Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki (28774 Views)

FG Appeals, Says Saraki’s Acquittal Unreasonable / I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:59am On Sep 23, 2015
ABUJA- SENATE President Bukola Saraki who appeared before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT following a 13-count charge against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau, over alleged falsification of assets he admitted, said Tuesday that if he was not the Senate President, he would not be going through the present trial.
In a statement tilted, “As I Appear Before The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT)” he personally signed Tuesday night, Senate President Bukola Saraki who noted that his appearance before the CCT was a demonstration of his believe in rule of law and respect for the judiciary, said, “Today, I appeared before the Code of Conduct Tribunal for the commencement of my trial in a case concerning the asset declaration form I filled in 2003 after I have explored the opportunity to defend my fundamental human rights in other courts.
“My appearance in court today once again demonstrates my belief in the rule of law and respect for the judiciary of our country.
“As I stated while taking the plea in the case, I reiterate my belief that the only reason while I am going through this trial is because I am Senate President. If I were to be just a Senator, I doubt if anybody will be interested in the asset declaration form I filled over twelve years ago.
“This belief stems from the fact that Section 3 (d) of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act provides that If there is a breach or non-compliance with any section of the law, the person involved should be given the opportunity to either admit or deny and that in the case of a written admission, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary. So, If the CCB had followed the guidelines, procedure or the due process provided in its own law, we won’t be having this trial.
“It is my humble opinion that this case is a vivid example that there is still flagrant disregard for due process in our polity. This trial is not only being observed by Nigerians alone, the international community is watching because Nigeria is a key member of this community. So, the executive, legislature and judiciary should do the right thing that will truly demonstrate that we have imbibed the spirit of positive change.
“It is however necessary for me to thank my colleagues in the Senate for the solid support and solidarity they demonstrated for me. I also thank my counsel for the brilliance they have shown in presenting our case and the supporters who were present in the Tribunal in their hundreds. I want to assure you that I am innocent of all the charges and will clear my name in due course.
“May God continue to bless our country.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/i-am-being-prosecuted-because-i-am-senate-president-saraki/

cc: lalasticlala

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by rildwanullahi(m): 5:02am On Sep 23, 2015
Yeye dey smell, you should have kept a low key and enjoy you loot however you kept small small change in our economy and put gigantic elephantious amount of money outside the country to help those people develop their economy and destroy ours

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by disloman(m): 5:04am On Sep 23, 2015
Story story story ooo story story story ooooo story

42 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by kliq(m): 5:04am On Sep 23, 2015
undecided

BUKOLA SARAKI’S PROPERTIES EXPOSED

Breakdown of his properties are N120 million and $224 million incomes as annual rent from his landed properties in Nigeria and London.

BUKOLA SARAKI’S ASSETS
Plot 212 Musa Yar'Adua Street, Victoria Island, N700 million.
Others are a plot of land on Lekki Phase (block 72), N7 million;
Ibafo near Ajah, N5 million;

Buildings on number 42 Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, N750 million;
19 Roxton Road, Ikoyi, N500 million;
62 Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, N100 million;
15A & B MacDonald, Ikoyi, N160 million
6 Vulga Street, Maitama, Abuja, N60 million.

HIS LANDED PROPERTIES
123A, Ashley Gardens, Thirleby Road, London, valued at $750,000. (N120 Million Naira)
56 Cheyne Court, SW 3, London, $900,000; (N144 Million Naira)
54 Ashley Gardens, Ambrasden Avenue, London, $2.5 million; (N400 Million Naira)
141 Ashley Gardens, Thirleby Road, London, $600,000; (N96 Million Naira)
Nell Gwynn House, Sleave Avenue, London, $400,000; (N64 Million Naira)
Ormond House, Ormond Street, S/London, $400,000; (N64 Million Naira)
53 Ashley Gardens, Ambrasden Avenue, London, $2.5 million, (N400 Million Naira)
70 Bourne Street, S/W London, valued at $4.8 million. (N768 Million Naira)

HIS MOVABLE PROPERTIES
Mercedes S320, N16 million;
Mercedes S500, N20 million;
Mercedes G500, N18 million;
Mercedes V220, N6 million
Mercedes 300E, N2 million.
Mercedes ML 240, N8.5 million;
Mercedes CLK 320, N9 million;
Mercedes E320, N11 million;
Mercedes G500 bullet-proof, N45 million
Mercedes S500 bullet-proof, N30 million.
Ferrari 456 GT N25 million;
Navigator, N15 million;
Peugeot 406, N2 million,
Lexus Jeep bullet-proof, N30 million
Lincoln Navigator bullet-proof, N25 million.

