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / My Time To Judge The World Is Near - Olumba Olumba Obu (2) (3) (4)

Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by Owliver(m): 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
plappville:

Umm, you are deffending people you dont even know. Have you never found yourself breaking a vow u made with God since you met Him? These people are human stop been decieved by thier coloured garments. You have been brainwashed that to mk heaven, you must be a catholic hence this defence here and there. The same problem the muslims have. Die for allah u go to heaven, thats why they wear bomb to kill hundreds at a time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Roman_Catholic_priests
Few weeks ago i asked my parish priest where i currently serve " will other dinominations(Protestant) make heaven?" and he told me... the bible says "anyone who keeps his(JESUS) word will make heaven be you catholic or not..... how about that? So my friend stop attacking the church and preach if you want to. you are not more righteous than a gay priest or wateva. cool
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by plappville(f): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
Owliver:
Few weeks ago i asked my parish priest where i currently serve " will other dinominations(Protestant) make heaven?" and he told me... the bible says "anyone who keeps his(JESUS) word will make heaven be you catholic or not..... how about that? So my friend stop attacking the church and preach if you want to. you are not more righteous than a gay priest or wateva. cool

Who did i stated that i am more righteous? The bible is our dictionary. I qouted verses that says the evil one should be pulged from the church. They are not my words but Gods. How does it sounds when you say "Gay bishop "?? Yes your pastor is right but you did not understand him. He didnt tell you delibrate sinners like the gays in the church today will mk heaven. If he had said so i would request a proof from the bible. God hates homosexuality. In the beginning he created man and woman. Not man and man or woman and woman. And He said. Wife be submissive to your husband. Husband love your wife. Today. It may be ok for the unbelievers to indulge in man and man. But not in the body of Christ. Its a taboo.
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by Owliver(m): 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
plappville:

Who did i stated that i am more righteous? The bible is our dictionary. I qouted verses that says the evil one should be pulged from the church. They are not my words but Gods. How does it sounds when you say "Gay bishop "?? Yes your pastor is right but you did not understand him. He didnt tell you delibrate sinners like the gays in the church today will mk heaven. If he had said so i would request a proof from the bible. God hates homosexuality. In the beginning he created man and woman. Not man and man or woman and woman. And He said. Wife be submissive to your husband. Husband love your wife. Today. It may be ok for the unbelievers to indulge in man and man. But not in the body of Christ. Its a taboo.
you are late madam. happy sundat
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by plappville(f): 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
Owliver:
OP pleas state your point. asin yhe actual message you want to pass accross with this thread
My message is this. As a Pope/pastor heading the church. He has the right to dismiss such a fellow to an ordinary member. He will remain in the church if he wants. But He should not handle such a title as Bishop/leader. The Pope Saying "who am i to judge" is like hiding the truth. Kind of scared of losing members as there are many gay leaders in the Church.
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by Owliver(m): 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
plappville:

My message is this. As a Pope/pastor heading the church. He has the right to dismiss such a fellow to an ordinary member. He will remain in the church if he wants. But He should not handle such a title as Bishop/leader. The Pope Saying "who am i to judge" is like hiding the truth. Kind of scared of losing members as there are many gay leaders in the Church.
no problem. i woll message him tomorrow morning OK. be rest assured.
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by plappville(f): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
Owliver:
you are late madam. happy sundat

Have not check this thread thats why.
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by Owliver(m): 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
plappville:

Have not check this thread thats why.
ook. have a great night ok. sleep tight
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by Goshen360(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
An2elect2:

Thank you for that beautiful distinction smiley we can all see that Catholicism and Christianity are two parallel beliefs.

Jesus accepted sinners to save them from their sins first before adding them to his church.

This is the biblical pattern : We go out to preach to sinners in love> God grants them repentance from their sins and salvation through Christ Jesus > Next, they are added to the church.

Today we have turned everything around! We bring sinners in their state of unrepentance into the church, declare them as new members! sad and we assume they will turn to God properly afterwards! Red flag!

Today we see the consequences of our wicked actions and disobedience to the word of God. The church...the modern church is a mess. cry

I don dey watch you for quite some time. You get Holy Ghost sense and full of the word. Maybe one day I go retire and hand over to you. .. grin grin grin. Keep it up baby!

Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by An2elect2(f): 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
Owliver:
OP pleas state your point. asin yhe actual message you want to pass accross with this thread

She is trying to say that the pope is handling the word of God deceitfully. Instead of pointing out sin and rebuking it, he has exposed himself to be in the bandwagon of "today's judge not".

Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by An2elect2(f): 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
Goshen360:

I don dey watch you for quite some time. You get Holy Ghost sense and full of the word. Maybe one day I go retire and hand over to you. .. grin grin grin. Keep it up baby!

grin grin Abeg no retire o!

Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by plappville(f): 5:03am On Oct 05, 2015
Goshen360:

Bonjour mon frère GOSHEN360, tu étais où? Ça fait tellement longtemps. Je suis contente de te revoir. smiley

Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by truthislight: 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
plappville:

You can call it whatever u like. I dont have time to discuss with you. All you do is insult people whenever catholic is discussed. I dont know if you are a pope self. grin

italo:

Sorry ma,
if you feel offended.

"Misrepresentation" is not an insult.

It simply means that another meaning was given to what the Pope said...other than the true meaning.

Hmmmmm! Why am I surprised! Well, wonders they say shall never end.

One of such will be seeing a polite Italo. OK.
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by plappville(f): 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
truthislight:

Hmmmmm! Why am I surprised! Well, wonders they say shall never end.

One of such will be seeing a polite Italo. OK.

Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by invisibility: 2:15am On Oct 11, 2015
kokoA:
Have you ever thought of people who were born like that? They naturally have feelings for same sex right from childhood. Will you say God made a mistake by creating them that way? I detest the act of homosexuality, it is gross but I don't hate them. Any man of God who speaks evil or judge any of God's creation is not a man of God (Quote me anywhere). Condemn the act not the actor. The catholic church has thrown her doors open to everybody to come in and meet Jesus. How can sinners or gays be converted if all what the church does is demonize them? The pope is responsible over a billion souls so he was being careful not to attract the wrath of God.

Bros stop joining the western world to support this senseless lie. No human being existing is born gay. In fact no one is born with knowledge of sex. When you were a baby did you know what sex is?

Homosexuality is an acquired sexual orientation that needs rehabilitation to reverse it same way as prostitution.

People pick up the habit along the way same way as smoking and many gay successfully quit the evil habit. No human being is born a smoker or a prostitute.

These are bad habits people acquire as they grow up.

Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by plappville(f): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
invisibility:

Bros stop joining the western world to support this senseless lie. No human being existing is born gay. In fact no one is born with knowledge of sex. When you were a baby did you know what sex is?

Homosexuality is an acquired sexual orientation that needs rehabilitation to reverse it same way as prostitution.

People pick up the habit along the way same way as smoking and many gay successfully quit the evil habit. No human being is born a smoker or a prostitute.

These are bad habits people acquire as they grow up.

TRUE TALK!!!
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by bodee(m): 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
the Pope or popes were never Christians so that should end all controversies.
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by plappville(f): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
They have difficulties in defending the truth. The bible should be used to correct anyone trying to pollute the church. Instead, The so-called head of the church will say. Who am i to judge. Their aim is to gain power, be seen as small gods in the eyes of people. Thats why the church today is Faced with people who seek power and success, the disciples are called to do the opposite. Jesus warns them:

“You know that among the Gentiles those whom they recognize as their rulers lord it over them, and their great ones are tyrants over them. But it is not so among you; but whoever wishes to become great among you must be your servant” (mark 10:42-44).

These words show us that service is the way for authority to be exercised in the Christian community. Those who serve others and lack real prestige exercise genuine authority in the Church. Jesus calls us to see things differently, to pass from the thirst for power to the joy of quiet service, to suppress our instinctive desire to exercise power over others, and instead to exercise the virtue of humility.
Re: Pope Said Who Am I To Judge? by plappville(f): 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
bodee:
the Pope or popes were never Christians so that should end all controversies.

The bible has its definition of who is a christian. I dont know who is and who is not. Anyone can claim to be. But pointing to the bible. We can know them by thier fruits.

Last Warning To Christians Who Eat Snail/shrimp / Why Did You Tell Me? / The Bible Said Jesus Is Liable To Hell Fire

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50