HIS CASH DEPOSITS IN DIFFERENT BANK ACCOUNTS NIGERIA
Societe Generale; N11 million
Ecobank, Broad Street, Lagos, N350, 000;
Citizens Bank, Broad Street, Lagos, N390, 000;
Citizens Bank, Broad Street, Lagos, N600,000;
Ecobank Nigeria plc, Broad Street, N10.3 million,
Guaranty Trust Bank, Adeyemo Alakija Street, Lagos, N2.9 million.
Societe Generale Bank, Oke Arin Street, Lagos, N23 million
Guaranty Trust Bank, Adeyemo Alakija Street, Lagos.

FOREIGN BANK ACCOUNTS
Coutts & C, 440 Strand, London, £905,000; (N235.3 Million Naira)
Northern Trust International Banking Corporation, Merrillynch Piece Fender, $400,000 (N64 Million Naira)
Fortis Bank, Camoile Street, London, £2 million. (N520 Million Naira)

HIS FOUR CHILDREN
His four children Tosin, Seni, Teniola ankkd Teniayo, are worth N741.89 million in cash,

HIS WIFE
Toyin Saraki, had a net asset of N1.49 billion as at 29 May 2003.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by gunpoint(m): 5:05am On Sep 23, 2015
No bros, you are been prosecuted because you are a thief. angry

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by donsteady(m): 5:06am On Sep 23, 2015
I feel for you bro

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by OpeDwarroir: 5:07am On Sep 23, 2015
Political witch-hunt

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by judiciarypalava: 5:09am On Sep 23, 2015
If you are going down, don't go down alone. Waiting for the bomb revelations ASAP.

17 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by segzyj(m): 5:09am On Sep 23, 2015
Change witch hunting the changer

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by marshalcarter: 5:14am On Sep 23, 2015
U're mad ni

22 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by oloyedayo(m): 5:16am On Sep 23, 2015
whatever, defend yourself and let see if you are guilty or not.

24 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by xamuel17(m): 5:17am On Sep 23, 2015
steal 500naira and get burnt by an angry mob, Steal millions and get a slap on ur wrist.

that shit really has to end , thank God we have buhari now

show no mercy to SARAKI, use am do sallah Ram

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by pet4ril(f): 5:18am On Sep 23, 2015
Abi ooo grin.

1 Like

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by ORACLE1975(m): 5:23am On Sep 23, 2015
Won ti n fenu fera bi abebe. Naija Saga News: Now on Season 2, watching episode 1. All of you will vomit!!!

6 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by adekennis(m): 5:27am On Sep 23, 2015
Saraki shut d hell up...Nigerians are watching your drama.

17 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Aufbauh(m): 5:30am On Sep 23, 2015
Mr Saraki what we care to know is that are you guilty or not guilty of the allegations? Shekina!
Keep the explanations to your fellow allies in the struggle.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:43am On Sep 23, 2015
gunpoint:
No bros, you are been prosecuted because you are a thief. angry
Pls, they should also probe the former senate President who was awarded the otukpo road contract but failed.

12 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by gaburiel(m): 5:45am On Sep 23, 2015
A fact well known

Now to the next question
Are you guilty or not?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Mishydoo(m): 5:52am On Sep 23, 2015
Win some,loose some...u chose this path the moment u double-crossed ur party for ur selfish interest...bear ur cross

25 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by agarawu23(m): 5:57am On Sep 23, 2015
grin grin grin mumu talk

Barawo bansa grin

9 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Sirnokiopee(m): 6:16am On Sep 23, 2015
Yes we agree ... because we can't have a thief as the SP at this era of " change"

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by dalass(f): 6:17am On Sep 23, 2015
Reaping what he sowed!

9 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:20am On Sep 23, 2015
Sirnokiopee:
Yes we agree ... because we can't have a thief as the SP at this era of " change"
what of david mark.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by oyatmicah(m): 6:45am On Sep 23, 2015
na slap wey dem don soak iinside acid for 7 days suppose land for ur mouth o. oloshi buruku, after u don chop all our money for kwara finish

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by maskamdo(m): 6:45am On Sep 23, 2015
Vip guinea pig (specimen A)

4 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by orobs93(m): 6:53am On Sep 23, 2015
So why mama nkechi never buy motor..?
Nor b d same rice una dey sell?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Bobbystanley(m): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2015
We know sir.
But apart from that, You should be in Jail even before the election

10 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Haywhymido(m): 7:12am On Sep 23, 2015
U brought it all on urself. U personally chose to wash ur linen outside. Are u telling me u dont knw wot goes along with being a SP?

6 Likes

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by carboblanko(m): 7:13am On Sep 23, 2015
Mr Saraki occupies the third highest office in the land. He should therefore expect all his affairs to come under intense scrutiny. If he can't stand the heat he should stay out of the kitchen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Ghandi12: 7:19am On Sep 23, 2015
“...As I stated while taking the plea in the case, I reiterate my belief that the only reason while I am going through this trial is because I am Senate President. If I were to be just a Senator, I doubt if anybody will be interested in the asset declaration form I filled over twelve years ago.
“This belief stems from the fact that Section 3 (d) of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act provides that If there is a breach or...

Yes we cannot afford to have an established looter as our Senate President and No. 3 Man.
When we replace you with a more acceptable Senator the system will start purging other public servants with similar pilfering histories as yours.

Being a No. 3 Man comes with burdens and that includes knowing how you earned your Trillions (not even Billions) twelve years ago.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by Ghandi12: 7:28am On Sep 23, 2015
[Source-https://kwaranews./governor-bukola-saraki-a-biography/]

Governor Abubakar Bukola Saraki Date of Birth: December 19, 1962.

Education
Corona School, Lagos: 1966 to 1972 (Primary school education)
King’s College, Lagos: 1973 to 1998 (West African School Certificate)
Cheltenham College, London: 1979 to 1981(High School Certificate)
London Hospital Medical College of the University of London: 1982 to 1997, M.B.B.S (London).

Work Engagements before 2003
Medical Officer at Rush Green Hospital, Essex: 1987 to 1988. (1 Year) - Obviously as a Medical Student/Intern
Senior Casualty Officer at Royal Free Hospital, London: 1988 to 1989. (1 Year) - Obviously as a Medical Student/Intern
Director (non-executive) Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited: 1989 to 1990. (1 Year)
Executive Director Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited: 1990 to 2000. (1 Year)
Special Assistant to the FGN President on Budget: 2000 to 2001. (1 Year)
Chairman Presidential Committee on Non-Oil Revenue Generation: 2000 to 2001 (1 Year)
Executive Vice Chairman Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited: 2001 to 2002. (1 Year)

Senator Bukola Saraki by these information has put in a total of 5 (post-University Graduation) years in service.
The Big questions for Senator Bukola Saraki are:

• How much did Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki make in 2 years as a Medical Student/Intern in 2 years?
• How much did he make in 2 years of his service as an Executive on Societe Generale (Nig.) Limited before 2003?
• How much did he make in 3 years of his public service before 2003?
• How much is he supposed to make (legitimately) altogether before 2003?
• Are there other legitimate sources of income (before 2003) he declared as required by the law?
• Does it mean other people with similar number of years in public or private service have 100s of Billions already in 5 years?

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki by AINATOLULOPE: 7:51am On Sep 23, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Commissions NNPP Office In Ikorodu, Lagos (Photos) / Despite Challenges, No Going Back On My Reforms - Tinubu / Ogoni Clean-Up: Buhari To Be Represented By Osinbajo - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.